PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Metal Jesus ruins my faith in humanity

Started by slinkyturd, 12/13/2014, 10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/19/2015, 02:58 AM
Quote from: esteban on 02/19/2015, 12:13 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/18/2015, 11:55 PMIMG
Owe.

Mie.

Ghaahhd.
He done did got it for free, too.

Could have just given him a fucking Dio album, it's all the same, he wouldn't even know the difference. The man is mentally challenged after all.

The Lair of Metal Jesus Rocks: Where donated retro games go to get... idk, flushed down the toilet?

Tits.
Because I am a masocihst I watched the entire video.

GOD I HATE THESE VIDEOS ("latest pickups")...

Anyway, he mentioned that he worked for Sierra back in the day...does anyone know what his actual job title was? Just curious.

Anyway, I still think that there are a lot of folks who are much, much worse than Metal JESUS, so I just laugh at this goofball. :)

For example, NO JOKE, I had never watched even a second of a "pewdiepie" video before. Sure, I heard of him, but never watched anything. DEAR LORD HE IS ABOMINABLE. I couldn't stomach more than 45 seconds. I can't believe he has not been tarred  and feathered for his antics.

So, Metal JESUS is the least of my problems. Ha!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 02/19/2015, 06:46 AMAnyway, he mentioned that he worked for Sierra back in the day...does anyone know what his actual job title was? Just curious.
Janitor.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 02/19/2015, 09:49 AM
Quote from: esteban on 02/19/2015, 06:46 AMAnyway, he mentioned that he worked for Sierra back in the day...does anyone know what his actual job title was? Just curious.
Janitor.
That I wouldn't doubt he doesn't come off as especially bright. Granted his big claim to fame seems to stem more from being in some FMV section of one game they made where he is "playing" a guitar looking all 80s rock.

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/19/2015, 02:08 PM
Janitor.
That I wouldn't doubt he doesn't come off as especially bright. Granted his big claim to fame seems to stem more from being in some FMV section of one game they made where he is "playing" a guitar looking all 80s rock.
Hahhaahhaha. This is now something that I must see.

Ridiculous.

Awesome.

Wasteful.

RAW.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 02/19/2015, 04:15 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/19/2015, 02:08 PM
Janitor.
Hahhaahhaha. This is now something that I must see.

Ridiculous.

Awesome.

Wasteful.

RAW.
He featured his cameo in one of his videos, but I couldn't be bothered to pin point which video of his this was in.

esteban

This Toolet Mignon is out of control. I will find his 2 seconds of non-fame...

HailingTheThings

I think Metal Jerbus was a secretary or something along those lines, though I'm probably wrong. I'm pretty sure he mentioned what he kinda did, but didn't come right out and say. Let me go look...

Got bored after looking for 5 seconds. We'll just say secretary-ish thing... which I think is what he is currently doing at some new company that hired him because his friend Drunken Master Paul put in the good word. Why do I know this? Jerzus-effck I retain way too much useles information. Fucking youtube. Gotta stop watching shitty videos when I'm tired. Hah.
IMG

poponon

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/20/2015, 02:30 AMDrunken Master Paul
Of all the youtube personalities I've seen, this guy has to be one of the worst, if not the absolute worst. One video I watched turned me off from the entire channel - a tour of john hancock's game collection, where "Drunken Master Paul" was being a massive asshole. never again please

eldritch

MJesus said in one of his vids that he worked at Sierra as a game tester if I recall correctly.
But it's the only one I watched because I find him both visually and orally repulsive.

A guy I really like a lot is lukemorse, cause he lives in Japan (home country of my wife) and really knows how to fix old systems. He also makes vids of his bike ramblings in Tokyo and tests weird Japanese foods and drinks. Check him out, he's the epitome of coolness

NecroPhile

Epitome?  I think the word you meant to use was 'antithesis'.

eldritch

Not correct epitome means 'perfect example'
Antithesis means just the opposite.
Sorry to teach you your own language

esteban

Quote from: eldritch on 02/20/2015, 10:58 AMNot correct epitome means 'perfect example'
I think NecroPhile was suggesting that "lukemorse" is the epitome of _____.

:)

NecroPhile

Quote from: eldritch on 02/20/2015, 10:58 AMNot correct epitome means 'perfect example'
Does your dictionary have a definition of "facetious"?

poponon

Quote from: eldritch on 02/20/2015, 04:02 AMlukemorse
I like lukemorse, especially his repair vids, but I wouldn't describe him as the epitome of coolness. A while back his wife and kids left him because of his outrageous videogame hoard. He quit for a while, I'm surprised he's back

HailingTheThings

Quote from: poponon on 02/20/2015, 02:46 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/20/2015, 02:30 AMDrunken Master Paul
Of all the youtube personalities I've seen, this guy has to be one of the worst, if not the absolute worst. One video I watched turned me off from the entire channel - a tour of john hancock's game collection, where "Drunken Master Paul" was being a massive asshole. never again please
IMG

Also John Hancock really pisses me off. Reminds me off this little shit in my neighborhood growing up that just had to have absolutely everything. Ehhh.

Quote from: guest on 02/20/2015, 03:39 PM
Does your dictionary have a definition of "facetious"?
Facetious? That's my baby's name!
IMG

poponon

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/20/2015, 05:35 PMAlso John Hancock really pisses me off. Reminds me off this little shit in my neighborhood growing up that just had to have absolutely everything. Ehhh.
I wouldn't say the guy pisses me off but I find his collection pretty ridiculous, I don't understand the point of buying games just for the sake of collecting. Also I watched a video a while back where he was talking about how he got into the hobby, and it was just sort of a fluke and he pretty much is in it just to collect. Seems like he doesn't care for playing the games much. wacko

eldritch

Quote from: poponon on 02/20/2015, 04:55 PM
I like lukemorse, especially his repair vids, but I wouldn't describe him as the epitome of coolness. A while back his wife and kids left him because of his outrageous videogame hoard. He quit for a while, I'm surprised he's back
Thought something like that had happened to him. Not cool, for sure.
Sorry I didn't get the joke, BTW. Hard for a newcomer to understand the lingo here.
Me not spaek it good yet  :lol:

esteban

Quote from: eldritch on 02/21/2015, 02:43 AM
Sorry I didn't get the joke, BTW. Hard for a newcomer to understand the lingo here.
No need to apologize.

Just play play 10 hours of Ballistix as penance.

:)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: eldritch on 02/21/2015, 02:43 AM
I was never even aware he was married or had kids. He always came off as some sort of single western guy living it up in Japan.

In fact knowing how small most houses even more so apartments are in Japan I always wondered how the hell he would fit half the stuff he has. Those candy cabs alone. Sure he has said something about having a storage unit but yeah.

seieienbu

Quote from: esteban on 02/21/2015, 06:30 AMNo need to apologize.

...I'd rather just apologize.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/21/2015, 11:09 AM
Quote from: esteban on 02/21/2015, 06:30 AMNo need to apologize.

...I'd rather just apologize.
Hahaahhahahahahahahaha. Yeah, me too :)

CGQuarterly

LukeMorse is way too full of himself.

John Hancock?  The dude markets a DVD set that you can buy that basically just shows off his collection.  It's some kind of "how to collect for..." kind of shit, but at the end of the day it's just a one-man circlejerk.

One time I was at PRGE and I was chatting it up with a few show volunteers, and they were telling me how Hancock was acting like a huge prima donna.  I think their exact words were "that guy is an asshole".  It never ceases to amaze me how anyone who is part of the retrogaming scene could ever get a big head.  I once heard a story that involved Pete Dorr using the phrase "Do you know who I am" as a means of getting his way at a gaming convention.  A fucking brown streak on the underwear of life is what you are, Pete.

geise

lol lukemorse shows you how to not fix a pcb the right way.  if you're that amateurish with fixing shit don't put up a video.  Anyways MJ is terrible and I can't believe this thread has gone on this long.  Seems like people that hate him still check out his shit.

Medic_wheat

It's the drama. There is always something new to talk about.  :dance:

mackdanger

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 02/21/2015, 08:27 PMJohn Hancock?  The dude markets a DVD set that you can buy that basically just shows off his collection.  It's some kind of "how to collect for..."
A lot of these jokers have some kind of "How to collect for X system" videos and frankly, I find it absolutely baffling. Not simply that someone would make such a video, but that others would actually watch it. What could possibly need to be explained? "Uhhhhh, so like, that system you want. Yeah, first you buy that, then you buy the games." I don't get it.

As for Luke Morse, well, that's a whole other wad of WTF. The guy will drop stupid amounts of money on PCBs, games, systems, and then he goes at them with a shitty, corroded $20 soldering iron. I used to watch his videos when I first got into modding about a year ago, but I knew immediately there were better examples to follow. If you search for his "final video" on YouTube, someone else re-upped it with a lulzy description.
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

Bloufo

Add Gamester 81 to the list. In fact put him near the top.

poponon

Quote from: mackdanger on 02/22/2015, 12:16 AMIf you search for his "final video" on YouTube, someone else re-upped it with a lulzy description.
Was gonna add this but I felt bad

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/22/2015, 01:49 AMAdd Gamester 81 to the list. In fact put him near the top.
another guy that just seems to collect for the sake of collecting without knowning much about the actual games. weird

Bloufo

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/22/2015, 01:49 AMAdd Gamester 81 to the list. In fact put him near the top.
another guy that just seems to collect for the sake of collecting without knowning much about the actual games. weird[/quote]
And heavy handed to boot.  :lol:
Watch a few of his earlier vids before he invested in a tripod. He handles rare pieces of console hardware as if he's stress-testing their durability.

Arkhan Asylum

collectors are mostly idiots.   

I am pretty much tired of all of the gaming YouTube channels.

It's all the same:

1) Person in front of shelves of bullshit they haven't touched/won't touch/haven't touched in 15+ years
2) carefully placed "rare" items for maximum cool.  Congrats.  You have stuff other people also have.
3) retarded opinions/statements that shout "I just wikipedia'd this".   Thanks for nothing.

sometimes you get a little variety:

1) Shitty camera use (a'la middle school movie project).  If you are going to make a channel, buy a tripod, fuckface.
2) annoying introduction.  Nobody cares about your tacky Windows Movie Maker transitions/logo/crap.
3) cue-card style talking.  Because you didn't already sound like a tool.

what you never get:

1) Anything you actually give a fuck about
2) time wasted back.

The only gaming channel I can even watch is AVGN.    He's a character.  You go into it expecting stupidity and exaggeration.

And then you watch James/Mike Mondays and you get something un-fucking-heard of:

1) Gamers playing a game, and bullshitting amongst themselves while doing it.
2) actual reactions/statements on the game being played

I might have already said this in this thread but I am too lazy to look.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2015, 03:57 AMThe only gaming channel I can even watch is AVGN.    He's a character.  You go into it expecting stupidity and exaggeration.

And then you watch James/Mike Mondays and you get something un-fucking-heard of:

1) Gamers playing a game, and bullshitting amongst themselves while doing it.
2) actual reactions/statements on the game being played
Yeah, I still like his show for these very reasons.

graffias79

Quote from: eldritch...Sorry I didn't get the joke, BTW. Hard for a newcomer to understand the lingo here.
I've found that on this forum you may sometimes find a bunch of guys having a sargasm all over what you said.  Respond how you want but for me what works is ignoring it, being nice, or responding with friendly sarcasm.

poponon

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2015, 03:57 AMAVGN. 
I think AVGN is becoming more and more like the other shows. Although I enjoy watching, I find that the James+Mike mondays have sort of a forced feeling to them. Maybe it's just nitpicking

esteban

GoldenWheels

Quote from: poponon on 02/22/2015, 02:21 AM
Quote from: mackdanger on 02/22/2015, 12:16 AMIf you search for his "final video" on YouTube, someone else re-upped it with a lulzy description.
Was gonna add this but I felt bad

another guy that just seems to collect for the sake of collecting without knowning much about the actual games. weird
Besides him just seeming like the king of all collectards instead of an actual gamer, it bugs me he reviews stuff you can buy (and sometimes ONLY buy)  from the same company whose commercial runs in front of his vids. I don't know if he's unbiased or not, but once you're making money off of some stuff, you should probably recuse yourself from reviewing said stuff IMO.

I breathlessly await the awesome reviews for Sydney Hunter. 10/10/10/10 GOTY!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 02/23/2015, 05:22 PMJames+Mike suck.
Oh god yes!  Mike. Man Mike is that one guy who wants to be popular so he just comes off more vulgar annoying and "what ever" approach to life so he gets his 15 seconds of fame.

Problem is he comes off as the lackey of the person everyone else came to hangout with and we only put up with it because the fun guy hasn't ditched you yet.

I get he was around for along time usually helping with the videos and playing the part of some costumed so and so. But his personality just brings down what I like in any AVGN video.

poponon

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/23/2015, 09:12 PMBut his personality just brings down what I like in any AVGN video.
I don't mind his personality so much, but he just doesn't seem to click so well with James, atleast on video. Mike can be something of an asshole when playing games, while James is more aloof while trying to force some comedy. He doesn't respond to Mike's banter very well.

Either way I'd like to play games with the guys

Arkhan Asylum

Sometimes Mike sounds a little knobby and seems like he forgets he's now on the internet, and anything doofy he says is out there forever.

I kinda chuckle when he tries excusing a fuckup while playing.

Just admit it, you fucked up.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

mickcris

Just watched the newest Metal Jesus on shooters and it was pretty bad:
They have PC Engine games mixed in with TG16 games and dont mention that you cannot actually play them without a convertor or region switch.

He also couldn't remember 100% if the TG16 controller has turbo switches so he must not actually use his much.

herb

I normally enjoy most of his episodes, but this one was just plain bad. The "more knowledgeable" guest he had with him didn't seem to know jack crap  ](*,)

o.pwuaioc

Just came by to basically say the same. But this isn't really Metal Jesus, who doesn't know many of these games (as he admits up front).

ToyMachine78

Mike is a rat looking whiney bitch. I love how fast he gets nerd rage.

poponon

Quote from: mickcris on 02/27/2015, 09:40 AMHe also couldn't remember 100% if the TG16 controller has turbo switches so he must not actually use his much.
Isn't this considered a defining feature of the console? Before I got into pce/tg16 I always thought of it as the console with stock turbo controllers. I mean it's the turbo-grafx ffs.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: mickcris on 02/27/2015, 09:40 AMJust watched the newest Metal Jesus on shooters and it was pretty bad:

They have PC Engine games mixed in with TG16 games and dont mention that you cannot actually play them without a convertor or region switch.

He also couldn't remember 100% if the TG16 controller has turbo switches so he must not actually use his much.
These guys crack me up. This Carlos character is a TG-16 guru? Really?

Some of my favorite comments:

Blazing Lazers is based off the Japanese movie Gunhed, I didn't know that.

Seriously!? The game is fucking called Gunhed in Japan.

China Warrior is like Double Dragon.

China Warrior is nothing like DD douche. Try Kung Fu or Vigilante.

Its so Zen like....

What the hell does that even mean in relation to a shooter game?

poponon

herb

He also seems to have a hard-on for big sprites.

GoldenWheels

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/23/2015, 09:12 PMProblem is he comes off as the lackey of the person everyone else came to hangout with and we only put up with it because the fun guy hasn't ditched you yet.
Yup. The guy continually trying too hard.

Waterclocker

Feels like he is searching for topics to make videos on and doesn't have much knowledge on the topic.  The videos are much better when he sticks to what he knows!
My Channel - Pickups, repairs, etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CollectingRetro

Needs more OBEY, but I'm working on it.

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/23/2015, 09:12 PM
Oh god yes!  Mike. Man Mike is that one guy who wants to be popular so he just comes off more vulgar annoying and "what ever" approach to life so he gets his 15 seconds of fame.

Problem is he comes off as the lackey of the person everyone else came to hangout with and we only put up with it because the fun guy hasn't ditched you yet.

I get he was around for along time usually helping with the videos and playing the part of some costumed so and so. But his personality just brings down what I like in any AVGN video.
Thank you, yes. We agree on all points. :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/27/2015, 10:21 AM
Quote from: mickcris on 02/27/2015, 09:40 AMJust watched the newest Metal Jesus on shooters and it was pretty bad:

These guys crack me up. This Carlos character is a TG-16 guru? Really?

Some of my favorite comments:

Blazing Lazers is based off the Japanese movie Gunhed, I didn't know that.

Seriously!? The game is fucking called Gunhed in Japan.

China Warrior is like Double Dragon.

China Warrior is nothing like DD douche. Try Kung Fu or Vigilante.

Its so Zen like....

What the hell does that even mean in relation to a shooter game?
Hahahahahshashs. Yup.

I will forgive him for "Zen" because I do much better in games when I "become one with them" (achieving a state of ohmmmm) instead of being totally anxious/stressed out (and/or  in a state of panic).

slinkyturd

The only Metal Jesus video I want to watch is the one where he describes the games he traded all his teeth for. Then have cameos of these people who are now experts in dentistry only because they have his teeth.

"4/5 dentists with Metal Jesus teeth choose Playstation 2!"
70/95 US Turbochips