@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Best Disney game

Started by guyjin, 02/16/2008, 02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best games licenced by the house of mouse

Adventures in the magic kingdom(nes)
Chip 'n Dale: rescue rangers/2(nes)
Darkwing duck(nes)
DuckTales/2(nes)
The Little Mermaid(nes)
Mickey Mousecapade(nes)
Talespin(nes)
Castle of Illusion starring mickey mouse(sms/gen)
Aladdin(gen)
Fantasia(gen)
The great circus mystery(gen)
Marsupilami(gen)
Mickey mania(gen)
Mickey's ultimate challenge(gen)
Quackshot(gen)
Talespin(gen)
World of illusion(gen)
Aladdin(snes)
Beauty and the beast(snes)
Bonkers(snes)
daffy duck: marvin missions(snes)
Goof troop(snes)
Great circus mystery(snes)
jungle book(snes)
the magical quest starring mickey(snes)
mickey mania(snes)
mickey's ultimate challenge(snes)
Darkwing duck(TG16)
Talespin(TG16)
something I forgot!

guyjin

Disney games. Some are classic, some are crap... this poll is here to sort them out!

you get to vote for 3.

SignOfZeta

I voted "Castle of Illusion starring mickey mouse(sms/gen)", although you can leave the "sms" off that.
IMG

runinruder

Aladdin for Gen and the Illusions.  Duck Tales was an almost.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Kitsunexus

Tarzan for PS1. Aladdin for SNES was great too, but I forgot to vote for it.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

guyjin

edited the poll 'cuz I forgot a lot of the SNES games. though most of you won't vote for 'em anyway.  :oops:

Seldane

Duck Tales. One of the few Capcom games that isn't crap.

Also voted for The Jungle Book SNES. Pretty good game.
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

NecroPhile

My votes go to Castle of Illusion and Duck Tales, but you left out my third pick: Tron - Deadly Discs.  If I could pick a fourth title, I'd pick another MIA title: Kingdom Hearts.

Sorry to be so critical, but Daffy Duck is a Warner Bros. license and you missed a ton of games (i.e. - Mickey's Racing Adventure, Mickey's Speedway USA, Disney's Magical Mirror, The Lion King, Maui Mallard, Toy Story, Pinocchio, and all the GameBoy titles).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

guyjin

dammit. i went down the list of games for the 8 and 16 bit systems looking for disney games. didn't think of tron.

nectarsis

World of illusion(gen)
daffy duck: marvin missions(snes)
the magical quest starring mickey(snes)

lol..I picked a non Disney game...woot
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Keranu

Quackshot is my favorite by far. Not that the other Disney games aren't good, but Quackshot is just one of my favorite games of all time. My other votes go to Castle of Illusion and World of Illusion. Genesis was the king of Disney games.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Turbo D

I voted for:

Adventures in the magic kingdom(nes)

Chip 'n Dale: rescue rangers/2(nes)

DuckTales/2(nes)

Adventures in the magic kingdom is really good! If you haven't played it and like disney, go out and play it!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

Anyone who doesn't vote for Aladdin (Genesis) is crazy.

The animation in that game is just awesome and it has pretty solid gameplay.

Keranu

Quote from: Crystal Xiphas on 02/16/2008, 08:07 PMAnyone who doesn't vote for Aladdin (Genesis) is crazy.

The animation in that game is just awesome and it has pretty solid gameplay.
I used to think Aladdin was amazing back when it first came out. When I bought the game again a couple years ago, I actually think it hasn't aged as well. While the animation is still great, there are some spots with some pretty dull colors. But what suprised me the most was that the controls weren't nearly as smooth and responsive as I remembered. That said, it's still a good game.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

Joe Redifer

I voted Castle of Illusion.  I love the Genesis version but absolutely HATE the SMS version which is a rancid little game with some of the most primitive sounds ever heard on the system.

World of Illusion was fairly good, but it is missing the color black (which isn't a color, I know, but it IS absent from the entire game).  Aladdin is OK, but it feels like a Dave Perry game and therefore the platforming is sloppy.

Quackshot was awesome, too.  I even tried my hand at arranging the Transylvania tune.

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/16/2008, 08:34 PMWorld of Illusion was fairly good, but it is missing the color black (which isn't a color, I know, but it IS absent from the entire game).
I sense that this must be subliminal racism from the developers. We all know Disney's history, afterall!
IMG

guyjin

i thought adventures in the magic kingdom was awful. my neighbor had it, and i was not impressed.

also, I hadn't bothered with any of the Genesis disney games yet, but I liked the SMS castle of illusion.

OceanBlueKirby

The Sega Genesis had some of the best movie-based games for its time. The ones that stand out for me were the three Disney games I have owned for this system. Aladdin, being one of them, was indeed one of my favorite games for the console, and I certainly had some fond memories with it, too. I can still remember some of the level tunes and the secret code for skipping a stage (pause, then press A,B,B,A,A,B,B,A).

The other two, which I've registered under "Something I forgot!", were The Lion King and The Jungle Book. I'd love to have sound experiments with The Lion King the most out of all of the games. There was a part or two that was difficult to overcome until a bit of figuring was done, and the game was required to be beaten with a six-button controller (Scar needed to be thrown off the edge by pressing either the X,Y, or Z buttons). This game, too, had some fond memories to go with it. As for the Jungle Book, I seem to remember more about this game than the other two. I sure did love the music that was used for the river stage where the player had to search for Baloo, and for the night jungle stage, as well, which sounded like a death approaching (I believe it was used for the game over screen as well).

Now that my Sega Genesis is in a mysterious place, these games remain as only fond and distant memories to me :-({|=.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

rag-time4

I voted Talespin (NES) Ducktales (NES) and Mickey Mouscapade (NES) These are the ones I've spent the most time with, so there ya go!

TR0N

Aladdin for the genesis it's like shiny took the animation right,out of the flim and stuck it into a game beside how it plays.

I all most voted for,Duck Tales on nes but damn it's too easy and being to short as well.

Great game but it should been longer etc.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Tatsujin

i voted for the winner!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

btw: the SFC had three "magical quests", altough only the 1st one was the real hit!
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Seldane

Did Castle of Illusion come out for SNES too? I think I saw SOME Mickey Mouse "Illusion" game in a magazine back in the days... I always assumed it was the same as the MD game.

Also: daffy duck: marvin missions(snes) HAHAHAH! I didn't even realize it was a non-Disney game until someone mentioned it. PS: That game sucks so much!
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

GUTS

The SNES got the Magical Quests and Mickey Mania (also inferior to the Genesis version like every Disney game on the SNES), but no Castle of Illusion.

nat

Where's all the votes for Talespin for the TurboGrafx-16? You all know that's your favorite.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Kitsunexus

I guess I'm the only one who voted for Aladdin for SNES. I LOVE THE CAVE MUSIC.

Keranu

I want to know why I have the only vote for Quackshot! That game is just epic!
IMG

NigazAllucard

well Its hard to vote only one.. I love it almost ALL of them, anyway...
I vote to Magical quest...AWESOME game...
But i played chip and dale A LOT at NES generation.....
I dont vote to castle of cuz I didnt played at era...I dont had a GENESIS a that time... just a lot of time after.
TODAY'S PHRASE: "All Your Base Are Belong To Us"
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/16/2008, 11:13 PMbtw: the SFC had three "magical quests", altough only the 1st one was the real hit!
So in Japan they got two sequels to Magical Quest?  Is that why there are 3 titles released for GBA?  Why the hell did they deprive us from sequels to such an excellent game??

I voted for Magical Quest.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/18/2008, 06:20 PMSo in Japan they got two sequels to Magical Quest?  Is that why there are 3 titles released for GBA?  Why the hell did they deprive us from sequels to such an excellent game??
i dunno^^ may be, since the sequles are boring pieces of shit? i recently bought MQ2 and had to turn off after 5 min. or so, due to bored to the sheer death!

NecroPhile

What's with some peeps only placing one vote?  You get to make three, and I won't be able to sleep tonight until I hear your other two picks.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Keranu

Quote from: guest on 02/18/2008, 11:21 PMWhat's with some peeps only placing one vote?  You get to make three, and I won't be able to sleep tonight until I hear your other two picks.
My thoughts exactly!
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Keranu on 02/18/2008, 05:28 PMI want to know why I have the only vote for Quackshot! That game is just epic!
I've never played it myself!!

Tatsujin

QS is kind of boring as well. may be had some good fun with it back then, and nice grafx though. but playing it today is a pure sleeping pill.

OldRover

In all seriousness, the only one of these games that's really worth a damn is Castle Of Illusion for the Genesis. It's also the only game in this list to withstand the test of time; it's still fun to play even now.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

JoshTurboTrollX

Just played Circus Mystery starring Mickey Mouse last night for Genesis.  Very much like Magical Quest, and also a very cool game.  I had no idea this game was ever released!!  If you liked Magical Quest then you should like this- of course the music isn't as good as its SNES counterpart, but the gameplay is all there.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 02/19/2008, 07:48 PMJust played Circus Mystery starring Mickey Mouse last night for Genesis.  Very much like Magical Quest, and also a very cool game.  I had no idea this game was ever released!!  If you liked Magical Quest then you should like this- of course the music isn't as good as its SNES counterpart, but the gameplay is all there.
because it IS magical quest 2 on the SFC :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: OldRover on 02/19/2008, 07:43 PMIn all seriousness, the only one of these games that's really worth a damn is Castle Of Illusion for the Genesis. It's also the only game in this list to withstand the test of time; it's still fun to play even now.
nobody says it better!

guyjin

Quote from: OldRover on 02/19/2008, 07:43 PMIn all seriousness, the only one of these games that's really worth a damn is Castle Of Illusion for the Genesis. It's also the only game in this list to withstand the test of time; it's still fun to play even now.
lies. Chip & Dale, and Ducktales are classic.

Keranu

Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/19/2008, 07:20 PMQS is kind of boring as well. may be had some good fun with it back then, and nice grafx though. but playing it today is a pure sleeping pill.
I am shocked. I personally think Quackshot holds up better than most, if not, all the games on that list.
IMG

NigazAllucard

Quote from: guyjin on 02/19/2008, 09:51 PM
lies. Chip & Dale, and Ducktales are classic.
I agree both !!!
CoI,DT 1 and 2, both are classics! =D&gt;
TODAY'S PHRASE: "All Your Base Are Belong To Us"
IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: Keranu on 02/19/2008, 11:59 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 02/19/2008, 07:20 PMQS is kind of boring as well. may be had some good fun with it back then, and nice grafx though. but playing it today is a pure sleeping pill.
I am shocked. I personally think Quackshot holds up better than most, if not, all the games on that list.
i just played it recently, and all i have to do is charting around with the piper to set some flags or get some new tools/items and kill, or better say stun some silly foes. i'm missing the pepp which a castle of illusion has. it's not a bad game, but it can't give me some great fun these days. sorry mate :(

GUTS

I agree with Keranu that Quackshot is fucking AWESOME, it was a tough choice for me between Castle of Illusion and Quackshot.  I went with with Castle just because I played it first when I was a kid, Quackshot I didn't beat until a few years ago.

Kitsunexus

I can't believe I'm the only one who's played Tarzan for PS1. That's modern licensed platforming done RIGHT.

scrodamoon

Darkwing Duck on the tg16 rocked i played that game religiously when I was younger.

Ninja Spirit

Man that's a tough one for me.

I will say I've beaten EVERY Disney licensed game from capcom on the NES and SNES.

My brother and I used to beat Talespin on Genesis 2 player coop too. The BGM in the volcano shmup stage is so damn addicting