RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Splatterhouse coming to VC!!!!

Started by MotoRoaderMike, 02/27/2007, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotoRoaderMike

Take a look at THIIIIIIIII-HIIIIS:

http://vc-pce.com/usa/e/index.html

I can hardly wait! In other news, Sega is adding "Sword of Vermilion" to their channel! This is great!
/forumsiggs6.jpg
Dragon's Lair appreciation. Again.

Joe Redifer

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!

*explodes*

TR0N

Yawnnnn can play it any time on my duo or in mame.

Wake me up when Splatterhouse 2&3 are emulated for the VC.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Seldane

Sword of Vermilion? Hahahaha!
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

MotoRoaderMike

/forumsiggs6.jpg

Seldane

It happens to be a horrible excuse for a game.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: Seldane on 02/28/2007, 11:16 AMIt happens to be a horrible excuse for a game.
And just why is that? Is it the battle system (which is actually awesome)?
/forumsiggs6.jpg

NecroPhile

Quote from: Seldane on 02/28/2007, 11:16 AMIt happens to be a horrible excuse for a game.
Not a great game, but it did have an interesting mix of gameplay (a little platforming, overhead, and first person action).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MotoRoaderMike

The game kicks ass. Plus I LOVE the battle system. It's great to have an RPG where the action/fight/battle sequences let you move around and have freedom of movement other than ones where you just have to sit there, and you have like a menu of commands which are completely frustrating, and the action you want to do doesn't always work, and you try to escape the battle, but you can't like "_____ attacked, but missed!" or "______ tried to run away, but couldn't!". It's a good that things like that aren't present in SOV, because those things usually turn me away from an RPG. There should be more RPGs with battle sequences like SOV.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

Joe Redifer

The same people who developed Sword of Vermilion also developed:

Shenmue 1 & 2
Out Run
Space Harrier
Virtua Fighter 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
Daytona USA
etc ect etc.

Sword of Vermilion is like taking all of those above games and combining their greatness into one game.  That's why it needed nearly limitless 5-mega power!

termis

Loved sword of Vermillion.  I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia, but I do recall having a good time with it. 

The hint book that it came with totally spoiled the game, though.

Seldane

I liked Sword of Vermilion ages ago. Tried it fairly recently. It was junk. I can't believe I actually enjoyed that crap! It was shocking. The game is SO bad!
IMG

Joe Redifer

The game itself is actually "OK" or maybe "not too bad" at best.  I liked it when it first came out.  The music is still awesome, though.

MotoRoaderMike

Quote from: thumpin_termis on 02/28/2007, 05:33 PMLoved sword of Vermillion.  I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia, but I do recall having a good time with it. 
Oh, it's not nostalgia. I'm sure of that. If it was just nostalgia, it wouldn't be on the VC, or in the Genesis collection for PS2 and PSP.
/forumsiggs6.jpg

GUTS

I liked Sword of Vermillion, it did get very repetitive later on though.  The bosses were damn cool, I remember the last boss was awesome.

_Paul

SOV music is better than a bacon and egg toastie on a Friday morning.

guyjin

I wonder if they'll rate it T, M or (unlikely) AO? regardless, it will probably be the 'highest' rating for a VC game so far.

I hope they don't sanitize it or some crap so they can give it an E.

Zeta-Gouki

Sword Of Vermillion kicks ass

Joe Redifer

Why would SoV get a "high" rating?  I don't remember anything 'naughty' about it.

Seldane

Probably talking about Splatterhouse. :wink:
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/02/2007, 01:22 AMWhy would SoV get a "high" rating?  I don't remember anything 'naughty' about it.
You must have missed the cut scene with the vicar, the pineapple and a large jar of mustard.

Joe Redifer

LOL I knew I should have followed that hint book!

Kitsunexus

It had better not be edited any further than it was released on the TG-16...  :x
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!