WTB Saturn Parodius...be sexy or not

Started by escarioth, 08/22/2015, 01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

escarioth

...well you never know until you  :-"

Saturn import games i'm looking for

-would prefer Parodius deluxe (found it)
-ze Sexy Parodius (found it)
-Elevator Action
-Gradius deluxe
-Salamander deluxe
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

BlueBMW

Is that the same as Gokujyo Parodius?

I thought there were three parodius saturn games...

Parodius Da!
Gokujyou Parodius
Sexy Parodius
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

escarioth

if i remeber correctly the jp and pal version contains both
-Parodius Da!
-Gokujyou Parodius

:wink:

ClodBusted

I've got all the Japanese Parodius games for PS1, but I'll never let them go.

Why would anyone play the inferior PAL versions with borders and 50Hz slowdown? Assuming they haven't been converted well to PAL, which was at least always the case with PS1 games, and I'm assuming the same goes for PAL Saturn games as well?

escarioth

....damn you have a point i totally forgot about that stupid 50hz slowdown  :-k
ok then ill switch to JP versions

Thank you ClodBusted  #-o

ClodBusted

I'm sorry. :/

You could give gamedigga68@gmail.com a try if desparate. I got that contact from Mike (http://www.arcade-gear.com/, based in Japan, I got my Parodius games from them) when I was searching for some Japanese PS3 accessory that they didn't had in stock.

I hadn't dealt with gamedigga68 yet, but he was very friendly and helpful when we exchanged e-mails.
And Mike from Arcade-gear is just awesome to deal with, so I'd put some trust in his recommendations.

Sending Mike an e-mail as well couldn't hurt, their prices were fair back then in 2013 when they still had their business running, and the condition of the games were unmatched, I don't know any better seller of used games than him. From what I can remember, the Saturn games were priced cheaper than the PS1 ports of Parodius.

escarioth

Quote from: guest on 08/22/2015, 02:56 PMI'm sorry. :/

You could give gamedigga68@gmail.com a try if desparate. I got that contact from Mike (http://www.arcade-gear.com/, based in Japan, I got my Parodius games from them) when I was searching for some Japanese PS3 accessory that they didn't had in stock.

I hadn't dealt with gamedigga68 yet, but he was very friendly and helpful when we exchanged e-mails.
And Mike from Arcade-gear is just awesome to deal with, so I'd put some trust in his recommendations.

Sending Mike an e-mail as well couldn't hurt, their prices were fair back then in 2013 when they still had their business running, and the condition of the games were unmatched, I don't know any better seller of used games than him. From what I can remember, the Saturn games were priced cheaper than the PS1 ports of Parodius.
oooh thank you i wasnt aware of that website :)
don't be sorry  :!: if you didnt warn me about the 50hz ... i would have been quite pissed when playing.  :-k ...and besides....  :mrgreen:
who needs english in a game like that.

i already found Parodius...only need to get ze sexy one  :oops:

ClodBusted

Thankfully the menus of most Parodius games are English even in the Japanese versions. Only Jikkiyou Oshaberi Parodius (I apologize for any typos) is a bit harder to figure out of I recall right, but there some trial and error or a FAQ should help you with the moon runes.

My better half found the coop 2-player mode of these games great (I think only Parodius Da! has no such coop).

Good luck on hunting down the missing games! I like Gokujo and Jikkiyou the most, while I think Sexy is a bit tougher to beat and more confusing in some situations. Good thing they can all be beaten even by unexperienced/unpatient players thanks to adjustable difficulty and unlimited continues, which helps keeping coop fun.

escarioth

I dont know what good saturn import to look at.
i guess ill have to check for elevator action too
and some others...too bad i can't change the topic title to a more specific one

ClodBusted

The 2nd revision of the Japanese Sega Rally supports the analog gamepad, so you might want to look out for it. If I'd get a Saturn someday, this particular version of that game would be on top of my want list.

escarioth

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2015, 10:33 AMThe 2nd revision of the Japanese Sega Rally supports the analog gamepad, so you might want to look out for it. If I'd get a Saturn someday, this particular version of that game would be on top of my want list.
i didnt try this one.
the only racing game i ever remember playing from sega was daytona USA on arcade, (if i exclude sonic R :mrgreen:)
i'm not much of a racing lover unless there's like rpg elements or stuff you can add to improove to the car.
I lose interest quite fast