PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Fighting Street

Started by BonkThis, 10/24/2006, 10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonkThis

I finally got my collection to my new house. I moved in a year ago haha.

I was checking out my titles of which I own fighting street and I noticed that it looks diff then some of the versions people posted in the section about peoples collections.

Does anyone know anything about the diff versions, one more rare then the other.
maybe cause some are pc engine some are turbo cd?

IMG

fighting_street_front.jpg

esteban

Quote from: "BonkThis"... maybe cause some are pc engine some are turbo cd?
Precisely. The bottom image is for the TG-CD version.

www.pcecp.com is a great place to do research on titles from any / all regions.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Whats amazing about Fighting Street, is that they actually used the original cover art on the Turbo CD version... unlike Monster Lair...
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: guestWhats amazing about Fighting Street, is that they actually used the original cover art on the Turbo CD version... unlike Monster Lair...
(tangent alert)
Bloody Wolf is like that too. There's still a slight difference though, on the US cover you can't see the tank.
JPN
BloodyWolfJP.jpg

USA
BloodyWolfUS.jpg

Heh another thing I notice, USA puts their titles on top of the box, Japan puts its in the middle.

CrackTiger

Don't tempt me man, I don't have much time to post...

Off the top off my head-

Parasol Stars
Cadash
Magical Chase
Ys I & II -same cover as versions other than pce
Dragon Slayer

Is it just me, or was TTI trying hard to drive home the Zelda rip-off message with it's Neutopia II cover?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Dark Fact

Fighting Street...otherwise known as Street Fighter.  :roll:

Man, that coverart just soooo reeks of 80's man! :D  Check out the full head of hair on Ryu! And he's a redhead to boot! :shock:
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Odonadon

Quote from: Dark Fact on 11/06/2006, 11:26 PMFighting Street...otherwise known as Street Fighter.  :roll:

Man, that coverart just soooo reeks of 80's man! :D  Check out the full head of hair on Ryu! And he's a redhead to boot! :shock:
Not to mention the Patrick Swayze-ish facial features :)  Ryu looks anything but Japanese in Street Fighter.

OD

Dark Fact

So how many tries did it take you guys to beat Sagat? Must've put in $100 worth of quarter effort if you know what I mean. :wink:
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Odonadon

Quote from: Dark Fact on 11/10/2006, 12:28 AMSo how many tries did it take you guys to beat Sagat? Must've put in $100 worth of quarter effort if you know what I mean. :wink:
Maybe $100 worth if I was playing with nickels or dimes :)  Frustration is a synonym for Fighting Street :)

OD

CrackTiger

I beat him within a few matches the first time I found a Street Fighter arcade in another city(I had once tried it years earlier, before the Turbo-CD version and SFII) after playing the Turbo-CD version.

It was hard since the giant buttons were pretty much worn out, but I believe that I just out hadukened him.

This was at the height of SFII fever and everyone ese at the arcade was play one of the three versions of SFII, while I was the only one I saw during the week we spent there who even tried SF one.

Odonadon

Quote from: guest on 11/13/2006, 05:31 PMI beat him within a few matches the first time I found a Street Fighter arcade in another city(I had once tried it years earlier, before the Turbo-CD version and SFII) after playing the Turbo-CD version.
It was hard since the giant buttons were pretty much worn out, but I believe that I just out hadukened him.
This was at the height of SFII fever and everyone ese at the arcade was play 1 of the 3 versions of SFII, while I was the only one I saw during the week we spent there who even tried SF one.
Quote from: guest on 11/13/2006, 05:31 PM...but I believe that I just out hadukened him.
LOL!  That would make a great sig :)

OD

_Paul

Quote from: Odonadon on 11/06/2006, 11:33 PMNot to mention the Patrick Swayze-ish facial features :) 
Hmm, I don't quite see it.

/swayzeuh2.jpg

Keranu

Quote from: guest
Quote from: Odonadon on 11/06/2006, 11:33 PMNot to mention the Patrick Swayze-ish facial features :)
/swayzeuh2.jpg
Hahaha! That image edit is great, I immediately saved it!  :lol:
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

That is indeed pretty funny.  Looks goofy at first, but upon closer inspection you can see that it was done pretty darn well.  Good job!

Now all you need to do is create a giant 400dpi copy of the same thing so we can print it out and use it as our Fighting Street box cover!  I couldn't wait to show that to all of my friends just to see what they'd say.

CrackTiger

TR0N

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He was every where wasn't in he in video games.

Still i wounder how he got the cover for, Fatal Fury road house any one?

IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Keranu

I love that Fatal Fury cover!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Odonadon

Quote from: guest on 11/16/2006, 05:49 PM
It's actually pretty close - you'll need to find a pic of Swayze not smiling though :)  It would have been great if Ryu had that little Swayze smirk :)

OD

Keranu

It took me awhile to see it, but I get it.  =D>
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: Tron on 11/16/2006, 10:47 PM:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

/swayzestreetsofrageki8.jpg

Keranu

Quote from: guest
Quote from: Tron on 11/16/2006, 10:47 PM:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
/swayzestreetsofrageki8.jpg
Hahaha, I haven't seen that cover before! What a great cover!  =D>
IMG

Joe Redifer

That's the US cover as well, Swayze included.

Dark Fact

fighting_swayze.jpg
Now that's an 80's Betamax video movie cover if I ever saw one...distributed by Orion films. :wink:

I was kidding in that above line by the way.  Don't go scouring mom 'n' pop video stores across the nation trying to find a Patrick Swayze movie that doesn't exist. :wink:

Tatsujin

haha..that's just hilarious :lol: great!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Odonadon

That's awesome - now all that's needed is a better Swayze face for Ryu :)

This should do:

swayze_swayze_1.jpg

OD

Dark Fact

He almost looks like Richard Dean Anderson in that pic. :shock: