No input

Started by stinkoman, 11/01/2015, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkoman

So I recieved a Japanese PC engine duo. My issue is I can not get any input on the TV. The seller I bought it from said it was recently recapped tested and works. He has over 100 positive feed back from the site I bought it from and tested it right before shipping. I push the run button the light comes on, discs spins but the tv never changes and it's on the right setting as far as I can tell. Giving him the benefit of the doubt and it doesn't need recapped anything I'm doing wrong? I am trying it on newer tv' or is it that the caps might been damaged during shipping?

thesteve

i would guess the tv doesnt play well with 240p sources
more info on how its connected would be helpful

stinkoman

Not very good with technical terms but it's the red,yellow and white composite? Cables hooked directly to the tv and trying to use that input source

thesteve

ever seen one outrigt refuse that input
is it blank, or does it say no input?

GohanX

Also, is it a hdtv?

stinkoman

To be clear it's the basic cables that Come with a duo. All stock and not moded.

The first TV was not HD the others where. When I power it on It's not a blank screen that might happen say if you had a Nintendo cart and no images shows up. The tv never changes when I turn it on . But like said the disc will spin when I power it up and push run.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

thesteve

that sounds like a most likely bad cable
were it not running it wouldnt respond to run

Keith Courage

If this is a black DUO then you can also check by plugging in a pair of headphones to see if you get any sound. If you get sound then more than likely the AV cable is bad as thesteve suggested.

I have however come across a few rare examples of some DUOs with a bad trace/short in the composite video output before which can be fixed, but this is rarely the case.

thesteve

i have as well, but only directly after work

stinkoman

So I tried this on 4 tv's and had no luck. I gave it to my brother to try and he took it to a retro game store and it worked right away for him. Guy at the game store seems to think I might not had everything plugged in all the way. I'll try it Tommorrow when I have it back.  I feel pretty certain I've had everything plugged in tight though :/ and yes it is a black duo.

NecroPhile

Make sure you wiggle the plug at the system.  Those DIN connectors like to crack solder and lose connection to the pcb.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!