Worst video game characters.......ever!!!!

Started by Duo_R, 03/26/2009, 03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duo_R

Post up video game characters that you thought were total shit and why you hated them.

I hate Chester from Ys III, Wanderers of Ys:

IMG

First look at the smirk on this guy's face. Just deserves to get slapped. I couldn't find a gif of him from the TG version, but he is just a total shit. The voice actor that played Chester on the TG-CD version made me REALLY hate this guy. He sounded like a little whiny bitch ass that you just wanted to beat to death with your shield.

PS - I know another member that can't stand this guy:

IMG
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

ParanoiaDragon

You'll be sorry to know that I think Chester is returning in Ys 7!
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Duo_R on 03/26/2009, 03:10 AMPS - I know another member that can't stand this guy:

IMG
Lee's background and stage music are probably my favorite!! He's not that hard to beat... he can't block low!

Keranu

Haha, I hear you on, Chester. Maybe he was cooler in the non-Turbo ports/Japanese versions.

I'm sure I have a ton, which I might list later. Here is a good way to sum a lot up though: any non-SF2 Capcom and post-1997 Squaresoft characters.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

I hate Chester mainly because of his US voice.  I swear the actor responsible for him was reading the lines from a sheet for the very first time and they just recorded that and called it a day.  Actually I doubt he was an actor.  Probably just some random guy.  I always cringed whenever he or to a lesser extent Dogi would speak.

quoth09

You want bad voices? Go play Last Alert US. It makes me hate the whole game.

https://www.audioatrocities.com/games/lastalert/index.html

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD The voice overs are bad and you should feel badI'll throw you into the sea after I get you... WTF! That seriously makes me wanna do this =  ](*,)

Same goes for most of the Working Designs games voices. Fuck Jennifer Stigile and her shitty singing.

Voices on King of Fighters Maximum Impact on PS2 in the US was shit too. Same goes with Castle of Shikigami 2 US as well.

While I'm on the subject, I'm going to make another thread.

Keranu

The voice acting is one of the reasons why I love Last Alert! It's not just the over-the-top voice actors that make it so hilarious though, but the actual dialogue. Unlike Ys III where you're stuck with crappy voice actors + not so funny dialogue.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

jboypacman

Johnny BazookaTone and BoogerMan come to mind for me....Just terrible characters(at lest to me they are lol).

Joe Redifer

Last Alert is so bad it is good so you can just go fuck yourself.  I bet you are Mexican.

Sparky

i hate that fuck from Riot Zone... you know the one... walks like he had an ass party and everyone was invited!!! forget his name  :-k

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guest on 03/26/2009, 08:10 PMi hate that fuck from Riot Zone... you know the one... walks like he had an ass party and everyone was invited!!! forget his name  :-k
Haha I know which one you're talking about!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 03/26/2009, 08:10 PMi hate that fuck from Riot Zone... you know the one... walks like he had an ass party and everyone was invited!!! forget his name  :-k
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/26/2009, 08:13 PMHaha I know which one you're talking about!
lolmax!! Yeah, just bad.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

geise

I hate every character in Night Trap.  I also hate myself for even playing that game.  I guess I can also hate myself for playing a non-turbo pc-engine game.

Sinistron

I always thought this lump of shit was of the greenest ass apples-

IMG
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

geise

God damned JAMES POND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TR0N

That damn dog from freaking duck hunt  ](*,) :twisted:

IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nat

What about fuckin' Mr. Nutz?

IMG

My buddy GUTS had it right:

IMG

Quote from: TR0N on 03/28/2009, 02:22 AMThat damn dog from freaking duck hunt  ](*,) :twisted:
You and me both.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Sinistron

What system is that for- and is the game terrible ?  I actually have a fondness for squirrels.  That little fella kind of reminds me of Wacky Squirrel from the Dark Horse comics-

IMG

He was a lot like Bugs Bunny with the constant line of gags- only more violent.
IMG
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

quoth09

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Nutz

If I recall the game plays like Tails from Sonic 2, but with the ability to use your tail. It's a run of the mill platformer, but if I recall from the last time I played it, the game is sub-par at best.

But agreed, stupid name and stupid idea for a character.

Just like this shit: /2v9viaw.png

Bubsy Bobcat. Stupid character idea...what is this, a platformer for furries? As if Sonic wasn't enough? At least Sonic was somewhat cool, this is just rip off shit with a bad character design, and WTF, aren't we clever Accolade: 'He's a cat, let's give the player 9 lives!!! Oh and he has to have yarn to pick up instead of coins or rings!!! Yeah, and we can let the player pick up shirts with exclamation points on them for extra lives!!!'

:evil: No, that isn't clever Accolade. That quote I just put above sounds like a line from Family Guy. Whoever came up with this awful idea needed to be smacked senseless, as if they weren't senseless enough already, from the obvious notion that they came up with this garbage bin of a character. I mean seriously, did they poll children in middle school for this shit?

What is even worse is the fact that people bought into the idea, and with all hunger and greed for money, they made SEQUELS...

Not 1, not 2, not just a 3rd one on Jaguar, as well as a port of the 2nd one on Gameboy, but a fucking 3D one...that was even more ASS than the first 4, and yes, I have played it. Don't even get me started on the box covers for the various parts where he looks on crack 1 time, and then high the next.

AVGN needs to review that 3D one just so I can relish in the fact he hates it too. Seanbaby named it one of the worst 20 games of ALL TIME. Numerous other sites have called this game garbage as well, including this review of all 4 games on Hardcore Gaming 101: wayback.hg101.classicgaming/bubsy/bubsy.htm.

Apparently there was also going to be some animated show with this piece of shit as well that didn't get past the pilot. I don't want to even imagine what kind of garbage could have been thought up on that one...the whole thought of that is only even more downhill than the 3D game.

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

Is she hot?  Post pics.  But not naked ones because Aaron is afraid of nekkid girlz.

She sucks as a singer, that's all I know.

CrackTiger

I know that he's supposed to be someones's dad, but I really don't like the guy in Ghost Manor. He didn't look cool when the game was released and he only looks worse now. Especially dropped into a game like GM where he moves around like he does.

The main character and most of the characters in Beyond Shadowgate look terrible and just like doodles from someone's high school notebook, only worse because now they're in color.

The main character and his buddies in Loom look pretty lame how they were executed. A hooded cloaked character with glowing eyes may not be original, but at least it usually looks evil instead of dorky and straight out of a kids show like Barney.

I dislike many euro designed characters from the 16-bit generation, and to a lesser extent, American designed game characters.

Baby Joe is gross.

I've never liked the look of the Lemmings. They look like kids in pajamas from a government funded Italian cartoon or something.

Wonder Dog just screams 'hurtin' character design'.

Soccer Kid is like an un-character. They developer was like "let's make a platformer in which a kid plays soccer!", "Okay what should he look like?", "I don't know, how about some kid who plays Soccer!"

The unicycles from Uniracers is another un-character design. It was like they were purposely trying to make the game appear as unexciting as possible.

I hated Secret of Evermore as a game, but even if it had been awesome all the characters would still be as ugly and unprofessional looking.

Chaz/Rudy(?) is almost enough to ruin Phantasy Star IV.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Sinistron

The Ghost Manor character (Arthur?) amuses the fuck out of me because it looks 110% like a friend of mine's husband- he's a nice guy and treats the girl nice but he's a bit on the schmucky side.  His face, clothes, hair, smile and walk are a dead ringer for the guy from Ghost Manor.  I've shown this kid and his wife Ghost Manor several times- she found it pretty fucking funny- he just stands there and then starts rattling off his favorite Genesis games- unrelated to anything- telling me that yeah he knows it's a lock and he'd rather change the subject.  Regardless- I think of Ghost Manor as one of the unsung heroes of the US turbochips- definitely one of my favorites.  When I get enough free time I really need to play to the end again and finally beat the flying skull- I was a bit too excited when I reached him and played against him poorly- and he didn't even seem that difficult.  The big pain in the ass for me will be figuring out the maze of doors in the haunted house levels all over again- I recall some of those doors sending you back to the beginning of the game.
IMG

Keranu

Final Fantasy VII. A magnificent game. Really, it's great. However there were a few problems I had with a few characters:

Vincent - This is the biggest culprit of them all. The thing is, he's a secret character, so that kind of excuses what I am about to say about him, but it still hasn't stopped emo Squeers from falling in love with the guy. The problem with Vincent is the dialogue. I purposely avoid having him in my party just for the fact that everything he says is so boring and generic, or he just won't talk at all. The guy has one helluva outfit design, but he has absolutely ZERO personality. He does have some interesting sidestory stuff, but for the most part he just stands around saying crap like "Interesting", " We should head towards Midgar then", and of course "...". Really, this guy's a dud to be with. He's wearing the right getup, but his dialogue does not match it whatsoever.

Sephiroth - Similar to Vincent in that he's all fashion, but no good dialogue to back him up. It's especially more important with Sephiroth since he's the villain, but his lines come off too much like the typical villain. By the way he looks and moves, I would expect a more of a smooth, intelligent, laid back villain kind of dialogue, but instead he's more of a "The whole world will be mine and you will all die! Mwahahaha!" badguy. Another thing that bothered me was how he never got to first hand confront him very much in the game and when you did, it wasn't as exciting as the stuff he did in all the flashbacks. In fact, somewhat early on in the game, like around the beginning of disc 2 I think, he just seals himself away and you never see him again until the very end. At least you had lots of other great villains to fill in for him until then and when you do see him again, he comes back with a bang.

Cloud - Cloud has the great design like the other two characters mentioned, but DOES have the great dialogue to back him up. The problem I have with Cloud though is the lack of oomph in his character development. Anyone who's played through the game knows that Cloud goes through some pretty big shit, so when it comes to the point of him discovering his past and who he really is, he doesn't really show any change afterwards. He's still mostly the same sassy, laidback dude as before instead of the real, motivated hero he should be. His attitude does show some change, but I just feel it wasn't as much as it should've been (nor do I think it should've been overdone either, of course).
IMG

CrackTiger

I thought of FFVII as well, particularly Cloud and Sephiroth. Although I think the game, especially the story and characters are hugely overrated, they're still far from the worst for me.

Another couple I couldn't stand are Hiro and Lucia from Working Designs' Lunar EB Sega-CD. I don't remember if their dialogue itself was annoying, but I hated their voices/acting. I haven't played the Playstation version, but I don't think that they seemed bad in the japanese Saturn version. It really was enough to ruin those characters for me to the point where I was hoping for Lucia to get killed off or taken away for the rest of the game.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Keranu

Oh yeah, I wouldn't consider any of those FFVII characters I posted as the worst (well maybe Vincent), but I just wanted to poke at them since they are so highly regarded. They would be among my top most disappointing characters list probably.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Why is this in the "Fighting Street" forum?

nat

I've been asking that about a lot of the threads in here....
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

Because the second someone lists another person's favorite character in this thread, the shit is gonna hit the fan.
IMG

geise

I fucking hate Bonk and his God damned big ass fucking head! :)

quoth09

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/28/2009, 10:54 AMIs she hot?  Post pics.  But not naked ones because Aaron is afraid of nekkid girlz.

https://www.youtube.com/user/jd777d1 - There, relish in her stupid videos of her shitty singing, and DANCING with her friend.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/29/2009, 02:12 AMWhy is this in the "Fighting Street" forum?
(punches Joe in the face for asking)
Back on topic Joe!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tatsujin

there are sooo many, can't count them all. but most of 'em coming from oversea :twisted:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

I hate that goofy looking smug sonofabitch Hansen in Final Zone II; he's the one that needed a bitch slap.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 03/29/2009, 01:17 AMI thought of FFVII as well, particularly Cloud and Sephiroth. Although I think the game, especially the story and characters are hugely overrated, they're still far from the worst for me.
I thought Final Fantasy VII was total garbage. I played through the game because I was such a huge Final Fantasy nerd and I detested just about every moment of it, and I haven't finished another Final Fantasy game since.

I hated ALL the characters in the game. All of em. Wasn't there some stupid cat robot? Cloud and his stupid hair and sword with retarded gloves... Barrett the cursing and loud black character... the tiger was by far my favorite character but he was a stupid tiger, so in the end I hated him too.

The only thing that really kept me going in the game was the materia system... i had some fun with that. Other than that I thought the game totally sucked. I particularly hated the graphics because I couldn't tell where I was supposed to be going. I would probably have never finished the game without the red arrows that show the exit points of each screen.

guyjin

Quote from: rag-time4 on 03/30/2009, 05:01 PMWasn't there some stupid cat robot?
Cait Sith, which, weirdly enough, is pronounced "kate she".

rag-time4

Quote from: guyjin on 03/30/2009, 05:20 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 03/30/2009, 05:01 PMWasn't there some stupid cat robot?
Cait Sith, which, weirdly enough, is pronounced "kate she".
Ah I'm getting mad just thinking about it. Why is it spelled Cait?? It's a cat!!! I HATE THAT GAME!!

PCEngineSales

Quote from: guest on 03/29/2009, 01:17 AMI thought of FFVII as well, particularly Cloud and Sephiroth. Although I think the game, especially the story and characters are hugely overrated, they're still far from the worst for me.

Another couple I couldn't stand are Hiro and Lucia from Working Designs' Lunar EB Sega-CD. I don't remember if their dialogue itself was annoying, but I hated their voices/acting. I haven't played the Playstation version, but I don't think that they seemed bad in the japanese Saturn version. It really was enough to ruin those characters for me to the point where I was hoping for Lucia to get killed off or taken away for the rest of the game.
Working Designs raped that... I mean every game.

That one most so.

The translation was written entirely from the perspective of an adolescent with a fetish for bodily excretions. And california-isms. And Bill Clinton jokes.

Working Designs are entirely why I learned Japanese. Hey I'm ACTUALLY NOT KIDDING.
https://retro-access.com/ - Modded consoles and SCART cables for retro consoles and computers. We ship worldwide.

CrackTiger

Quote from: rag-time4 on 03/30/2009, 05:01 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 03/29/2009, 01:17 AMI thought of FFVII as well, particularly Cloud and Sephiroth. Although I think the game, especially the story and characters are hugely overrated, they're still far from the worst for me.
I thought Final Fantasy VII was total garbage. I played through the game because I was such a huge Final Fantasy nerd and I detested just about every moment of it, and I haven't finished another Final Fantasy game since.

I hated ALL the characters in the game. All of em. Wasn't there some stupid cat robot? Cloud and his stupid hair and sword with retarded gloves... Barrett the cursing and loud black character... the tiger was by far my favorite character but he was a stupid tiger, so in the end I hated him too.

The only thing that really kept me going in the game was the materia system... i had some fun with that. Other than that I thought the game totally sucked. I particularly hated the graphics because I couldn't tell where I was supposed to be going. I would probably have never finished the game without the red arrows that show the exit points of each screen.
FFVII had a similar effect on me, except that I enjoy the game on its own. I was SO disapointed at how streamlined it was, particularly having very little slots for equipment, how the characters were almost identical gameplay-wise, having to trek across huge areas without actually doing anything so often, so many lame characters, ebonics through dna, the unskippable dialogue that was boring and went no where... and I really didn't like the execution of the story. Overall it was disappointing in almost every aspect both as a FF game and as the first CD FF game. I tried FF VIII, IX and X, but I really didn't like VII and X and IX in japanese was just boring. So FFVII was the beginning of the end of FF for me.

However... I still got a lot of enjoyment out of it. I played both the Playstation and PC versions to death and even though there are some stretches that really should've been cut or opened up, as a RPG lover I couldn't help but have fun with it as just another RPG. With that said, there are probably 100 32-bit and earlier RPGs I'd rank ahead of it. So I find it crazy that FFVII still ranks at the top of most all-time game and/or RPG lists.

The worst thing about FVII is that ever since, every other player on every online video game since is named Sephiroth(insert number).

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 03/30/2009, 06:11 PM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 03/30/2009, 05:01 PM

FFVII had a similar effect on me, except that I enjoy the game on its own. I was SO disapointed at how streamlined it was, particularly having very little slots for equipment, how the characters were almost identical gameplay-wise, having to trek across huge areas without actually doing anything so often, so many lame characters, ebonics through dna, the unskippable dialogue that was boring and went no where... and I really didn't like the execution of the story. Overall it was disappointing in almost every aspect both as a FF game and as the first CD FF game. I tried FF VIII, IX and X, but I really didn't like VII and X and IX in japanese was just boring. So FFVII was the beginning of the end of FF for me.

However... I still got a lot of enjoyment out of it. I played both the Playstation and PC versions to death and even though there are some stretches that really should've been cut or opened up, as a RPG lover I couldn't help but have fun with it as just another RPG. With that said, there are probably 100 32-bit and earlier RPGs I'd rank ahead of it. So I find it crazy that FFVII still ranks at the top of most all-time game and/or RPG lists.

The worst thing about FVII is that ever since, every other player on every online video game since is named Sephiroth(insert number).
HAHA don't get me started on Sephiroth... I hate him, too! I remember he had this special attack that would give you a view of something travelling through the solar system. It took waaaaaaay too long!! I remember the first time fighting him I got up to cook a hot pocket the second or third time he used that ability. The worst thing was that he was so easy!

CrackTiger

Quote from: pcenginesales on 03/30/2009, 05:58 PMWorking Designs raped that... I mean every game.

That one most so.

The translation was written entirely from the perspective of an adolescent with a fetish for bodily excretions. And california-isms. And Bill Clinton jokes.

Working Designs are entirely why I learned Japanese. Hey I'm ACTUALLY NOT KIDDING.
This came up recently on the Superpcenginegrafx forum and although I'm not happy with with how several games were handled, I'll still take a poorly localized game, even with gameplay "enhancements" over not getting an english version at all.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/28/2009, 10:54 AMIs she hot?  Post pics.  But not naked ones because Aaron is afraid of nekkid girlz.

userserve-ak .last .fm/serve/252/16829577.jpg
<< or watch that.  Shes in it. lol

more accurately:
Lol.

and HEY, whats wrong with Bubsy? I thought those games were funny when I was 8.

remember Clay.... uh... Claymates?  That was a weird one.  But it was fun!
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

CrackTiger

Joe Redifer

I do not approve of women wearing cowboy hats or "old west" gear of any kind.  It's just awful looking.  She loses.  I hope she and her entire family die horrible, tragic deaths.

Also, in that video why are they pronouncing the game as LOON - ARE?  Nobody pronounces Lunar that way, not the word, not the game.  Only fucktards whose family deserves to die horrible, tragic deaths!

EDIT:  Monga???  ha ha.  Vic Ireland is a cum sucking assface.

Keranu

Haha, I never understood the LunAr pronouciation either, but sadly I've been using it ever since I first heard Victor pronounce it that way.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Victor probably pronounces your name as KAY-RU-NO.

PCEngineSales

I actually had a meal out and karaoke in celebration of WD going bust.

I can't remember what I did when he lost the rights to Lunar (little known fact: He lost them because the creator of Grandia II knows english, actually played his translations and told the GameARTS boss of the real content.)

I was freelancing for Enix at the time and was handed in some nice insider info from another (very reliable, very prolific) freelancer with contact with Vic.

Back in the 90s I was in contact with Vic and all the people I worked with on a UK gaming mag (Sega Power) hated WD translations, so I was talking with Sega Europe about freelancing them an entire translation for the UK market.

And Vic told me point blank WD had bought out all the rights to Lunar for 10 years and that nobody would EVER be able to produce a shoddy, non WD hackjob because he would see to it personally that he owned Lunar and renewed the license, that even Gamearts could not revoke said license.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
https://retro-access.com/ - Modded consoles and SCART cables for retro consoles and computers. We ship worldwide.

esteban

Quote from: Sinistron on 03/27/2009, 01:48 PMI always thought this lump of shit was of the greenest ass apples-
Monty Mole is lame, especially in the game, but he actually looks pretty kool in the image you posted!

Now, Kid Chameleon is a much sillier video game character!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

IMG

Duo_R

well what good Lunar game was translated / released post Playstation complete version??? The Gameboy Advance????  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote from: pcenginesales on 03/31/2009, 03:20 AMI actually had a meal out and karaoke in celebration of WD going bust.

I can't remember what I did when he lost the rights to Lunar (little known fact: He lost them because the creator of Grandia II knows english, actually played his translations and told the GameARTS boss of the real content.)

I was freelancing for Enix at the time and was handed in some nice insider info from another (very reliable, very prolific) freelancer with contact with Vic.

Back in the 90s I was in contact with Vic and all the people I worked with on a UK gaming mag (Sega Power) hated WD translations, so I was talking with Sega Europe about freelancing them an entire translation for the UK market.

And Vic told me point blank WD had bought out all the rights to Lunar for 10 years and that nobody would EVER be able to produce a shoddy, non WD hackjob because he would see to it personally that he owned Lunar and renewed the license, that even Gamearts could not revoke said license.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 03/30/2009, 09:13 PMI do not approve of women wearing cowboy hats or "old west" gear of any kind.  It's just awful looking.  She loses.  I hope she and her entire family die horrible, tragic deaths.
Thats unfortunate.

rebecca_01_illustration.jpg
QuoteAlso, in that video why are they pronouncing the game as LOON - ARE?  Nobody pronounces Lunar that way, not the word, not the game.  Only fucktards whose family deserves to die horrible, tragic deaths!

EDIT:  Monga???  ha ha.  Vic Ireland is a cum sucking assface.
They're pronouncing it Loon are because that's how its pronounced.  Did you play the game?  They say Loon are in the game itself.  They say it in Japanese that way too.
Monga is relatively close to the proper pronunciation: "Mahnga", its just with a nasally middle aged white dude flair.

I think your fucktard and cum sucking assface commentary is a bit ignorant and flawed dude.