Telegames Ltd selling all PC Engine stock

Started by Telegames, 08/27/2007, 12:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telegames

Hi

We are Telegames Ltd (www.telegames.co.uk), a U.K. company trading in the Video Games
business for 30 years and are now selling all stock.

This includes a considerable amount of PC Engine consoles, games
and accessories, we conservatively estimate it's retail value to
be more than £100,000 (British Pounds).

Briefly we have over 30 consoles, over 2500 games and about 100
joysticks.

If anyone is interested in this stock and would like to speak to
us about trade prices please contact pete@telegames.co.uk

Please note our preference is to sell all stock in one go.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Pete - Telegames Ltd

bust3dstr8

These are all new/sealed games right?  49.99 GBP for AfterBurner for example.
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

juggernaut

Damn... Nice stock but VERY expensive  :roll:

SpaceRunaway

Alt-Nintega

They aren't worth the time. Even ebay is less expensive.

rag-time4

Did anyone else notice that telegames has JPN>USA HuCard converters for about $50 US?

Quite a nice deal considering the prices i've seen them selling for...

http://www.telegames.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=7922

Their prices for games are pretty terrible though.

Turbo D

ya, its a good deal. I've seen those on ebay uk for around that price though. Its the mirai adapter made by telegames, I believe that it was the last adapter made  :-k It works great. Tzd had been selling them for double or triple that, haha.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

kid_rondeau

To ask a potentially stupid question:
I see on some of their PC-Engine CD stock, they have "[USA]" printed after the game's title. Does this actually mean they have new, US Duo copies of games like Godzilla, Cotton, and Might and Magic III???

Or does it just mean they have the Japanese versions with translated manuals? Or some other version?

I mean, this would be a good (although expensive...) way to fill out my collection.

Has anyone ordered from them before? What's the shipping time to the US?

rag-time4

Quote from: kid_rondeau on 09/01/2007, 10:05 AMTo ask a potentially stupid question:
I see on some of their PC-Engine CD stock, they have "[USA]" printed after the game's title. Does this actually mean they have new, US Duo copies of games like Godzilla, Cotton, and Might and Magic III???

Or does it just mean they have the Japanese versions with translated manuals? Or some other version?

I mean, this would be a good (although expensive...) way to fill out my collection.

Has anyone ordered from them before? What's the shipping time to the US?
I've never bought from them before, but have you tried e-mailing them your questions directly?

That's probably the best way to go.

kid_rondeau

Yeah, I wrote them, but in the 24 hours since then no reply. I'm so impatient... ](*,)

MrFulci

Yes, ti is a good idea to e-mail Telegames UK prior to purchasing from them.

I had an experience earlier this year, where I noticed Beyond Shadowgate for sale on telegames.co.uk. I figured, though the price is steep, it is a "New" copy. Used ones usually sell for close to that price. It seemed like an alright deal and I purchase the item.

A few days later, I contact them as I have not received a shipping e-mail, etc (I forget what prompted the e-mail. Probably time passing). I was told that they could not locate the item in the warehouse, and that if I like I could give them another week to locate the item. I decide to do so.

After a week, I e-mail them and mention that if it has not turned up yet, to refund my money.

During those 7-10 days, currency exchange had shifted, so I was short a few dollars.

In general, ask before purchasing. Either their price list is not up to date, or their TG-16 stuff is a bit unorganized in their warehouse.

NOTE TO TELEGAMES:

If you return to this thread, a sugestion for your remaining stock is to auction it on ebay. You don't have to list all items individually, you could auction 5 Duo-R's at a time, all your stock of a particular game title, etc. Set reserves if needed, or start the auction bidding at the minimum $ you are looking to obtain for that auction

Considering certain prices on games have dropped over the years, and how many new video game systems are offering games of this sort for download and such, I'm not certain who would pay nearly $200,000.00 for remaining stock that may be difficult to sell.

Good luck, and check into ebay!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Mortis

Zeta-Gouki

They've had the same stock FOREVER because no one is stupid enough to pay those insane prices they demand...

Telegames has been around as long as I can remember.

Keranu

Totally. I've seen their site selling games for the same insanely high prices for like the past four years or so.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nat

The Telegames I remember had a US branch. I'm not sure if the two companies were related, but the US branch disappeared a number of years ago.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Ceti Alpha

Did anyone else notice that telegames has JPN>USA HuCard converters for about $50 US?

That's 60 GBP.  :cry: That's just over $120.00 Canadian or American - now that the Canadian dollar is at par with the American dollar.  8)  That's not outrageous considering what they go for on eBay, but not a super deal either. The price of the games are right retarded wha? (hehe. felt the urge to bring out the Nova Scotian accent.  :P) Seriously though, those are steep prices.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rag-time4

Quote from: ceti alpha on 09/26/2007, 02:37 PMDid anyone else notice that telegames has JPN>USA HuCard converters for about $50 US?

That's 60 GBP.  :cry: That's just over $120.00 Canadian or American - now that the Canadian dollar is at par with the American dollar.  8)  That's not outrageous considering what they go for on eBay, but not a super deal either. The price of the games are right retarded wha? (hehe. felt the urge to bring out the Nova Scotian accent.  :P) Seriously though, those are steep prices. 
When this thread first started, they had PC Engine Converters for 25 GBP

MrFulci

Nat,

Telegames, located in USA, closed about 3 years ago. I can't recall who told me, though it may be true, that Direct4Games acquired Telegames.com's orphaned systems stuff.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Ceti Alpha

QuoteWhen this thread first started, they had PC Engine Converters for 25 GBP
Wow!!! That is cheap!   :shock:

Weird that they would sell those for cheap and try and sell the games for uber high prices.  [-X

As for the converters I think I'll just stick with the region mod. Not much more expensive and I don't have to worry about the damn thing breaking or trying to fiddle with it to make it work.  :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"