@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFlutterPie

Been playing Space Megaforce and Claymates.

I have wanted to play Claymates since I was a kid and it's actual a lot of fun.

VenomMacbeth

YES!!!  Just made it all the way through Cadash on the Genesis!  And I only died 3 times!! :D

Damn, I suck.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

MrFlutterPie

I am playing Predator for the NES.

If it weren't programed so bad it could have been an ok game.

munchiaz

Started playing project x zone for the 3ds last night. The fan service in this game is awesome. Valkyrie from "Valkyrie no densetsu" appeared when she hired Dante from " devil may cry". Then Demitri from "dark stalkers" also showed up.

EvilEvoIX

Trying to run through Final Fight on the Sega CD, so much cheapness.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

PCEngineHell

Dead Space 3 for PC today. I am meh about this game so far. Just kind of one of those I thought I'd give a try and it just feels like a repetitious fetch quest half the time.

PCEngineHell

Little bit of World of Tanks today:

IMG

MrFlutterPie

Street Fighter Alpha 2 on my new Sega Saturn :)

Mishran

What better way to spend some down time after a nasty fist fight than to play a game where you beat the crap out of lots of bad guys. Played me some P.O.W. this evening. :dance:

munchiaz

Been grinding out in KOF 13 getting ready for EVO 2013

wildfruit

TR0N

I'm still playing this,man there are allot things in d&d shadow over mystara that i forgot about  :oops:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

VenomMacbeth

Doom & Shadow Squadron on the 32x for me.  This is my first time playing Doom, and I've got to say, there's nothing quite as satisfying as splattering an enemies guts all over the floor with an exploding barrel.  :D

Shadow Squadron is fun, but I wish it had better music.  It's not bad...it's just not as awesome as the rest of the game.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

PCEngineHell

True to my word on the wackamole poll thread, World of Tanks this weekend for me, with a couple of sweet matches using the KV-1:

IMG

IMG

wildfruit

playing shenmue
shenmue 2 to follow

Psycho Punch

Playing Tom Clancy's Endwar with a headset... man this game is awesome! At first I didn't want to touch my headset, but once I tried I was hooked! People must think I'm crazy by shouting to the screen CALLING ALL UNITS SECURE WHISKEY UNIT 3 ATTACK 5 UNIT 4 ATTACK 2 ACTIVE GROUP ATTACK UNIT 5

I wish After Burner would come with a mic too so I could shout FIRE FIRE FIRE like an idiot.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

munchiaz

Started playing Shin Megami Tensei : IV this past Tuesday. Last time i really played a SMT game was persona 1, also i played devil survivor on the DS. So far SMT IV is great. ive gotten about 20 hours in so far, and the story, characters, and atmosphere is really engrossing. Game is pretty hard and i have died countless times, but the battle system is really strategic, and usually you lose because of one mistake that just snowballs, but that can also work in your favor.

The battle system work like this: you have a set number of turns, you can increase those turns by getting critical hits, or hitting a enemy with an attack or speel that they are weak to, such as bufu (ice attack) The same battle system also works for the demons you encounter as well, hence the snowball effect. A battle can become hopeless or hopeful at the blink of an eye, and thats what makes it really intense and enjoyable.

MrFlutterPie

I just beat Area 51 for the Sega Saturn and SOR 2 for the Genesis.

Psycho Punch

Sweetness... Area 51 is cool, specially with a lightgun, I beat it on my PS sometime ago.

I played Parasite Eve II, until the very end in the army barracks. I'll see if I can finish it this week.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

MrFlutterPie

Area 51 is my most favorite arcade game ever.  I am still looking for a light gun for it.

I've been playing Vectorman for the Genesis.  It looks so good and plays well.

Mishran

Not console, but got my fighting game fix with a playthrough of One Must Fall 2097 on PC. Kick ass fighter with 100 foot tall robots bashing each others bolts in. I used to rip this game a new one on my old DOS machine bitd. DOSBOX unfortunately has enough stutter to make it tough to play this on my current pc at higher difficulty levels. Anyone else remember this game? Tournament mode was wicked cool with the hidden characters and upgradable bots.

wavering

I just beat Final Fantasy I on my PSP probably close to 25 years after I first played it.  I started up FF2 but I don't know if I have the patience to grind in the SaGa-style system.

Bloufo

Putting in a bit of time with Demon's Blazon on the Super Famicom.
Great game but they should have made it so that you can change form/abilities on the fly rather than having to do it in the pause menu.

Also messing around with Pyramid Patrol on the Laseractive.
It's a decent shooter except for the difficulty spike towards the later levels.

whisper2053

Currently playing through Lunar TSS on my X'eye, and (probably) Strikers 1945 Plus/D&D SoM for the August game of the month clubs we have going on for scores. Should be fun!
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

marktheshark

Yesterday, I started a new file on Gun. Pretty fun GTA clone, but it feels a bit too short. Some of the side missions like the bounty missions & law enforcement were pretty fun too.

Star Ocean 2, just got a new character in my party and I'm trying to remember where to go now.

TR0N

PS3
Dragon's Crown:Finished it on normal and playing it on hard now.
Update finished hard mode and side quest,playing on infernal difficulty now.
IMG

Ji-L87

The IDOLM@STER 2 (PS3 version) and this game is really dangerously absorbing. It's not so much the idol thing, or the little girls thing, really, it's the management aspect, the rhythm based gameplay and the "just one more week"-aspect (game progresses in weeks). Oh and the music's pretty sweet too.

Can't really seem to raise my sales much but I'll be darned if I can't get another memory level in order to get an extra points boost "appeal" to tear down the rivals voltage gauge in the upcoming duels...
CHECKPOINT!
Quote from: esteban on 09/23/2012, 01:40 AMThere is a perverted Japanese businessman in every Swiss PCE fan.

munchiaz

Beat SMT IV a few days ago. Got the nothing ending, and it was shit, so reloaded my last save and got the Chaos ending. Pretty awesome game. it was my first SMT game, and i really enjoy the whole demon/angle law/chaos storyline.

MrFlutterPie

I am playing through Earthbound.  I loved RPG's as a kid but now as an adult I prefer fast paced arcade games (is it any wonder I flocked the Turbo? :)  )

I put in Earthbound and i have become so absorbed by it.  I haven't played 6 hours of gaming straight since I was a kid. I was up to 3 am playing the game.  It really has rekindled my childhood like love and behavior for a game.

Just love it.

munchiaz

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/26/2013, 10:42 AMI am playing through Earthbound.  I loved RPG's as a kid but now as an adult I prefer fast paced arcade games (is it any wonder I flocked the Turbo? :)  )

I put in Earthbound and i have become so absorbed by it.  I haven't played 6 hours of gaming straight since I was a kid. I was up to 3 am playing the game.  It really has rekindled my childhood like love and behavior for a game.

Just love it.
I still have yet to play this one, but it seems like a RPG that would get me hooked. It's so different than most of the other RPG's out there

geise

Not a lot of time as of late for games, but got in some quick play time on my supergun with Metamorphic Force and Strikers 1945 Plus.  I need to post my score over at neo-geo.com.

turboswimbz

I have been playing some steam stuff

Ys Orgins
Ys1

I am missing the PCE stuff.  Ys 1/2 and 4 need to get played after this, so all is put back right in the world.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

roflmao

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 08/26/2013, 10:42 AMI am playing through Earthbound.  I loved RPG's as a kid but now as an adult I prefer fast paced arcade games (is it any wonder I flocked the Turbo? :)  )

Just love it.
I've been playing Earthbound a ton lately as well!  It's quickly becoming my favorite game for the console.  I can't stop playing it.  I'm impressed a game this quirky ever made it to the states on the snes. My characters are lvl 50-something and the game is still entertaining.

I did take a break from EB one day to play through Mysterious Song.  I made it to the final boss in one sitting (3-4 glorious hours), and then lost to him and didn't want to tackle the entire tower over again (probably 45 minutes without a chance to save) so I turned it off.  The next day, my TG-CD wouldn't spin.  I can't play ANY CD games with it now.  I've never had any problems playing CD games (legit or burned) and now it won't even spin up.  As much as I enjoy Mysterious Song, I probably won't play it again. (once I get the drive repaired) :(

munchiaz

got KOF 13 on steam. Its in beta right now, but if you purchase it, you can try out the online with the improved netcode. It plays alot better online than the console versions did. I can actually do HD combos. Also i picked up pokemon rumble U and have played that a little bit. Been playing New super mario bros Wii U on the side as well. Can't wait until the 5th so i can take my cisco test, and get to playing Killer is dead

wildfruit

just played quackshot for MD
it wasnt quite as good as i remember

VenomMacbeth

Tried a few games of Shadow Squadron on the 32x.  Normally I can beat it, but the screen flickers on my LCD & I don't currently have a good CRT with stereo input, so I G/O'd at the ganezula level...which sucks, because that's my favorite level.  Nothing like flying into the center of a giant starship & "shooting the core" :D
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

SamIAm

I just picked up Majou to Hyakkihei aka The Witch and The Hundred Knights (which is kind of a mistranslation, btw). It's an action RPG that isn't due to be released outside Japan until sometime next year.
Five hours in, I'm really enjoying myself. I might make a thread about this game later. It's got everything I like about Japanese games: It's colorful, it's light-hearted, the action is good, and the music is catchy.

wildfruit

been playing symphony of the night
seems very immersive but sometimes cryptic

SamIAm

10 hours into Majou to Hyakkihei.

This game is nuts. It really makes me wonder how they're going to approach localizing it. I've even started keeping a list of some of the most cracked out lines.

SPOILERS AHEAD

The story begins as a psychopathic witch named Metarika, who lives in a psychedelic green swamp out in the middle of nowhere, revives a long-dead spirit to do her bidding. You play as the one she revived, a kind of zombie-knight, and you help her fulfill her plan to turn the entire world into a swamp. Though you never play as the witch (so far, anyway), she's essentially the main character. The knight does exactly what she orders him to, and he never speaks. The witch can even talk to you telepathically no matter where you are.

Here's one of the weirder moments, and bear in mind, I'm still in the first of the game's five chapters.

Next to the swamp is a forest, and in that forest is another witch. For various reasons, you wind up fighting this witch as one of the first bosses. Metarika has been hell-bent on killing her for a long time, it seems.

When you beat her, there's a dramatic scene where the witch tearfully confesses that she's Metarika's mother. Metarika delights in not giving a damn, and kicks her in the chest. But right when she's about to finish her off, she stops, and turns her into a rat instead.

Then she summons three male rats. She says "Have fun, guys! I can't wait to meet my rat siblings!" and she walks away.

Cue the next scene, where Metarika is in her house enjoying a feast celebrating her victory. Her servant brings in the next course, and guess what? It's fried rat. Female rat, says the servant, and he explains that he plucked it away from three male rats, and that it looked like they had all been fighting.

Metarika eats the rat.

Digi.k

I am currently replaying Tales of Vesperia along with Animal crossing.  When I first played Vesperia back in 2008 I just thought this was a good game.  On 2nd time round I think its perhaps one of the best JRPGs this gen.  I don't usually like the tales games and certainly don't like the character designs but these are great anime looking with the cel shading.

chany60126

Been playing 8Man on the Neo Geo. :)

bartre

mix of:
Persona 3 FES (still, god damn i need to finish this game)
Warhammer 40K space marine
Persona 4 Arena
Dragon's crown
captain commando

TR0N

Quote from: TR0N on 08/26/2013, 04:45 AMPS3
Dragon's Crown:Finished it on normal and playing it on hard now.
Update finished hard mode and side quest,now playing on infernal difficulty.
IMG

munchiaz

started playing Killer is dead a few days ago. Game is really awesome, and the Gigolo missions are fun. Only issue i have so far is there is a whole lot of screen tearing. Also been playing KOF 13 steam edition, and pokemon rumble U

roflmao

My son and I have been playing Streets of Rage 2 a bunch lately.  We made it to the final boss yesterday but didn't beat him.  We're giving it another shot this afternoon. :)

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2013, 02:12 PMMy son and I have been playing Streets of Rage 2 a bunch lately.  We made it to the final boss yesterday but didn't beat him.  We're giving it another shot this afternoon. :)
my favorite beat um up

VenomMacbeth

Played some Shadow Dancer earlier on the Genesis.  MAN that game is tough!  I can only get to level 3 before I game over.  I hate the one-hit KO's -.-
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

esteban

Quote from: SamIAm on 09/03/2013, 03:50 PM10 hours into Majou to Hyakkihei.

This game is nuts. It really makes me wonder how they're going to approach localizing it. I've even started keeping a list of some of the most cracked out lines.

SPOILERS AHEAD

The story begins as a psychopathic witch named Metarika, who lives in a psychedelic green swamp out in the middle of nowhere, revives a long-dead spirit to do her bidding. You play as the one she revived, a kind of zombie-knight, and you help her fulfill her plan to turn the entire world into a swamp. Though you never play as the witch (so far, anyway), she's essentially the main character. The knight does exactly what she orders him to, and he never speaks. The witch can even talk to you telepathically no matter where you are.

Here's one of the weirder moments, and bear in mind, I'm still in the first of the game's five chapters.

Next to the swamp is a forest, and in that forest is another witch. For various reasons, you wind up fighting this witch as one of the first bosses. Metarika has been hell-bent on killing her for a long time, it seems.

When you beat her, there's a dramatic scene where the witch tearfully confesses that she's Metarika's mother. Metarika delights in not giving a damn, and kicks her in the chest. But right when she's about to finish her off, she stops, and turns her into a rat instead.

Then she summons three male rats. She says "Have fun, guys! I can't wait to meet my rat siblings!" and she walks away.

Cue the next scene, where Metarika is in her house enjoying a feast celebrating her victory. Her servant brings in the next course, and guess what? It's fried rat. Female rat, says the servant, and he explains that he plucked it away from three male rats, and that it looked like they had all been fighting.

Metarika eats the rat.
You had me at "fried rat mother"...

The only thing I can say is that this game certainly delivers when it ones to characterizing the "quirks" of the protagonist.

:pcgs:

Damn.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

Btea Killer is dead a few night ago. Really Awesome games, and all the review scores and rants i've seen about the Gigolo missions are so stupid. Not as good as No more heroes, but a good game. I'm playing it on very hard now and should have it done today. Then on to The Wonderful 101

BlueBMW

Been playing through Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast. (Dont get me started on that shameful port to the Gamecube...)  I forgot exactly how long the game was.  I'm 45 hours in and finally getting to the end stretch.   I guess the last time I fully played through it was back in high school around when the game came out.  I cant believe how much of it I had forgotten!  Easily one of my top three favorite console games.

I'd love it if they'd HD remake this one, though honestly it still looks fantastic on the Dreamcast.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc