@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

New printed parts arrived today (duo door and everdrive case) update 1-7-15

Started by jelloslug, 08/07/2014, 08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperGrafx

One question I have about these printed parts --- how durable and similar in feel is the plastic (or polymer" material?
Does it 'feel' like the original plastic or is it more bendy or brittle?

jelloslug

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 10/19/2014, 04:13 PMOne question I have about these printed parts --- how durable and similar in feel is the plastic (or polymer" material?
Does it 'feel' like the original plastic or is it more bendy or brittle?
It feels very much like your standard injection molded plastic.  It has the right amount of give with out being brittle or rubbery. Ask Nulltard or HailingTheThings their opinion of the material, they have both had it in their hands.

jelloslug

Another thing I have found with the printed parts is that if they managed to get warped you can heat them with a hair dryer and bend them back into shape.  I had a Turboexpress battery door that got bent a bit and I managed to bent it back with a little bit of heat.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: Nulltard on 10/19/2014, 09:59 PMIf not for the difference in texture (which jelloslug will be remedying) n you'd have trouble telling the 3d and original parts apart.
I guess this is both good and bad then.

By 'bad', I mean that at some point in the future, all kinds of devious sellers will put these parts printers to use creating knock off consoles, cases and accessories.  And then pawning them off as the genuine thing.   :o

jelloslug

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 10/21/2014, 08:44 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 10/19/2014, 09:59 PMIf not for the difference in texture (which jelloslug will be remedying) n you'd have trouble telling the 3d and original parts apart.

By 'bad', I mean that at some point in the future, all kinds of devious sellers will put these parts printers to use creating knock off consoles, cases and accessories.  And then pawning them off as the genuine thing.   :o
It's not so easy as putting a part in a copying machine.  Also, anyone will be able to tell the difference between a printed and a real part.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 10/21/2014, 08:44 PM

If it becomes that easy to make the replicas, they won't be able to sell them for bootleg prices... everyone can just make his own.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

YANDMAN

Those covers are fantastic, Imagine iof you printed a new turbo console but with cd drive in the molding, what a mod that would be

bmich1

Groover

IMG

jelloslug

bmich1

Was there another thread for purchase of the EverDrive covers? Great job!

jelloslug

Quote from: bmich1 on 11/05/2014, 03:26 PMWas there another thread for purchase of the EverDrive covers? Great job!
Nope, I meant that the parts have shipped from the printer to me.  As so as they are ready to sell I will make a separate thread for each part.

jelloslug

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jelloslug

PCEngineFX

Hey jelloslug - I may have missed the answer to this question (if it was asked) but you're still doing fit testing with these parts correct?  Also, was this the reason you are ordering them in white?
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

jelloslug

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 11/07/2014, 08:02 PMHey jelloslug - I may have missed the answer to this question (if it was asked) but you're still doing fit testing with these parts correct?  Also, was this the reason you are ordering them in white?
The only one that I'm still developing is the DUO-R door, the others have been tested.  I order them in white because they have to be dyed to get the right color.  Shapeways dyes their parts that are not white so there is no reason to pay extra to have it done when I have to dye them myself.

PCEngineFX

Quote from: jelloslug on 11/07/2014, 08:31 PM
Quote from: Pcenginefx on 11/07/2014, 08:02 PMHey jelloslug - I may have missed the answer to this question (if it was asked) but you're still doing fit testing with these parts correct?  Also, was this the reason you are ordering them in white?
The only one that I'm still developing is the DUO-R door, the others have been tested.  I order them in white because they have to be dyed to get the right color.  Shapeways dyes their parts that are not white so there is no reason to pay extra to have it done when I have to dye them myself.
Ah gotcha - cost cutting measure.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

jelloslug

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 11/07/2014, 08:37 PMAh gotcha - cost cutting measure.
Not as much cost cutting as avoiding duplication of work.  Also, once they have been dyed once they are not as easy to redye.

Groover

IMG

jelloslug

Quote from: Groover on 11/24/2014, 11:22 PMAny updates on this?
I have been dyeing the parts that I have but I have been a bit busy lately.  I hope to have duo doors and everdrive covers ready shortly.

NecroPhile

They'll be just in time for x-mas so everybody can put one in their Duo's stocking.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

IMG

lastcallhall

I've been playing my Duo-R a crazy amount lately. Im really wanting one of your ED covers!

greedostick

This is the best thing to come out in awhile. I always worry I am going to break my everdrive because you are forced t touch it. I know it's just a matter of time before I break a trace or something stupid.

This is kind of obscure. But what I think would be really cool is a replacement cover for the Ten Noe Koe bank. If anyone has ever changed a battery in one of these you know you pretty much have to ruin it by prying the top cover off. Then you have to wrap it in tape to get it to stick. It also has the solder tabs for the battery built in to the hu card. And the get all jacked up. If you could somehow make a cover, that encloses a cr2032 battery, and maybe has a simple piece of metal that you could just glue in the top and bottom of the new cover that would be amazing.
IMG

Groover

I can imagine it has been a busy time for everyone. Any updates on these parts? Any new pictures you could share?
IMG

jelloslug

They are mostly dyed.  With the upcoming Christmas vacation time I should be able to finish up the parts I have in stock.

Nec.Game.head

Wow absolutely great work on these! Looking forward to ordering a few Duo and Everdrive covers when the time comes.
Finally playing these games I couldn't get my hands on back in 91' !!! Nec fan always !!!

jelloslug

Opethian

IMG

mitsuman

I will need a Duo door sooner or later as well. Let me know the details.

Groover

IMG

Keith Courage

I want duo doors!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Gentlegamer

Quote from: jelloslug on 11/07/2014, 05:43 PMThe mailman was here today!

IMG
When I get a Turbo Everdrive, I'd want an undyed white cover to match my Duo-R.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

jelloslug

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 01/11/2015, 01:56 AMWhen I get a Turbo Everdrive, I'd want an undyed white cover to match my Duo-R.
No worries, I have another batch on the way just for the people that want white ones.