OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Bomberman '94 Taikenban: what is it worth?

Started by Lochlan, 08/02/2008, 10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochlan

I just picked up Bomberman '94 Taikenban for next to nothing.  I tried looking on ebay to see what it goes for but couldn't find anything for sale now or within the last 30 days.

Anybody have any ideas?  The case is a little scratched and there's no spine card, but the disc is MINT and the insert is near mint.
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

nectarsis

Never seen this one..any chance of pics?  :)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Lochlan

Quote from: nectarsis on 08/02/2008, 11:08 PMNever seen this one..any chance of pics?  :)
There's an excellent chance: you can find pictures online  O:)

Here's my copy:
IMG
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

kitkit.com

Nice find Lochlan!  Where did you find this demo? I have never seen it.

Lochlan

Quote from: kitkit.com on 08/02/2008, 11:53 PMNice find Lochlan!  Where did you find this demo? I have never seen it.
I've played a burn of it before, but this is my first time seeing it -- including ebay auctions.

I bought it today at the NW Classic Gaming Enthusiasts annual Retro Gaming Expo.  Picked it up with New Zealand Story, Tennokoe Bank, and a loose copy of Boxy Boy for $25.

From the same guy I got a MINT/complete copy of Vay for $20 and a Saturn joystick for $5.  The guy I bought it from had a crazy amount of good deals (the one I really wish I could have picked up was BoF IV sealed for $20) and some really weirdo rare stuff that I couldn't afford (Dreamcast dev kit).

I'm definately going to save my pennies for when next year rolls around :)

kitkit.com

Quote from: Lochlan on 08/03/2008, 12:01 AMI bought it today at the NW Classic Gaming Enthusiasts annual Retro Gaming Expo.  Picked it up with New Zealand Story, Tennokoe Bank, and a loose copy of Boxy Boy for $25.

From the same guy I got a MINT/complete copy of Vay for $20 and a Saturn joystick for $5.  The guy I bought it from had a crazy amount of good deals (the one I really wish I could have picked up was BoF IV sealed for $20) and some really weirdo rare stuff that I couldn't afford (Dreamcast dev kit).

I'm definately going to save my pennies for when next year rolls around :)
Yeah, demo copies are not easy to come by for some reason.  I own some DC & SS demo that cannot be found on Ebay or store as well.

$25 for all 4 is one hell of a deal!! I guess you are mainly getting the Tennokoe Bank :)  Zealand Story is nice too. 

LMK if you ever want to let go this demo. I wish San Francisco has similar gaming expo like the one you mentioned  ](*,)

hoobs88

I have only seen that one on ebay twice. The first one went for over $100 and the second was about $65. I got sniped both times.  :(
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

elnino

Quote from: Lochlan on 08/02/2008, 10:49 PMI just picked up Bomberman '94 Taikenban for next to nothing.  I tried looking on ebay to see what it goes for but couldn't find anything for sale now or within the last 30 days.

Anybody have any ideas?  The case is a little scratched and there's no spine card, but the disc is MINT and the insert is near mint.
Taikenban stuff never comes with a spine. The actual value of the game is not high, I got my copy for less than $20 from Yahoo Auctions Japan where you can easily pick it up for that price. Because of its rare appearances on eBay I think you could fetch quite a ridiculously high sum, for some people will surely fall into the "boa I've never seen this one, it surely has to be rare and expensive!" trap.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
People said his brain was infected by devils!
PCE Shmupscountown: 109/110 (1to go)
PCエンジン - シューティングゲーム読み秒:109/110個 (1個余る)

Lochlan

Thanks for your post, elnino!  Your post is too believable to be false.  Sounds like I still got a deal on it, though!

Tatsujin

next to nothing is a very nice price. there exist 10'000pcs (nowadays may be less). i've paid about $25 6 yrs ago, and rarely have seen one around here in the shops.

and yes. as elnino already mentioned, there never was a spine for that, neither for other taikenban/promos etc.

here's my copy of it, which i believe i posted already many times before :lol:

/pcespecial20080624vk8.jpg
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sensei

I have seen them go as low as 2000yen and as high as 4,500yen at stores around Japan.  I suppose add a few dollars to that for having a copy outside of Japan.

esadajr

It is worth more in fun value. It's only one map, but still a good show piece for those retro multiplayer sessions.
Gaming since 1985

CrackTiger

It's included in some of the Hyper Catalogue discs. The stand alone version is strictly a collectors item.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

lkermel

Yo !

I have some information on my site about this promotional game:

http://www.videogameden.com/cdrom.htm?b94

And its little brother:
http://www.videogameden.com/cdrom.htm?bde

I believe they currently go for around $50/$60 a piece (on average) on auction sites. As Black Tiger said, they are more collector items than anything else, really...

Tatsujin

Ikremel, fantastic informations (as always).

You mentioned in the text that..
QuoteIt is not really clear as to where this promotional version actually originated from (most likely from Hudson Soft's exclusive fan club or given away at one of their popular tournaments).
I believe that they indeed used it as a tournament (hudson caravan) software before the actual BM'94 special version was made, since the titlescreen also mentions that it is a "for caravan purpose limited software".
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esadajr

Quote from: lkermel on 04/29/2013, 07:08 PMYo !

I have some information on my site about this promotional game:

http://www.videogameden.com/cdrom.htm?b94

And its little brother:
http://www.videogameden.com/cdrom.htm?bde
Great reviews and overall nice website. Keep up the good work.
Gaming since 1985

lkermel

@Tatsujin
Thanks mate!!!!!! I couldn't find hard data about this version of BM'94 being given away at a caravan tournament, this is why I left it open. But I think you're right, I also believe it was featured at some sort of Hudson tournament (although, Hi-Ten Bomberman was the competition game for the caravan tournament in 1993 and 1994...right?...). Would someone on the forum have some evidence of that ?... that would be fantastic !!! :)

@esadajr
Thanks for your great feedback! I've added more information over the years and been updating some of my old reviews - I still have TONS of PC Engine magazines to scan and read (or decipher as my Japanese is still basic)!! So there will be a lot more coming soon :)