@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Hello everyone

Started by graffias79, 09/03/2014, 04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graffias79

Hi all, Not sure if this is the proper place for an introduction thread, if not, I apologize.  I'm 35 this year and have been a TG-16 owner since 1992 and a Turbo Duo owner since 1993.  I wasn't aware of the forum here until it was recently suggested that I join.*  My favorite Turbo games are the Ys series, Ninja Spirit, Air Zonk, Gate of Thunder, Alien Crush and the Legendary Axe series.  This looks like a great place to look around so thanks for approving my request to join!

*It's been recently brought to my attention that my beloved Duo will inevitably need capacitor service.  Part of why I joined was to seek out someone capable of performing the operation since I do not possess the skills for such a task.  With the way prices on Turbo/PCE systems these days I feel that a little preventative maintenance is a good idea!

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard!

You definitely want to get those caps changed.  If you wait 'til you have problems, there's a good chance you'll have cap juice corroding the pcb and/or damaging other parts.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

geise

Welcome!  It's nice to have another older member that is already wise to the Turbo.  Love the list of favorites.  Ys Book I&II is by far my favorite on the turbo.   Gate of Thunder is also my other most played game.  It was what made me upgrade to a Duo when it was launched.  Again, welcome!

cr8zykuban0

welcome graffias79!

Bklyn4ever

elderbroom

So 35 makes us old timers ? .. damnit, 38 next month.  Welcome aboard, it's a great forum chalked full of tons of experience, knowledge, humor and some unique personalities.
-----------------------
Elderbroom
My TG-16/PCE Collection : http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/34/615/show-collection.htm

HailingTheThings

Welcome, Mister! Ys all up in your face!
IMG

Sephirothkefka

Welcome! As stated, you should get those capacitors changed soon. If the audio starts getting weird replace them ASAP! If not it will be a paperweight. Normal TG16's and PC Engine's as well as Duo R and RX's are fine.

choijimmy

welcome graffias79!

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: elderbroom on 09/03/2014, 09:54 PMSo 35 makes us old timers ? .. damnit, 38 next month.  Welcome aboard, it's a great forum chalked full of tons of experience, knowledge, humor and some unique personalities.
damn, I still got a way to go. im 23 turning 24 in 2 months. hell, the tg is older than I am lol

Azzurri

I thought I was old at 30, Hah  :P

geise

Quote from: elderbroom on 09/03/2014, 09:54 PMSo 35 makes us old timers ? .. damnit, 38 next month.  Welcome aboard, it's a great forum chalked full of tons of experience, knowledge, humor and some unique personalities.
Yeah, I'm older than 35.  However, compared to the age of quite a few of the newer members, yes 35 is old.  Not that there's anything wrong with younger guys/gals getting into the turbo, but it's nice sometimes when others join that are already on the same page.

johnnymad

Welcome! I'm jealous that you've been on the system since you were a kid.  :evil:

Azzurri

I still remember seeing the kiosk at the local Toys R us way back when, when I was like 6 or 7.  Always thought the Hucards were really cool, but I only could get one system and the SNES it was since it was cheaper too.

It's only 25 years later, but hey better late than never?

NecroPhile

You must mean cheaper than a Duo, as the TG-16 was half the price of a SNES.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

graffias79

Thanks for the welcome.  I've been in recovery from a spinal procedure for the last few days so I haven't been on much.  Turbo stuff was not available too close to where I grew up but I was able to get into it despite this.  I got the TG-16 from a friend at the time and the Duo was bought new at Babbages in Rockford, Illinois.  If only I were a more careful teenager my Duo would look a little prettier and still have its door!  My entire family, including my mom immediately fell in love with the Ys I & II pack-in.  I remember she made me play it through the stereo so she could listen to the background music.

As for any noticeable trouble; If you go into the CD player screen and try pressing "fade out" while it's playing it delays for a moment and the audio just stops abruptly.  I hope there is not already damage!  It's still able to games and audio CDs.  I tested it recently and it played one of my longest CDs out to the edge, and didn't seem to have trouble seeking anywhere on the disc.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: graffias79 on 09/09/2014, 12:02 PMMy entire family, including my mom immediately fell in love with the Ys I & II pack-in.  I remember she made me play it through the stereo so she could listen to the background music.
That's awesome.
IMG

mitsuman

Quote from: graffias79 on 09/09/2014, 12:02 PMI remember she made me play it through the stereo so she could listen to the background music.
I used to put the CD in my stereo and listen to the music that way. It is such a great soundtrack.
Oh and welcome! I'm new around here too.

esteban

Quote from: graffias79 on 09/03/2014, 04:33 PMHi all, Not sure if this is the proper place for an introduction thread, if not, I apologize.  I'm 35 this year and have been a TG-16 owner since 1992 and a Turbo Duo owner since 1993.  I wasn't aware of the forum here until it was recently suggested that I join.*  My favorite Turbo games are the Ys series, Ninja Spirit, Air Zonk, Gate of Thunder, Alien Crush and the Legendary Axe series.  This looks like a great place to look around so thanks for approving my request to join!

*It's been recently brought to my attention that my beloved Duo will inevitably need capacitor service.  Part of why I joined was to seek out someone capable of performing the operation since I do not possess the skills for such a task.  With the way prices on Turbo/PCE systems these days I feel that a little preventative maintenance is a good idea!
Welcome, comrade  :pcgs:

A lot of us are, sadly, old mothers. I'm 39. Wish I was younger. How am I going to beat every video game ever made in the next few decades? It doesn't seem likely....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG