Reverse duo tap?

Started by Bake, 09/20/2014, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bake

Several years back, TZD sold reverse duo taps, which allowed one to use duo and pc engine controllers on the turbografx. Does anyone have one of these they would like to sell? I'd like to use the avenue 6 pad on my turbografx, and figured this might be the way to go, (as opposed to buying a single controller adapter), although I imagine they are hard to find. Thanks.

NecroPhile

You can make your own by swapping a TG-16 controller cable into a DuoTap / PCE Tap: https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2893.0
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ishiyakazuo

I was thinking of doing something similar, but instead of swapping cables, just add the DIN-8 cable for the TG16 to a PCE Multitap.  The PCE taps are super cheap nowadays, and I've got a number of PCE controllers, so if I get a TG16, I don't want to have to re-buy all my controllers.

Bake

Thanks for the suggestions. I even have an old turbo tap somewhere, although there's something wrong with it- so maybe that won't work.

PCE taps are pretty common on ebay, so I could look into that. If anyone here has one, let me know.

ishiyakazuo

I know they go for pretty cheap on Amazon Japan...

Junker

There was nothing special about the taps they sold, they didn't come from NEC made like that.  They just switched the cable out themselves at TZD because they had allot of NOS taps laying around that they needed to move.