@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Retrogate having a sale on the TurboEverdrive +others

Started by technozombie, 11/28/2014, 08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWolve

So... Notice to Turbo Everdrive buyers: We got screwed in a sense that our version will soon be obsolete/inferior... Krik withheld his plans to help sell off the existing stock it would appear...

itmages . ru/image/view/2280911/223cddfc
storage3.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0214/s_1423884576_8760676_223cddfc9b.jpg

Source: krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2670.msg26815#msg26815

Best start thinking of selling yours off if you wanna upgrade to the newer one.

New features will be:
Quote from: krik"I have plans to release turbo-v2. It will be ram based cart with instant loading and populous support. May be i will implement some ram backup and arcade cards features, but i not sure. Features like wav playback or save states definatelly will not be implemented"

I already have working sample (: I guess it will be released in next 2-3 months.
Posted this to prevent people from doing another Group Buy on the current model as I saw plans by some to do it again. *Wait* for this new version...

poponon

ffs i just ordered a turboeverdrive a few days ago. would love to have the arcade card feature. what a pain

eldritch

From Wankykipedia:
"Emulation prevents erection"

technozombie

I already have an arcade card and Krikkz says he won't be implementing save states then I won't have much use for the new one. Still sucks though.

SmokeMonster

Quote from: NightWolve on 02/18/2015, 12:41 AMNotice to Turbo Everdrive buyers: We got screwed in a sense that our version will soon be obsolete/inferior... Krik withheld his plans to help sell off the existing stock it would appear...
I was shocked to see him to reply to that little thread with such big news. It would be awesome to have Arcade Card functionality for the same price as the current T-ED.

Was that also the first mention of a GBA Everdrive?!

SamIAm

Arcade cards aren't terribly expensive, and life could be worse than having to swap out an AC and an Everdrive.

If this works as a solution to expand the directly-accessible RAM of the 3.0 system*, though, it's just about guaranteed that every translation that will come out for this system henceforth will need this expansion.

*Arcade Card RAM is not directly accessible; it's behind a mapper, so it doesn't work like it needs to for translation projects.

esteban

Don't worry, NightWolve, I figured out a way to spin this so you don't feel buyer's remorse. Also, I will help you get the new version when it is released...I just need a lock of your hair and every Final Fantasy cart you own.

SILVER LINING: I am happy that it has been worth his time (Krikkz) to continue working on PCE/Turbo stuff. I am still worried that, at some point, huge demand from other platforms prevent him from tinkering with PCE/Turbo.

So, I'd like to think that the $$$ already spent was an investment for future development.

:)

ALSO: Does anyone want to buy a nearly brand-new TurboEverDrive?

J/k! :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

graffias79

Backup for game saves would certainly be nice but I won't complain.  I am happy with my new v1.2 TED as well.  Perhaps db Electronics will come up with a cart that we can save backups to?

esteban

We are living in a wonderful TG-16/PCE Golden Age right now...

NecroPhile

There's no reason to feel like you got screwed, as the current everdrive does everything it was advertised to do.  Should I feel bad about buying a 64mb neoflash instead of waiting for something better?  If I'd only waited, I could've gotten a 128mb version.... or waited some more and gotten a 128mb version with battery (whatever that's for).... or waited some more for an everdrive.... or waited some more for an everdrive 2.0.... or waited some more for a _________.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/18/2015, 03:49 PMThere's no reason to feel like you got screwed, as the current everdrive does everything it was advertised to do.  Should I feel bad about buying a 64mb neoflash instead of waiting for something better?  If I'd only waited, I could've gotten a 128mb version.... or waited some more and gotten a 128mb version with battery (whatever that's for).... or waited some more for an everdrive.... or waited some more for an everdrive 2.0.... or waited some more for a _________.
Wait, are you saying technology advances...and that we should accept it?

You crazy bastard.

jtucci31

At first I was disappointed, but I'm content. I already have an Arcade card since they are relatively cheap. And I am making full use of my everdrive now, as is. NecroPhile's point of "something new will just come out" is a great point. If it turns out that the new everdrive is 400000%%% better, then I'll consider it. But in the meantime, I'll just watch from the sidelines and see the new people that get it and tinker with it. :)

Hope people aren't too pissed at me :lol:

Gentlegamer

Who ever said procrastination doesn't pay off?

I have an Arcade Duo card, I didn't know the current TED doesn't have instant loading, so that will make it worth it for me.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

NecroPhile

How long does it really take to load?  I'm sure my neoflash doesn't have ram for instaload, but I can't say I've sat around wishing I had a neogeo cd instead.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!