TurboGrafx-16 CES Display

Started by jlued686, 06/02/2010, 03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlued686

I didn't see this posted anywhere. Sorry if I missed the thread.

Anyway, thought this was cool:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbografx-1991-CES-booth-display-ONE-KIND-/260610961990#ht_500wt_1154

It's the CES booth display from 1991; a 3'x2' kiosk display showing off a bunch of games. Currently, the bid is around $150. Very cool for a collector of such things.

RoyVegas

I've been watching it since the day it was posted.  I don't believe it was a CES piece, I think it was the same display you would find in stores that sold Turbo stuff...  I look forward to bidding on this one.   :twisted:
All is well. :)

henrycsc

Yeah, I was the first bidder on it.  I remember it being in Babbages - remember the flip cards vividly... now if he only has the demo discs....
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Sparky

that is really nice... would look good in my games room for sho :)
i dont know, i am thinking it is a booth display... If i am going into radio shack back then i am going for the real thing not to browse a flip book.

who knows, me likey :)

TheClash603

I'm not going over $1k for it, but right now it's a steal.

wmacmonagle

I bought this brand new with orginial shipping BOX for $120 and that seller mailed with no outer box to cover the orginial and USPS wrote some markers on the box.  I got upset but send it back to get refund.  that was about 4 months ago.

NOW THIS GOES too high! ARRGHHH lol..
that s ok thos
Arcade Line Up: UDOT, Multi-Vector Duel, Tempest Multi, Mini-Galaga, Z-Hyperspin, X360 Blast City, Spiderman Pin, 96 in 1 PacMan

NecroPhile

Did you take pictures of the box or see who it was originally sent to?  Like henry, I doubt that it was made for the CES show.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

Quote from: wmacmonagle on 06/03/2010, 01:52 PMI bought this brand new with orginial shipping BOX for $120 and that seller mailed with no outer box to cover the orginial and USPS wrote some markers on the box.  I got upset but send it back to get refund.  that was about 4 months ago.

that s ok thos
From this same seller or someone else?

henrycsc

I had contacted the seller and he claimed he had other stuff but was waiting to see how this auction went.  I predict that we need to move this thread to the "gouging much?" thread....
Wanted:

RoyVegas

Quote from: henrycsc on 06/03/2010, 04:03 PMI had contacted the seller and he claimed he had other stuff but was waiting to see how this auction went.  I predict that we need to move this thread to the "gouging much?" thread....
It's not really gouging.  He put it up for a $99 starting bid.

henrycsc

I'm talking his "other stuff" if it goes up will be based on what this sells for.... we shall see
Wanted:

Dalder

Quote from: RoyVegas on 06/03/2010, 01:59 PM
Quote from: wmacmonagle on 06/03/2010, 01:52 PMI bought this brand new with orginial shipping BOX for $120 and that seller mailed with no outer box to cover the orginial and USPS wrote some markers on the box.  I got upset but send it back to get refund.  that was about 4 months ago.

that s ok thos
From this same seller or someone else?
NAH different seller from Denver Colorado the seller relisted it and it sold in nanoseconds ! IIRC Systemfreak BOUGHT IT in no time ! I told Wmac to keep it dammit he should've kept it LOL ...

henrycsc

Insane:
Winning bid: US $986.35

I wanted it, but obviously I didn't WANT!!! it......
Wanted:

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

savageone

I was just gonna post about that, I guess it's confirmed that the seller was indeed shill bidding the hell out of that.

RoyVegas

Quote from: savageone on 06/05/2010, 12:43 AMI was just gonna post about that, I guess it's confirmed that the seller was indeed shill bidding the hell out of that.
Yeah, i was the second bidder and he sent me a second chance offer right away.  he said the winning bidder was in France and he refused to ship it there.  Yeah right

oldskool

I smell a bunch of bull shit.

henrycsc

so, do you guys think he has like 10 of these "one of a kind"  LOL
I thought it would have been steep at $200... I made an offer of $175 and it was declined immediately.  It's a neat item, but I would rather spend that kind of dough on something else.
Wanted:

Arkhan Asylum

I put up 400$ for it.  It would be a neat display thing to have some other Turbo/PCE stuff surround....

but hell If I am paying 1000$ for something I am just going to stare at.  There aren't even boobies!

It's a whole bunch of shenanigans.   Though, the France story might be true if Thibaut or someone over there won it.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Thibaut

I ask the seller before the end of the auction if he can send the parcel to France. He said yes. Then I win the auction, and now he wants to cancel it.
I am the first bidder, I pay the shipping costs, I pay all with Paypal and he wants to cancel the sell. I don´t understand.
Passionné et collectionneur PC Engine

henrycsc

That is a load Thibault.  If you confirmed with the seller that he was ok shipping outside the country, he should be required to honor that.  What's this world coming to?
Wanted:

TheClash603

Arkhan - Unlike a skin mag, it appears the pages are thick and able to take a splash.

That's why it is worth more than $400 without boobies.

esteban

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/06/2010, 08:28 AMArkhan - Unlike a skin mag, it appears the pages are thick and able to take a splash.

That's why it is worth more than $400 without boobies.
I revised that for you :)

Too bad Valis 3  isn't included in that display. It's priceless.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

BlackandBlue

Too bad, there was a brand new one of those still in box a few months ago that sold for $250 I think.  I was talking to the guy and said if he didnt get what he had the reserve set for (the $250) I'd give him $200 for it.  Im surprised this one went for so much since its used.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

RoyVegas

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 06/07/2010, 12:13 PMToo bad, there was a brand new one of those still in box a few months ago that sold for $250 I think.  I was talking to the guy and said if he didnt get what he had the reserve set for (the $250) I'd give him $200 for it.  Im surprised this one went for so much since its used.
It's all in the timing.  I can tell you if I had seen that last one I would have picked it up in a heartbeat but I didn't even know it was there.  This auction seemed to have people talking about it and drew a lot of potential buyers.  It did go for alot more than I think it would originally, actually the second time it sold was more than I expected to also.  I was figuring it would go somewhere in the $600 range.

oldskool

I wonder who got it the second time it sold.

NecroPhile

Some desert-dwelling gun-nut, I 'spect.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

RoyVegas

henrycsc

yeah, he's gonna whistle the Daryl Hannah tune from Kill Bill and then shoot it full of holes  :)
Wanted: