PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

WTB: Dracula X

Started by stinkoman, 10/27/2015, 02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkoman

looking for a copy of dracula x. Doesn't have to be complete but prefer to have the case and manual.

tbone3969

Good luck finding one.  It's a great game.  I need the spine card.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

CGQuarterly

Quote from: tbone3969 on 10/27/2015, 03:34 PMI need the spine card.
How much are you offering?  Maybe my copy has one tucked in the manual.  I wouldn't know.

Bernie

I gave my spine to this away.  I give all my spines away...

stinkoman

I really don't want to deal with ebay and there prices but i'm guessing that's what its looking like anymore for this game.

Bernie

If you hold on, I will be getting the Japanese Dracula X extras from Tobias soon.  It will be repro, but cheaper than eBay for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Bernie on 10/27/2015, 05:20 PMI gave my spine to this away.  I give all my spines away...
I throw all my spine cards away.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 10/29/2015, 04:51 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 10/27/2015, 05:20 PMI gave my spine to this away.  I give all my spines away...
I throw all my spine cards away.
What for?  I just tuck mine either in the manual or behind the CD tray.  I don't care about spine cards, but I also don't see any reason to throw them in the garbage.

Bernie

Yeah, I dont throw them away either.  I know some people collect them, so I save them for those folks.

toktogul

dont throw your spines ;) its going for almost 100$ on Yahoo auctions

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b176012274

That being said, the minimum price you will find nowaday for a copy of that game will be around 150$, and thats if you are looking to import it from Japan. Good luck friend.

stinkoman

I'm ok I guess paying $150 for it .  My big issue is I wanted this game forever and a
Seems like it stayed between $75-$125 for the last 10 years and now it's shot up in the last few months. I will probably get the repro to hold me over

CGQuarterly

Honestly, if this nearly-free repro had already been available from Bernie, I wouldn't have bothered buying it.  Since I already have it, I'll keep it, but otherwise if you just want to play the game then a pressed bootie is just as good as the real thing.

o.pwuaioc

Sarcasm really doesn't travel well over the internet!

CrackTiger

Quote from: toktogul on 10/29/2015, 08:26 PMdont throw your spines ;) its going for almost 100$ on Yahoo auctions

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b176012274

That being said, the minimum price you will find nowaday for a copy of that game will be around 150$, and thats if you are looking to import it from Japan. Good luck friend.
That hasn't sold.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

geise

Just be patient and find a cheaper copy.  You should be able to get a complete copy for $100 or less.  Also fuck that pce memories shit, even if it is almost free.

GohanX

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 10/30/2015, 12:07 AMHonestly, if this nearly-free repro had already been available from Bernie, I wouldn't have bothered buying it.  Since I already have it, I'll keep it, but otherwise if you just want to play the game then a pressed bootie is just as good as the real thing.
I know what I'm asking for next time you want to trade for something.

Trenton_net

This is just my humble opinion, but lets be fair: $100~$150 isn't that much, considering the pce collecting world has titles that go for $400-$600 and were printed in considerably less numbers. I wouldn't worry about Dracula X and just pick it up for the asking (it is an awesome game after all!). But if you still wanted to get a better deal waiting won't hurt. They're still going to be plenty for sale and around for years to come.

If your asking about some more obscure Japanese titles however, that may be a different story.

geise

Quote from: Trenton_net on 10/30/2015, 10:26 AMBut if you still wanted to get a better deal waiting won't hurt. They're still going to be plenty for sale and around for years to come.
Which is why the price some people are paying is ridiculous.  $100 should be average.  This game regardless of popularity is common as hell.  It's like paying $60 for a loose SNES Turtles in Time.  So many available and never selling at the bin or amazon prices.

Bernie

Quote from: geise on 10/30/2015, 09:07 AMJust be patient and find a cheaper copy.  You should be able to get a complete copy for $100 or less.  Also fuck that pce memories shit, even if it is almost free.
Be nice.  :)

CrackTiger

Keep in kind that the current Turbob Xpress Drac X disc that's available is the fan made mix of the PSP official translation and fan translation. If you're interested in playing the original version, you'll have to use one of the many alternatives.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

BigusSchmuck

If you are the patient type, you can get it in a lot for a good price. That's what I did with my copy anyway..

Liquid Snake

I have an extra dracula x disc (english) boot from tobias.........
My happy meal box is empty~~~

Play-Asia

Bernie

Quote from: Liquid Snake on 10/31/2015, 11:05 AMI have an extra dracula x disc (english) boot from tobias.........
So do I....  :)

Liquid Snake

Quote from: Bernie on 10/31/2015, 11:33 AM
Quote from: Liquid Snake on 10/31/2015, 11:05 AMI have an extra dracula x disc (english) boot from tobias.........
So do I....  :)

If he just wants to play dracula x on Duo, then repro is okay
At least he can try it out (better than ROM) before he actually spend $$ on real thing.
My happy meal box is empty~~~

Play-Asia

toktogul

Like many, I have been watching this game for a long time. I bought my copy 3 years ago for 50$ at a local store, and eversince it kept going up in price drastically. I managed to buy 2 copies for members of this forum for around 70-80$ last year, but I am afraid that those prices are coming back anytime soon. The main issue is, while there is a lot of copies, those who own the game dont really want to part with it. Its one of the best game ever made. On yahoo auction and amazon, sellers are now very aware of the huge demand of the US market, and the fact that you dont need premium membership anymore to bid over 5000 yens on yahoo auction opens it to the world. If 150$ is too much or borderline, either buy it soon, or get a repro. The prices just keep going up, not the other way around. RIght now there isnt even an auction on yahoo auction for it.

stinkoman

Thanks for all the replies. My biggest issue for me is I am a die hard castlevania fan and collector. It has a been a game I been lusting over for a long time like most. So with all that it one of the few games I want to have an actual copy of. I did PM about a repro from Bernie and that might curve my desire for it, but I have yet to see a copy for $150 lately.

toktogul

Quote from: stinkoman on 11/02/2015, 09:25 PMThanks for all the replies. My biggest issue for me is I am a die hard castlevania fan and collector. It has a been a game I been lusting over for a long time like most. So with all that it one of the few games I want to have an actual copy of. I did PM about a repro from Bernie and that might curve my desire for it, but I have yet to see a copy for $150 lately.
Well if you are interested, there is a copy on yahoo auction going for about 15 000 yens right now, which is about 125$ us. let me know if you want me to bid for ya

Bernie

Quote from: stinkoman on 11/02/2015, 09:25 PMThanks for all the replies. My biggest issue for me is I am a die hard castlevania fan and collector. It has a been a game I been lusting over for a long time like most. So with all that it one of the few games I want to have an actual copy of. I did PM about a repro from Bernie and that might curve my desire for it, but I have yet to see a copy for $150 lately.
Also, in our next batch, we are actually getting a spindle of the Japanese Dracula X. 
If a repro would suffice, I'd say get one of those, and have braap create a manual/insert for you.

geise

Again for some people that want the JP Dracula X, the repros are not a 1:1 copy.  They have the new intro and some other stuff.  However the repros are dirt cheap.  If you just want to play a non cdr disc it's not a bad way to play.

Bernie

Quote from: geise on 11/03/2015, 12:29 PMAgain for some people that want the JP Dracula X, the repros are not a 1:1 copy.  They have the new intro and some other stuff.  However the repros are dirt cheap.  If you just want to play a non cdr disc it's not a bad way to play.
Not so.  He did two versions.  The original Japanese and the translation .  We get the original in a couple weeks. 

geise

Quote from: Bernie on 11/03/2015, 02:56 PM
Quote from: geise on 11/03/2015, 12:29 PMAgain for some people that want the JP Dracula X, the repros are not a 1:1 copy.  They have the new intro and some other stuff.  However the repros are dirt cheap.  If you just want to play a non cdr disc it's not a bad way to play.
Not so.  He did two versions.  The original Japanese and the translation .  We get the original in a couple weeks. 

Well shit. You do learn something new every day. I guess Tobias covered all his bases.

stinkoman

Toktogul I would be interested but don't those things tac on aditonal charges for there service?

toktogul

Quote from: stinkoman on 11/05/2015, 09:47 PMToktogul I would be interested but don't those things tac on aditonal charges for there service?
usually yes, but I this is castlevania we are talking about, I am not gonna charge a dime extra to a member. I am a pc engine fan, and I am also a castle vania collector. I got lucky to be able to get mine for 55$ in a local store where I live in Japan 2-3 years ago. Seeing the prices now on Ebay, I feel very lucky that I was able to get it for that price. Eversince, I helped 3 members of this forum get their hand on a copy of Castlevania dracula X for around 75-85$. I am part responsible now for ``penury``, so if I can help someone get a good deal on it, I am not gonna charge extra over it. As long as you are ready to pay as soon as the auction is over, I am not gonna charge you extra.

The only thing I am asking you is to not resell it for profit. If you ever want to get rid of it, please sell it back here to another member, and if possible for about the same price you paid. I am guessing the price will go up, but please don`t use me as a way of making profit. You are still new on the forum, but I am ready to thrust you and help you. Pay it forward with games you wanna trade or sell here, we are like a family, share the love of PC engine. oBEY.

that being said, PM me, and ill bid on the game for you.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: toktogul on 11/06/2015, 12:16 AM
Quote from: stinkoman on 11/05/2015, 09:47 PMToktogul I would be interested but don't those things tac on aditonal charges for there service?
usually yes, but I this is castlevania we are talking about, I am not gonna charge a dime extra to a member. I am a pc engine fan, and I am also a castle vania collector. I got lucky to be able to get mine for 55$ in a local store where I live in Japan 2-3 years ago. Seeing the prices now on Ebay, I feel very lucky that I was able to get it for that price. Eversince, I helped 3 members of this forum get their hand on a copy of Castlevania dracula X for around 75-85$. I am part responsible now for ``penury``, so if I can help someone get a good deal on it, I am not gonna charge extra over it. As long as you are ready to pay as soon as the auction is over, I am not gonna charge you extra.

The only thing I am asking you is to not resell it for profit. If you ever want to get rid of it, please sell it back here to another member, and if possible for about the same price you paid. I am guessing the price will go up, but please don`t use me as a way of making profit. You are still new on the forum, but I am ready to thrust you and help you. Pay it forward with games you wanna trade or sell here, we are like a family, share the love of PC engine. oBEY.

that being said, PM me, and ill bid on the game for you.
VERY cool!!!
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

stinkoman

Toktogul I sent you a PM but not sure if it went through as it shows nothing in my sent folder