RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Hypernova Blast

Started by CrackTiger, 06/29/2014, 03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Since the game didn't have a dedicated thread in the dev section, I created this one to repost a recent update from Mindrec's site:

Quote17 June, 2014
Hypernova Blast is in final beta testing! HNB is the latest PCEngine game from MindRec, and is slated for a release in the Aug-Sept timeframe.
Can't wait to see what the final product of Mindrec's second PCE shooter with "blast" in the title looks like. :)

We're quickly heading towards the PCE having more published hombrew shooters than the SNES has for commercial releases. :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheClash603

I didnt know this existed, very excited to try it out!

Bernie

I have to admit, it's come a LONG way since the first beta.  :)

esteban

I was following all the other updates, but somehow missed this one...what the hay?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

HailingTheThings

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/29/2014, 04:16 PMI didnt know this existed, very excited to try it out!
ditto
IMG

VestCunt

Hell yeah. Another good year for new Turbo releases.
Topic Adjourned.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Bernie on 06/29/2014, 06:42 PMI have to admit, it's come a LONG way since the first beta.  :) 
True dat! :)
IMG

shubibiman

It's due for a release next august or september but yet no pic to show ?
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

NecroPhile

Hypernova Blast Run Stages 1-4

He's uploaded a few other videos too.  They're a bit old, but it doesn't look much different today.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Elder

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/29/2014, 04:16 PMI didnt know this existed, very excited to try it out!
Same here.  Hadn't heard of this one before.  Looks good :)

Tatsujin

not that bad, especially the music is kinda cool. but nothing a simple NES could have handled.

why not finally bringing Xymanti to PCE life???
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/30/2014, 11:18 AMnot that bad, especially the music is kinda cool. but nothing a simple NES could have handled.

why not finally bringing Xymanti to PCE life???
We are never going to forgot our lost PCE gem, Xylomantle.

I thought Old_Rover was working on it, but he's been super-busy, plus real life issues...

shubibiman

Another Defender-like ? Why this kind of game on a japanese console ? I don't get it.

Arkhan Asylum

I wonder this too (Where is PC Gunjin, mostly).

I think the reality of it is though, nobody has the time to do games like that in a manner that will see them released in any sane time frame.

The longer you're stuck working on stuff, the more boring it can get.

Simple pre-crash style arcade games are simple enough that you don't get burned out on them.

Though, it's easy to get burned out on those too... (See: Atlantean!, lol)

While I wish Hypernova Blast wasn't another horizontal defender-like game for variety's sake (There's 4 horizontal shooter homebrews all in the works right now! -_-;  lol), I will still happily grab it and play it because it's like Novablast on Coleco/Intellivision, and that shit was awesome.

and now I have even less reason to drag those pieces of shit out and hook them up, so this is OK in my book, lol.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TheClash603

Video looks very cool, I am going to happily give my money away for this in the near future!

Bardoly

I had not heard of this game before, and I will happily purchase one after it has been released.   8)

As others have mentioned, while I do really enjoy shoot-'em-ups a lot, some more varied genre homebrew releases would be well appreciated.  Whatever happened to that platformer - Jungle Bros. anyway?   :?:

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Bardoly on 07/01/2014, 02:18 PMI had not heard of this game before, and I will happily purchase one after it has been released.   8)

As others have mentioned, while I do really enjoy shoot-'em-ups a lot, some more varied genre homebrew releases would be well appreciated.  Whatever happened to that platformer - Jungle Bros. anyway?   :?:
Fear not true Obeyer!  Jungle Bros. is still coming.  I did lose one entire song I was working on, & got discouraged, so I've been working on remaking Mega Man 1's ost for Bonknuts cd version.  That shouldn't take me too long(relatively speaking ofcoarse) as I have all the robot master songs established(just need to fluff them out), & have all the Dr Wily level & boss tunes done(including an extra one for Wily himself) & am currently working on the Epilogue/Ending.  From there, I'll head back to the beginning of the game, finish up the selection screen, & robot masters.

There's only 4 or 5 songs left for me to do for JB, so, in theory, it shouldn't take long, I just needed a break after the anger that consumed me when the track I was working on was erased!

As for Hypernova Blast, I was thinking.  Now that we've finished beta testing, I wonder what are the chances the gfx will be replaced with updated gfx?  I would think that could cause all sorts of problems & require more testing?
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/01/2014, 11:24 PMThere's only 4 or 5 songs left for me to do for JB, so, in theory, it shouldn't take long, I just needed a break after the anger that consumed me when the track I was working on was erased!
Thanks for the update. I assume there's more to be done than just the music, right?
Topic Adjourned.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2014, 11:34 PMI'm working on an adult mahjong homebrew. Huzzah!
Fund it.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 07/02/2014, 01:17 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 07/01/2014, 11:24 PMThere's only 4 or 5 songs left for me to do for JB, so, in theory, it shouldn't take long, I just needed a break after the anger that consumed me when the track I was working on was erased!
Thanks for the update. I assume there's more to be done than just the music, right?
Yeah, though I don't know if I'm at liberty reveal anything in regards to what's needed, other then my own work for it.
IMG

esadajr

just got an message from the mailing list. Can't wait for this Mindrec epic !
Gaming since 1985

esteban

Quote from: esadajr on 08/27/2014, 10:37 AMjust got an message from the mailing list. Can't wait for this Mindrec epic !
Dude, you gotta post the contents here!

One, I'm lazy.

Two, the email address I used for the mailing list was abandoned in 1999.

Three, I'm lazy.

NecroPhile

QuoteHello Mostly Quiet Turbo List

Late last year I asked for some beta testers to help out with a new SCD that MindRec was creating, and I am now pleased to announce that all the hard work is done, and that next week Hypernova Blast, the newest SCD for the PCEngine/TurboDuo will be pressed.

You can read about the new game at the HNB website: http://hypernovablast.com; once the games are pressed next week and en route to me, I will open the HNB store up for ordering. The web site has screen shots, a video of the first stage, and you can
even stream the entire soundtrack.  More videos and screen shots will be added in the next week or so.

Please let me know if you have any questions, it's been a fun (and challenging) 18 months to get this SCD ready, and I hope that it brings a little (or a lot of) new life to your Turbo Life.

-bt
Two new OBEY in one month!!!  :mrgreen:

jlued686

So awesome to have new games coming out for the Turbo on such a regular basis. Thanks to all the homebrew developers for keeping our beloved system alive!

TurboXray

I somehow missed this ;>_> Adding the link to my blog..

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2014, 11:12 AM
QuoteHello Mostly Quiet Turbo List

Late last year I asked for some beta testers to help out with a new SCD that MindRec was creating, and I am now pleased to announce that all the hard work is done, and that next week Hypernova Blast, the newest SCD for the PCEngine/TurboDuo will be pressed.

You can read about the new game at the HNB website: http://hypernovablast.com; once the games are pressed next week and en route to me, I will open the HNB store up for ordering. The web site has screen shots, a video of the first stage, and you can
even stream the entire soundtrack.  More videos and screen shots will be added in the next week or so.

Please let me know if you have any questions, it's been a fun (and challenging) 18 months to get this SCD ready, and I hope that it brings a little (or a lot of) new life to your Turbo Life.

-bt
Two new OBEY in one month!!!  :mrgreen:
THE SOUNDTRACK!!!!!  Wooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!

Bt Garner

Quote from: esteban on 08/27/2014, 07:29 PMTHE SOUNDTRACK!!!!!  Wooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!
Nate and I spent a lot of time on the soundtrack, and although there is not a consistent theme, the songs are varied enough that you should not get bored, and if you do, you can pause the game and change the track while you are playing.

CrackTiger

The "MindRec Triple Pack" is an amazing deal and must-buy for anyone who doesn't yet ave the first two games.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Mishran

Preorders appear to have opened for the game on the site. Already put mine in.

esteban

Quote from: bt on 08/28/2014, 06:59 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/27/2014, 07:29 PMTHE SOUNDTRACK!!!!!  Wooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!!!
Nate and I spent a lot of time on the soundtrack, and although there is not a consistent theme, the songs are varied enough that you should not get bored, and if you do, you can pause the game and change the track while you are playing.
Awesome, I can't wait to play the game, switch songs, and then, switch songs again—because I can.  :pcgs:

Quote from: Mishran on 09/02/2014, 08:23 PMPreorders appear to have opened for the game on the site. Already put mine in.
Thanks for the update!

LostFlunky

esadajr

ordered mine as well.
Gaming since 1985

jlued686

I can't find anything on their site. Link?

NecroPhile

jlued686

DOH! I is stoopid.

Thanks!

EDIT: And...preordered.

Mishran

Looks like this is beginning to ship, just got my tracking info.

esteban

I just ordered HYPERNOVA BLAST.  :pcgs:

JoshTurboTrollX

ORDERED!!  EXCITED!! 

Thanks BT
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

LostFlunky

Got a shipping notice on the weekend, Awesome.

Now if I could buy the time to play these new games... I have spent about a half-hour with Antlantean, getting my ass handed to me.

Bt Garner

All the international orders (but one) will be shipped out today; the last international order will go out on Friday, provided that the post office will accept it.

shubibiman

Do I have time to order now if I want to get it shipped on friday (I'm in France) ?

Mishran

Mine has arrived, yay! :dance:
Just gotta wait till I get home from work to play it.

Bt Garner

Quote from: shubibiman on 09/10/2014, 01:03 PMDo I have time to order now if I want to get it shipped on friday (I'm in France) ?
Yes.    Any orders placed between now and Thursday evening will go out on Friday.

Mishran

/Mishran/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2014091023927_zpsc70b3c80.jpg

Oh yeah... Just unfortunate the case got a little busted up. Oh well.

Mathius

I can't seem to find Mindrec's site on a google search. Any help?

ParanoiaDragon

Because I'm lazy, I'll just repost this pic, except thankfully my case came in nice n' fresh!

Mathius, the website is Mindrec.com

Quote from: Mishran on 09/10/2014, 07:33 PM/IMG_2014091023927_zpsc70b3c80.jpg[/URL]

Oh yeah... Just unfortunate the case got a little busted up. Oh well.
IMG

Mathius

^^ I didn't realize the web address was that simple. Thank ya!

shubibiman

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.