RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

New Online Magazine - PC Engine Retro Magazine

Started by caa718, 11/19/2008, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caa718

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to announce the launch of my new online magazine, PC Engine Retro Magazine.  You can check it out at http://www.pcengineretro.co.cc.  I hope everyone enjoys it.  If you wish, you can send me feedback or comments at  caa718@yahoo.com, or leave me a message here at PC Engine FX.

CAA

blueraven

Excellent Job! I look forward to the second issue!  :mrgreen:

CrackTiger

That's pretty cool. =D> I'd like to see a higher resolution version.

Also, a modern Turbo/PCE magazine should probably have an article warning people of Red Frog/"TZD", instead of an ad for them. :wink:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

Pretty cool, caa718.  I'd prefer 'em as higher quality .pdfs (screw flash), but beggars can't be choosers.  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

brettlee

Wowie.. Fresh new materials to read for our beloved retro box! Well done!

=D>
Retro Gaming Freak

caa718

I just wanted to announce that I added a .pdf version of the magazine.  When you click on current version now, you will be directed to a page where you will select if you wish to view the Flash version or the .pdf version of the magazine.  Let me know what you all think.  I am also interested in knowing which version of the magazine most people prefer to read.

nat

Nice work. I prefer the PDF version myself, my only quibble being that the two-page spreads look a little goofy that way.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

_Paul

The PDF version is nice as the main problem with the online one was the small page size.

How do you set up the documents originally? For the PDF version it would benefit you to use proper page layout software which would not only reduce the PDF file size but also stop the type from appearing bitmapped. You could then just rasterize the PDF file for the online version (I assume you need Jpegs for that).

Just out of interest, check out http://www.gamerzines.com/ to maybe get some ideas to how they do things. Yes I know they are a fully professional outfit, but it might help you.

A note to Nat. If you save out the PDF, you can view the spreads properly in Acrobat by selecting View>Page Display>Two-up and make sure you have Show Cover Page During Two-Up checked.

caa718

Hey Thanks for the feedback guys.  I really appreciate it.  I also am very pleased with the overall interest and great comments on the magazine.  I took a look at the ezine link from above.  As I said, I appreciate all feedback and comments.  I will continue to advance the magazine!

Thank you again,

CAA

caa718

I am currently working on issue two of PC Engine Retro Magazine.  I am looking for PC Engine/Turbo Grafx collection pictures for the magazine.  Send a picture of your collection to be included in PC Engine Retro to caa718@yahoo.com.  I am also looking for feedback for the magazines letter to the editor.  If you have any comments or feedback about the magazine, you can also send it to caa718@yahoo.com.

nat

Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

override

I like this alot! Very Cool!  =D>

I deff would like to see more!

I noticed an error on page 18, line 7 of the turbo wishlist in issue #2....Ys is spelled Y's which is incorrect. I believe the games title was printed like that at one point in time and was an error or misunderstanding of the way it should be spelled.

I like how you show what issues of older games have been rereleased! Keep up the good work man!
IMG

bacteria

IMG
I AM the BacMan!

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

oldskool

caa718

Hey guys,

I am sorry that I took a while to get back on here.  Things got really busy for a few months.  I am running another magazine out of the video game industry and it has really taken off.  Other than that, my full time employment is busier than ever, I got married, and life has been great.  I really enjoy putting the magazines together, but things have been crazy.  Any ideas would be appreciated and if anyone would wish to help on this project, feel free to reach out.  Too many projects right now, but I did not want to just drop off the face of the earth.

_Paul