10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geise

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 02/09/2012, 09:03 AMBeen playing Silent Hill Origins on PSP. It's fantastic. It is very typical of all Silent Hill games. If you are a fan of the series, you will love this game!
I like this game.  It's the last Silent Hill game that I enjoyed.

MotherGunner

Silent Hill Origins was pretty awesome.  I beat it too on the PSP.  Have any of you guys played the PS2 version?  I understand it's a direct port but with better controls.
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Gogan

Been hopping in between legend of Valkyrie and Ys l&ll.

Valkyrie is fun, though the cliffs are hard to distinguish between the land, so many hearts have been lost thus far.

And jus finished book 1 of Ys. This game is fanfukintastic. Can't believe I waited 12 years to finally pick it up.
Nothin beats the real thing.

BlueBMW

Just got home from an evening of MSX and x68000 gaming.  Even though there were cabs there (loaded with cave shooters even!)  We still almost primarily played the x68000... incredible little machine.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/12/2012, 08:59 AMJust got home from an evening of MSX and x68000 gaming.  Even though there were cabs there (loaded with cave shooters even!)  We still almost primarily played the x68000... incredible little machine.
Where??? Who??? WHY???

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 02/12/2012, 11:36 AMWhere??? Who??? WHY???
Where: Montgomery, AL
Who: Ope, Rob (68k on Neogeo), and one other guy.. cant remember who he was lol
WHY?!???:  Because its JAWSOME!!!!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

nectarsis

Been rockin some R-Types, and R-Type Delta...until frustration set in :\
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/12/2012, 05:34 PMBeen rockin some R-Types, and R-Type Delta...until frustration set in :\
Funny, I was just playing R-Type on the Master System.  Is Delta good like everyone says?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

nectarsis

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/12/2012, 06:24 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 02/12/2012, 05:34 PMBeen rockin some R-Types, and R-Type Delta...until frustration set in :\
Funny, I was just playing R-Type on the Master System.  Is Delta good like everyone says?
It's decent for a polygon shooter..I prefer the originals myself, but it's a fun game.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/12/2012, 04:42 PM
I was just kidding with the, "Why?" hee hee. That's awesome, Bemby! Glad you guys had a good time. :)

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: MotherGunner on 02/10/2012, 11:43 AMSilent Hill Origins was pretty awesome.  I beat it too on the PSP.  Have any of you guys played the PS2 version?  I understand it's a direct port but with better controls.
I will go and pick up the PS2 version as well since I collect pretty much everything Silent Hill

Lilgrafx

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/12/2012, 04:42 PM
THOUGHTS: I am going to have to find some folks in Northern NJ who have x68000 and FM Marty (ha!) and LaserActive (ha!). The DigitPress community is here (I think) but I never really reached out to them.

DECLARE IN POST: I am so envious of the nerdery.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

Starfighter

I have been playing a lot of Dig Dug today. Every Dig Dug-day is a good day. :)

IMG

BlueBMW

I stayed up til 3am the other night playing Turok 2 on N64... holy crap are those levels LONG lol. I got through level 1, but that's it.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/18/2012, 12:16 AMI stayed up til 3am the other night playing Turok 2 on N64... holy crap are those levels LONG lol. I got through level 1, but that's it.
I played that a little while ago, definitively hasn't aged well.

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 02/18/2012, 12:16 AMI stayed up til 3am the other night playing Turok 2 on N64... holy crap are those levels LONG lol. I got through level 1, but that's it.
I had that game back when it was new. Keep in mind my gaming prowess was much more than it is now and I couldn't get through even half the game. Hard as nails and, yes, the levels are WAY too long.

PCEngineHell

My son has all the Turoks on N64 other then the first one. The only one I have is the one on pc they released a couple years back that used the Unreal 3 engine. As a coincidence, I also have the first couple of issues of the Valiant reboot of the comic stowed away in a large stash of comics.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/18/2012, 12:37 AM
I played that a little while ago, definitively hasn't aged well.
For sure!  Having the expansion pack is a must!  Playing in "Low Rez" is utterly awful!  Add Low Rez to a HiDef TV and you get mud.  But yeah the game does have a certain appeal.  Plus I really like some of the music! :P

blueraven

Ji-L87

Sat down and finished Galaxy Fraulein Yuna (not a hard feat by any means :p) and then I joined a friend for some BF 3 online matches that went ok-ish. Also trying to understand how to properly initiate and control drifting in Daytona USA, as I just got it for my Saturn.
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Lilgrafx

Downloaded and played quite a bit of mutant mudds on the 3DS. This is a really good platformer with awesome music.

TR0N

Landstalker:I never it finsh it years ago so i'm at it again.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

VenomMacbeth

Finished a game of Yoshi's Story on the N64 today.  Cutest.  Game.  EVAR. :3
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

futureman2000

Finished Rastan on SMS this morning; I had to cheat to do it. Pretty cool game, makes me wish that Taito had put out a proper port on Genesis or Turbo. Oh well.

VestCunt

I've been playing through the scenarios on Desert Commander for the NES recently.  Pretty good little war game.

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/20/2012, 02:15 AMFinished a game of Yoshi's Story on the N64 today.  Cutest.  Game.  EVAR. :3
Definitely.  Can't beat the title screen music.
Topic Adjourned.

Lilgrafx

100% completed mutant mudds

nectarsis

Last couple days I've been playing a bit of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, and Hot Shots Golf...both on the Vita.  Thoroughly enjoyable games.

Ji-L87

Yesterday I sat down, remembering that I got MM9 for the 360 a long time ago for some points that I originally intended to use for something else (but couldn't).
That's the danger with digital copies, my friends, you kinda forgot you have them.

I already had Jewel Man & Galaxy Man beat but this game sort of reminded me that without save states, I suck. :x Though, with a little help of a boss-order guide I made it all the way to the Wily stages : )  Actually got to Wily stage 2 but saw that I should've farmed more lives & M-tanks before trying my hand at that...basically was on my way of getting stuck thanks to weapon energy running out but ran out of lives before that...
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

Starfighter

Farcry 2. I started out hating it and now I'm in love with it.

munchiaz

practicing soul calibur 5. I have a tournament on Wednesday. I'm aiming for top 5. Ill post what i get here.

Starfighter

Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/24/2012, 09:54 PM100% completed mutant mudds
That's the first game for 3DS I really want and it doesn't even have a release date yet here in Europe. I fucking hate Europe.

Lilgrafx

Quote from: Starfighter on 02/28/2012, 04:19 AM
Quote from: Lilgrafx on 02/24/2012, 09:54 PM100% completed mutant mudds
That's the first game for 3DS I really want and it doesn't even have a release date yet here in Europe. I fucking hate Europe.
Is it planned for Euro Release? If it is you need to pick this up it's a damn good platformer.

roflmao

I've been bitten by the Torchlight bug again and have been playing that way too much lately.  Also picked up La Pucelle: Tactics for the PS2 yesterday on a whim ($7) so I'll probably give that a shot sometime today.

VenomMacbeth

Just played the Rez HD demo on the 360...ohhh man, I gotta get this game.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Starfighter

I tried my new PCE-games I got in the mail today and I loved them all! Final Soldier kicks so much ass it's hard to grasp. But mainly, I play Twisted Metal on PS3. I have to write a review ASAP... I'd rather play Final Soldier.

Starfighter

Oh for fuck sake. Twisted Metal is CENSORED in Europe. It's not as bad as in Twisted Metal Black (where ALL the cutscenes was completely removed) but we still don't get the gory stuff. It's insane. It's 2012, not 1812. Give. Us. The. Fucking. Gore. You. Pieces. Of. Shit.

I'm going to tell everyone to import this title right in the review. Not a penny should be paid for the whimpversion.

esteban

Quote from: Starfighter on 03/03/2012, 05:41 AMOh for fuck sake. Twisted Metal is CENSORED in Europe. It's not as bad as in Twisted Metal Black (where ALL the cutscenes was completely removed) but we still don't get the gory stuff. It's insane. It's 2012, not 1812. Give. Us. The. Fucking. Gore. You. Pieces. Of. Shit.

I'm going to tell everyone to import this title right in the review. Not a penny should be paid for the whimpversion.
So, what country are you in?

BlueBMW

After finally getting the ability to properly write floppy disks for it,  I played a variety of X68000 games.  Namely an excellent port of Cotton, the fantastic doujin shooter Cho Ren Sha, an excellent port of Atari Star Wars, and some Akumajo Dracula. :D

Starfighter

Quote from: esteban on 03/03/2012, 10:49 PMSo, what country are you in?
Sweden. Usually we have no censorship or stuff like that at all - but when something is supposed to fit europe as a unity, it mostly gets censored and chopped up because of Germany. Those guys sometimes even change the color of the blood from red to green...

esteban

Quote from: Starfighter on 03/04/2012, 04:57 AM
Quote from: esteban on 03/03/2012, 10:49 PMSo, what country are you in?
Sweden. Usually we have no censorship or stuff like that at all - but when something is supposed to fit europe as a unity, it mostly gets censored and chopped up because of Germany. Those guys sometimes even change the color of the blood from red to green...
Hahahahaha. I'm sorry, but this reminds me of the early 90's, here in the States, when the Super Nintendo port of Mortal Kombat featured "sweat" instead of "blood".

Still, it really doesn't matter. If the game itself is compelling, you'll be just as satisfied with gray sweat (or green apple juice, for Sweden). IMG

Starfighter

Haha, yeah, it's like that!

Did you know that we didn't even get the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? "Ninja" was a too offensive word that would make kids play ninjas so they changed it to Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Way to go, world! :D

esteban

Quote from: Starfighter on 03/04/2012, 10:30 AMHaha, yeah, it's like that!

Did you know that we didn't even get the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? "Ninja" was a too offensive word that would make kids play ninjas so they changed it to Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. Way to go, world! :D
I thought it was Teenage Mutant Nordic Turtles. IMG

Starfighter

Or Teenage Mutant Rainbow Turtles.

Mathius

I always wondered why ninjas were feared so badly in Europe. I thought maybe there was some kind of ninja invasion during WWII that no one dared speak of.  :P

bartre

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/29/2012, 08:49 PMJust played the Rez HD demo on the 360...ohhh man, I gotta get this game.
on 360 you can get it on disc, it also comes with lumines and E4, i think the compilation was called Qbed.
i think it's like 10-15 used, totally worth it.
on a related note, try Child of eden, very similar, updated graphicy stuffs, worth at least a look, though i would say Rez is a little better.

Starfighter

Final Soldier. It's fucking great.

Starfighter

Getting a bit hard though since it's already 4:20 PM here and I'm drunk of course.

esteban

Don't crucify me: Spelltower, Words With Friends, Drawsomething.