10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The Richard 'The Complete PC Engine Guide Book' Gibbs Interview:

Started by JAPJAC, 01/08/2018, 12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAPJAC

After a quarter of a century, seen for the very first time in colour, the iconic, a one of a kind, the actual original:

"Richard Gibbs PCE Guide Cover"
Richard-Gibbs-PCE-GuideCover.jpg

Pure gold.

Print is forever.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers.

IMG
Credit: This exclusive scan of a TTi flyer passed around in Chicago 1992 at the CES event was kindly donated by @Keith Courage.
sig-top.jpg
JAPJAC - "A leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one" © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.
sig-bot.jpg

esteban

I am so intrigued by this!

I would have loved to have had a resource, however flawed it might be, like this back in the early 90's.

Coverage of TG-16/PCE was so scant, even though I looked for it methodically at the magazine rack....

https://archives.tg-16.com/magazine_database.htm

I will revisit this PCE TOME later today and see if I have any questions not covered already.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JAPJAC

sig-top.jpg
JAPJAC - "A leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one" © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.
sig-bot.jpg

LMS

Yes JC, I'm massively looking forward to this.

Got no particular questions to contribute but massively appreciate your efforts mate.

RL

Vimtoman

Sounds like a great idea.

I bought his fanzine and traded games with Richard for many years.

Ask him does he still photocopy his face? He sent me an A4 photo copy once on a trade :)

pissed myself laughing when I opened up the package....

Koa Zo

JAPJAC

sig-top.jpg
sig-bot.jpg

JAPJAC

After a quarter of a century, seen for the very first time in colour, the iconic, a one of a kind, the actual original:

Pure gold.

Print is forever.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers.
sig-top.jpg
sig-bot.jpg

esteban

Quote from: JAPJAC on 01/18/2018, 09:12 AMAfter a quarter of a century, seen for the very first time in colour, the iconic, a one of a kind, the actual original:

Pure gold.

Print is forever.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers.
Damn, that is really nice.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

pixeljunkie

JAPJAC

sig-top.jpg
sig-bot.jpg

JAPJAC

sig-top.jpg
sig-bot.jpg

JAPJAC

sig-top.jpg
sig-bot.jpg

ClodBusted

Typical Japjac. Editing his posts once he gets cold feet.

Psycho Punch

DELETED.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

SignOfZeta

Delete? This ain't Facebook, flapjack.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

tell that to royfagass

RIP Gouging Much.

nvr4get
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Not because of mod action.  You've already deleted any "sensitive" content and you can lock the thread; that's all you get.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

undelete it through mod actions

and then LOCK IT DOWNNNNNNNN
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NightWolve

????

Dude is just weird... Starts a thread, then aborts by vandalizing it to shit with an ambiguous reason...

IMG

Took his above photo off Photobucket, what was the big deal ? Guy's trying to do a stunt to create intrigue for his hack endeavor ?? ...

JAPJAC

Admin EDIT:

IMG

And banned from the @ShmupJunkie YouTube channel (long story!), check his "SixMillionDollar rebuilt" profile, I witnessed it and wrote my recollections there as to why...

:(

Update: He evaded the ban and a returned with a new alt account:
https://twitter.com/realjapjac
sig-top.jpg
sig-bot.jpg

LostFlunky

Just to let you all know... my response to this thread is now in print and available at fine bookstores everywhere.

Ex_Mosquito