OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

gaming history music video

Started by guyjin, 02/17/2008, 02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

neat video. But it was staged; the buried carts were (almost certainly) crushed to make room for more of them, so there is little chance that they would find playable copies, much less with intact cases and labels.

also, they were probably mixed in with the 5 million copies of Pac-man that didn't sell, and some other crap.

ParanoiaDragon

Ha, I at first thought you said buried cats!
IMG

Hobo Xiphas

I am really tired of all this E.T. is the worst game ever.  It is getting really old.  It is not the worst game ever.

And isn't the whole buried cartridges thing a myth?  I believe Atari just reused the unwanted carts for other games.

nectarsis

There was just an article IIRC on Yaho bebunking some urban legends...The E.T. story is supposedly proven.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Joe Redifer

Wouldn't the carts have been buried in their boxes/full packaging material?  It's not like they were burying used carts, just unsold ones.  And I think they would be deeper than 1 foot underground.  :wink:

guyjin

In the process of producing a cartridge, the packaging usually comes last; it's cheap and easy to produce quickly. plastic shells and circuit boards take longer.

also, snopes sayeth it is so: http://www.snopes.com/business/market/atari.asp

Joe Redifer

The "nearly all of them came back" line indicates they were packaged and boxed.

guyjin

Joe Redifer

:dance:***revels in own overinflated ego*** :dance: