@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Odd Turbo/PCE peripherals?

Started by DragonmasterDan, 03/16/2005, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonmasterDan

Since there was a thread a while back regarding third party controllers does anyone own any odd or unusual Turbo/PCE peripherals. I'm thinking mostly of third party stuff. Any ideas offhand? Anything strange you've seen?

One example I've seen is a PSone/PS2 to Duo controller convertor. Anyone else have any odd examples.
--DragonmasterDan

dj898

there's auto fire pad from Hori that looks like NES/Famicom pad.
And then the infamous PC Engine Cushion.. :p

esteban

yeah, the virtual cushion (or something like that) rules!  

dj, have you ever taken it out of the box and used it?  please do, if you haven't already, because i'm dying to hear what it's like!!!!

16-bit (ebay seller) was (is) selling a kool, massive 6-button controller for $80.  I forget the name, but it looked SOLID.  Not sure if it was 3rd party, however.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

dj898

wasn't it avenue or something?
I think that's official???

for virtual cushion, no haven't time to try really...
besides my kid will rip if off in no time...

CrackTiger

Quote from: "DragonmasterDan"Since there was a thread a while back regarding third party controllers does anyone own any odd or unusual Turbo/PCE peripherals. I'm thinking mostly of third party stuff. Any ideas offhand? Anything strange you've seen?

One example I've seen is a PSone/PS2 to Duo controller convertor. Anyone else have any odd examples.

The PCE had the most odd peripherals made for it at the time.(yes I'm aware of the MarkIII & MD modems, Famicom DD, SNES Satellite, etc...)

Off the top of my head there's-

Pachinko controller
3D Glasses
ROM2 AMP speaker set
Illust Booster(Light pen/pad)
Printer
Duo LCD Montiors & Car Adaptor(the Duo was designed to be portable)
3, 4 and 5 player Taps
official 2, 2 + turbo, 3 and 6 button pads + variantions on each
a bunch of 3rd party/unofficial pads & sticks)
several 3rd party controls for TG16
Turbo to Duo control adaptor
Mouse
Virtual Cushion
Turbo Duo to Mac adaptor(never sold, but a real item that was ready to go)
Turbo Booster & Turbo Booster Plus
Tennokoe Bank
Tennokoe Bank II(hooks on rear like Turbo booster)
Turbo Express & PCE GT TV Tuners
Memory Base 16(or something) -a back up cart devise that plugs into the controller port
Various CD2 systems cards, Super CD card, Arcade Card Duo & PRO
Game Express/Hacker International System Card
RAU-30
At least 3 or 4 different Hu Card convertors
CD ROM, Super CD ROM, Turbo CD

Plus there's all those crazy hardware variations-

PCE, TG16, Coregrafx, CGII, Shuttlegrafx, CD-ROM, Super CD-ROM, Turbo CD, Duo, Duo-R, Duo-RX, Turbo Duo, PCE GT, Turbo Express, Sharp Twin, Vistar(Korean TG16), PCE LT, Turbografx(Euro), Supergrafx, PC-KD863G(TV with built in PCE)

As for new stuff, you can also buy a flash card which supports multiple roms.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Very interesting! You named a few things that I never knew existed for the system: 3D glasses, Illust Booster, and Printer. If you have links for these items, I would be very interested to see!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

CrackTiger

Quote from: "Keranu"Very interesting! You named a few things that I never knew existed for the system: 3D glasses, Illust Booster, and Printer. If you have links for these items, I would be very interested to see!

Here's a couple pics of the glasses-

http://members.shaw.ca/turboduo/3Dglasses01.JPG

http://members.shaw.ca/turboduo/3Dglasses02.JPG

You can see pics of a lot of rare PCE stuff here-

http://www.sdk-team.com/collection_nec_pce.htm

Here's some of the items I missed plus some named accurately-

PCE AV Booster
Print Booster(printer)
Photo Reader
Backup Booster
Backup Booster II
PCE LT Super CD adaptor
Memory Base 128
PCE GT Rechargable Battery Pack
GO(Radio Shack) Rechargable Battery Pack(GB, Lynx & TE)
PCE Duo Rechargable Battery Pack
Hudson Backup Unit
Wireless Duo Pads
PCE RF Switch
3x3 Eyes VHS bundle
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Wow, badass link! And those 3D glasses are insanely intriguing! Do you know anything about these 3D glasses because I am very curious? Does it work for all games or just games made for it like how it was for the Master System and Famicom? Some really cool stuff here I never knew about.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: "Keranu"Wow, badass link! And those 3D glasses are insanely intriguing! Do you know anything about these 3D glasses because I am very curious? Does it work for all games or just games made for it like how it was for the Master System and Famicom? Some really cool stuff here I never knew about.

I don't remember. I snagged those pics years ago and have never owned a pair.

I'm guessing that its just a generic 3D effect, otherwise Super Darius would've mentioned it in the manual.

Keranu

I'll have to try looking them up sometime later. Really nice find.
IMG

guyjin

All those lovely, neat peripherals... and not a single light gun. :(

CrackTiger

Quote from: "guyjin"All those lovely, neat peripherals... and not a single light gun. :(

I hope someone develops a 'homebrew' light gun game(like Mindrec) which uses a PSX light gun or something.

With the PSX adaptor, you can of course hook other adaptors to it and use a Saturn light gun.

Better yet, someone selling a gun game should round up dozens of NES light guns and have them converted for Turbo/PCE. It'd make an awesome box set.

esteban

i would love a Hogan's Alley but with characters from the PCE / TG-16 universe swapped in.  Yup. That would be kool ;)

DragonmasterDan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8168001662&rd=1&ssPageName=WD1V
I spotted this a quickshot (an old third party few people remember) Turbo Grafx 16 stick. Kind of neat
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

yeah, i spotted that the other day too... why on earth were we (I) looking at that seller?  I know I didn't do a random search... maybe it was a link from a forum or something.  

I still don't know how many third party controllers were released for the TG-16 / Duo in the U.S.  Not many, though.  I don't think I ever owned one.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: "stevek666"yeah, i spotted that the other day too... why on earth were we (I) looking at that seller?  I know I didn't do a random search... maybe it was a link from a forum or something.  

I still don't know how many third party controllers were released for the TG-16 / Duo in the U.S.  Not many, though.  I don't think I ever owned one.

I was looking for Turbo Sticks (and TG16 to Duo convertor cables which TZD no longer has) and spotted it.
--DragonmasterDan

D-Lite

I love collecting the odd PCE hardware.  I now have most of the stuff listed here, boxed, etc, but have never heard of the 3D glasses!  That's a new one.

Here is the best link I've found on PCE Hardware:
http://nifty.amikai.com/AmiWeb?ami_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww6.airnet.ne.jp%2Fwataru%2Fpce%2Fpc_hard.htm&r_n=9711

That is translated too.  Very very complete list of what was made and some good pics too!

I have a complete PCE Duo Battery and Charger I'll be selling soon  8)
Check my site for Turbo, Neo, NGPC, and superguns!
IMG
IMG