@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

SGX demo now on SCD

Started by TurboXray, 04/14/2007, 08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurboXray

I ported the projects to SCD for those who don't have a flash card. The demos require Super Systemcard 3.0. Have fun :wink:

first demo

second demo

IMG IMG
IMG IMG

-Rich

Edit: Updated the iso files to be more cdrwin friendly. (thanks PD)

Turbo D

Cool demos dude, keep up the good work  :D.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

peperocket

Hey rich !
Thank for your work.
Is this demo a project part or just a demo ??
Vive la Supergrafx !!!

nat

Who did the sprites and tiles on demo2?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

TurboXray

Hey Pepe. Yeah, the demos are the previous ones I had. The another project I was working on led to the need of a boot loader for assembled CD projects with MagicKit that didn't use the included library and such (startup.asm) which before was really difficult. So behind the scenes, this is a demo of that boot loader and working example of a non standard magickit project (custom libs) for CD.

Quote from: nat on 04/15/2007, 03:36 PMWho did the sprites and tiles on demo2?
I ripped them from the snes game and did a quick/dirty conversion.

Btw, there are two warning screens for each CD (even if you don't own an SGX). :wink:

Joe Redifer

Are they AWESOME warning screens, with interlacing and whatnot?

nat

you should have enhanced the demos to load faster when used with the Arcade Card.  :roll:
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

TurboXray

Quote from: nat on 04/16/2007, 08:01 PMyou should have enhanced the demos to load faster when used with the Arcade Card.  :roll:
Next time, nat. Next time  :wink: (maybe)

QuoteAre they AWESOME warning screens, with interlacing and whatnot?
Something even better  :P

Joe Redifer

OK I'll download, but if I waste a couple of CDs then these demos had better make me lose control of my bowels.  Shouldn't be hard since that happens all the time anyway.  :)

Joe Redifer

OK that was pretty boring unless you put in the original System Card.  Too bad there couldn't have been a 3rd screen for the Arcade Card, but I doubt the Turbo can tell the difference between the Super System Card and the Arcade Card since they both say "System 3.0".  The Arcade Card should be System 4.0, but I guess they screwed up when making it.

Keranu

They really wimped out by adding the Super System Card 3.0 screen on the Arcade Cards.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

ccovell

Joe, the answer is Mednafen.  It can play PCE ISOs (CUE sheet needed) without forcing you to resort to burning CSs.

nat

Quote from: ccovell on 04/20/2007, 10:26 PMJoe, the answer is Mednafen.  It can play PCE ISOs (CUE sheet needed) without forcing you to resort to burning CSs.
Or CDs, even.

TurboXray

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/20/2007, 09:07 PMOK that was pretty boring unless you put in the original System Card.
You mean the SGX warning screens (not the c.20 warning screen) or the SGX demos themselves? And yeah, mednafen comes in many OS flavors including MAC OS ;)

Joe Redifer

I cannot run the SuperGrafx demos since only 10 people on the entire planet even have that console (I am not one of them).  Yeah, the System 3.0 warning screens were boring.  The 2.0 warning screen was much better.

I found the mednafen home page, but they don't have anywhere to download it.  I checked under the "Releases" part of the site and nothing was clickable for Mac OS X.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/21/2007, 12:44 AMI cannot run the SuperGrafx demos since only 10 people on the entire planet even have that console (I am not one of them).  Yeah, the System 3.0 warning screens were boring.  The 2.0 warning screen was much better.
I hope you are referring to the good old American Turbo Grafx 16 CD version  8) . Yeah, that one did look a lot cooler.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

Yeah, I believe that is System 2.0.  System 1.0 is the card which can only run All-Turd Beast and has a negative amount of RAM (-16k) instead of 64k.

2X4

I thought magic engine could run supergrafx games, but I got the warning screens instead.  I used system card 3.0 FEKA . . . WTF?
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Joe Redifer

Well apparently Magic Engine doesn't emulate very well from the sounds of your post (and to believe they actually charge for that BS).  I'll stick with the real thing.

OldRover

Magic Engine does NOT properly emulate the SGX. It only provides enough emulation accuracy to support the official games developed for the platform, it does not properly emulate the machine as a whole.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II