Question about controller adapter

Started by Bake, 01/09/2015, 11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bake

I recently bought a Hori 6 button pad to use on my Turbografx using a controller adapter. It doesn't work- the controller doesn't respond. I've noticed that when I gently move around the end of the adapter that connects to the turbo, the games will react to that. For example, I was playing Blazing Lazers and the ship started moving in one direction, but I wasn't pressing anything. The adapter also seems to connect the the turbo pretty loosely, so maybe the connection is poor.

This is the adapter-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duo-Core-Grafx-1-2-Supergrafx-PC-Engine-To-Turbografx-16-Pad-Controller-adapter-/261605384169?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ce8e55fe9

I don't think the issue is the controller. I can't test the adapter since I don't have another pc engine controller. Does this sound like a common issue for a faulty adapter? Or maybe the controller and adapter are incompatible some how? Thanks for any help.

NecroPhile

This might be a dumb question, but do you have the 2/6 button switch set correctly?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bake

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2015, 11:10 AMThis might be a dumb question, but do you have the 2/6 button switch set correctly?
I do. I also tried Street Fighter II on either setting and nothing happens.

NecroPhile

Well, it's hard telling what the problem is.  I doubt the converter is incompatible, so something is probably faulty.  Do those pads use the same internal cable connections as other controllers?  If they do, you could try swapping the cable and doing a round of testing to see where the problem lies.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

IMG

grache

I have a Hori 6 button controller and it works fine on a TG-16 with an adapter.
TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

Bake

Quote from: grache on 01/10/2015, 12:46 AMI have a Hori 6 button controller and it works fine on a TG-16 with an adapter.
That's good to know- is it the same adapter that I linked above?

grache

No, it was one I made.

If you'd like I can send you an adapter that I've tested working, if it works keep it and send me some $$ through paypal. If it doesn't you know the problem is in the controller and you can mail the adapter back to me.
TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

Bake

Thanks for the offer grache. I have another adapter on the way, but if it doesn't work out I'll message you.

DragonmasterDan

I have a Hori six button pad and have used it via a reverse Duo pad on a regular TG16 without a problem. Without having a PC Engine to test the pad on it's tough to narrow the problem down to your adapter.
--DragonmasterDan