10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Reserved

Started by bob, 12/27/2016, 02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

this spot is reserved for "you-know-who" to post nothing but a URL to "break" the news about Carrie Fisher.

Medic_wheat

A few shitty statements to make on these type of threads.

1). Since when did it become a "thing" to blame a year to the cause and deaths of celebrities?

2). Why do people feel the need to create specific threads for every celebrity who passes?  One might say it's part of the grieving process. Here is a counter point to that. Are you really just creating and commenting on a thread in regards to a persons death because it is a social norm to do so?

Let's do this. One thread and you can update the death of the day and year. Time even if more then one celebrity died the same day.

Plus you can enjoy what ever form of media the celebrity was best known for and spend a week to a month for your grieving process.  Feel free to post your deepest thoughts in same thread.

Do we have a deal internet?

Medic_wheat

[/quote]
No deal.

Also: stay out of Otaking's thread.[/quote]
Dang.

SignOfZeta

I don't have an opinion either way when it comes to what to do with a thread but I do think posting about every dead celebrity, even ones who's concerts you've never been too, who's records you never bought, etc is lame in the first degree.. If you don't care about them (hint: you probably don't) then to do something else.

I had network news shoved onto me for a few minutes today and I was just great to see scumbag hacks using possibly their last chance to mention the drug problems and whatnot of certainly recently deceased FPs they've been mercilously hounding for decades. That's clearly the negative side of rubber necking, but they aren't the only ones. Some are compelled to head to Wikipedia and study up on a celebrity they haven't pay attention to in 15 years if ever and then run to make some facile thread about them on EVERY SINGLE WEB FORUM as well as Facebook and Twitter.

Recently Slate decided to do a week about Stevie Wonder precisely because he wasn't dead yet. I think it was a good idea. Got me listening to Music of My Mind with my kid and that's a good thing. Also, his XMas record, of course.
IMG

Dicer

EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE SOMEDAY...

780racer

Quote from: Dicer on 12/27/2016, 08:54 PM
EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIE SOMEDAY...
This offends me. #offended

Medic_wheat

What is you are the highlander? 

And you are already the last one?

Because there can be only one.

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 12/27/2016, 07:33 PMRecently Slate decided to do a week about Stevie Wonder precisely because he wasn't dead yet. I think it was a good idea. Got me listening to Music of My Mind with my kid and that's a good thing. Also, his XMas record, of course.
I love all the 70's stuff, especially.

Ok, obviously I'm a sucker for 80's, too.

Isn't he lovely?

SRSLY love the glory that emanate from those records.

And I'm not religious.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SignOfZeta

He's a genius if there ever was one. I have that one 80s record with the big hits on it, can't remember the name. It's lousy with dated 80s production to the point where it's hard for me to enjoy. All the other stuff I have is older than that, although not always a 1st print (fancy audiophile pressings and whatever).  Incredible work. Without equal.
IMG