The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
IMG
Main Menu

Final Fantasy VI Advance

Started by CrackTiger, 02/09/2007, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

I've been playing FFVIA the last couple of days.

Kefka says "Son of a sandworm!" instead of "Son of a Submariner!"

And I pretty sure the guard smacks Celes at least once in the SNES version, but in this one he just kind of flinches her.

Like the first season's finale of Sailormoon when the fire girl yells at Sailormoon for being such a stupid wuss and then it cuts to Sailormoon holding the side of her face thats shaded red like she just got bitch slapped.  :P
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 02/09/2007, 09:15 PMLike the first season's finale of Sailormoon when the fire girl yells at Sailormoon for being such a stupid wuss and then it cuts to Sailormoon holding the side of her face thats shaded red like she just got bitch slapped.  :P
You got some balls, man :D .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

OldRover

Oh no...moonies on board. :-({|=
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Keranu

Hey a moonie is way cooler than a Dragon Baller.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

termis

Quote from: Keranu on 02/10/2007, 02:57 AMHey a moonie is way cooler than a Dragon Baller.
Must admit I loved Dragon Ball as a kid - the manga, anyway (for clarification: this was in Korea, where DB was huge before it got big in the states).  But the anime sucks cause it draaaaags.

But even for the manga, I tried reading it now as an adult not so long ago, and I thought, "Damn this stuff is childish!"

CrackTiger

I was fishing for more of a backlash.  :lol:

I only watched parts of the occasional episode when it aired on YTV years ago.  :wink: It seemed like a decent straight forward show at the time. Like a Zenki for girls.

I couldn't name any of the characters or anything. But I know just enough to appreciate just how nerdy some people can be. But from what little I know of it, its a hell of a lot better than most of the anime that airs today.

That particular episode I mentioned, -I stopped on it for a minute while flicking through channels and lucked out to catch that hilariously censored scene.

I heard from nerds once that a hermaphodite and it's lesbo girlfriend join the team in later seasons and that two of the other planet girls decide that being gay is cool and decide to lez out.

My friend had a japanese exchange student stay with him who had her family mail her japanese TV on VHS tapes. She explained how on the season she was watching, Sailormoon's future daughter travels back in time and tries to seduce her uncle and her own father, even though she's like 7 years old. And the little girl and the rest of them apparently fly out of a pond naked during the intro.

I always thought that it was so funny that they'd try to bring a show like that over here. I'd love to be in on one those localization meetings.  :P As far as I know, Dragon Ball didn't have anything risque like that.

Oh yeah, the female exchange student was also a big Cutey Honey fan. How screwed up are japanese girls?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

elnino

FF VI is the best game ever made! I love this one to no end! There are plenty of lol quotes in there like Sabin's "He could be my friend, if he weren't my enemy".  :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

grahf

I would buy this, if I wasnt already halfway through the SNES version. I remember paying $70 for a copy when it first came out, but unfortunaly that one was broken.
Actually physically broken. My SNES at the time was completly smashed apart (dont ask). The circuit board that I called a SNES was sitting in a drawer with FFVI plugged in. My mom closed the drawer and the games PCB actually broke off right in the snes. Try as i might, i didnt have the ability to rig it back together at the time. I just finally bought another copy about 6 months ago. If i hadnt, I would have the GBA copy.

CrackTiger

Quote from: grahf on 02/10/2007, 11:24 AMI would buy this, if I wasnt already halfway through the SNES version. I remember paying $70 for a copy when it first came out, but unfortunaly that one was broken.
Actually physically broken. My SNES at the time was completly smashed apart (dont ask). The circuit board that I called a SNES was sitting in a drawer with FFVI plugged in. My mom closed the drawer and the games PCB actually broke off right in the snes. Try as i might, i didnt have the ability to rig it back together at the time. I just finally bought another copy about 6 months ago. If i hadnt, I would have the GBA copy.
I believe that the SNES version as well as Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star IV were anout $130 Canadian in my home town.  :roll:

Dark Fact

I haven't played Final Fantasy VI advance at all but I played Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy III) on the SNES a LOT back in the day.  It was the second most played Final Fantasy game in my life.

I saw a few preview movies of the game in action for the Game Boy Advance and there looked to be a few slowdown issues during battles and the music has been remixed.  I've heard Kefka's remixed theme and I thought it sounded terrible! :evil: Nice going, Square-Enix!
Quote from: CrackTigerKefka says "Son of a sandworm!" instead of "Son of a Submariner!"
Yet they still kept "I Garland, will knock you all down!" in Final Fantasy I and "You Spoony Bard!" in Final Fantasy IV.  Well, it still sounds funny. :lol:  To tell you the truth, I always thought of Namor the Sub Mariner whenever Kefka said that line and kept wondering: Namor has a son? :-k
QuoteLike the first season's finale of Sailormoon when the fire girl yells at Sailormoon for being such a stupid wuss and then it cuts to Sailormoon holding the side of her face thats shaded red like she just got bitch slapped.  Razz
That wasn't really the season finale.  The season finale was when all the Sailor Scouts fought against Queen Beryl in the North Pole.  The fire girl was named Sailor Mars and yes, the scene with her slapping Sailor Moon was cut out.  Although, you could tell that Sailor Mars did slap Sailor Moon because the after scene showed the redness of her cheek and her clutching it. :wink:
QuoteI only watched parts of the occasional episode when it aired on YTV years ago. :wink: It seemed like a decent straight forward show at the time. Like a Zenki for girls.
At the time, Sailor Moon was one of if not the most watched show on YTV.  The ratings for that show were enormous to the point where YTV actually went to DiC headquarters (the american producers of the show) and paid them to finish the rest of the second season.  The show in Canada was met with tremendous success whereas in the U.S, it flopped miserably due to affiliates sticking it in crack of dawn hours.  It wasn't until the show got on Cartoon Network in '98 that it achieved success in the U.S.  On YTV, the show was successful from the get go.  And you want to know what the funny thing was? Sailor Moon did what was considered an impossibility to the youth crowd at the time: draw in the male audience.  Yes, although it was a girl's superhero show, the male audience ate the show up like candy and weren't ashamed to admit it.  Hell, I had guys wearing leather jackets in high school openly admitting that they loved watching Sailor Moon.  You'd think they'd be afraid of being made fun of but they're not ashamed to admit it! Sailor Moon was that popular!
Quote from: NodtveidtOh no...moonies on board. :-({|=
And damn proud of it I might add! 8)
Quote from: grahfI would buy this, if I wasnt already halfway through the SNES version. I remember paying $70 for a copy when it first came out, but unfortunaly that one was broken.
Your mom is evil, Grahf!

God, now this talk just shifted to Sailor Moon.  I have to add that I just finished watching the opening to Jem on YouTube.  Yeah, I watched that show too. :P
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Dark Fact on 02/16/2007, 12:06 AMI haven't played Final Fantasy VI advance at all but I played Final Fantasy VI (Final Fantasy III) on the SNES a LOT back in the day.  It was the second most played Final Fantasy game in my life.

I saw a few preview movies of the game in action for the Game Boy Advance and there looked to be a few slowdown issues during battles and the music has been remixed.  I've heard Kefka's remixed theme and I thought it sounded terrible! :evil: Nice going, Square-Enix!
Quote from: Black_TigerKefka says "Son of a sandworm!" instead of "Son of a Submariner!"
Yet they still kept "I Garland, will knock you all down!" in Final Fantasy I and "You Spoony Bard!" in Final Fantasy IV.  Well, it still sounds funny. :lol:  To tell you the truth, I always thought of Namor the Sub Mariner whenever Kefka said that line and kept wondering: Namor has a son? :-k
QuoteLike the first season's finale of Sailormoon when the fire girl yells at Sailormoon for being such a stupid wuss and then it cuts to Sailormoon holding the side of her face thats shaded red like she just got bitch slapped.  Razz
That wasn't really the season finale.  The season finale was when all the Sailor Scouts fought against Queen Beryl in the North Pole.  The fire girl was named Sailor Mars and yes, the scene with her slapping Sailor Moon was cut out.  Although, you could tell that Sailor Mars did slap Sailor Moon because the after scene showed the redness of her cheek and her clutching it. :wink:
QuoteI only watched parts of the occasional episode when it aired on YTV years ago. :wink: It seemed like a decent straight forward show at the time. Like a Zenki for girls.
At the time, Sailor Moon was one of if not the most watched show on YTV.  The ratings for that show were enormous to the point where YTV actually went to DiC headquarters (the american producers of the show) and paid them to finish the rest of the second season.  The show in Canada was met with tremendous success whereas in the U.S, it flopped miserably due to affiliates sticking it in crack of dawn hours.  It wasn't until the show got on Cartoon Network in '98 that it achieved success in the U.S.  On YTV, the show was successful from the get go.  And you want to know what the funny thing was? Sailor Moon did what was considered an impossibility to the youth crowd at the time: draw in the male audience.  Yes, although it was a girl's superhero show, the male audience ate the show up like candy and weren't ashamed to admit it.  Hell, I had guys wearing leather jackets in high school openly admitting that they loved watching Sailor Moon.  You'd think they'd be afraid of being made fun of but they're not ashamed to admit it! Sailor Moon was that popular!
Quote from: NodtveidtOh no...moonies on board. :-({|=
And damn proud of it I might add! 8)
Quote from: grahfI would buy this, if I wasnt already halfway through the SNES version. I remember paying $70 for a copy when it first came out, but unfortunaly that one was broken.
Your mom is evil, Grahf!

God, now this talk just shifted to Sailor Moon.  I have to add that I just finished watching the opening to Jem on YouTube.  Yeah, I watched that show too. :P
I also took it as a dig at Marvel's Sub-Mariner back in the day.  :P

From what little I saw of Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon way back when, Sailor Moon seemed a lot better. I heard that they got the same english voice actors to dub some later dvd sets.

There's very little slowdown in FFVI GBA and it has zero effect on the gameplay. The music I've heard so far isn't remixed, but most instruments sound a little different since its a port. There's a run button like the PSX version and you run even faster with the Sprint Shoes. Unlike the PSX version though, there isn't any awful loading. I certainly don't miss the ugly CGI cinemas either.

Back in the day I got finishing FFIII SNES down to a day and a half of semi-regular play.

Digi.k

I can't wait for this to hit the UK.. FFVI (aka FFIII) is the only RPG (let alone any other FF game) that actually made me shed a tear during a few scenes.... 

Aeris Death in FFVII = meh..

Lockes past, Celes suiciding off a cliff..  :-({|=

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guestKefka says "Son of a sandworm!" instead of "Son of a Submariner!"
I am sick of censorship in games these days.  It is getting out of hand!  I mean here we are with games like Gears of War which have lots of cuss words and even blood, but "Submariner" gets cut because it is too offensive?  I guess it is pretty offensive but I think most people who would play this game are above 21 by now.  I don't know who to blame... George W. Bush or Hillary Clinton!

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/16/2007, 09:25 AMI don't know who to blame... George W. Bush or Hillary Clinton!
Blame both of those bastards.
IMG

CrackTiger

It'd be funny if a publisher buys the rights to some Working Designs games, ports them to PSP & DS and changes things to-

"Wanna know a secret? I just put on my pants, hehehe, comfy!"

"Look at all these supplies! They've got enough socks in here to last 50 years!"

"Amorphous sodium polyphospate, take me away!"

"The town rumour is that he lives an undesirable yet constitutionally protected alternative lifestyle."

Joe Redifer

Hell I'd love that just to see the reaction Vic Ireland would have.  It would surely make for an entertaining (and lengthy) article written by him.

Zeta-Gouki

lol, Sailor Moon better than DBZ?

Both were cliche'd anime, but sailor moon was so formulaic it was disgusting... bad guy come, bad guy almost beat sailor moon, tuxedo mask saves sailor moon, sailor moon uses special attack. Repeat this is in every episode for 20 years.

Yes, DBZ had this same formula, but it wasn't in an episode by episode basis, and the fights had substance and weren't simply using a single move to defeat their opponents.

QuoteHell, I had guys wearing leather jackets in high school openly admitting that they loved watching Sailor Moon.  You'd think they'd be afraid of being made fun of but they're not ashamed to admit it! Sailor Moon was that popular!
lol only in Canada  :shock:

GUTS

Haha Sailor Moon, hilarious.  I hear Care Bears was fucking DOPE too!

CrackTiger

Quote from: Zeta-Gouki on 02/16/2007, 04:25 PMlol, Sailor Moon better than DBZ?

Both were cliche'd anime, but sailor moon was so formulaic it was disgusting... bad guy come, bad guy almost beat sailor moon, tuxedo mask saves sailor moon, sailor moon uses special attack. Repeat this is in every episode for 20 years.

Yes, DBZ had this same formula, but it wasn't in an episode by episode basis, and the fights had substance and weren't simply using a single move to defeat their opponents.

QuoteHell, I had guys wearing leather jackets in high school openly admitting that they loved watching Sailor Moon.  You'd think they'd be afraid of being made fun of but they're not ashamed to admit it! Sailor Moon was that popular!
lol only in Canada  :shock:
Like I said, I have limited experience with both. But most of the DBZ footage I watched in japanese on laserdisc years ago consisted of one character knocking someone down, flexing his arms out while looking upward and screaming "gwam!" over and over again.

I'm sure that there's a lot more to Z and other seasons/series. I also don't like the art style of Dragon Ball(lots of backwards biceps), even though I can appreciate other Akira Toriyama work.

Seldane

Sailor Moon Rules
Dragon Ball Sucks

That's it. Period.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Kitsunexus

I have watched all the seasons of Sailor Moon and all the seasons of Dragon Ball Z, and I can safely say that if I were to buy a DVD box set, it would be of Sailor Moon, NOT Dragon Ball Z.

MOONIES UNITE!

IMG
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

TR0N

Meh i can't stand sailor moon give how times the main character whined in the show  :P

As for DBZ got a kick out it frist but then i got sick of it.

I mean realy a bad guy that's stronger then goku shows up.

Goku get's beat up so he trains to beat the bad guy then, it starts all over again.

Afther a while i got sick of seeing the same thing over and over again.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

guyjin

I remember Sailor Moon being on early in the morning on either TBS or USA very early in the morning. So Cartoon Network wasn't sailor moon's cable debut, just her not-in-the-wee-hours debut.

TR0N

Quote from: guyjin on 04/10/2007, 02:17 AMI remember Sailor Moon being on early in the morning on either TBS or USA very early in the morning. So Cartoon Network wasn't sailor moon's cable debut, just her not-in-the-wee-hours debut.
That's when i frist saw SM on TBS&USA befor CN got it.

Just another show, that got alot of buzz from fans watching it through fansubs i guess.

Then it get's showen here i didn't see what the big deal about it was.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Hobo Xiphas

This thread confuses me, what exactly is it about again?  :-k