PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueBMW

Quote from: Gogan on 12/06/2010, 12:24 PMHey beamer, is Christmas nights just a demo? As opposed to straight up Nights?
Its just one level that you can play with both characters, but its still pretty fun.  Each time you win you get some chances to win "presents" which are little extra goodies that range from picture galleries, to special modes, to karaoke videos lol.  Its pretty neat I think.  Just good for getting in the Christmas spirit :P

Its sensitive to the date, so if its near Christmas time it does a Christmas theme, if its New Years, it has a different theme.  If its January or something, it comes up as Winter Nights...  there might be some others that are date dependent (april fools maybe??)  I havent tried manually changing to other dates though.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 12/06/2010, 12:01 PMTeh Raystorm (Galactic Attack) rocks my balls off every time. :) Have you tried the remake on XBOX Live yet???
There's a remake? :shock:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/06/2010, 09:36 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/06/2010, 12:01 PMTeh Raystorm (Galactic Attack) rocks my balls off every time. :) Have you tried the remake on XBOX Live yet???
There's a remake? :shock:
Yes'um. :) At least download the demo and give it a whirl. It's called Raystorm HD:wink:

BlueBMW

So you mean i have to dust off the 360?  Ok ok ill do it... :P

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/07/2010, 01:40 PMSo you mean i have to dust off the 360?  Ok ok ill do it... :P
You'll probably be glad you did. :wink:

TR0N

PS3
X-Men The Arcade Game Yes all it's up on the PSN&XBAL now.
Demon's Souls
Pac-Man CE DX

Famicom
Recaa Summer Carnival 92
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

blueraven

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

blueraven

Blazing Lizazers! Dungeon Explorer! Not JJ and Jeff :D

TR0N

Quote from: TR0N on 12/15/2010, 03:50 AMPS3
X-Men The Arcade Game Yes all it's up on the PSN&XBAL now.
Demon's Souls
Pac-Man CE DX

Famicom
Recaa Summer Carnival 92
Etc,etc,etc
IMG

Vecanti

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective

blueraven

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: GobanToba on 12/19/2010, 10:34 PMSherlock Holmes Consulting Detective
how far are u in it?

Vecanti

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 12/20/2010, 07:50 PMhow far are u in it?
I just started on the Mummy's Curse.  I solved all 3 back in the day on both my Turbo and CDTV.  I've never played the second one though, so maybe I'll have to switch.  I use to have papers with all the clues written down.

Mathius

Just got all 120 Stars in Super Mario Galaxy!

And lost 5 years off of my life expectancy.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: GobanToba on 12/21/2010, 01:12 AM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 12/20/2010, 07:50 PMhow far are u in it?
I just started on the Mummy's Curse.  I solved all 3 back in the day on both my Turbo and CDTV.  I've never played the second one though, so maybe I'll have to switch.  I use to have papers with all the clues written down. 
did u really like the game?  cause im thinkin of startin it soon

turbogrfxfan

battle ace on sgx.  I actually kinda like it and then kinda not. aldynes here ui come

Vecanti

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 12/22/2010, 07:44 PMdid u really like the game?  cause im thinkin of startin it soon
Yeah, I loved it back in the day.  You really need to be prepared to be nerdy and get your note pad out.  Write down all the clues and just have fun.  I love anything Sherlock Holmes though and a night if going around investigating in the game is just fun.  Back in the 90 though this was some of the first FMV ever and it was pretty amazing.

It's got a pretty bad wrap, but I think it's because it different from pretty much anything out there.  It's not your standard video game stuff and I can see how people would think it's boring.  It really is one of my favs though.

blueraven

Legend Of Xanadu Pt. 2 FOR THE WIN

Mathius

Quote from: blueraven on 12/28/2010, 02:07 PMLegend Of Xanadu Pt. 2 FOR THE WIN
That be a game I needs badly! :mrgreen:

blueraven

Quote from: Mathius on 12/28/2010, 02:10 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 12/28/2010, 02:07 PMLegend Of Xanadu Pt. 2 FOR THE WIN
That be a game I needs badly! :mrgreen:
I missed a copy for 1 cent on eBay because of the infamous "burrito incident". teh hungAR

It's really, really, really amazing.

turbogrfxfan

played some bomberman. bomberman panic and street fighter last night witch some girl. i had fun

BlueBMW

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 12/28/2010, 06:45 PMplayed some bomberman. bomberman panic and strip fighter last night witch some girl. i had fun
Fixed for ya :P

TR0N

PS3
Demon's Souls:Damn it's a pain getting those last 3 trophies  ](*,)
League Bowling
King of Fighters 94

Wii
Super Mario All Stars

Btw if any body hasn't try ds yet do it now 2011 will be the last year it has online play.
IMG

termis

Cosmic Fantasy 3.  I've had this title for well... 5+ years now, and just starting it, now that I've gone through part 1 (a couple years ago), and replayed part 2 (over the past month or so).

It's a LOT more polished than part 1 or 2.  And quite a bit more complex as well.  Part 1 was an easy-to-import RPG, and I'd imagine part 2 to be as well (though there's isn't much reason to import the JP version for part 2 when the US version is relatively cheap), but part 3 would definitely be a bit more challenging to those without some level of Japanese...

Ceti Alpha

Back on the Galaga '90 train now that I've been dethroned. :lol:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Mathius

Trying to spend some quality time with Pier Solar. It's too bad though that my Sega CD won't read the Enhanced CD. I am going to have to get my unit tuned up or buy a new one.

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 12/31/2010, 12:03 PMTrying to spend some quality time with Pier Solar. It's too bad though that my Sega CD won't read the Enhanced CD. I am going to have to get my unit tuned up or buy a new one.
If its not working... you can just send me your pier solar.  :P

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/31/2010, 12:34 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/31/2010, 12:03 PMTrying to spend some quality time with Pier Solar. It's too bad though that my Sega CD won't read the Enhanced CD. I am going to have to get my unit tuned up or buy a new one.
If its not working... you can just send me your pier solar.  :P
Hahahahahahahaha.....

No. :mrgreen:

turbogrfxfan

nuthin!  may play panic bomber or bomberman once my girl comes over

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 12/31/2010, 12:40 PMHahahahahahahaha.....

Aww  :cry:

:D  I did order one of the second print copies (not nearly as cool but ahh well whatever :P)

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/02/2011, 08:57 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/31/2010, 12:40 PMHahahahahahahaha.....

Aww  :cry:

:D  I did order one of the second print copies (not nearly as cool but ahh well whatever :P)
I think you'll be happy with it. Like I said in another thread, "You'll feel like you're 13 yrs old again! :wink:

NecroPhile

Still playing Conan on the Turbob and some Lego Harry Potter on the PSP (yeah, I'm a dork).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

turbogrfxfan

BlueBMW

Played some pc denjin cd.  Not as good as air zonk, but passable.  Later I played some Ace Combat 2 on playstation.  One of my most favorite PSX games.  Tried to play Ace Combat 3... just can't get into it.  Apparently the Japanese version was longer had a full story with cutscenes and multiple endings.  And what did we get in the states?  A gutted hulk of a game. :cry:

blueraven

TR0N

PS3
Borderlands:Well trying to this rpg/fps forumla throws me off.
Demon's Souls:I did get %100 on the trophies finally but i been going afther weapons i missed befor.

Neo-Geo
Bust a Move Again/Puzzle Bobble 2
IMG

TR0N

PSP
Ys The Oath in Felghana

PS3
Demon's Souls

Now that i have a psp i'm realy enjoying oath a very good remake of Ys 3,still it sure is difficult  :shock:
IMG

blueraven

Blood Gear, GoT, Space Invaders Plus, Youkkaidochuuki, RTYPE

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: blueraven on 01/20/2011, 03:50 AMBlood Gear, GoT, Space Invaders Plus, Youkkaidochuuki, RTYPE
Damn. You got a lot on your plate, blue. lol
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

geise

Ridge Racer 7, 8 Man (Neo), Spriggan Mark 2

nectarsis

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 4  (PS3)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

blueraven

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/20/2011, 10:08 AM
Quote from: blueraven on 01/20/2011, 03:50 AMBlood Gear, GoT, Space Invaders Plus, Youkkaidochuuki, RTYPE
Damn. You got a lot on your plate, blue. lol
hella  :mrgreen: RTYPERTYPERTYPERTYPERTYPERTYPERTYPERTYPE

turbogrfxfan

terraforming....  Its a very cool game..  I didnt care for it the first time thrue but second time .I liked it.  Its a laid back shooter w cool music to back it up.

rodek

Dark Sector (360) - cool game.. 3rd person shooter with a twist. Thought the game was gonna be garbage (cuz i got it cheap), but it's a pretty good game.

td741

Quote from: rodek on 01/20/2011, 09:36 PMDark Sector (360) - cool game.. 3rd person shooter with a twist. Thought the game was gonna be garbage (cuz i got it cheap), but it's a pretty good game.
I feel the same. ;)  I think it suffered a bit of "dated" design where you need to get to a certain point in order to trigger enemies. (I would approach slowly and use the... glaive(?) to scout ahead.  I'd get really annoyed that once I reach a certain point all of the enemies start to show up. grr...  :P)

It's also amazing how much the game benefits from being ran from the harddrive. (When that feature was first introduced to the 360, I remember a lot of people complaining that games were not improving in load times.  This was one of the first games I tried where it did.)

turbogrfxfan

hellfire and metomar jupiter

blueraven

Yu Yu Hakusho and I'm try to top my HS in a few other games; GoT, The Ninja Warriors.

rodek

Brutal Legend (360).     If you like metal music and Jack Black humour.... this game is for you... you will not regret it.