10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

WTB: Nexzr PC Engine

Started by Retrogamer, 04/03/2016, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retrogamer

Looking for a VG+ copy with spine
depending on condition willing to pay up to $300
Please PM me with any offers.
Thanks
George

esteban

Quote from: Retrogamer on 04/03/2016, 06:09 PMLooking for a VG+ copy with spine
depending on condition willing to pay up to $300
Please PM me with any offers.
Thanks
George
Comrade, don't pay that much for this game.

It's a great game, but not $300.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Retrogamer

Ive been waiting for a nice copy to show up for a while, one guy on eBay has one and I asked him if he was willing to reduce the price and he did not reply to my message, but he raised the price by 100$ the game market is really starting to disgust me.

esteban

Quote from: Retrogamer on 04/03/2016, 07:10 PMIve been waiting for a nice copy to show up for a while, one guy on eBay has one and I asked him if he was willing to reduce the price and he did not reply to my message, but he raised the price by 100$ the game market is really starting to disgust me.
F@ck that seller.

Personally, I would put him on a list of folks you would not do business with.

A better opportunity will appear.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

WoodyXP

Man.. looks like somebody released the hounds on Nexzr.  A couple years ago you could get it for $120-$150.. now you can't even find Summer Carnival '93 for that much.
"I bathe in AES carts."

EmperorIng

I am just here to gloat that on a fluke bid I just won a copy of Summer Carnival without the manual for $35.00.

For once, getting a game for a price it feels like it's worth (might be wrong).

I'm sure you know this, but your only chances are auctions, Yahoo Japan, or a kind soul here.

CrackTiger

Still sells for $200 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=nexzr&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

But I guess your spine isn't complete without the superfluous stuff.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

WoodyXP

Am I the only one who prefers Summer Carnival to the original?
Quote from: EmperorIng on 04/03/2016, 08:51 PMI am just here to gloat that on a fluke bid I just won a copy of Summer Carnival without the manual for $35.00.

For once, getting a game for a price it feels like it's worth (might be wrong).

I'm sure you know this, but your only chances are auctions, Yahoo Japan, or a kind soul here.
That's a steal.  I may be in the minority, but I prefer SC to the original.  No cutscenes in original mode, and carnival mode FTW.
"I bathe in AES carts."

Retrogamer

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2016, 09:16 PMStill sells for $200 on eBay:
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nexzr
wayback2019.ebay.com/?_nkw=nexzr
Yeah I'm kind of picky :/

exodus

A year and a half ago in Japan I found two summer carnivals for $60 each, and didn't buy them. I remembered a time when it was even cheaper and thought, "Psh, I'll just buy it somewhere else for less, later."

Now I am just an idiot who does not own nexzr.

bob

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2016, 09:16 PMStill sells for $200 on eBay:
ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=nexzr
Cant play it if it aint complete.

Opethian

I must admit when I was in the hunt for this game 7 years ago it was very hard to find even the with a spine card and people were asking a premium for it at that time ($120-150)
For some reason this game is hard to find with a spine card intact and not sunffaded
IMG