stages in Galaga '90

Started by AlexKidd, 07/07/2005, 07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexKidd

For those of you who have beaten this game, could you tell me how many stages it has? I can currently get as far stage 24 and i'd like to know how close I am to beating it.

Keranu

Damn, I can't beat this game. It's pretty hard for me at one point. I can't remember what stage I usually die around, but it's a little before halfway through the game somewhere.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Odonadon

IMG

Not sure if that helps, actually :)

OD

AlexKidd

Quote from: "Keranu"Damn, I can't beat this game. It's pretty hard for me at one point. I can't remember what stage I usually die around, but it's a little before halfway through the game somewhere.

Did you know there's a way to get three ships in the first level without using any lives ? If you havn't already tried it ,it should help you get further. Just press up and run at the title screen. When you shoot the last dude in the first level he'll drop a red capsule which gives you three ships.

AlexKidd

Quote from: "Odonadon"IMG

Not sure if that helps, actually :)

OD

lol nah,not really, that just shows that someone else beat the game but it doesn't list the numbers of the stages. Thanks anyway though,that guy has a great score.

Keranu

I knew about that three ship cheat before. I don't use it much though.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Bake

I'm not sure how many stages there are but I'm pretty sure depending on how often you collect those capsules to warp, the harder the game is.  I usually try to avoid them and the game is easier... OD's pic of the stages states that he warped often because that pink line is near the top... if he didn't warp at all that pink line would be straight and on the bottom... right?   :?

Odonadon

Quote from: "AlexKidd"lol nah,not really, that just shows that someone else beat the game but it doesn't list the numbers of the stages. Thanks anyway though,that guy has a great score.

Why thank you :)  Yes that was me.

OD

AlexKidd

I beat it today, I found out it has 26 stages and then the final boss. Didn't get as good a score as you though. Only 800,000 something but I was mainly just trying to stay alive by the end and not concerned about score.

I actually beat three games today,Galaga,Ninja Spirit and Bonk's Revenge. Only Galaga was for the first time though.