10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Which should be my next clear ?

Started by shubibiman, 08/23/2014, 04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shubibiman

Ok guies, time has now come for me to decide which game should be my next clear. But as you see on the print screen below, this next clear will be a very important one.  :P

IMG

So I need your advice : which game woud you like me to clear now ?
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

MrFulci

Somer Assault?

I'm not sure what you've already completed, so I'm just throwing that one out there That's the next TG-16 game I plan on playing through since I'm pretty sure I always failed on the last boss.

or

Atlantean

You could have a new HuCard Homebrew game bring you to 277 or 278!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

shubibiman

Somer Assault ? Sounds like a good choice. I've never cleared this one so I should give it a try. Thanks ;)

esteban

Quote from: shubibiman on 08/23/2014, 04:35 PMSomer Assault ? Sounds like a good choice. I've never cleared this one so I should give it a try. Thanks ;)
TV Sports Baseball
Marble Madness (using PCE Mouse, of course)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PunkCryborg

Something tough like Yokai Douchuuki!

shubibiman

I'll add it to my list of to play games :)

MrFulci

Shubi, give Somer a go!

Next weekend, I'll try to get to Somer Assault. I was busy with some movies this weekend. First I have to go through Smash TV, haven't done that in ages. I haven't touched Somer Assault since.. I don't know how long. Someone posted here about some people's reflexes getting worse with age, myself, I find some games easier now that I am older. I could be a bit more patient, and that's why.

I just remember the birthday trick on the game, to save that for a late boss, and that there was some debug screen, that let you have a flashing screen. Like an epilepsy test!

I feel Somer Assault is an overlooked game. Nice graphics, gameplay is very unique. However, as Nulltard mentioned, the last boss is frustrating, from what I recall. I'm pretty sure I never beat the game, just got frustrated. If it's a game, where I can't have unlimited continues at the last boss, then I probably got frustrated enough at the last boss over time(s), that I just left it alone for a while. I still think highly of it, though.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

PunkCryborg

Man I just can not get into Somer Assault...

shubibiman

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/24/2014, 10:25 AMSomeone posted here about some people's reflexes getting worse with age, myself, I find some games easier now that I am older. I could be a bit more patient, and that's why.
I feel exactly the same. I wouldn't have been able to clear some games I've cleared recently say a few years ago.

esteban

Quote from: MrFulci on 08/24/2014, 10:25 AMI feel Somer Assault is an overlooked game. Nice graphics, gameplay is very unique. However, as Nulltard mentioned, the last boss is frustrating, from what I recall. I'm pretty sure I never beat the game, just got frustrated. If it's a game, where I can't have unlimited continues at the last boss, then I probably got frustrated enough at the last boss over time(s), that I just left it alone for a while. I still think highly of it, though.
It is under-appreciated! Because hybrid games are vulnerable, by design—if you don't like one of the genres, it turns you off to the whole game.

I happen to love quirky/wacky hybrids, so Mesopotamia is a favorite of mine (competent  execution of concept, IMHO).

If a hybrid is poorly executed, it falls harder than a standard-genre-game....folks love to pint to the unorthodox formula and criticize it.

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/24/2014, 11:05 AMMan I just can not get into Somer Assault...
Damn, at sucks. It really is a treat, IMHO.

HOWEVER, THERE ARE A LOT OF GAMES THAT I JUST CAN'T GET INTO AND I AM PERPETUALLY SURPRISED TO HEAR FOLKS ENJOY THEM.

Like Bravoman or Shockman.

I just don't get it. I
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MrFulci

Quote from: esteban on 08/24/2014, 12:24 PM
Quote from: MrFulci on 08/24/2014, 10:25 AMI feel Somer Assault is an overlooked game. Nice graphics, gameplay is very unique. However, as Nulltard mentioned, the last boss is frustrating, from what I recall. I'm pretty sure I never beat the game, just got frustrated. If it's a game, where I can't have unlimited continues at the last boss, then I probably got frustrated enough at the last boss over time(s), that I just left it alone for a while. I still think highly of it, though.
It is under-appreciated! Because hybrid games are vulnerable, by design—if you don't like one of the genres, it turns you off to the whole game.

I happen to love quirky/wacky hybrids, so Mesopotamia is a favorite of mine (competent  execution of concept, IMHO).

If a hybrid is poorly executed, it falls harder than a standard-genre-game....folks love to pint to the unorthodox formula and criticize it.
You got it, Esteban. It's a hybrid, that to me, gets a lot right. it's a game where you control a slinky, that fires at different angles and such.

The thing about myself, and Somer Assault, is for almost 20 years, just about (Not trusting my memory too much now, about games, since my Bloody Wolf comments.), I still have a score to settle with that game.

That's why I suggested Shubi, with 276 clears, give it a, "beat down".

deubeul

I think that for the symbolic side of the feat, you should clear one of the most emblematic game of the system: Deep Blue.  :mrgreen:

NecroPhile

Adol's 277 is bullshit anyway, but the correct answer is Hatris.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Trenton_net

You finish Deep blue or Wonder Momo yet? (^_^);

tggodfrey

somer assault is a fun clear.  no need to worry about reflexes
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

shubibiman

It's not gonna be Deep Blue. I hate this game. I get sick just by thinking of it.

deubeul

That's why i proposed it!  :wink:

That must be accomplished in pain, tears, and blood!  :mrgreen: