OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

beautiful plastic(NEC consoles)

Started by awack, 05/04/2010, 01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awack

I wanted to show people how new conditioned systems look and compare. I'm using the Super Famicom for contrast, because i think its a great looking system...i just love the cardboard BG.

IMGIMG
IMGIMG
IMGIMG

My two favorite looking pc engine consoles.

IMG

Mathius

Very, VERY nice. I am jealous  :(

futurematt

Nice photos, the Duo looks great. Have been wondering whether to get the Core Grafx 2 to go with the Super CD ROM2.
My favourite set up is white PC Engine with CD Rom briefcase.
Systems: PCE white, Core Grafx, CD Rom2 / IFU30, GT, LT, Super CD Rom2. Games: Almost all the shooters and about 50 others and growing! Also into Sega Saturn and Dreamcast shooters.
For HD gaming stuff visit my You Tube channel "Ten Minute Turbo Show" at www.youtube.com/futurematt5

lord_cack

My favorite has to be the Super Grafx combo.... also the CoreGrafx 2 with Super CDROM 2... nice
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

The TurboDuo is easily the sexiest bitch of the bunch.

Quote from: lord_cack on 05/04/2010, 07:38 AMMy favorite has to be the Super Grafx combo....
A favorite in functionality, maybe; aesthetically, not so much.  That combo is one awkward, mismatched mess.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

I definitely don't understand people's predilection for the Super CD-ROM^2 add-on. It's one ugly son of a bitch. And people think the TurboBooster/Plus looks dumb....
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Arkhan Asylum

The SG + SCD mutant look like something youd toss in your pool to automatically scrub the bottom for you, lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

futurematt

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2010, 12:33 AMThe SG + SCD mutant look like something youd toss in your pool to automatically scrub the bottom for you, lol
LOL! Yes, that or an early HR Geiger model that didn't make the cut for Alien..!!
Systems: PCE white, Core Grafx, CD Rom2 / IFU30, GT, LT, Super CD Rom2. Games: Almost all the shooters and about 50 others and growing! Also into Sega Saturn and Dreamcast shooters.
For HD gaming stuff visit my You Tube channel "Ten Minute Turbo Show" at www.youtube.com/futurematt5

termis

SGX+SCD -- Yeah, I got rid of that sum'bitch as soon as I saw the "finished form".  Another vote for the TurboDuo here, though the suitcase combo is pretty darn close (especially if it had the white PCE unit).

And the superfami isn't hard on the eyes at all either.

Tatsujin

1. PCE CORE
2. PCE CORE & IFU30 & CD-ROM-ROM
3. PCE DUO
4. PCE LT
5. SGFX
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

I would gladly hook up the SG + SCD mutantoid and use it.

I dont care if it takes up 45 feet of shelf space
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

GAUGE

Man, is the SG and SCD combo as huge and as awkward as it looks? I have an SG I've been tempted to get an SCD for, but seriously, I don't think it'd fit on my shelf. I'd have to say, in my personal opinion, I've always thought the Super Famicom, Core systems and SuperGrafx are by far the best looking systems ever released.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2010, 12:33 AMThe SG + SCD mutant look like something youd toss in your pool to automatically scrub the bottom for you, lol
Actually it looks more like a vacuum.
All is well. :)

Mathius

Quote from: futurematt on 05/05/2010, 07:14 AM
LOL! Yes, that or an early HR Geiger model that didn't make the cut for Alien..!!
Ha!

I have always loved the SuperGrafx ever since I was young tyke. In its combo form, not so much. Turbo Duo wins. It almost looks like a PS3 slim, only with better games. :wink:

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

RoyVegas

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/05/2010, 12:18 PMActually it looks more like a vacuum.
Comparison shots :-k

IMG

/royvegas/Misc/SGXVacuum.jpg

lord_cack

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/05/2010, 02:08 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/05/2010, 12:18 PMActually it looks more like a vacuum.
Comparison shots :-k
IMG

/royvegas/Misc/SGXVacuum.jpg
That sucks.... 8-[  #-o  [-X
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Arkhan Asylum

OMG THATS FUNNY, CAUSE ITS A VACUUM.

:D

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

Quote from: awack on 05/04/2010, 01:24 AMIMG
Two gorgeous looking consoles  =D&gt;

on the Duo just change the power button to purple and change the text to "PC Engine DUO..." FTW!!

:D :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

RoyVegas

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/09/2010, 12:43 PMon the Duo just change the power button to purple and change the text to "PC Engine DUO..." FTW!!

Fail! =;

Joe Redifer

QuoteIMG
IMG

Also, I'd enjoy the pics more if the cardboard had some stains on it.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: RoyVegas on 05/10/2010, 12:02 AM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 05/09/2010, 12:43 PMon the Duo just change the power button to purple and change the text to "PC Engine DUO..." FTW!!

Fail!   =;
Agreed. The Turbo Duo, with the black power switch and CD release button looks much nicer than the PCE purple counterpart. The CGII Briefcase unit looks pretty slick, and the SGX w/SuperCDROM2 is definitely an oddity, but I love it. It's definitely a lost prop from Aliens. heh. The Super Famicom is a very nice simple design.

The Turbob Duo for teh winz.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

termis

Anyone who prefers purple trim on black over silver/black trim on black has definitely got some fruitiness in 'em.  :wink: Value for money, on the other hand...

IMGIMG

LMS

I'm down for the purple trim for sure. I haven't had an original Duo for a while now (switched up to an RGB mod DUO-R) but am I right in thinking it had a kinda lime green on/off switch on the front too?

Fruity perhaps but the PCE has always had a lot of flavor  :wink:

Tatsujin

me all the purples as well. does someone remember the DUO with the green button/switch set?

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/10/2010, 08:06 PMme all the purples as well. does someone remember the DUO with the green button/switch set?
I have definitely seen pictures of that.
IMG

futurematt

Someone should jam an RAU-30 between the supergrafx and SCDROM2 just to make it look even more like a vacuum cleaner LOL!!

awack

I prefer the Coregrafx instead of the white PCE, color and shape are a better match in my opinion.

IMG

Went ahead and took some shots of the turbo duo and pce duo together.

IMG
IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

The CGII does look quite nice all snuggled up to the white PCECD. I'm standing my ground on the Turbo Duo over the PCE Duo. heh

Thanks for the pics. ^^
IMG

Joe Redifer

Awack, if you want to TRULY win, put a TurboGrafx CD player in the interface unit with that CoreGrafx.  That way you get pure blackness with only a bit of white trim, just like Obama!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/12/2010, 01:40 AMAwack, if you want to TRULY win, put a TurboGrafx CD player in the interface unit with that CoreGrafx.  That way you get pure blackness with only a bit of white trim, just like Obama!
:lol:
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/10/2010, 08:06 PMme all the purples as well. does someone remember the DUO with the green button/switch set?
The font used for the US Duo kicks butt all over the Japanese font. I could respect the Japanese version if it at least used the same font... but as it is I would probably have a PC-Engine shuttle than a purple  Japanese Duo

termis

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/13/2010, 12:26 AM
The font used for the US Duo kicks butt all over the Japanese font.  I could respect the Japanese version if it at least used the same font...
You know, I was thinking the same thing too.  The PCE Duo font is kinda... ..."stale" might be the right word.

Quotebut as it is I would probably have a PC-Engine shuttle than a purple  Japanese Duo
:lol: Now I wouldn't go that far!  The Shuttle definitely seems like a kiddy toy compared to rest of the PCE/Turbo consoles (considering that was its target market!)

Anyway, this is just buncha nitpicking.  Not too big of a deal either way.  Though I prefer the look of the Turbo Duo, my setup's the PCE Duo, and I can live with the gay trim colors and the stale font.  :)

Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/10/2010, 08:06 PMdoes someone remember the DUO with the green button/switch set?
I thought all PCE Duos had the turquoise/light green power switch?  I don't think I've seen that color on the open lid button, though.

rag-time4

Quote from: termis on 05/13/2010, 02:07 AM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/13/2010, 12:26 AM
The font used for the US Duo kicks butt all over the Japanese font.  I could respect the Japanese version if it at least used the same font...
You know, I was thinking the same thing too.  The PCE Duo font is kinda... ..."stale" might be the right word.

Quotebut as it is I would probably have a PC-Engine shuttle than a purple Japanese Duo
:lol: Now I wouldn't go that far!  The Shuttle definitely seems like a kiddy toy compared to rest of the PCE/Turbo consoles (considering that was its target market!)

Anyway, this is just buncha nitpicking.  Not too big of a deal either way.  Though I prefer the look of the Turbo Duo, my setup's the PCE Duo, and I can live with the gay trim colors and the stale font.  :)
Termis, if you peek at vestcunt's thread on the sound capabilities of various PC-Engine systems you may want to reconsider. Seems the Shuttle may be able to kick out a bit more bass than the Duo!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: termis on 05/13/2010, 02:07 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 05/10/2010, 08:06 PMdoes someone remember the DUO with the green button/switch set?
I thought all PCE Duos had the turquoise/light green power switch?  I don't think I've seen that color on the open lid button, though.
For the green button, could you be thinking of the Wondermega/JVC X'eye?  I never realized how similar they looked until I just saw the Japanese PC Engine Duo.
http://ultimateconsoledatabase.com/others/jvc_xeye.htm
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)