OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

roflmao

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 06/06/2012, 11:11 PMAre you talking about this listing here

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/280893458072?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
I hope not because I would think a lot of the forum members here would happily spend $2 each for 16 cases, especially if a bunch of them included manuals.  That's a lot cheaper than buying TV Sports XXX games and repurposing them with Sparky stickers, which a lot of us have done.  I only wish he had listed that here first to give us first crack at it.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2012, 11:33 PMI hope not because I would think a lot of the forum members here would happily spend $2 each for 16 cases, especially if a bunch of them included manuals.  That's a lot cheaper than buying TV Sports XXX games and repurposing them with Sparky stickers, which a lot of us have done.  I only wish he had listed that here first to give us first crack at it.
He did, see the link in my post.  This issue was shipping.  Shipping in Canada pretty much sucks.  If he sold 1 case to 1 member the cost of shipping would be $5.97.  This is the standard shipping cost of a CD w/case from Canada to the U.S.A.

roflmao

Sorry, I should have clarified better.  I think the auction he's listing is LOW.  I hope no one is calling him a chump for offering them at those prices.  I only wish he offered them here first. :)

CPTRAVE

I wish he would have put them on here also, I may place a bid if my wife lets me, [-o&lt; it will be my goal to try to get every case filled with a game :dance:

soop

Quote from: guest on 06/06/2012, 11:54 PMSorry, I should have clarified better.  I think the auction he's listing is LOW.  I hope no one is calling him a chump for offering them at those prices.  I only wish he offered them here first. :)
Different guy - and it was Japanese stuff.  The only remotely "expensive" cases were Gunhed, which I have, and maybe an Arcade Card one. He wanted about $45 for 9 cases, and I offered him about $25
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

FiftyQuid

I can't let this thread fall to the second page.  It has taught me so much.  :dance:

This isn't terrible, but it isn't great either.  At most I would consider these games $20 each (on a good day), so 8 games would go for around $160.  The $199.99 starting bid is what pisses me off the most.  What happened to auctions that start at a penny?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/turbografx-16-lot-8-games-very-rares-cases-/120930637383#ht_503wt_1219

Opethian

this is what happens when you use ebay as a price guide. kids, dont let your friends use ebay as a price guide
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/12/2012, 09:34 PMI can't let this thread fall to the second page.  It has taught me so much.  :dance:

This isn't terrible, but it isn't great either.  At most I would consider these games $20 each (on a good day), so 8 games would go for around $160.  The $199.99 starting bid is what pisses me off the most.  What happened to auctions that start at a penny?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/turbografx-16-lot-8-games-very-rares-cases-/120930637383#ht_503wt_1219
Those are all commons, the most I would pay for em is $10 a piece so yeah thats gouging what hes doing.

SMF

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/12/2012, 09:43 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/12/2012, 09:34 PMI can't let this thread fall to the second page.  It has taught me so much.  :dance:

This isn't terrible, but it isn't great either.  At most I would consider these games $20 each (on a good day), so 8 games would go for around $160.  The $199.99 starting bid is what pisses me off the most.  What happened to auctions that start at a penny?

Those are all commons, the most I would pay for em is $10 a piece so yeah thats gouging what hes doing.
Dam he would be lucky to get $60 for them all.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

FiftyQuid

I think $60 is low.  I could see $100.  I couldn't find Blazing Lasers for under $15, and Ninja Spirit is a solid $20 right now.  I know both are very popular titles so they should be less, but I wasn't able to find anyone willing to let these titles go for less.  I now have two of each, but only because of game lots I purchased through Kijiji (Canada's Craig's List).

CPTRAVE

Wow he is like  :twisted: wanting to take people's money. Between 80 and 100 would not be so bad but what he is asking for is  [-X

SMF

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/12/2012, 11:27 PMI think $60 is low.  I could see $100.  I couldn't find Blazing Lasers for under $15, and Ninja Spirit is a solid $20 right now.  I know both are very popular titles so they should be less, but I wasn't able to find anyone willing to let these titles go for less.  I now have two of each, but only because of game lots I purchased through Kijiji (Canada's Craig's List). 
I see your point but, Blazing Lasers you can find anywhere and Ninja Spirit was a pack in with the Duo. Dam everyone thinks O I HAVE A RARE TG16 GAME I'M GONNA MAKE MAD CASH OFF IT. A$$hole$

FiftyQuid

I like the "very rare cases" bit in the title of the auction.  Nice touch.  :roll:

CPTRAVE

Yeah that always catches me eye. But then I see the price and  [-(

CPTRAVE

I have also noticed it is the same sellers that have their prices all the way up,their stuff does not sell and they relist it fro the same price :x.

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 06/15/2012, 05:53 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Nec-Turbo-Express-All-front-Buttons-very-rare-turbografx-16-/180906146654?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item2a1ed8bb5e

$25 for some used rubbers.  Think I'll pass.
Yeah, I usually pass on used rubbers even if they're free.  :wink:

This isn't gouging, but we don't have a "Very common items listed as RARE" thread (yet).  Behold!  Feast your eyes on this rare copy of TV Sports Hockey!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/TURBO-GRAFX-16-TV-Sports-Hockey-Hu-CARD-Rare-HuCARD-/300712516537?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item4603dcdbb9#ht_761wt_1189

I love how shipping is almost the same price as the BIN.

CPTRAVE

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 06/16/2012, 08:56 PMI came across this Ebay auction, worth "it" or "not"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-16-Black-Console-NTSC-TurboBooster-TurboTap-TurboStick-MORE-/140762864763?pt=Video_Games&hash=item20c61edc7b
Um no, its a lot of a bunch of commons, only thing worthy of note is the booster and the superstick thats it.
Definitely not $390 worth.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/16/2012, 10:00 PM
Quote from: CPTRAVE on 06/16/2012, 08:56 PMI came across this Ebay auction, worth "it" or "not"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-16-Black-Console-NTSC-TurboBooster-TurboTap-TurboStick-MORE-/140762864763?pt=Video_Games&hash=item20c61edc7b
Um no, its a lot of a bunch of commons, only thing worthy of note is the booster and the superstick thats it.
You can't find a booster in the wild.  Yeah they're out there, but people aren't selling them.  The best price I've seen is $75 shipped.  You can get a new TurboStick for $45 shipped.  The console is about $40.  The games are common, but you won't find them on eBay for any less that $15 a pop.  So 13x$15 = $195.  Add on the $75 + $45 + $40 = $160.  Total is $355.  There's also another joystick in there.  I don't think the price is crazy, but I agree it would be nice if there was at least 1 uncommon game in there.

If you have zero options other that eBay in your area then I don't think it's a terrible deal.  Plus everything looks to be in great/excellent shape.

CPTRAVE

I need more options, I am moving moving to California there has to be mor TG16 there, that is where I got my original console.

Sparky

Fifty-----> are you crazy.. $45?....that looks like a used one and it's $10 to $15 at the most...

PunkCryborg

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/16/2012, 10:10 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/16/2012, 10:00 PM

You can't find a booster in the wild.  Yeah they're out there, but people aren't selling them.  The best price I've seen is $75 shipped.  You can get a new TurboStick for $45 shipped.  The console is about $40.  The games are common, but you won't find them on eBay for any less that $15 a pop.  So 13x$15 = $195.  Add on the $75 + $45 + $40 = $160.  Total is $355.  There's also another joystick in there.  I don't think the price is crazy, but I agree it would be nice if there was at least 1 uncommon game in there.

If you have zero options other that eBay in your area then I don't think it's a terrible deal.  Plus everything looks to be in great/excellent shape.
dude that is a terrible deal. Thats like $200 tops. You can get a duo and games for cheaper then that

FiftyQuid

LOL.  I knew I'd catch hell for breaking it down like that.  I just want to point out that I said "If you have no other options" and that I never said it was a great deal.  I just didn't think it was a horrific gouge.

Sparky is correct about the $45 for the TurboStick.  What I was saying is that I paid $45 shipped to get a new one in a box.  The one in the auction is definitely used so it's much less.

I find there is a problem on putting a value on common games.  Stuff like China Warrior is a 'real' common, but Ballistix and Boxyboy while common in some places is not common where I am.  It's less common and when I do see either of them sell for $20 minimum.  If anyone here has a spare copy of Ballistix and Boxyboy they are willing to sell me for less that $20 please PM me.

CrackTiger

eBay is full of great deals. If it's your only option, then you can get that stuff for the prices others are quoting.

If you're not collecting for the sake of collecting and want to actually play games, then you can get a fully modified Duo R/RX and some of the greatest games of all time for less.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

thesteve

FiftyQuid

$119 for a TG-16 console + Keith Courage.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Turbo-16-Grafx-game-system-console-game-Keith-Courage-works-great-vintage-/320929355708?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4ab8e157bc#ht_609wt_1019

I'll never understand people that just throw something up on eBay to sell.  Where's the presentation?  This kind of thing says to me, "I've had this shit in a box for years and never took care of it.  Buy it from me."

420GOAT

thats on him, he may never sell it, when i sell vw parts i try to clean then first.
I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

CPTRAVE

Thats ridiculouos, I should offer him USD 5.00 but shipping is also a lot.

FiftyQuid

Samurai Ghost

Ouch, a complete PCE Parasol Stars should be around $50, $60 tops, and Cadash is a cheapie title (think I got my loose copy for around $2)

alexsduo

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/19/2012, 02:32 PM$119 for a TG-16 console + Keith Courage.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Turbo-16-Grafx-game-system-console-game-Keith-Courage-works-great-vintage-/320929355708?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4ab8e157bc#ht_609wt_1019

I'll never understand people that just throw something up on eBay to sell.  Where's the presentation?  This kind of thing says to me, "I've had this shit in a box for years and never took care of it.  Buy it from me."
I could stick my head up a bulls ass, but I would rather take the Butcher's word for it.
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

CrackTiger

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/20/2012, 01:25 PMOuch, a complete PCE Parasol Stars should be around $50, $60 tops, and Cadash is a cheapie title (think I got my loose copy for around $2)
The Turbo version has actually finally come down in price a lot this past year and sells for around $30 complete now.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 06/21/2012, 04:49 PM
Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 06/20/2012, 01:25 PMOuch, a complete PCE Parasol Stars should be around $50, $60 tops, and Cadash is a cheapie title (think I got my loose copy for around $2)
The Turbo version has actually finally come down in price a lot this past year and sells for around $30 complete now.
Yeah I managed to get a copy for under $40.  The crazy one now is Soldier Blade it seems.

Samurai Ghost

Yeah Parasol Stars is one of those rare games that is actually more expensive for the PCE version.

Meanwhile for Soldier Blade, a loose copy for the PCE can be found for under $20 fairly easily.

SMF

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Bonks-Adventure-Nintendo-1994-cartridge-only-CLEAN-TESTED-WORKING-/180910459451?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a1f1a8a3b

Ok when did Bonks Adventure on the NES suddenly become this rare gem? 179.99 BIN and a 162.99 auction start lol ok i must be missing something.

VestCunt

All of those late-period NES games have taken a turn for the worse in the last couple years.
Topic Adjourned.

SMF

Quote from: guest on 06/22/2012, 01:16 PMAll of those late-period NES games have taken a turn for the worse in the last couple years.
Its a joke, I remembering walking thru Funcoland (yea that long ago) and seeing it on the shelf in box for $5 so i grabbed it to see how bad it was lol. Its an ok game not great and not worth what people are asking.

FiftyQuid

You guys do see the @@@@@@ RARE! @@@@@@ part in the title right?  That right there means it's rare and valuable.  Definitely worth a $179.99 BIN  :lol:

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

FiftyQuid

NightWolve

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/24/2012, 03:08 PMIf you thought a $275 BIN on a Super System 3.0 card was bad, then how about this $375 BIN one;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-System-Card-Ver-3-0-COMPLETE-USA-VERSION-/270966944393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f16e37289
"MINT CONDITION! ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA ULTRA RARE!!"

Patented $5 offer for this one? I think he qualifies.

Bernie

CPTRAVE

Has it declined yet? There is one for $275 I offered 75.00 and was declined.
We should all make an offer for USD$50.00 maybe he will get the hint. :lol:

The one I have is in better shape anyways. :dance:

city41

Any truth to the claim that only 1200 US 3.0 cards were made?

Mathius

Making lowball offers to gouging fools is fun and all, but maybe we should start making realistic offers. What the item is actually worth. :)

NightWolve