OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

I've seen that card before too, but I don't remember if my TurbobDuo came with one or if I just saw it here.  Dammit.... now I'm gonna have to dig those boxes out of the closet.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

FiftyQuid

I feel sick from reading the last few posts.  :-#
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NightWolve

Quote from: Sadler on 03/07/2013, 08:16 PM
Quote from: wmacmonagle on 03/07/2013, 08:15 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/140922135295?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Bidded $450 and still lost!!!!.

Damn i shouldnt have sold my last copy for $275 couples of years ago! =(
I'll fess up. I bid $610 and lost with 2 seconds to go.
Damn... That is something to behold. I counted 8 people fighting for it. I dunno if eBay shows every little bid, but seems that most were willing to outbid the next guy by $50+ bucks which is what drove it up fast. That's after "s**s" came in with the $150+ outbid. Anyway, there's one REALLY happy seller tonight in Ohio...

Sadler

Quote from: NightWolve on 03/07/2013, 10:13 PM
Quote from: wmacmonagle on 03/07/2013, 08:15 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/140922135295?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Damn... That is something to behold. I counted 8 people fighting for it. I dunno if eBay shows every little bid, but seems that most were willing to outbid the next guy by $50+ bucks which is what drove it up fast. That's after "s**s" came in with the $150+ outbid. Anyway, there's one REALLY happy seller tonight in Ohio...
Hope the buyer was someone who will truly enjoy the game, and not plcards. I'd ask if someone here got it, but I'm not dumb enough to think the winner would admit it if he was a member here. I am surprised to see it go for far more than SAZ or Bonk SCD. I have my reasons for my bid and I genuinely didn't think anyone would put more on the table than that. Just hope the winner isn't looking to flip it for even more. If not, congrats whoever you are. :)

CPTRAVE

I can't see myself spending $650.00 on 1 video game [-(

Sadler

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a dick.

RoyVegas

Quote from: syphic on 03/07/2013, 09:22 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/07/2013, 06:41 PM
Quote from: galam on 03/07/2013, 05:31 PMMaybe something they added later once word got out?
I honestly don't know for sure.  I do know that the card does exist and I've only seen it twice and I lost both auctions quite awhile back.  Main thing i remember is at the top of the card it said "Surprise!!!!!!" with wording underneath it.  I've been looking since my last post to try to find a picture on the net but no luck.  Maybe someone else here has one.. Then again, maybe a thread about it might be more beneficial rather than randomly coming across it in this thread.
I have this card. i can snap up a picture if you guys would like. It says Suprise! and talks about the free hidden game then gives you the code to access it.
would love to have a pic posted of it if you have the time.. was surprised to see so many people didnt know it existed..
All is well. :)

syphic

Here you go guys! And its a little bigger than I remember. And from what I recall, I coulda swore this was inside the disk when I bought my Duo new back in the day.

IMG
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

RoyVegas

bob

Thanks man. Good contribution so +1 to you.  I have never seen it and until now, never needed it.  :D

psychobear

When I got mine 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 it came with that. I still have mine in the case as we'll

Bernie

You know, come to think of it, I may have had that or something similar.  Otherwise, I wouldn't have known about Bomberman being on the disc as well.  It wasn't like a lot of people had the system, or there was readily available internet, ect..  I just cannot remember to say for sure though.  Thanks for the pic!

roflmao

When I got my Duo new bitd, it did not include that card.  Strangely, I don't have the original Duo any longer, but I still have all the original paperwork that came with it. :)

NightWolve

Quote from: Sadler on 03/07/2013, 10:37 PMJust hope the winner isn't looking to flip it for even more.
Kinda doubt it; after spending that much money, and that being way above what it normally sells, I don't see much potential for flipping or bought with the intent to flip (unless it was somebody like megahit79). After spending $624 on it, I doubt you're gonna be willing to roll the dice and start things off at .99 cents too... You'll have to put it up with a really shitty BIN and starting price as well. Whatever, I just know I'd never spend that kind of money on it... It's...wow. =\

Quote from: syphic on 03/07/2013, 11:37 PMHere you go guys! And its a little bigger than I remember. And from what I recall, I coulda swore this was inside the disk when I bought my Duo new back in the day.
Hm, pretty sure I never got that with my Duo and pack-in games. I learned about the secret game from the Turbo mags I was getting.

CPTRAVE

Yeah I do not remember that notice at all, I know the pass code is on the Back of the Case, but never saw that notice. Or did I :-k

roflmao

Quote from: CPTRAVE on 03/08/2013, 06:57 PMYeah I do not remember that notice at all, I know the pass code is on the Back of the Case, but never saw that notice. Or did I :-k
I'm pretty sure the case you're referencing was designed by Joe Redifer here.  If I'm not mistaken, the original cases didn't have ANY backing in them, which is why a couple of folks here have created 'em. :)

CPTRAVE

Quote from: guest on 03/08/2013, 08:10 PM
Quote from: CPTRAVE on 03/08/2013, 06:57 PMYeah I do not remember that notice at all, I know the pass code is on the Back of the Case, but never saw that notice. Or did I :-k
I'm pretty sure the case you're referencing was designed by Joe Redifer here.  If I'm not mistaken, the original cases didn't have ANY backing in them, which is why a couple of folks here have created 'em. :)
The pack in CD Gate of thunder, the back of it did. I will double check when I get home. I originally ordered my 3.0 card from the back of the magazine.

Bernie

Nope CP.  The pack in was in a plain jane white jewel case.  No inserts.  :(

CPTRAVE

Quote from: Bernie on 03/08/2013, 08:38 PMNope CP.  The pack in was in a plain jane white jewel case.  No inserts.  :(
Oh wait, I forgot the Gate of thunder I bought was from someone here, I originally sold my Gate of thunder long time ago. So yup, you guys are totally correct.

geddon_jt

This is just speculation guys, but I once bought and opened a brand new Turbo Duo, with the Gate of Thunder pack in of course, and it did NOT have that little card. The copy of the game I have now DOES have that card. Perhaps it was only included when bought seperately from the Duo system?

tggodfrey

that or it could hve been a later addition.  I got my duo right when they came out and it didnt come with that.  I too learned about it in the turbo mags.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

RyuHayabusa

I bought my Duo straight from TZD brand new years ago and it did not have that card with it. Wish I still had my old Duo. Goddamn bills and life responsibilities made me get rid of it. I still have pics of it with my original NEC collection I built years ago. Slowly but surely it's coming back together though. Except for a brand new Duo. Fuck paying a few grand.

jperryss

Quote from: geddon_jt on 03/08/2013, 09:51 PMThis is just speculation guys, but I once bought and opened a brand new Turbo Duo, with the Gate of Thunder pack in of course, and it did NOT have that little card. The copy of the game I have now DOES have that card. Perhaps it was only included when bought seperately from the Duo system?
I don't believe it was ever sold separately in the US, only as part of the 4-in-1 pack-in deal.

tpivette

If you sent away for the Super System Card, you had a choice of either:

For $65... the 3.0 card by itself, or

For $95... the 3.0 card + the Gate of Thunder 3 in 1 Duo pack in game

So you could get the 3 in 1 without the Duo
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

JapanTokei

Since when did Terraformming go for this much?  It was like 130s just 2~3 years ago I thought... has it overtaken Dynastic Hero now?  why?  it's just an eye-candy shooter... weird.  someone please explain !!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/10/2013, 08:47 AMSince when did Terraformming go for this much?  It was like 130s just 2~3 years ago I thought... has it overtaken Dynastic Hero now?  why?  it's just an eye-candy shooter... weird.  someone please explain !!

Crack smoke pure and simple.

Sadler

Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/10/2013, 08:47 AMSince when did Terraformming go for this much?
Don't know, I can only tell you what I bid on it—which was less than someone else was willing to pay.

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 03/10/2013, 09:47 PMCrack smoke pure and simple.
What do you spend you pleasure money on? I'd like to mock it.

Flare65

Quote from: Sadler on 03/10/2013, 10:35 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 03/10/2013, 08:47 AMSince when did Terraformming go for this much?
Don't know, I can only tell you what I bid on it—which was less than someone else was willing to pay.

If he says booze n' cheap women,  you can't mock him!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Sadler on 03/10/2013, 10:35 PM

Certainly not on a average game that could be emulated for free. There are better things I can spend $600 on and this isn't one of them.

Gladiator316

93/94 TurboChips

RoyVegas

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 03/11/2013, 10:37 AMIs the right price for something like this or is he gouging? I have both of these items by the way but my converter is shit brown.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-Seller-TurboGrafx-16-HUCARD-CONVERTER-COMPLETE-Super-System-Card-3-0-NMINT-/121068048416?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item1c3037d020
Its worth around $20 for the System card and $80-$100 for the converter.  And that's estimating high.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/11/2013, 11:20 AMIts worth around $20 for the System card and $80-$100 for the converter.  And that's estimating high.
Yeah, the purple converters seem to sell for a higher price, but they have been selling in the $80-$100 range as Roy stated.  If he can get $214.95 for it then I guess it is the right price.  But he'll never get that.  It's not a outrageous gouge, but it'll never sell at that price.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bob

Have you guys SEEN the $500 GoT 3 in 1 cd listing again???
Asking $10,000 BIN now, but read the description.  (Sorry, cant link because my phone sucks)

Flare65

psychobear

Quote from: Flare65 on 03/12/2013, 12:40 AMHave you guys seen this monstrosity?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Circuit-Bent-Turbografx-16-NEC-video-game-system-pc-engine-w-5-games-graphics-/330887333585?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4d0a6c06d1

Looks like Dr.Frankenstien's attempt at a region mod on a TG-16..... ..and he wants $499.99 for it!
You can't put a price on a piece of art.. And this sir is not art, poor turbob.

jelloslug

Quote from: Flare65 on 03/12/2013, 12:40 AMHave you guys seen this monstrosity?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Circuit-Bent-Turbografx-16-NEC-video-game-system-pc-engine-w-5-games-graphics-/330887333585?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4d0a6c06d1

Looks like Dr.Frankenstien's attempt at a region mod on a TG-16..... ..and he wants $499.99 for it!
I see nobody wanted to pay $500 for it last time he tried to sell it.....

Tatsujin

Lol, it seems he's trying to sell that poor bastard since quite a while.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

seieienbu

I like the video of it not playing games.  That's, uh, pretty cool?  $500 well worth it?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

RoyVegas

Shouldnt that beast be pulled down for being motified?

Flare65

Taken from the auction description:

This is my baby right here, I bent it for my panel discussion at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo and probably will not do another one.  My favorite 16 bit gaming system circuit bent with utmost care.  I've included photos so you can see just how clean a mod it is.  The 16 funtions in it's original intended form but features a patchbay that effects both the graphics and the audio (the audio bends are few though on this model).  Aside from the patchbay there are four patchable pots for added control and an audio section to create audio impulse based glitch visuals that bounce and throb to the music.  The incoming audio glitchery on the 16 is really amazing and has a wide range of different looks.  You can feed the game audio back in to the 16 or you can drive it with external audio.

Translation:

This is my fuck up right here.  I drank too much Pabst Blue Ribbon and sniffed bath salts while using a soldering iron and it shows.  I've always wanted to take a perfectly functioning game console and fuck it up beyond repair.  Now that my stash of crystal meth has run dry, I need to come up with 500 bones for my street pharmacist to replenish my supply.  Maybe if I take some really shitty pictures of my office that hasn't been cleaned since the 1970's and steampunk the fuck out of them, some tard will actually pay cash for this bastardized turd of a game console.  Yeah the sound is all fucked up, but if you got enough narcotics floating around your blood stream, it actually sounds crystal clear!

ApolloBoy

If you look closely in the second and third pics you'll see that he's done the same to an X'Eye. Bastard...
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Flare65 on 03/12/2013, 11:23 PMTaken from the auction description:

This is my baby right here, I bent it for my panel discussion at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo and probably will not do another one.  My favorite 16 bit gaming system circuit bent with utmost care.  I've included photos so you can see just how clean a mod it is.  The 16 funtions in it's original intended form but features a patchbay that effects both the graphics and the audio (the audio bends are few though on this model).  Aside from the patchbay there are four patchable pots for added control and an audio section to create audio impulse based glitch visuals that bounce and throb to the music.  The incoming audio glitchery on the 16 is really amazing and has a wide range of different looks.  You can feed the game audio back in to the 16 or you can drive it with external audio.

Translation:

This is my fuck up right here.  I drank too much Pabst Blue Ribbon and sniffed bath salts while using a soldering iron and it shows.  I've always wanted to take a perfectly functioning game console and fuck it up beyond repair.  Now that my stash of crystal meth has run dry, I need to come up with 500 bones for my street pharmacist to replenish my supply.  Maybe if I take some really shitty pictures of my office that hasn't been cleaned since the 1970's and steampunk the fuck out of them, some tard will actually pay cash for this bastardized turd of a game console.  Yeah the sound is all fucked up, but if you got enough narcotics floating around your blood stream, it actually sounds crystal clear! 
He tried to sell that thing 2 years ago at the convention in Portland and even then no one was interested. Mostly WTF is this thing?

jelloslug

QuoteHe tried to sell that thing 2 years ago at the convention in Portland and even then no one was interested. Mostly WTF is this thing?
It's an art/music generator (supposedly).

Gladiator316

93/94 TurboChips

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gladiator316 on 03/14/2013, 08:24 PM... the damn thing has scratches too!!
If he means insertion marks on the back, that's normal.  At least it means it's been enjoyed at some point and hasn't spent its entire life being someone's precioussssss.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turboswimbz

still damn that's about 280 more than mine worked out to...
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

bob

turboswimbz

Quote from: galam on 03/20/2013, 09:59 AMnot really a gouge since the auction wasn't a BIN, but I didn't realize a duo was still fetching $400+

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Turbo-Duo-TurboGrafx16-SuperCDRom2-system-HES-DUO-01-/271170910801?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=I9U6aHdTvAS02Ad1f3ZvcK65Hco%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Granted mine was beat up a bit with a sticker on it and the dust cover missing, but I got a Duo with a Duo tap - 5 controllers -gate of thunder , Ninja spirit and 3 other common games for $275 just back in October from an auction I won...  Interesting to see this go for so much.   Is there something special there I'm missing??????

EDIT: ahhh lack of North American consoles up on Ebay ... just the 500+ BIN auctions. someone thought they were getting a deal - Hey look here Bob this thing is worth like $500.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Bardoly

QuoteEDIT: ahhh lack of North American consoles up on Ebay ... just the 500+ BIN auctions. someone thought they were getting a deal - Hey look here Bob this thing is worth like $500.
If I'm not mistaken, it seems that there is a lack of many different TG-16 games as well, especially the more uncommon ones.  This usually leads to higher prices.  :(