OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

I will only pay obnoxious amounts for certain games.

Namely: Ultima/Wizardry/M&M games

but even those, I have a sanity limit.

Like when Ultima II on C64 went for 800$

No fuckin thanks.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

KingofGames

Vintage PC collecting is about as bad as the NES. Check out this copy of Zork for the TRS-80 that sold yesterday:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zork-The-Great-Underground-Empire-Part-I-Infocom-TRS-80-Barbarian-version-/251043362736?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7359b7b0

I stumbled across a crazy PC collection last year. Included in the lot were copies of Martian Dreams, Savage Empire, Stygian Abyss, Labyrinth of Worlds, Black Gate, Forge of Virtue, False Prophet, Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord, Return of Werdna and many other classic PC titles. The majority of the titles were boxed with all inserts. I still have about half of the games left, but most of the popular stuff has since been sold or traded. I do still have a few Ultima titles left though.

BlueBMW

Fortunately Ive already got 99% of the old PC games ill ever want.  Someday Ill take pics of all my pc stuff...it outnumbers all my console stuff.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

soop

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2012, 11:04 AM
Quote from: kamiboy on 04/25/2012, 10:49 AMI only very rarely pay over 100 for games and only when I know I will love it, so a genuine copy of Sapphire is out of the question. I was mainly referring to the repro price.
That's really not all that bad - complete copy for $65 shipped or loose disc for $13 shipped.  If you do get a loose one (purchased or raffled), you can always print your own inserts or see if Sparky has any left.
Sparky has Sapphire inserts?  I'd like a whole case actually, it doesn't stand out quite enough in the plastic.
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Arkhan Asylum

KingOfGames, when are you going to stop flailing around on eBay and bringing your findings here to justify gouging?

To be honest, that Zork is worth every penny.  Vintage boxed computer games from the 80s are all worth the prices they fetch.

Those are truly rare, historical pieces of gaming AND computing history.  They didn't make a ton of them in the first place.  There are barely any left in great shape today, and some of those don't even actually work due to floppy-fail.

Since you're mentioning a great collection of PC games that you got and subsequently hocked instead of playing and experiencing, what ones do you have left?

Are you going to ask retarded prices for them.   Stumbling across the collection implies you didn't pay much of anything for the stuff.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

KingofGames

I have two copies of Black Gate, one copy of Serpent Isle, one copy of Labyrinth of Worlds. I have a bunch of old SSI and AD&D stuff. Some of it is CD based, while some is floppy based. I'll post pics of the collection before I pieced it out and try to come up with a list of the remaining stuff. I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $350. I set up my dad's old PC in an effort to check out some of the games, but they either had issues when loading or were corrupt to begin with. I got about 5 minutes into Martian Dreams before it crashed on me, heh.

Arkhan Asylum

Given your experience, I wonder if the real problem is the computer was not configured properly.

I found a sealed copy of Black Gate for 5$ at the good will.

I opened it and played it, like a boss.

What you have just posted further proves you're more of a moneybags dickhead than a gamer.   You got a quite amazing collection of vintage CRPGs for a steal, and pieced it out for $$ instead.

You're the most defective collector I've ever seen, I think.   How old are you, anyway?

KingofGames

Ok, I found a list of the games I had at one point. There are definitely some missing, but here it is:

AD&D: Birthright
AD&D: Dark Sun -- Shattered Lands
AD&D: DragonLance Collection
AD&D: Drak Sun -- Wake of the Ravager
AD&D: Eye of the Beholder II
AD&D: Eye of the Beholder III
AD&D: Menzoberranzan
AD&D: Planescape Torment
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of the Amn CE
Che: Guerilla in Bolivia
Conquest of Camelot: The Search for the Grail
Darklands
Darkseed II
Fallout
Fallout 2
Fallout 3 promo
Fallout Tactics
Full Throttle Special Edition
Grim Fandango
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Lands of Lore
Lands of Lore III
Legends of Valour
Might & Magic Archives, The Ultimate
Might & Magic: Platinum Edition
Planet's Edge
Prophecy of the Shadow
Realms of Arkania Trilogy
Silent Hill 2
Sorcerian
Syndicate: The Hit Squad
Syndicate Wars
System Shock
The Witcher
Thunderscape
Ultima Collection
Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds
Ultima Underworld II: Labyrinth of Worlds
Ultima Underworld: Stygian Abyss
Ultima VI: The False Prophet
Ultima VII, The Complete
Ultima VII: Black Gate
Ultima VII: Black Gate
Ultima VII: Forge of Virtue
Ultima VII: Forge of Virtue
Ultima VII: Silver Seed
Ultima VII: The Complete Collection
Ultima VIII: Pagan
Ultimate RPG Archives
Ultimate Wizardry Archives
Veil of Darkness
Vengeance of Excalibur
Windows Vista Home Premium
Wing Commander II
Wizard & Warriors
Wizardry Gold
Wizardry IV: The Return of Werdna
Wizardry: Nemesis
Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord
Worlds of Ultima II: Martian Dreams (complete)
Worlds of Ultima II: Martian Dreams
Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire

Bernie

Why the heck you list them here?  Start your own thread man.

Arkhan Asylum

The fact that you took a collection such as this and parted it out makes me wonder if you're really a collector.

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2012, 01:03 PMThe fact that you took a collection such as this and parted it out makes me wonder if you're really a collector.
He's not.  :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/24/2012, 04:21 PMYou say that as if the praise isnt deserved. The NES is home to many of the best franchises that are still around to this day. Where would we be as gamers without Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Mega Man, Metal Gear, Kirby, Donkey Kong, and so many others. I respect the TG-16, but let's be serious. Without Nintendo, we wouldn't be here discussing the TG-16.
I never said all NES games. They don't deserve credit for inventing games either. Let's be serious, even some of the games you listed have flaws that would get games on other consoles criticized.

I don't want to derail this thread further, since you've already jumped to some radical conclusions, but to answer your later post, Simon's Quest, Ninja Gaiden off the top of my head share some of Night Creatures' imperfections... and now that you've reminded me, Metal Gear too.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Also, Metal Gear and Dragon Warrior are MSX first.

They succeeded there before the NES.

KingofGames

I still have probably half of those games remaining. When I bought that lot, I was using funds that needed to be replenished. Not immediately, but I couldn't go about dropping hundreds of dollars on games and not make anything back. Unfortunately, it was the way I had to collect for years and years. Grim Fandango is one of my favorite PC games. It was also one of the first I sold because of it's popularity. I've owned two boxed copies of Fallout in the past year. I sold them both, even though it's one of my favorite gaming series. Money has always come first. Like I said, if resources weren't an issue, I would keep everything I purchase.

Arkhan Asylum

They must not be your favorites if you resell them.

You said you work.   Save your money and buy games.  Keep them.

You're the worst collector ever, lol

what are you doing with all those PC games besides trying to make $$ on them

Ill give you <350$ for whats left.  Whatever percent is left, I will pay that much of 350$.

Seems fair.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2012, 01:13 PMAlso, Metal Gear and Dragon Warrior are MSX first.

They succeeded there before the NES.
Ehh, Dragon Quest was on Famicom and then ported to MSX. Not the other way around.
--DragonmasterDan

kakutolives

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2012, 09:02 AMYeah.  He's charging stupid-retarded amounts for these things.

The sapphires are at least pressed.

Were the Rockman ones?  Or are they just high quality CD-Rs that amount to 50 cents each.
Sapphire is pressed but Rockman and Space phantasy zone are Sony DADC cd-r's or something like that. from what I understand DADC discs are like the next best things to pressed discs or something
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/25/2012, 01:27 PMEhh, Dragon Quest was on Famicom and then ported to MSX. Not the other way around.
I was under the impression they succeeded there first, despite not existing there first.   Something like "oh, hey, that games really popular! Oh, its already been out for the Famicom, maybe I should check it out!"

What do any of us know though, we weren't around for it, lol.

PikachuWarrior

He does the same thing on gametz. More power to him though. I don't have the time or patience to hunt for stuff and then to only end up reselling them in the end
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

If i scored that lot of CRPGs for 350$, I would be too busy blowing my load all over the place to try reselling.

This guy comes off as some like, 20 year old tard that thinks Win98 is retro

KingofGames

The NES was my first system. I've been gaming since the late 80's/early 90's. I am, first and foremost, a fan. However, I have no problem turning my hobby into money. I bought a lot of 560 NES games last year and sold every last one. I was able to pay off my car and a significant portion of my student loan debt. I had to work four months at my last job (part-time) before I made as much as I did from that haul. Gaming has provided me with so much more than just entertainment. The people who purchased my games were ecstatic too, because they were able to add to their collections. I cut some fantastic deals. Eventually, I'll be in their shoes, gladly overpaying for a piece of my childhood.

Arkhan Asylum

So ....that would mean you will eventually be at a net loss, as you are planning to rebuy things you are selling.  Good job.

so you up for the PC game collection deal?  Assuming you have 30% of the games left, id owe you like 105 bucks plus shipping.

That sounds like a fantastic deal to me.

KingofGames

I won't rebuy in the same bulk, that's for certain. I mean, who knows. Five years from now, I might not have any interest at all in gaming stuff. Right now, I still do. In any case, I'll let you know what I have and we can go from there. They are just taking up space in the garage, so we can likely come to an agreement.

Arkhan Asylum

KingofGames

Of course, like I said, I'll post pics of what's left and also of what I originally had when I get home. Imageshack is blocked at work, otherwise I'd do it right now.

VestCunt

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 01:14 PMLike I said, if resources weren't an issue, I would keep everything I purchase.
What?  You think you're the only person on the planet with limited cash? You're talking to a forum full of people who have, more or less, held on to a copy of every TG16 game they've ever owned.

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 02:22 PMFive years from now, I might not have any interest at all in gaming stuff.
What a fucking poser.

And you still didn't answer how old you are.
Topic Adjourned.

KingofGames

The only reason I got into gaming was because my father was a gamer. He owned an Atari, then the NES that I played with. Guess how often he plays games today? Wanna take a guess the last time he played a video game? All I'm saying is that my interests might change. I can't say with any certainty that I will give one single shit about games five years from now.

Arkhan Asylum

Says the king of games.

You aren't a gamer if you stop having an interest in games. 

how old are you?

KingofGames

I have no age. I simply exist. But seriously, I'm 27. Also, it's just a nickname. I doubt Necromancer can actually summon the dead.

CrackTiger

Quote from: kakutolives on 04/25/2012, 01:37 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/25/2012, 09:02 AMYeah.  He's charging stupid-retarded amounts for these things.

The sapphires are at least pressed.

Were the Rockman ones?  Or are they just high quality CD-Rs that amount to 50 cents each.
Sapphire is pressed but Rockman and Space phantasy zone are Sony DADC cd-r's or something like that. from what I understand DADC discs are like the next best things to pressed discs or something
Sapphire was pressed and eventually sold out. The latest round of Sapphires are likely the same type of cdr as the current SFZ and Rockman bootlegs.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 02:45 PMI have no age. I simply exist. But seriously, I'm 27. Also, it's just a nickname. I doubt Necromancer can actually summon the dead.
lol.  Yes he can.

He's also a robot.

Also, I find it funny that you have to keep hocking goods to get other goods.  I don't have this issue, and I am younger than you are.

KingofGames

Thems the breaks. I don't HAVE to do that any longer, but it's hard to break away from that logic when you've used it for years. Every time I see Soldier Blade sitting on my shelf, I feel guilty. I see a stack of cash. I absolutely do not need to sell it, but I know I won't play it nearly enough to justify having it sit there looking pretty. I can put the $200+ to better use and still play the game on my Wii if I ever feel the urge.

Arkhan Asylum

I don't get it.  Money is useless.  Toys are better.

nectarsis

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 03:22 PMThems the breaks. I don't HAVE to do that any longer, but it's hard to break away from that logic when you've used it for years. Every time I see Soldier Blade sitting on my shelf, I feel guilty. I see a stack of cash. I absolutely do not need to sell it, but I know I won't play it nearly enough to justify having it sit there looking pretty. I can put the $200+ to better use and still play the game on my Wii if I ever feel the urge.
I swore I heard it was a $400 game??

*with $12 shipping LMAO*
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/25/2012, 03:04 PMSapphire was pressed and eventually sold out. The latest round of Sapphires are likely the same type of cdr as the current SFZ and Rockman bootlegs.
No shit?  Has anyone here bought one recently?

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 03:22 PMEvery time I see Soldier Blade sitting on my shelf, I feel guilty. I see a stack of cash. I absolutely do not need to sell it, but I know I won't play it nearly enough to justify having it sit there looking pretty. I can put the $200+ to better use and still play the game on my Wii if I ever feel the urge.
Give me a break!  You know damn well that you never intended to keep the game and bought it only for a chance to make a buck.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

KingofGames

That's not true, though. Everything I buy, I tell myself I'm going to keep. I made a trade with a friend of mine last year for 6-8 beautiful SNES games that I swore to myself I wouldn't sell. I went out and bought about 15-20 additional games (Demon's Crest, Dracula X, Batman & Robin, Final Fantasy III, Lufia II, etc.). Several months later, they were all gone. I just sold a copy of Little Samson on the NES. I battled with myself almost daily on whether I should keep or sell it.

nectarsis

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 03:35 PMThat's not true, though. Everything I buy, I tell myself I'm going to keep.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

KingofGames

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/25/2012, 03:27 PM
Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 03:22 PMThems the breaks. I don't HAVE to do that any longer, but it's hard to break away from that logic when you've used it for years. Every time I see Soldier Blade sitting on my shelf, I feel guilty. I see a stack of cash. I absolutely do not need to sell it, but I know I won't play it nearly enough to justify having it sit there looking pretty. I can put the $200+ to better use and still play the game on my Wii if I ever feel the urge.

*with $12 shipping LMAO*
The auction is still running, so the final price remains to be seen. Will it be less funny if it is bid up to $400?

nectarsis

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 03:40 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 04/25/2012, 03:27 PM

*with $12 shipping LMAO*
The auction is still running, so the final price remains to be seen. Will it be less funny if it is bid up to $400?
No, then I feel (somewhat) badly for whatever dumbass so vastly overpayed...especially to a moneygrubbing shill like you (who tries to add insult to injury with ridiculous shipping).

P.S.  We won't even get into the chances of shill bidding....

Sadler

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2012, 03:31 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/25/2012, 03:04 PMSapphire was pressed and eventually sold out. The latest round of Sapphires are likely the same type of cdr as the current SFZ and Rockman bootlegs.
No shit?  Has anyone here bought one recently?
I bought one recently. He actually shipped two copies, one with case and spine and manual, one just in a sleeve. I had one of the older, miscolored ones but I sent it to T2K so I can't compare side by side. I can however compare what the bottom of the disc looks like to SFZ. I haven't bothered looking, but I will when I get home. I did actually ask him this time around if Sapphire was pressed. Here was his response:

QuoteHi,

just to confirm it, yes, Sapphire's complete with manual. And yes,
the Sapphire discs are pressed.
For the curious, I bought one of this most recent run because it actually has a manual and the last one I bought did not.

KingofGames

Shipping is free.

http://item.ebay.com/300699994734

If the original listing had a shipping charge, that was a mistake.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Sadler on 04/25/2012, 03:45 PMI bought one recently. He actually shipped two copies, one with case and spine and manual, one just in a sleeve. I had one of the older, miscolored ones but I sent it to T2K so I can't compare side by side. I can however compare what the bottom of the disc looks like to SFZ. I haven't bothered looking, but I will when I get home.
Thanks, Sadler.  Take a good look at the hub.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Its fucking HuCard

not HUCard

not HU-Card

not huCARD

HuCard.

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

KingofGames

Quote from: guest on 04/25/2012, 05:11 PMIts fucking HuCard

not HUCard

not HU-Card

not huCARD

HuCard.
Soldier Blade actually says HuCARD. Just sayin.

/img1235oc.jpg

mrhaboobi

Looking for (MINT ONLY)
US Manual : Magical Chase, Shockman 
US Box : Turrican,  Soldier Blade, New Adventure Island, Neutopia II
Other : Sapphire OBI, Turbo Play Aug/Sept 90, April/May 92, Turbo Edge Spring 90

PC Engine Special Cards : Bomberman User Battle

Alydnes Super Grafx

VestCunt

Quote from: KingofGames on 04/25/2012, 06:04 PMSoldier Blade actually says HuCARD. Just sayin.
/img1235oc.jpg
No it doesn't - LOOK AGAIN!
IMG
Topic Adjourned.

Arkhan Asylum

PikachuWarrior

IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 04/25/2012, 07:59 PMholyshit.

2$ bills are raer as fuck
I know.  I want to collect them because I've been familiar with two dollar bills for over ten years and they're part of my childhood, but I got them as part of a lot and whenever I look at them I just see a pile of money and I don't even know if I'll be interested in two dollar bills in five years and my Dad doesn't play with his two dollar bills anymore and if I had an unlimited supply of two dollar bills I would keep them. Anyway, it's not like I'm selling legal tender, I'm selling luxury collectible legal tender.
Topic Adjourned.