PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Advance Wars - Days of Ruin

Started by MissaFX, 01/31/2008, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissaFX

Well lately I have been putting a lot of hours into the new advance wars title.  Yesterday when I was showing it to a friend we realized that you can play up to a 4 player game on 1 DS.  It really reminds me of those old DOS turn based games where you would take turns sitting at the computer.  The people who programmed this title also put in a grey screen to cover up the gameplay when you change players, so that the person before does not see any troop placements of the person that comes after them.  It also hides the income each person has so you only see your income on your turn.

I do wish the COs were not part of the game though, I would like it more as a straight up war sim.

I have done just over 24 missions so far and I must say the difficulty of the levels seems a lot more balanced than the last DS advance wars.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

Dark Fact

I have yet to play Advance Wars myself.  I like these kinds of strategy games.  They kind remind me of the old Langrisser series for the Saturn and PSX. :)
homepage2.nifty.com/tkdate/ysmusic/screen/graphic/Win_CP_THE_LAST.jpg
Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

SignOfZeta

Yeah, the GBA games had that "pass it along" multiplayer stuff, which I personally think is totally great. You could play with four players linked via cable, but IMO its just a waste of batteries since with it being a turn based game, three people are going to just be sitting there doing nothing all the time.
IMG

Ceti Alpha

I watched the trailer for this game and it looks awesome. I could see myself getting very addicted to it.   :mrgreen:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"