New printed parts arrived today (duo door and everdrive case) update 1-7-15

Started by jelloslug, 08/07/2014, 08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dicer

The duo door seems to change color faster than the console itself, from all pics I have ever seen, so the color being slightly off probably won't be the worst thing.

Can't wait to see the dyed ED cover...

albatross

This is fantastic!  Great work!  I would be interested in a DUO door for sure.  When will they be available for sale?  Thank you!

jelloslug

Quote from: albatross on 09/02/2014, 09:42 AMThis is fantastic!  Great work!  I would be interested in a DUO door for sure.  When will they be available for sale?  Thank you!
I have sent the latest prototype off to be tested by an outside entity.  After that (baring any revisions) they should be available.

Sparky

wow looks great!! and ya colours that are close with be just fine, like my stickers i do, not perfect but damn close.

jelloslug

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2014, 12:06 PMwow looks great!! and ya colours that are close with be just fine, like my stickers i do, not perfect but damn close.
Yea, I have a feeling that no matter how much I tweak it I won't get it perfect.  I am really more concerned with the fit than anything else.  I could still just dye them all orange....

DeshDildo

This is all good.  Thank you for all the hard work!  I will most definitely be interested in an Everdrive cover.  Keep up the good work slug made of Jello!
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

csgx1

jelloslug

Here is the Everdrive cover and the Turboexpress battery door installed:

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

I think I need to radius the top edge of the Everdrive cover to make it look a bit better and to see if it will stop the front cover from curling.  There is a slight bow because of the geometry of the part at the printing process.  Gluing the cover on will fix it but for those that don't want to glue it on I want it to fit properly.

DeshDildo

That ever drive cover looks mighty sweet!
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

elderbroom

Can I see a closeup of the reset button ?  Is it just really think plastic that allows it to flex and press the button ?  I just got the ultra low profile TED cover (in orange) via shapeways.  But might have to opt for this one also as it's looks pretty sweet in black.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

jelloslug

Quote from: elderbroom on 09/02/2014, 09:53 PMCan I see a closeup of the reset button ?  Is it just really think plastic that allows it to flex and press the button ?  I just got the ultra low profile TED cover (in orange) via shapeways.  But might have to opt for this one also as it's looks pretty sweet in black.
The button is a separate piece, kind of like the button on a controller.

crans

Wow looks great next to print the whole shell of duo  :D

Keep us all posted im sure i could use some pars asap

NecroPhile

That TED cover looks pretty fancy.  Has anyone here tried painting theirs yet (the TED itself), kinda like Stone Age Gamer does with their overpriced deluxe version?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jelloslug

Quote from: Nulltard on 09/03/2014, 10:24 AM
Quote from: Desh on 09/02/2014, 09:50 PMThat ever drive cover looks nightly sweet!
Definitely getting one when they go for sale. Imagine, with the right nail polish or acrylic paint...

IMG
(pardon the quick and sloppy photoshoppling)
I'm going to do that with the test one that I have now.  I just need to get some model paint.

RetroRepair

420GOAT

I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

Dicer

When you finalize the ED cover, I want a white one to closer match the DuoR

jelloslug

Quote from: Dicer on 09/03/2014, 02:21 PMWhen you finalize the ED cover, I want a white one to closer match the DuoR
That should not be an issue.  I already have that dye mixed.

graffias79

Most excellent work!  When these are finalized you can count me in for one of the Duo doors and one of the Everdrive covers.

Nec.Game.head

Wicked cool stuff bro !! Now this is what you call 2014 Turbo Technology !!!
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

FairWitness

That looks great! Even the texture seems to match the console.  =D>

roflmao

Groover

They are looking good. I look forward to the chance to order some.  Great Job there. Really very cool.
IMG

johnnymad

Ayce

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/03/2014, 09:53 AMThat TED cover looks pretty fancy.  Has anyone here tried painting theirs yet (the TED itself), kinda like Stone Age Gamer does with their overpriced deluxe version?
Yeah I planned on painting mine once I get it.

Game-Tech.US

Jello, excellent work!
Are the pivot spring arms stronger than stock. If not you could add some strength there so that they will not break in the future.
Also are the cd gears too small to replicate?

cr8zykuban0

jelloslug

Here is a status update:

1. Turboexpress battery doors are ready.  PM me if you are interested.
2. DUO door: after a test fit it needs some minor tweaking.  One more print and it should be perfect.
3. Everdrive cover: I'm make a minor change to help prevent warping and to fix an aesthetic problem. One more print and it should be perfect.
4. DUO-R door: I have one more rough print to make to finalize the shape and if that works I will have a sample printed.
5. Everdrive USB cover:  There is some interest in this version so I'm going to get the dimensions for the port and make a different version for that one.
6. CD-ROM case latches: In stock, PM me if interested.

bonoedgey

thanks for the update jelloslug. I for one am interested in the Everdrive cover, but like you said one more print...
none the less thanks for keeping us informed

reno5

Groover

IMG

jelloslug

Quote from: Groover on 09/22/2014, 12:24 AMAny update on your wonderful work?
I have five TE doors and new prototypes of the other parts on the way.  They should be here the first week of October.

turbokon

I will definitely be picking up a few items for sure.  Question,  with the everdrive cover, how do you secure it in place?
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jelloslug

Quote from: turbokon on 09/23/2014, 04:39 AMI will definitely be picking up a few items for sure.  Question,  with the everdrive cover, how do you secure it in place?
There are posts that grip the holes in the board.  I do recommend a little glue or double sided tape for extra holding power though.

cjameslv

Is the everdrive (non-usb) covers finalized yet? I am interested in picking one up when your ready!

monads

this does look really nice!  i've been thinking of picking up an Everdrive and if do I'm on board for one of these covers!

CrossBow

I too would be most interested in the cover for the TED once you have those available.

jelloslug

cjameslv

Quote from: jelloslug on 09/29/2014, 10:11 PMThe parts have been shipped!
I already ordered my Everdrive from retrogate and am eagerly waiting on this new batch. I personally like this design so much more than the plain ones you have put a sticker on.

IMG

jelloslug

New parts day!

IMG

Turboexpress battery doors are in stock!

IMG

DUO card door.  It's going out tomorrow to be test fit on an actual system.

IMG

DUO-R card door.  It's going out tomorrow to be test fit on an actual system.

IMG

And last but not least, the Everdrive cover. I'm happy with this version so it is now available.

The best part now is that Shapeways just announced a price cut on this material so they will be a little bit cheaper than expected!

cjameslv

esteban

How much for an EverDrive cover? (If prices stayed the same?)

Thank you,  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jelloslug

I will be making an individual thread for purchasing the different parts shortly.  This will make it easier (for me) to keep track of things.

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

DeshDildo

Slug you beautiful man.  I will be in line for an ever drive cover.  This in turn will force me to actually purchase an Everdrive.

cjameslv

Quote from: Desh on 10/07/2014, 11:58 AMSlug you beautiful man.  I will be in line for an ever drive cover.  This in turn will force me to actually purchase an Everdrive.
Yep, i just ordered an Everdrive about a week ago. It shipped but the site says 5-6 weeks until i get it. I really like this cover and am looking forward to getting it.

grache

Quote from: cjameslv on 10/07/2014, 12:09 PM
Quote from: Desh on 10/07/2014, 11:58 AMSlug you beautiful man.  I will be in line for an ever drive cover.  This in turn will force me to actually purchase an Everdrive.
Yep, i just ordered an Everdrive about a week ago. It shipped but the site says 5-6 weeks until i get it. I really like this cover and am looking forward to getting it.
I'm in the same boat as Desh & cjameslv, just ordered an EverDrive and I want one jelloslug's covers. Please add me to the the list.
TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

johnnymad

Nice! Will pick up an Everdrive cover at some point. Awesome work. 3D printers are magical.

jelloslug

The first batch of ED covers and Duo doors are on their way.  I will make an individual thread for each part when they arrive.