PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

NiGHTS sequel coming to Wii!

Started by Keranu, 03/28/2007, 08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keranu

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Zeta-Gouki

Kitsunexus

This isn't 90's Sonic Team though, this is MODERN-DAY Sonic Team. IE: Sonic 360, Shadow The Hedgehog, Sonic Heroes, I can go on and on...

If they somehow manage to NOT fuck this up, then we will be experiencing a MIRACLE.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Keranu

There is a big difference between a hugely popular mascot and a video game that hasn't gotten a sequel within a decade. When you have a character as popular as Sonic, it's easy to whore him out to make as much money as possible. I don't think this will be the case for NiGHTS, but we'll see.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

Yeah, this is definitely a "wait and see" game.  I wish we could have a version with some nice grafx though.  Wii's grafx are sooooo 2001.

Kitsunexus

Yeah, and I'd actually like to play with a gamepad. Let's hope it comes to 360 if it's good.

If it sucks, SEGA, FUCK YOU.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/28/2007, 10:13 PMYeah, this is definitely a "wait and see" game.  I wish we could have a version with some nice grafx though.  Wii's grafx are sooooo 2001.
If the graphics are anything like the Sonic game for Wii, I think they'll turn out nicely.
IMG

Joe Redifer

I hope the gameplay isn't anything like Sonic for the Wii or equivalent!

Kitsunexus

Ditto, that was a disapointment. I'm starting to see past the Wii's novelty...

Keranu

I thought Sonic for Wii was decent. The whole style to it was mega gay as usual, but compared to the previous recent Sonic games, it's a big improvement. I think the new control scheme for Sonic on Wii worked out quite well.

But this ain't Sonic, damn it, WE TALKIN' BOUT NiGHTS INTO DREAMZZZ HERE!
IMG

Kitsunexus

Yeah we're talking about a game that is very dear to me and holds my regards for SEGA in general in it's hands.

Let me reiterate: SEGA, DON'T FUCK THIS UP.

Keranu

IMG

Kitsunexus

Oh and while I'm thinking, June Senoue/Crush 40/Wavemaster, I love your music but stay the HELL away from NiGHTS 2. It just would NOT fit.

Hobo Xiphas

I think NiGHTS would be okay on the Wii, if it controls similar to the original.  All you did in the original was just move the control pad in circles anyways!

Keranu

Quote from: Xiphas on 03/28/2007, 11:49 PMI think NiGHTS would be okay on the Wii, if it controls similar to the original.  All you did in the original was just move the control pad in circles anyways!
Before this game was confirmed, a lot of people were saying how perfect the Wiimote would be for NiGHTS. Not that I wouldn't want to see NiGHTS on Wii, but I don't quite see what would make the Wiimote so special for NiGHTS since you just moved in circles like you said. I guess using the Wiimote as a pencil or something to sketch circles would be kinda cooler.
IMG

TR0N

Yeah i've seen that so called europe mag says it's official.

I hope it's real and not a april fools joke  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Quote from: that one guy with a tongue twisting nameOh and while I'm thinking, June Senoue/Crush 40/Wavemaster, I love your music but stay the HELL away from NiGHTS 2. It just would NOT fit.
I hope Rob Zombie does the music.  "Dragula" is in a lot of games already.  But it should be in EVERY game.  Whatever the case, I hope they license some music to put in there.  Licensed music is the way to go!  Look at EA games.  Ever notice how great EA is?  They would never dream of hiring a musician.  Even Sonic Wii tries to imitate licensed music by creating horrible, unlistenable music themselves.

Seldane

I hated the original Nights a lot (easily the worst Saturn game I've played) and I will never even give this game a chance.

What's the big deal? Why does everybody love Nights? Crazy!

Quote from: Tron on 03/29/2007, 02:00 AMYeah i've seen that so called europe mag says it's offiicial.
It's not a "so called" magazine. It's a real magazine, and the only one I actually read. It's free too, and can even be downloaded in PDF form from their website. This particular issue will be out april 10th, and you can download it then to see for yourself.

http://www.gamereactor.se/tidningen/pdf/
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/29/2007, 02:08 AM
Quote from: that one guy with a tongue twisting nameOh and while I'm thinking, June Senoue/Crush 40/Wavemaster, I love your music but stay the HELL away from NiGHTS 2. It just would NOT fit.
I hope Rob Zombie does the music.  "Dragula" is in a lot of games already.  But it should be in EVERY game.  Whatever the case, I hope they license some music to put in there.  Licensed music is the way to go!  Look at EA games.  Ever notice how great EA is?  They would never dream of hiring a musician.  Even Sonic Wii tries to imitate licensed music by creating horrible, unlistenable music themselves.
I sincerely hope you're kidding. The original's amazing score by Fumie Kunatami, Tomoko Sasaki and Naofumi Hataya was AMAZING (My favorite track in the entire game: http://gh.ffshrine.org/song/627/14).

Here's hoping THEY do the soundtrack again.

And Seldane, man, go back to troll school...

_Paul

Quote from: Seldane on 03/29/2007, 09:34 AMI hated the original Nights a lot (easily the worst Saturn game I've played) and I will never even give this game a chance.

You've been around long enough to realise that your opinion is the complete opposite of 90% of the gaming population so I don't know why this surprises you.

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 03/29/2007, 12:37 PM
Quote from: Seldane on 03/29/2007, 09:34 AMI hated the original Nights a lot (easily the worst Saturn game I've played) and I will never even give this game a chance.

You've been around long enough to realise that your opinion is the complete opposite of 90% of the gaming population so I don't know why this surprises you.
:mrgreen:
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Seldane on 03/29/2007, 09:34 AM
Quote from: Tron on 03/29/2007, 02:00 AMYeah i've seen that so called europe mag says it's offiicial.
It's not a "so called" magazine. It's a real magazine, and the only one I actually read. It's free too, and can even be downloaded in PDF form from their website. This particular issue will be out april 10th, and you can download it then to see for yourself.

http://www.gamereactor.se/tidningen/pdf/
Oh i'm not doubting that the magazine is real just the info for Nights.

For matter why u.s mags didn't even know about it.

I also wounder why, Sega them self's never made a official statement... about making a sequel to Nights.
IMG

Kitsunexus

I was under the impression SEGA HAS confirmed it...

And umm... Yuji Naka isn't working on it... that just makes me want to scream FUCK IT.

TR0N

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 03/29/2007, 10:45 PMI was under the impression SEGA HAS confirmed it...

And umm... Yuji Naka isn't working on it... that just makes me want to scream FUCK IT.
Yeah, Yuji Naka isn't with Sonic Team any more so that would be a cause for concern.

Best of luck to sega trying to do it but it's wait and see for me.
IMG

Keranu

I don't think it's too big of a deal that Yuji Naka isn't on the team, he designed the first one and that's all the inspiration another team is going to need to make a sequel. Also I don't know what kind of stuff Yuji Naka has done lately, I hope he wasn't incharge of any of the modern Sonic games.
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Quote from: Keranu on 03/29/2007, 11:04 PMI don't think it's too big of a deal that Yuji Naka isn't on the team, he designed the first one and that's all the inspiration another team is going to need to make a sequel.
I know you've played a Sonic game recently, and the same principle applies here.

I'm not too optimistic about this NiGHTS sequel being any good.

Keranu

But once again, I think NiGHTS has a much better chance of getting a good game since it has not gotten any sequels before and is not whored out like Sonic is. Also a NiGHTS sequel would definitely be targeted more toward a "hardcore gaming base", rather than Sonic which is designed for money and kids. Of course I think it could easily be screwed over too, but I wouldn't compare it to recent Sonic games.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Wha makes you think that because a game hasn't had a sequel, that it won't be whored out? What about all those whored-out retro remake games that suck, like Sinistar Unleashed? Sinistar was a great game, never had a sequel. Then they made the shit Sinistar Unleashed.

So I don't think you thought your cunning plan all the way through.

NecroPhile

Keranu's correct: NiGHTS has a better chance (not a guarantee) of being good since it will be the first sequel.  I don't think that NiGHTS will sell well simply because it is NiGHTS, unlike Mario or Sonic.  NiGHTS is not that well known with younger gamers and more casual gamers, so Sega will need solid game play to attract a wide audience.  Of course, Sega can intend to do a quality sequel, but intentions and reality don't always coincide.

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 03/30/2007, 11:10 AMWha makes you think that because a game hasn't had a sequel, that it won't be whored out? What about all those whored-out retro remake games that suck, like Sinistar Unleashed? Sinistar was a great game, never had a sequel. Then they made the shit Sinistar Unleashed.

Sinistar Unleashed has fancy updated 3d graphics with faithful action, sound, and story.  It's buggy, but it ain't 'shit'.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 03/30/2007, 11:10 AMWha makes you think that because a game hasn't had a sequel, that it won't be whored out? What about all those whored-out retro remake games that suck, like Sinistar Unleashed? Sinistar was a great game, never had a sequel. Then they made the shit Sinistar Unleashed.

What Necromancer said :) . If it's good or not, I know you are excited about this deep in your tiny little heart, Kitsunexus :) .
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Keranu on 03/30/2007, 02:04 PM

What Necromancer said :) . If it's good or not, I know you are excited about this deep in your tiny little heart, Kitsunexus :) .
Excited...and scared.

Keranu

The only thing to be scared of is your furry fetish.  8)
IMG

Kitsunexus

I don't drag it out as much people do though...

Keranu

A Brazilian magazine supposedly has the first screenshots of the game! http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14397
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: Keranu on 03/31/2007, 02:04 AMA Brazilian magazine supposedly has the first screenshots of the game! http://www.gamebrink.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14397
I was looking at those shots eariler.

Man other, mags in other countrys have the news and the pics but u.s mags do not!?
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Tron on 03/31/2007, 02:17 AMMan other, mags in other countrys have the news and the pics but u.s mags do not!?
I know, what the heck. America rules the world, it should've got them before everyone else.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Especially considering U.S. was like the main country who appreciated NiGHTS, much like Metal Gear Solid...

Hobo Xiphas

Comparing those two games in the same sentence is very bad taste, I think.

Keranu

How about NiGHTS and Space Shuttle Project?

Err, I guess it's not fair to have the best game ever made (Space Shuttle Project) in the same sentence as any other game. :)
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Xiphas on 03/31/2007, 03:14 PMComparing those two games in the same sentence is very bad taste, I think.
HOLY CRAP NEW NIGHTS 2 RENDERS!

/441121587_8a20108dbd_o.jpg

Turbo D

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 03/31/2007, 04:25 PM
Quote from: Xiphas on 03/31/2007, 03:14 PMComparing those two games in the same sentence is very bad taste, I think.
HOLY CRAP NEW NIGHTS 2 RENDERS!
/441121587_8a20108dbd_o.jpg
LMFAO  :lol:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

CrackTiger

C'mon, nIght$ isn't that bad is it?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Kitsunexus

It's driving me insane, the more I read and see of this game (and revisit the old one) the more I think it's going to be the greatest game ever, at the same time I'm almost near;y choking myself to keep a grip on the reality that it's being made by the director of "Shadow The Hedgehog" and that this game has a HIGH probability of being dog shit and crushing my memories.

Yeah I guess I'm going emo for NiGHTS. :roll: :lol:

There's also the realization that the first NiGHTS was AMAZING, and that in all honesty, no matter how good the sequel can be, it will probably never be AS good. :(

Let's hope they include the first game on a second disc. And no matter what anyone says, I don't think NiGHTS has aged that badly, sure it looks crappy in screenshots, but running on a REAL Saturn, it still looks great.

Keranu

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 04/01/2007, 05:34 PMIt's driving me insane, the more I read and see of this game (and revisit the old one) the more I think it's going to be the greatest game ever, at the same time I'm almost near;y choking myself to keep a grip on the reality that it's being made by the director of "Shadow The Hedgehog" and that this game has a HIGH probability of being dog shit and crushing my memories.
This isn't Shadow the Hedgehog, this is NiGHTS. This is geared at a completely different audience and isn't based off a huge gaming icon :) . I wouldn't be so worried about it, it's just a video game ;) .
IMG

Kitsunexus

But, to me, it is:

1. Memories of a better time in my life
2. A fantasy world that resonates with me profundly
3. A legacy of gaming that deserves respect, both as a milestone (the first game to use the analog stick (suck it Mario!), and a game that was arguably responsible for most of the Saturn's sales).

So to me, it's more than a game, and it's something to be worried about the success of.

Joe Redifer

What if, due to this new Wii version, it becomes super-crazy-popular and then gets sequel after sequel including many spinoffs (like an Olympic game with Mario, etc)?

Turbo D

Then it would be totally gay.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Quote from: Kitsunexus on 04/01/2007, 08:22 PMBut, to me, it is:

1. Memories of a better time in my life
2. A fantasy world that resonates with me profundly
3. A legacy of gaming that deserves respect, both as a milestone (the first game to use the analog stick (suck it Mario!), and a game that was arguably responsible for most of the Saturn's sales).

So to me, it's more than a game, and it's something to be worried about the success of.
Well since this game already exists, you have nothing to worry about :D . If NiGHTS 2 sucks, so what? You still have the original to play that can relive all your fond memories.

Quote from: JoeWhat if, due to this new Wii version, it becomes super-crazy-popular and then gets sequel after sequel including many spinoffs (like an Olympic game with Mario, etc)?
Then it has a 98.3% chance of sucking.
IMG

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/01/2007, 08:37 PMWhat if, due to this new Wii version, it becomes super-crazy-popular and then gets sequel after sequel including many spinoffs (like an Olympic game with Mario, etc)?
Then I'd be out for blood.

Keranu

More NiGHTS information . Looks like it's going to be called NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams and confirmed for a winter Wii release. I think Journey of Dreams is a pretty decent title name for a sequel, though maybe a little cheesy.
IMG