DNWTB (Do not want to buy) fake Sapphire

Started by savageone, 08/22/2015, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savageone

Very happy to say I got the game, many thanks. O:)

I'm going to leave the thread open with similar titles for awhile in case you guys want to use it for raffle info or something.

HailingTheThings

I can make you one. 80min. CD-R burned at 52x okay?

IMG
IMG

CGQuarterly

Says he's not real picky, but requires the fake obi with his fake game.

BlueBMW

Are the repro sapphires really selling for that much?  I figured I had tanked the market tossing out some 400 discs a few years ago...  crazy.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NightWolve

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/22/2015, 10:52 PMI can make you one. 80min. CD-R burned at 52x okay?

IMG
Cool cat man! I'll raise ya with a favorite of my own.

IMG

Gredler

](*,)

has to be a troll

and, in case you all are not aware, all the repros are available here

NightWolve

Quote from: Gredler on 08/23/2015, 12:05 AM...in case you all are not aware, all the repros are available www.omgcatsinspace.com
Hey, awesome, I didn't know about that one! :)

HailingTheThings

Oh my. <3

IMG

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/22/2015, 11:35 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 08/22/2015, 10:52 PMI can make you one. 80min. CD-R burned at 52x okay?
Cool cat man! I'll raise ya with a favorite of my own.

IMG
Damn. :3
IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/22/2015, 11:29 PMAre the repro sapphires really selling for that much?  I figured I had tanked the market tossing out some 400 discs a few years ago...  crazy.
3 years ago when I posted that I was looking for one, I had one user respond - he asked for Dracula X in trade...

Apparently even the boots are being held onto with tight fists at this point...

PCEngineHell

Yeah seems that way. I think Keith is sending me one or something. If he forgets I am not going to sweat it at this point. I did not realize there was an actual demand for the thing.

geise

Quote from: BlueBMW on 08/22/2015, 11:29 PMAre the repro sapphires really selling for that much?  I figured I had tanked the market tossing out some 400 discs a few years ago...  crazy.
You forget, people are stupid.

Bardoly

It's an awesome game that, even with the repros which have been made, is still not very common.  I'm sure that there are far fewer copies 'out there' than there are Duo's, and with the retro video game scene getting more crowded by the day as new folks 'discover' this great system, more and more copies of this game will be desired.  I wouldn't think that the 'complete' Tobias repros would be that expensive this soon though.  I mean, he was still selling them for around $40-50 a year or 2 ago wasn't he?

Dicer

I'm all for owning originals, but paying this much for a reproduction....ummm er fake, never in my lifetime would that happen.

In the case of this game, it's not even near the best shooters on the system, and kinda meh outside the polys and crap, your money is spent better elsewhere. IMHO of course.

Find it via "other" methods and play some other classics.

Just my .02 on the matter.

No one should be feeding the Tobias machine.

ClodBusted

I wonder how many Sapphire owners actually own an Arcade card as well - either they play the game or they're just staring at it on the shelf.

CrackTiger

When the bootlegs were confirmed, the original dropped down to $200. Now collectards are treating the bootleg as a rare collectible. #-o
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

geise

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2015, 12:42 AMI wonder how many Sapphire owners actually own an Arcade card as well - either they play the game or they're just staring at it on the shelf.
I play my original on a regular basis.  I also have had it for the past 20 years.

NecroPhile

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/22/2015, 10:54 PMSays he's not real picky, but requires the fake obi with his fake game.
Heh.  I chuckled at that as well.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CGQuarterly

I have the disc-only "mis-print" repro, that BlueBMW was giving away stacks of a few years back.  Only reason that I have an Arcade Card.

NecroPhile

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/24/2015, 06:16 PMI have the disc-only "mis-print" repro, that BlueBMW was giving away stacks of a few years back.  Only reason that I have an Arcade Card.
Shit, man, you gotta get some Kabuki Itouryodan!

Teddy KGB

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/24/2015, 06:16 PMI have the disc-only "mis-print" repro, that BlueBMW was giving away stacks of a few years back.  Only reason that I have an Arcade Card.
Mind bringing it over next gtg?

CGQuarterly

Quote from: Teddy KGB on 08/24/2015, 09:24 PM
Mind bringing it over next gtg?
Sure.  Just remind me.

Opethian

teddy! how did you sneak in here? lol
IMG

Teddy KGB

Quote from: Opethian on 08/25/2015, 09:29 AMteddy! how did you sneak in here? lol
Ope! What's up pal?

Yeah wish I had more time for the multiple forum thing. ;)

GohanX

Hey Jim, you need one? I might still have a spare that Beemer gave me years ago.

BlueBMW

I am actually out of them now.  I had 400 now I have one copy left... hehe
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Teddy KGB

Quote from: JKM on 08/25/2015, 11:40 AMHey Jim, you need one? I might still have a spare that Beemer gave me years ago.
You are a saint, Yohan. I'll shoot ya a txt.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: guest on 08/24/2015, 12:42 AMI wonder how many Sapphire owners actually own an Arcade card as well - either they play the game or they're just staring at it on the shelf.
I play it. I don't own any other hardware card except the Arcade Duo, though so far just for Sapphire.

I got my bootleg copy for free. They're not entirely worthless, as they're pressed, but paying $175 for one? That's unfathomable.

wilykat

How crappy a fake disc does anyone need?  For a couple dollars shipped, I can make CD-R of Sapphire that works fine in my Duo-R.  Older Duo and CD system may need laser adjustment to read CD-R

TBH CD-R isn't good for Duo-R either :/

CrackTiger

Quote from: wilykat on 08/26/2015, 05:50 PMHow crappy a fake disc does anyone need?  For a couple dollars shipped, I can make CD-R of Sapphire that works fine in my Duo-R.  Older Duo and CD system may need laser adjustment to read CD-R

TBH CD-R isn't good for Duo-R either :/
TBH neither are factory pressed discs or not running your PCE CD-ROM at all.

All that really matters is investment returns playing games.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

savageone

lol love you guys but give a me a break will ya?

man i really regret not getting a real copy when it was around $100 sigh... i *wish* this post was meant to troll. lol

look at the asking prices (note asking) for a real copy i cant afford that. i just want to play the game without missing a car payment.

sure i could make a cdr but i guess i just want to go a step higher... soooo im gonna go for the fake one. and yeah i want the fake obi that came with it. if im gonna have to pay a decent chunk of change i might as well make sure i get the whole fake package. ive always heard its well made if anything.

and it looks like its not uncommon to own the fake here. strange how no one is like "oh god ive been waiting sooo long for someone anyone willing to take this piece of fake crap" though ya know? jaja

esteban

Quote from: savageone on 08/27/2015, 05:15 AMlol love you guys but give a me a break will ya?

man i really regret not getting a real copy when it was around $100 sigh... i *wish* this post was meant to troll. lol

look at the asking prices (note asking) for a real copy i cant afford that. i just want to play the game without missing a car payment.

sure i could make a cdr but i guess i just want to go a step higher... soooo im gonna go for the fake one. and yeah i want the fake obi that came with it. if im gonna have to pay a decent chunk of change i might as well make sure i get the whole fake package. ive always heard its well made if anything.

and it looks like its not uncommon to own the fake here. strange how no one is like "oh god ive been waiting sooo long for someone anyone willing to take this piece of fake crap" though ya know? jaja
Comrade.

That is all.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: savageone on 08/27/2015, 05:15 AMlol love you guys but give a me a break will ya?

I bought both fake versions to document the differences and make guide to tell the fakes from the real deal. I'm not interested in releasing them to people who will flip them for the kind of money you are willing to pay.

NecroPhile

Quote from: savageone on 08/27/2015, 05:15 AMand it looks like its not uncommon to own the fake here.
True, but an awful lot of members have just a loose disc from BMW (some with Sparky's inserts); the full boat version that you insist on having is much less common.

VenomMacbeth

I would hold out for a loosie, get my post count up & get some Sparky inserts. It'll look just as good and you're far more likely to find someone willing to part with the disc.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

savageone

when i bought my arcade card it was primarily for the impressive snk ports, strider of course, and sapphire.

unfortunately i slowly acquired the other games first and the price for sapphire went bonkers...

i suppose i am offering a high price for the fake. ive been mostly lurking on various forums (ng, dp, pcfx, sega16, nesworld, dlord, other places long since shut down, etc etc) for over 15 years now, i dont think anyone is gonna jump to give someone who is not well known a great deal or anything so thats why im offering that much. im not really trying to be supportive of the constant jacking that has plagued many communities for the last 7-10 years per se, it is just what i feel a little old lurker like me is probably gonna have to pay. if i create an ad i want to give myself a good chance of actually getting what i want. i guess that is the price of preferring to read and not getting too involved in the drama :cry:

any ways i am not familiar with a sapphire disc made by bmw? is it a cdr? ill definitely try to search and see what i find on that so I can see if that would suit me.

this is carrying on though isnt it... if anyone wants to give a fair deal im all for that O:) maybe someone will see this and understand where i stand and toss me the fake at a good price, who knows?

esteban

Quote from: savageone on 08/28/2015, 04:12 AMwhen i bought my arcade card it was primarily for the impressive snk ports, strider of course, and sapphire.

unfortunately i slowly acquired the other games first and the price for sapphire went bonkers...

i suppose i am offering a high price for the fake. ive been mostly lurking on various forums (ng, dp, pcfx, sega16, nesworld, dlord, other places long since shut down, etc etc) for over 15 years now, i dont think anyone is gonna jump to give someone who is not well known a great deal or anything so thats why im offering that much. im not really trying to be supportive of the constant jacking that has plagued many communities for the last 7-10 years per se, it is just what i feel a little old lurker like me is probably gonna have to pay. if i create an ad i want to give myself a good chance of actually getting what i want. i guess that is the price of preferring to read and not getting too involved in the drama :cry:

any ways i am not familiar with a sapphire disc made by bmw? is it a cdr? ill definitely try to search and see what i find on that so I can see if that would suit me.

this is carrying on though isnt it... if anyone wants to give a fair deal im all for that O:) maybe someone will see this and understand where i stand and toss me the fake at a good price, who knows?
I think that, unfortunately, you are in a no-win situation.

Or, perhaps, it can be improved, but currently you have managed to annoy everyone.

I don't intend to make you feel bad, but if you think about it, there were much safer ways for you to:
(1) remind us who you are
(2) show us that you can participate in discussions
(3) read some of the recent threads so you don't KICK A HORNET'S NEST by posting a  "WTB bootleg Sapphire" after a hiatus of ___years. :)
(4) Who are you?

NecroPhile

Quote from: savageone on 08/28/2015, 04:12 AMany ways i am not familiar with a sapphire disc made by bmw? is it a cdr? ill definitely try to search and see what i find on that so I can see if that would suit me.
They were made by Tobias and are real pressed discs; the labels are a bit off, but they're functionally identical to his complete versions.

BlueBMW

Story behind the discs I handed out (two three years ago now?)

Tobias was selling the bootlegs on his site.  This was before all the new drama (but after the sapphire drama)  I had emailed him asking about maybe doing a group buy deal on the sapphire bootlegs since there was a lot of interest in the game and people wanted to get it.  He came back with an offer to sell me his extra loose discs that had misprinted labels.  I bought 500 discs from him for I think $242 shipped if I remember right.  They were loose pressed discs wrapped in plastic.  (I've got a pic somewhere)  They had incorrect coloring on the label as they were kind of a purple and cyan instead of a black / blue or whatever.  But they worked in original hardware just fine.  As such I gave them away to whoever wanted them.  I traded one sealed spindle of 100 discs to a friend who was into wierd historical game stuff like that.

So there should be 300 - 400 loose copies floating around these forums somewhere hehe

GohanX

I'm still going to give you a big sloppy kiss for that someday. In the most heterosexual way possible, of course.

savageone

Quote from: esteban on 08/28/2015, 07:50 AMI think that, unfortunately, you are in a no-win situation.

Or, perhaps, it can be improved, but currently you have managed to annoy everyone.

I don't intend to make you feel bad, but if you think about it, there were much safer ways for you to:
(3) read some of the recent threads so you don't KICK A HORNET'S NEST by posting a  "WTB bootleg Sapphire" after a hiatus of ___years. :)
(4) Who are you?
well i did not think i was being annoying or anything, im gonna assume it is probably just my writing style coming off the wrong way if that is the case. i tend to write too damn much which probably makes it worse. lol i thought i was doing a fair job explaining anything that was questioned. the thread seems more calm now to me. i really hope that is not because i annoyed everyone away. lol

you did hit the nail on the head that while ive been around a long time im totally out of the loop for the recent years. there is actually a reason for this though, its one of those great medical things that like to kick you in the ass when you least expect. i doubt anyone here cares to hear my boohoo story though, it has made it soooo extremely difficult to keep up with the daily news let alone the current state of opinion on fake sapphire over at pcfx.

i thought it was okay to want to buy this game even if it has some drama surrounding it, its a bit unfair to be grilled over simply wanting to buy a game in my opinion, but ive tried to explain anything that was questioned without stepping on toes. if i rubbed anyone the wrong way when trying to explain why i want this game and such then i truly do apologize. that was not my intention what so ever.

ive never had any problems with trying to buy a game through any forum, really unexpected. :-s

esteban

Quote from: savageone on 08/29/2015, 05:08 AM
Quote from: esteban on 08/28/2015, 07:50 AMI think that, unfortunately, you are in a no-win situation.

(4) Who are you?
well i did not think i was being annoying or anything, im gonna assume it is probably just my writing style coming off the wrong way if that is the case. i tend to write too damn much which probably makes it worse. lol i thought i was doing a fair job explaining anything that was questioned. the thread seems more calm now to me. i really hope that is not because i annoyed everyone away. lol

you did hit the nail on the head that while ive been around a long time im totally out of the loop for the recent years. there is actually a reason for this though, its one of those great medical things that like to kick you in the ass when you least expect. i doubt anyone here cares to hear my boohoo story though, it has made it soooo extremely difficult to keep up with the daily news let alone the current state of opinion on fake sapphire over at pcfx.

i thought it was okay to want to buy this game even if it has some drama surrounding it, its a bit unfair to be grilled over simply wanting to buy a game in my opinion, but ive tried to explain anything that was questioned without stepping on toes. if i rubbed anyone the wrong way when trying to explain why i want this game and such then i truly do apologize. that was not my intention what so ever.

ive never had any problems with trying to buy a game through any forum, really unexpected. :-s
Comrade, don't worry about the past. I have gone MIA for 6 months to years at a time.

Nobody is offended if you go MIA for 8 years.

The key thing is to rebuild relationship with current members.

I bet 95% of the folks who were in your "cohort" have disappeared a long, long time ago :)

Also, if you didn't know (but you should know), so-called "reproductions" (bootlegs) have been a particularly heated topic lately.

I thought you might be trolling, in fact, because we had been discussing the Sapphire bootleg in particular, and the interesting gentleman behind the bootleg (Tobias)...

Don't worry, you will be fine.

LMS

I'm pretty sure I have a couple of spare BlueBMW misprints. I'll have to climb up into a crawl space to double check but assuming they're still there, I'm more than happy to pass them on for the price of shipping if folks are in need. I'm UK based.

LostFlunky

Quote from: LMS on 08/30/2015, 06:02 PMI'm pretty sure I have a couple of spare BlueBMW misprints. I'll have to climb up into a crawl space to double check but assuming they're still there, I'm more than happy to pass them on for the price of shipping if folks are in need. I'm UK based.
Please keep me in mind.

jtucci31

Quote from: LMS on 08/30/2015, 06:02 PMI'm pretty sure I have a couple of spare BlueBMW misprints. I'll have to climb up into a crawl space to double check but assuming they're still there, I'm more than happy to pass them on for the price of shipping if folks are in need. I'm UK based.
Me too :)

savageone

It is definitely of interest to me. If I'd known it existed before starting this thread I'd just as well tried seeking it out.

Definitely let me know what you find, it'd be a great help.

Regards

Small hoard of bmw discs in some mysterious crawl space. hah funny thought

esteban

UPDATE: Just a quick update. LMS wanted me to to you that the crawl space is jam-packed with canned foods, water-purification kits, first aid supplies, and duct tape. He knows the discs are somewhere, but he hasn't found the crate yet.

savageone

lol It's every Sapphire lovers ideal apocalypse hoard

LMS

I have traversed the crawl space... shuffling my way past the canned foods and first aid supplies, beyond the vintage taxidermy and just around the corner from the many boxes filled with covert surveillance photography of estaban, taken with my telephoto lens over the years. On completion of this truly epic voyage I was rewarded with sadly only TWO spare copies of the fabled 'Bootleg Ginga Fukei' (see attachment).

Like I said before, I'm happy to pass them on. Blue Beemer originally sent me a few extra's to pass on to some old friends from back in the day but as it turned out only one of them was interested. If you're unfamiliar with these, there's no case or manual or anything, just the misprinted glass mastered (silver) discs as can be seen in the attachment (yeah that's my massive middle digit, and yes of course you are most welcome).

The issue now is who to pass them on too. I'll give it a day or two for anyone else to register their interest below while I settle on a suitable strategy for selection. Currently I'm thinking maybe I'll go to a local cafe and start slapping stickers with individual user names onto the foreheads of random customers. The two 'participants' of this exercise that protest the violation of their personal space most prefusely will be awarded with a stern response of "Bootleg Ginga Fukei" shouted directly into their face. The forum member who's username graces their forehead during this exchange will in turn be awarded one of the two discs. If in the meantime anyone else wishes to contribute alternative ideas for a selection process then please do chime in and let me know, I'm certainly open to suggestions. However, those that involve shouting at strangers are likely to be considered somewhat more favourably.

Many thanks and warm regards.

sapphire.jpg

Otaking

Middle finger made me do a lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Gredler

Quote from: LMS on 09/01/2015, 02:29 PMwhile I settle on a suitable strategy for selection.
It's obviously going require a real life bomberman setup, kinda like that bud light commercial (
) real life pacman setup. Except unlike the fake ghosts in that commercial, these bombs will be real, and the consequences will also be very real. I will not be participating, wish the best to the competitors, and am off to go post in the thread about the best CD-R's to buy.