Bubble Bobble PCE

Started by OldRover, 04/04/2008, 04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peperocket

Was this little demo just a proof of concept or is this part of a real project ?
Vive la Supergrafx !!!

OldRover

It's part of a real project...though lately I've had zero time to dedicate to it.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

peperocket

Thanks for answer.

I understand, time is never too long for all we would like to do.

I hope you will find one day time for make a playable level ;)
Vive la Supergrafx !!!

OldRover

Well, to make a playable level, most of the underlying game code has to already be in place...FSMs for Bub and at least one enemy, plus all coldet and level render code. It's quite a bit of work, but once that's done, all remaining levels can be added with ease.
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

spenoza

Will this NeoHuCard format support both PCE and TG-16?

OldRover

Yes. The design is for the TG, but it can also be used for the PCE by reversing the bit order of the loaded image.

spenoza

Have you considered integrating a small digital switch into the card that simply redirects pin output dependent upon the setting?

OldRover

That would have to be one hell of a switch, or would have to have another circuit which remaps the data lines.

caa718

This lookes great!  I cant wait to play the game when it is completed!  I remember the nes days!  Nice touch to make it true to the arcade version.  Great Job!

CAA

spenoza

Yeah, I figured you would use a small digital switching circuit in combination with a physical switch or push button. Digital switching circuits come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes and are usually pretty affordable. You might end up with a lumpy HuCard that way, but I don't think anyone minds bumps on their HuCards.

OldRover

It would have to be extremely low-power, as there's not much left after powering the flash chip. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears...err, eyes. :D

soop

Nice reading through this, hope you don't mind a bit of a bump.  But when/if this is done, I'll buy like 5 copies.
Or at least 3.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Nighttrate

Hi guys, did this game ever get finished ? if so were can I get a copy?