Current price of Dracula X?

Started by dave_van_damn, 03/09/2015, 05:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_van_damn

How much does Dracula X go for these days? I have the opportunity to buy it for $130 US - is this a good price? Thanks!

pdiggitydogg

Sounds like your typical over-priced eBay price.
Price chart currently shows it at 125.

HailingTheThings

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=12&_nkw=dracula+pc+engine&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Sounds decent meh-ish, either that or watch amazon closely? Got mine on there, maybe a little more than a year ago, I can't remember, for $80ish, maybe closer to $90, idk.
IMG

dave_van_damn

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 03/09/2015, 06:31 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=12&_nkw=dracula+pc+engine&LH_PrefLoc=2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Sounds decent meh-ish, either that or watch amazon closely? Got mine on there, maybe a little more than a year ago, I can't remember, for $80ish, maybe closer to $90, idk.
Hmph. Is the game actually rare or is it just in high demand?

pulstar

It's pretty common as far as I know, just a lot of people want it because of it's reputation (one it's earned, to be fair).
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

majors

A few years ago it was asking $200. I think with the PSP release, it has gone down. Personally, it's well worth $130...but I'm a died in the obey, true turbo fan. That being said, I got my copy for $40-50 from a local buddy that was downsizing(friend prices)...and the manual was is poor shape.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

$130 is a decent deal but not a steal.  Totally worth it.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Got mine a few weeks a go for $100 w/free shipping no spine label card thingy other wise CIB.

Trending around that range

esadajr

$100 is a good deal. More value for your $ than a couple crappy X1 games.
Gaming since 1985

CGQuarterly

You can definitely hold out for a better deal.  That being said, this would be the best $130 you've ever spent on a video game.

ClodBusted

Quote from: dave_van_damn on 03/09/2015, 05:37 AMHow much does Dracula X go for these days? I have the opportunity to buy it for $130 US - is this a good price? Thanks!
You can get it for $9.

SignOfZeta

While most 8-bit games went to $1 at some time in the 90s and then some rocketed towards a grand by 2015, Drac X never did this. When importers started carrying it in 1993 or whenever, it was $70-100. It has pretty much kept pace with inflation since then.

It's never hard to find. Never cheep, but it shouldn't be expensive either. It's not rare in the slightest, but it is the most widely popular and highly regarded game on PCE so once you have it most of the other good stuff is cheaper.
IMG

Gentlegamer

Burn a copy and wait for a better price.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Arkhan Asylum

Its $$$ right now because AVGN + Metal Jesus + Famicum Dojo
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 03/09/2015, 03:47 PMBurn a copy and wait for a better price.
Doesn't work for us with finicky Duos. :/

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 03/09/2015, 02:22 PM
Quote from: dave_van_damn on 03/09/2015, 05:37 AMHow much does Dracula X go for these days? I have the opportunity to buy it for $130 US - is this a good price? Thanks!
You can get it for $9.
I thought the original virtual console was kaput. Good to know it's still around.
Gaming since 1985

Arkhan Asylum

WELL, GET A LESS FINICKY FUCKIN DUO THEN, AMANAPAPNAGHTR
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

RyuHayabusa

$130 is a bit high, though strangely enough it seems like prices have crept up a bit. Seems like it used to average around $100 but I'm seeing more listings at $120-$130. I got mine for about $80 but it's been quite a while ago.

Sarumaru

Quote from: guest on 03/09/2015, 03:53 PMIts $$$ right now because AVGN + Metal Jesus + Famicum Dojo
Pretty much. I think it's jumped about an average of 20-30 dollars since. The game itself isn't rare as it was made in relatively high numbers but it is very much in demand, more so now thanks to the agitated video game nubnubs.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 03/09/2015, 05:38 PMWELL, GET A LESS FINICKY FUCKIN DUO THEN, AMANAPAPNAGHTR
It's modded, I'd rather just skip out on it then deal with burning issues. /me shrugs

esteban

I will buy your copy for $200. PM me.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ToyMachine78

I got mine at $92 a year ago

tknjin

I won one recently for 140 with spine and registration.  In quite minty shape, depending on the 130 if it is spined I would say that is a good deal.  If not I say nay, then again I don't buy any pc engine CD game without its spine card. This was a copy I got for a buddy of mine.

Medic_wheat

So basically keep it between $95-130 and you are fine.

Anything higher then that and walk away less you wish to give sellers a seance of increased demand to jack prices higher for shits and grins.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: tknjin on 03/10/2015, 02:32 AMI won one recently for 140 with spine and registration.  In quite minty shape, depending on the 130 if it is spined I would say that is a good deal.  If not I say nay, then again I don't buy any pc engine CD game without its spine card. This was a copy I got for a buddy of mine.
Well, at least you have your priorities straight.
IMG

CGQuarterly

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/10/2015, 10:54 AM
Quote from: tknjin on 03/10/2015, 02:32 AMI won one recently for 140 with spine and registration.  In quite minty shape, depending on the 130 if it is spined I would say that is a good deal.  If not I say nay, then again I don't buy any pc engine CD game without its spine card. This was a copy I got for a buddy of mine.
Well, at least you have your priorities straight.
One time I unknowingly bought a PC Engine CD game that was missing it's spine card.  I ended up having to replace the laser in my Duo.

Spine card collectors are a special class of retard. I honestly do not know if my copy of Drac X has the spine card or not. Maybe I tucked it into the manual, maybe I don't have it in the first place.  Who fucking cares?  It's not like we're talking about the hang tabs on Genesis games, or anything.  What the fuck kind of barbarian rips those off???

majors

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 03/10/2015, 12:07 PMSpine card collectors are a special class of retard.
I gave all my spines to a "special class of retard" friend.

♪♫ "He ain't collectard, he's my brother" ♫♪
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

Spine cards are the PCE version of collection Turbob boxes. 

tknjin

I care about the presentation of my pc engine CD games, and I play my games as well.  It just doesn't look appealing without it.  I know some people don't care about them, but I care about the presentation because that is how they used to come when they were brand new.

LostFlunky

Quote from: tknjin on 03/10/2015, 02:35 PMI care about the presentation of my pc engine CD games, and I play my games as well.  It just doesn't look appealing without it.  I know some people don't care about them, but I care about the presentation because that is how they used to come when they were brand new. 
I don't get it... 

Not meaning to bust your balls, but how are you presenting them? The spine cards aren't staying on the outside unless glued or shrink wrapped....

esteban

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 03/10/2015, 03:25 PM
Quote from: tknjin on 03/10/2015, 02:35 PMI care about the presentation of my pc engine CD games, and I play my games as well.  It just doesn't look appealing without it.  I know some people don't care about them, but I care about the presentation because that is how they used to come when they were brand new. 
I don't get it... 

Not meaning to bust your balls, but how are you presenting them? The spine cards aren't staying on the outside unless glued or shrink wrapped....
If he has cellophane CD bag, or plastic case, he could keep the spine card in its proper place.

HOWEVER, it would become incredibly annoying to remove/replace games when you have to worry about crushing/bending the spine card.

Plus, I did not think that collectors would want the spine card to experience so much handling/potential damage.

NecroPhile

Ya just gotta be careful, este.

esteban

CGQuarterly

I would need to see some pics to understand why PC Engine games, on a shelf, look less appealing without the spine card.  i guess my library of Turbo games looks like shit, then.

xcrement5x

Quote from: esteban on 03/10/2015, 03:37 PM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 03/10/2015, 03:25 PM
I don't get it... 

If he has cellophane CD bag, or plastic case, he could keep the spine card in its proper place.

HOWEVER, it would become incredibly annoying to remove/replace games when you have to worry about crushing/bending the spine card.

Plus, I did not think that collectors would want the spine card to experience so much handling/potential damage.
This is what I do.  It's really not as much wear and tear or difficulty as you might think.

For a single CD case, when I pull out the case with the disc in it, the spine card just stays back in the corner of the poly bag and retains the shape of the case.  As long as you don't jam the case back into the bag like a hillbilly on prom night it's not hard to just get the obi to match right back up when you put the game back after playing.

CONFESSION: I am an obi lover and will try to get games with them as frequently as possible, but I'm not gonna cry about missing them if I'm saving money over a copy without it.  For my birthday last year (maybe 2 years ago?) I bought myself minty copies of Cotton and Drac X with spine and reg cards and I paid about $150 for the pair I think. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

CrackTiger

If people like spine cards, that's cool, but to me PCE games look kinda fugly and unnatural with them on. Especially a bunch of spined games in a row.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

poponon

what's the point of collecting spine cards?

NecroPhile

What's the point of collecting TG-16 boxes?  Or cases and manuals even?  It's cool if you don't want 'em (I personally don't give a poop one way or the other), but the reason some peeps want them is pretty obvious.

ToyMachine78

I don't give two Fuchs if a game has a spine card. I can't believe so many of those things survived in the first place. When I was a kid, that shit would be going in the trash with the cellophane.

poponon

Quote from: guest on 03/10/2015, 06:06 PMWhat's the point of collecting TG-16 boxes?  Or cases and manuals even?  It's cool if you don't want 'em (I personally don't give a poop one way or the other), but the reason some peeps want them is pretty obvious.
Manuals still contain some original artwork and story that pertains to the actual game, understandable. Cases keep the game in a protective cover with original artwork.  spine cards ____ ??

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 03/10/2015, 06:27 PMI don't give two Fuchs if a game has a spine card. I can't believe so many of those things survived in the first place. When I was a kid, that shit would be going in the trash with the cellophane.
Fuchs? like in Fred Fuchs?
Gaming since 1985

SignOfZeta

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 03/10/2015, 04:50 PMI would need to see some pics to understand why PC Engine games, on a shelf, look less appealing without the spine card.  i guess my library of Turbo games looks like shit, then.
Well, yes, they look like weird Halloween decorations. That's got nothing to do with obi though, just that the "Turbo" alter ego of PCE was designed by blind men and idiots.
IMG

tknjin

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 03/10/2015, 03:25 PMI don't get it... 

/zps6l5dlebq.png

spine card description
Anesan
JPN:アクションゲーム2人同時プレイ可能。 伝説の一番紅い日。姉が姿を消したその日から、愛の新たな人生が始まった。親友とともにレディスを結成、全国制覇を目指し、今旅立つ
ENG: Action Game, 2 Player Compatibility.  The legend of the Crimson Day Bout.  Since the day her sister came missing, it began a new love for life.  These ladies joined together in order to aim for global domination. Now, their journey begins(may not be 100% accurate, but this is what I translated)

zpsq8wcjkur.png

spine card description
Gensou Tairiku Aurelia
JPN:五つの国を舞台に復讐の旅が始まる。戦乱の大陸オーレリアに安息の時をもとらす者は?
ENG:  The stage towards revenge for the five kingdoms has been set.Who will be the one to restore peace to the continent of Aurelia once more?

It is something about these spine cards that just really look nice.  Like with Anesan have the kanji for Ane on the bottom portion of the spinecard.  Aurelia doing both pink and lime green to compliment the colors from the back of the cd case to the front brings character.  BTW, Aurelia is a fantastic CDrom2 RPG which looks damn near super CD status.  Ane san may not have been like a omg good game, but its got character and wanted to give examples of the cd rom games.  Also to the Lost Monkey you weren't busting balls, it was a good question.  Funny thing is I used to not be like this.  One day I just got fed up, and sold off my pc engine/saturn and other jp cd games in order to gain them back with their spine cards.  I think it is the fact that I love the pc engine, and it blew my mind when I bought it quite a few years ago now.  I wanted to get these games in the way they came, and its fantastic to see these games being preserved in the way they came.  That is my 2 sense

TL;DR

BigusSchmuck

I got mine in a lot for $90 about 3 years ago. I suggest if you want a good deal lots are the way to go. Or just get the psp version for cheap:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Castlevania-The-Dracula-X-Chronicles-New-Sony-PSP-Game-/311310063542?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item487b8697b6

esteban

I think that spine cards are interesting because they certainly are part of the original retail experience in Japan. It's fun and interesting to me, especially if I could read Japanese.

I don't feel the need to collect spine cards, but I would love to see them scanned and documented (as some folks have been doing).

pulstar

Personally, I think they're cool additions to the games (although the few I have end up inside the case/manual). I don't collect them and I certainly wouldn't pay more for a game just because it has the spine card...or the reg card for that matter.

On topic: I think I paid around $105 for mine posted around 3/4 months ago.
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

RyuHayabusa

I've got spine cards to a few of my games but I put them inside the manual or between the manual and plastic tabs on the inside of the case. They're cool to have but I certainly don't collect them nor would I pay extra for one.

seieienbu

When I wind up with a spine card I put it behind the rear insert under the CD case.  I'm not going to go out of my way to throw them away or anything but at the same time I don't really have much use for them so I just stuff them out of sight.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NecroPhile

Quote from: poponon on 03/10/2015, 06:47 PMManuals still contain some original artwork and story that pertains to the actual game, understandable. Cases keep the game in a protective cover with original artwork.  spine cards ____ ??
Look at tknjin's two examples and you'll see that some spine cards have rudimentary art (even if it's just the game logo) and a short game description.

poponon

Shoot,  I feel a little remorse for throwing out some spine cards now. Always just seemed like part of the packaging. I'll try to scan later ones and save them in the case if they fit