Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samurai Ghost

This has probably been addressed at some point, and I'm sure there's a variety of opinions on this, but it would have been a whole lot simpler if the guy had put "reproduction copy" somewhere small on the back or cover of the repro. Yeah, it would look bad but would stop a lot of people trying to sell fakes as real copies (not saying the one on eBay is fake, but it sure it overpriced...).

Colossus1574

Quote from: guest on 03/01/2012, 10:59 AM
Quote from: bartre on 03/01/2012, 10:32 AMI've actually never looked at tobias' site, what's the address?
http://ebay.hazard-city.de/sapp/xxx2.html
Err, i don't mean to offend anybody (maybe the guy selling these is a long term supporter of the TG16\PCE scene or whatever and is trying to help out guys newer to the PCE scene?) but what's the legitimacy of these supposed 25th anniversary releases? Are these just perfect copies of the original made via scanned box art and so on?

IE: is this copy of Saphire not much different then the copies that someone was selling on the forums here a few years ago? (can't remember who it was, but i think he stumbled upon 50+ copies of a duped Saphire but only sold them for $20 or something here...) sorry guys, haven't been around lately so can't quite recall  #-o

Mathius

Quote from: Colossus1574 on 03/03/2012, 07:53 PM
Quote from: bartre on 03/01/2012, 10:32 AMI've actually never looked at tobias' site, what's the address?
Err, i don't mean to offend anybody (maybe the guy selling these is a long term supporter of the TG16\PCE scene or whatever and is trying to help out guys newer to the PCE scene?) but what's the legitimacy of these supposed 25th anniversary releases? Are these just perfect copies of the original made via scanned box art and so on?

IE: is this copy of Saphire not much different then the copies that someone was selling on the forums here a few years ago? (can't remember who it was, but i think he stumbled upon 50+ copies of a duped Saphire but only sold them for $20 or something here...) sorry guys, haven't been around lately so can't quite recall  #-o
The Sapphires given away for free here came from this same guy. I had known about him for a while before contacting him about getting a complete Sapphire bootie, then passed the word on to BlueBMW who ordered a ton of loose discs which he so graciously distributed here.

I can't comment on his techniques.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mathius

NecroPhile

Quote from: turbofan1 on 03/03/2012, 10:19 PM$120 shabby copy of New Adventure Island.

Box is tore up.And if i`m not mistaken,didn`t this game come in A case?.
Nope, this was one of the latter games that came in the dumb plastic tray.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bartre

that is one of the games i've been interested in though, what's a realistic price for the new adventure island?

kakutolives

you know im relatively new to getting into retro gaming collecting (although i always bought the games when they were current gen) Is this crazy gouging always been the standard on ebay?
The Turbo Grafix and PC engine games and accessories seem to be among the worst offenders too. Also yes that is one hell of a beat up Adventure Island manual...
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

kakutolives

Quote from: bartre on 03/04/2012, 06:25 PMthat is one of the games i've been interested in though, what's a realistic price for the new adventure island?
sorry for the double post but in reply to this.
my local video game shop carries it used for 26.

source:

http://gamedude.com/turbog.html
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

VestCunt

Quote from: kakutolives on 03/04/2012, 07:13 PMyou know im relatively new to getting into retro gaming collecting (although i always bought the games when they were current gen) Is this crazy gouging always been the standard on ebay?  
No.  It's a recent thing.  One big factor is that ebay auctions have been dried up and eclipsed by BIN listings, making it a sellers' market.  Combine this with the retro craze/advertising explosion in the form of youtube reviewers, retro magazines, the Virtual Console, etc, and the prices skyrocket.

Some subtle Ebay changes are exacerbating the problem:  1)  they seem to have shortened their time frame for "completed listing" searches, which makes it harder for buyers to interpret prices for rarely-listed items, and 2) they now educate clueless sellers with suggested prices for similar listings.  Of course, hopeful sellers are quick to get dollar signs in their eyes and miss the fact that their particular beat-up cartridge doesn't include the box and manual that drove other sales.

QuoteThe Turbo Grafix and PC engine games and accessories seem to be among the worst offenders too.
It's happening all over.  Prices for late-period NES games like Bonk and Snow Brothers have gone out-of-sight in just the last year.  Same with boxed GB games.  For the 3DO, Lucienne's Quest was going for $50-150 last spring and now one just auctioned for $700+.  I'm even seeing expensive SMS games for the first time.
Quotesource:
http://gamedude.com/turbog.html
They list it for $26.  IME, Gamedude rarely has a huge TG selection.
Topic Adjourned.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 03/04/2012, 08:04 PMIt's happening all over.  Prices for late-period NES games like Bonk and Snow Brothers have gone out-of-sight in just the last year.  Same with boxed GB games.  For the 3DO, Lucienne's Quest was going for $50-150 last spring and now one just auctioned for $700+.  I'm even seeing expensive SMS games for the first time.
Yep, it's an across the board case of retro game inflation. It's not just TurboGrafx stuff.
--DragonmasterDan

Samurai Ghost

Yeah this is why I'm picking up as many games as I can at reasonable prices these days.  
True, I might resell a few one day, but I just want to get them before it will mean dropping $100+ per title for sought-after games (which is already happening).

JapanTokei

actually if we pause for a moment and reflect, some price inflation is reasonable.  I mean PCE/TG stuff is coming up on 25+ years old.  minty condition ones are def tough to come by.  add in the fact some of these titles are legitimately tough to find in the first place since TG died early in the US and some obsucure PCE titles were, well obscure to begin with.  Add in money de-valuation, and general appreciation of re-tro gaming to the masses, yea, it's not surprising to see the prices rising.

what's surprising me is that just 2 years ago, when we were coming out of the great recession in beginning of 2009, I was able to get a complete LaserActive + Sega + PCE modules + games and laserdiscs for freaking 25000 yen on yahoo jp.  and I DID get crazy bundles for 20000 yen for tons of hardware and games that now go for double easily.  the change in 2 years is amazing.  glad I got back into collecting/playing at the time I did.   

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 03/05/2012, 04:59 AMYeah this is why I'm picking up as many games as I can at reasonable prices these days. 
True, I might resell a few one day, but I just want to get them before it will mean dropping $100+ per title for sought-after games (which is already happening).

Turbotracks

I agree that many prices are very fair, but some games have skyrocketed in the last couple of years. I can't imagine how much I will have to pay when I replace my copy of Terraforming. I blame both greedy sellers and buyrers that don't do their homework. There is a listing for $300 for a Bonk 3 manual on eBay right now. The manual only! That to me is ridiculous and if a clueless collector with a ton of money pays that it will drive prices. This is why I prefer to buy in bulk. Anybody selling collections?
Thunderbolts first down!

VestCunt

Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/05/2012, 11:17 AMactually if we pause for a moment and reflect, some price inflation is reasonable.  I mean PCE/TG stuff is coming up on 25+ years old.  minty condition ones are def tough to come by.  add in the fact some of these titles are legitimately tough to find in the first place since TG died early in the US and some obsucure PCE titles were, well obscure to begin with.  Add in money de-valuation, and general appreciation of re-tro gaming to the masses, yea, it's not surprising to see the prices rising.
I understand that price inflation is inevitable and I can accept that.  My beef lies with the following three trends:

1)  Kids who grew up playing Pokemon and PS2 that get into retro gaming and decide to go for complete collections.  Yes, the late Eighties/early Nineties were an awesome time for video games.  If you missed it, go ahead, buy some games and experience them on the original hardware.  No problem.  What I can't wrap my head around is why these kids decide they need to buy every last shovel-ware game and movie license for a system and/or complete copies of each game.  Why someone with neither a prior investment nor nostalgia would spend so much money confounds me.  I don't know how old most of you guys are, so no offense to present company, but if I may vent a bit: why can't these fuckers live in their own generation?  Why do they have to go back and buy MY toys?  I never bought up Atari 2600 games and Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because I didn't grow up with that shit.  Which brings me to...

2)  The fact that the term "retro gaming" even exists.  I've been playing the same six consoles since 1996, but for some reason I've become a "retro gamer."  Fuck that.  I'm a TurboGrafx/SMS/NES/SNES/N64/3DO gamer.  A term that refers to dozens of different video game systems is meaningless and stupid.  I'm not interested in the the Gameboy, the Neo Geo, the Saturn, PC gaming, or any Atari systems and I never will be.  I can see the appeal in SOME of these systems, but seriously, who in their right mind would want to embark on a Saturn or Neo Geo collection in 2012?  Talk about missing the boat.  I'm OK with people owning a lot of consoles to pick up some choice games or because of series loyalty (e.g. Castlevania fanatics), but that still doesn't explain the deluge of bozos desperately trying to collect whole libraries.  The systems I've owned since my teens have more than enough games to keep me blowing my discretionary income for the rest of my life.

EDIT:  In the interest of full disclosure, I did buy a $3 Genesis at Goodwill so I can play Warriors of the Eternal Sun, but that's because I'm a Dungeons and Dragons Mystara gamer, not a Genesis gamer.

3)  Ebay's influence on the market (q.v.).
Topic Adjourned.

Sadler

SMF

Quote from: Turbotracks on 03/05/2012, 11:59 AMI agree that many prices are very fair, but some games have skyrocketed in the last couple of years. I can't imagine how much I will have to pay when I replace my copy of Terraforming. I blame both greedy sellers and buyrers that don't do their homework. There is a listing for $300 for a Bonk 3 manual on eBay right now. The manual only! That to me is ridiculous and if a clueless collector with a ton of money pays that it will drive prices. This is why I prefer to buy in bulk. Anybody selling collections?
Lol I've seen that Bonk 3 manuel on ebay for a few years now. It drops in price now and again. This seller really has no idea that you can get a complete game for cheaper then what he's asking for a book lol. I've seen a Bonk 3 manuel auction for around $70 a few years ago. So to me he's looking for that one impolsive gamer that REALLY needs that Manuel lol.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

bartre

Quote from: guest on 03/05/2012, 01:17 PM1)  Kids who grew up playing Pokemon and PS2 that get into retro gaming and decide to go for complete collections.  Yes, the late Eighties/early Nineties were an awesome time for video games.  If you missed it, go ahead, buy some games and experience them on the original hardware.  No problem.  What I can't wrap my head around is why these kids decide they need to buy every last shovel-ware game and movie license for a system and/or complete copies of each game.  Why someone with neither a prior investment nor nostalgia would spend so much money confounds me.  I don't know how old most of you guys are, so no offense to present company, but if I may vent a bit: why can't these fuckers live in their own generation?  Why do they have to go back and buy MY toys?  I never bought up Atari 2600 games and Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots because I didn't grow up with that shit.  Which brings me to...

2)  The fact that the term "retro gaming" even exists.  I've been playing the same six consoles since 1996, but for some reason I've become a "retro gamer."  Fuck that.  I'm a TurboGrafx/SMS/NES/SNES/N64/3DO gamer.  A term that refers to dozens of different video game systems is meaningless and stupid.  I'm not interested in the the Gameboy, the Neo Geo, the Saturn, PC gaming, or any Atari systems and I never will be.  I can see the appeal in SOME of these systems, but seriously, who in their right mind would want to embark on a Saturn or Neo Geo collection in 2012?  Talk about missing the boat.  I'm OK with people owning a lot of consoles to pick up some choice games or because of series loyalty (e.g. Castlevania fanatics), but that still doesn't explain the deluge of bozos desperately trying to collect whole libraries.  The systems I've owned since my teens have more than enough games to keep me blowing my discretionary income for the rest of my life.

EDIT:  In the interest of full disclosure, I did buy a $3 Genesis at Goodwill so I can play Warriors of the Eternal Sun, but that's because I'm a Dungeons and Dragons Mystara gamer, not a Genesis gamer.

3)  Ebay's influence on the market (q.v.).
I do agree with you on most points, the complete set thing is kind of ridiculous, I've talked with multiple people who are trying, or have, complete sets of games for all of their systems( maybe 15% of the games actually get played)

MY biggest thing is why go back to something from before you ever experienced it?  admittedly, like half of the reason I play older games is for the nostalgia, IMO most NES games are shit.

SMF

I can see if as a kid you owned that system and you still have it and you always wanted (insert game here) you pick it up. But just to own everygame on a NES, SNES, Sega etc is becomming a joke. Ill admit I wanna own every TG-16 game released and I don't see that as a problem. I still play and enjoy my TG-16 games to this day. I WON'T however spend $1000s on a game just because IT WILL COMPLETE MY COLLECTION.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Senshi

That's such a crazy investment. Even if each game is $1.00 for TG-16 and PCE that's still around $1000. Still a lot of money.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Turbotracks

Unfortunately for us true fans of the games and systems the late eighties/early nineties is what's "cool" in gaming now.  I am old enough to remember my parents buying a Coleco Telstar new from a local dept. store. I have no problem with the younger gamers playing vintage systems. In fact, just a couple of weeks ago I helped a 14 year old choose a couple of 2600 games at a local shop. I do agree that buying just to have every title is what's driving prices, and it makes no sense to me either. I admit, my goal is a complete US Turbo collection. I was three titles away about four or five years ago and I sold some and lost a lot to flood damage. Much of them will cost me an arm and a leg to replace now because of the industry, (sealed Hero Tonma, complete Bonk 3, and a few others I still miss having). I was hoping things like VC and MSL Arcade would lower prices but it did the exact opposite.  I still make time to play my Duo on a weekly basis, and yes, 75% of the games on NES were crap, even back then.
Thunderbolts first down!

PunkCryborg

I keep hearing people complaing  like it's all the new people and the kids driving prices up cause it's cool. I think it's the opposite though, I think it's the people who had it when they were younger and now have real jobs and money to blow on them now. I go on other gaming forums like Racketboy where there's a lot of noobs just getting into retro stuff that's all cool and new to them and those are the people praising the VC and emulation and mainly buying cheap carts.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: bartre on 03/05/2012, 03:06 PMMY biggest thing is why go back to something from before you ever experienced it?  admittedly, like half of the reason I play older games is for the nostalgia, IMO most NES games are shit.
Well, as far as individual games go, I can explain that a bit. There's a lot of games I always wanted to play when I was younger, but being a child I didn't have the financial resources to obtain all of them. There's also another factor, there's lots of people I know who have games they have nostalgia for, or wanted to play. It's nice to be able to go right to my shelf and find whatever game myself or someone else always wanted to experience but hadn't.

So over time of using money I have put away for entertainment purposes I built up a complete NES collection. Not all of the games are great, but there's even fun to be had in having friends over and watching them struggle with Silver Surfer, or become frusturated as hell with Rocky and Bullwinkle.

With that said, when I finished my licensed US NES collection a few years ago, prices were significantly lower than they are now and I managed to find some very valuable games at dirt cheap prices allowing me to complete such a collection. But there is a reason to go back and play games and even systems you never experienced.
--DragonmasterDan

Colossus1574

This current topic can be a little concerning but quite interesting as well.
I find it's BOTH parties contributing to the "collectible resale" prices of these older games. You got the newer/younger crowd getting into collecting stuff they believe are the roots and part of the history of video games. And you also have the party who's enjoyed these games and consoles in the past and have now gotten a steady job and can pay some money to grab back some of those good feelings they enjoyed back in the day. And on top of that, you got the Ebay seller mentality of trying to get the most for their item...unfotunately there's not much we can do. Just hope gamers and collectors educate themselves with sites like "PCEFX" and not pay the stupid prices and drive the market up for no legit reason.

And I'M SORRY but i refuse to say that 75% of the games for the NES was crap...maybe 60% is more where i'd put it  :-"  I lived the whole rise and fall of the NES era, yes there were oodles of plain average games...but u still couldn't call them crap, haha.  30% were great titles, another 40% probably fell in the average category, then 30% crap?

Quote from: Mathius on 03/03/2012, 08:27 PM
Quote from: Colossus1574 on 03/03/2012, 07:53 PM

The Sapphires given away for free here came from this same guy. I had known about him for a while before contacting him about getting a complete Sapphire bootie, then passed the word on to BlueBMW who ordered a ton of loose discs which he so graciously distributed here.

I can't comment on his techniques.
Thanks for correcting my memory Mathius  #-o
Haha, my apologies to BlueBMW for confusing he was selling them when he was just charging for shipping  =D>
Did those copies play perfectly fine? shit, guess i snoozed on those!

tggodfrey

Ask yourself this.........How many 25 and younger people have 1000.00+ for one video game?
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

bartre

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/05/2012, 05:15 PM
Quote from: bartre on 03/05/2012, 03:06 PMMY biggest thing is why go back to something from before you ever experienced it?  admittedly, like half of the reason I play older games is for the nostalgia, IMO most NES games are shit.
Well, as far as individual games go, I can explain that a bit. There's a lot of games I always wanted to play when I was younger, but being a child I didn't have the financial resources to obtain all of them. There's also another factor, there's lots of people I know who have games they have nostalgia for, or wanted to play. It's nice to be able to go right to my shelf and find whatever game myself or someone else always wanted to experience but hadn't.

So over time of using money I have put away for entertainment purposes I built up a complete NES collection. Not all of the games are great, but there's even fun to be had in having friends over and watching them struggle with Silver Surfer, or become frusturated as hell with Rocky and Bullwinkle.

With that said, when I finished my licensed US NES collection a few years ago, prices were significantly lower than they are now and I managed to find some very valuable games at dirt cheap prices allowing me to complete such a collection. But there is a reason to go back and play games and even systems you never experienced.
well, more my point was "why go back to before your generation?"
i get buying a game you never got the chance to play, but why go back to something you never heard of when you were younger?
for me, the NES is even hard to get into, let alone most of the atari stuff.

Colossus1574

Quote from: bartre on 03/05/2012, 11:19 PMwell, more my point was "why go back to before your generation?"
i get buying a game you never got the chance to play, but why go back to something you never heard of when you were younger?
for me, the NES is even hard to get into, let alone most of the atari stuff.
Haha, yah, the Atari stuff might be harder to get into...but the NES? So many memorable characters came from this one console.
Hmm, some might argue the games are too basic or repetitive to revisit, but I'll always have time along memory lane for Mario, Link, Simon, Ryu (Hayabusa), Samus, Bill & Lance, MegaMan, etc.  :dance:  Who knows, maybe i was just a Nintendo nut...

tggodfrey

I had the Telestar arcade when I was young (atually it was my fathers) and I cant see getting back into that thing!  Now his Oddysee 2.....yeah but not to spend much money on it!
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

JapanTokei

I'm  with the camp re:  going back to get games only of which I played/had exposure to.  For me that included the Famicom, Sega SMS, and TG/PCE.  Soem Genesis titles too but I was a bystander on that system, doggly standing by my doomed belief TG-16 was going to win the 16 bit wars, lols.  well they did in the end in the retro scene at least!!  :) 

Even with just 3 systems, I find collecting for the sake of collecting can be neverending and quickly take up all the space in the house.  I focus on PCE now pretty much, and even that with my new son I'm forcing myself to not many duplicate hardware and software.. hence why I've been selling off my dups here and there.  Despite all that, I've built up a nice little collection that brings me a smile any day just looking at the games and all the memories associated with them and that's priceless.   (though I say "priceless" with a tough stance on uncontrolled binge buying... case in point 2 days ago I could have picked up a gem minty Madou Monogatari with spine and reg card for $173 (14000 yen), but ended up letting it go..argh, hope I don't regret it). 

NecroPhile

I don't have a problem with younger guys getting games from before their time (whether you grew up with 'em or not, fun games are fun games); my problem lies with those that GOTTA HAVE IT NAO!, amassing a huge collection in a few months.  That's what's driving up prices, and it's not just the younger guys that lack patience.

kakutolives

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2012, 11:00 AMI don't have a problem with younger guys getting games from before their time (whether you grew up with 'em or not, fun games are fun games); my problem lies with those that GOTTA HAVE IT NAO!, amassing a huge collection in a few months.  That's what's driving up prices, and it's not just the younger guys that lack patience.
pretty much this!
I am actually happy when younger kids try older games. God knows how annoyed i get when today's kids say that older games suck because of "zomgrafics"

NecroPhile

$599 + $4 shipping for Keith Courage.  Please tell me it's a typo or something.  ](*,)

Turbotracks

I laughed hysterically when I saw that Keith Courage mostly because of my recent participation in this thread. Had we not been discussing gouging I probably would just shake my head. BTW, as much as i love my NES I thought I was being generous by saying it had almost 200 good games.  :-#
Thunderbolts first down!

BigusSchmuck

I find it ironic that the games I wanted as a kid go the same price as they do now if not more so. This should be a wakeup call to everyone to start creating more bootlegged pressed copies!

kakutolives

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 03/06/2012, 09:41 PMI find it ironic that the games I wanted as a kid go the same price as they do now if not more so. This should be a wakeup call to everyone to start creating more bootlegged pressed copies!
the problem with that is people will try to sell them as "new condition" originals far more often than they do now.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2012, 04:18 PM$599 + $4 shipping for Keith Courage.  Please tell me it's a typo or something.  ](*,)
Looks like it was brought back down to $5.99

Frank_fjs

Quote from: guest on 03/06/2012, 11:00 AMI don't have a problem with younger guys getting games from before their time (whether you grew up with 'em or not, fun games are fun games); my problem lies with those that GOTTA HAVE IT NAO!, amassing a huge collection in a few months.  That's what's driving up prices, and it's not just the younger guys that lack patience.
+1. Especially to the ones with mummy & daddy's credit card.

kakutolives

nat

That stinker has been around for years and years. I'm actually somewhat surprised to see someone still trying to sell a copy. They always use that "stock" image of it, too, nobody ever uses an actual photo of the item. Makes me wonder if it even actually comes in a case like that, or if you just get a loose CD-R. Almost seems like a Photoshop mockup.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

esteban

Quote from: nat on 03/19/2012, 01:39 AMThat stinker has been around for years and years. I'm actually somewhat surprised to see someone still trying to sell a copy. They always use that "stock" image of it, too, nobody ever uses an actual photo of the item. Makes me wonder if it even actually comes in a case like that, or if you just get a loose CD-R. Almost seems like a Photoshop mockup.
Yes, and I seem to remember it is always someone from England selling that crap (at least, 5-8+ years ago it was). Sad, sad, sad.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 03/01/2012, 10:04 AM
Quote from: kakutolives on 02/29/2012, 10:39 PMhmm even if it is authentic, isnt 900 dollars a wee bit much :P. Still Gouging amirite?
It certainly is. 

And on second thought, it might well be a fake.  The ones Tobias shows on his site now look to have more accurate coloring, but the disc is still different; perhaps that's why this guy is adamant that it shouldn't be opened.
I finally got my copy of the latest Sapphire bootleg. The first thing that stands out from that auction is that this fake and the current versions of SFZ and Rockman all do not have a peel away strip. Although the suit is more purple looking in the purple spots and the screen shots on the back are lined up better, looking at this on its own it looks noticeably lower quality that the original batch. The spine card has some bleeding and everything looks like it was printed on non-glossy paper with an ink jet printer. Not literally, it just has that kind of pale non-glossy finish. Still a very nice replica if you want something like this, but all the more easy to immediately spot as fake. He even through in a spare loose disc of Sapphire, which looks like a non-cdr version and doesn't appear misprinted in any way.

So, that auction seems to not be from the original or recent batch of fakes, but since the original boots showed the world an easy way to get rich quick, there may very well be any number of different fakes from different sources out there. So be very careful when looking for a real one.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

SuperPlay

Mathius

BigusSchmuck

Considering the Japanese version is soooo much cheaper (got mine for like $10) these people really like to try to get literally hundreds of dollars for these "rare" games.

Samurai Ghost

Speaking of the Sapphire bootlegs, someone is making a killing selling them on YAJ along with Megaman and Space Fantasy Zone. You'd think people would catch on when he is posting the same copies of the same sealed rare games every week, which all happen to be bootlegged, but they always end up going for around $250+....

kakutolives

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 04/04/2012, 10:07 PMSpeaking of the Sapphire bootlegs, someone is making a killing selling them on YAJ along with Megaman and Space Fantasy Zone. You'd think people would catch on when he is posting the same copies of the same sealed rare games every week, which all happen to be bootlegged, but they always end up going for around $250+....
seriously that is BS. but you know what? if people want to rip themselves off and then damage the market by inflating it, so be it. :(