RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 06/30/2015, 04:10 PMToday's d-bag is a scumfuck peddling loose discs of translated Xak III and Startling Odyssey II for $32.50 each shipped.  Weren't the loose disc all given out for free after Tobias half-assedly tried to atone for screwing over Bonknuts and the other guy(s)?
Horrid, scammers are going for a new record low.

seieienbu

My favorite part of that auction:

Quote from: Ebay ScammerTo the buyer and seller lani_face. You are blocked from purchasing any of my items due to you dishonest buying practices and taking my refund and never returning my so called "broken" CDX AC adaptor.
How dare someone have dishonest buying practices?!  Not like Honest Abe over here who's merely trying to make a non-dishonest living by selling things he got for free that were stolen to begin with!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

ShadowKitty777

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/22/2015, 05:41 AMWhile not directly Turbo related this goes over the problem with the way ebay works
This is so upsetting....
I had to show this to a friend of mine because I have been trying to talk her out of spending 100+ for Rule of Rose on PS2. For some reason that game just keeps going up in price, and it used to be everywhere. Every time I see it now, they want more for it.

CrackTiger

Aside from flipping bootleg samples which were given out for free, the seller also describes them as official releases.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

xcrement5x

Quote from: ShadowKitty777 on 07/01/2015, 04:05 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 06/22/2015, 05:41 AMWhile not directly Turbo related this goes over the problem with the way ebay works
This is so upsetting....
I had to show this to a friend of mine because I have been trying to talk her out of spending 100+ for Rule of Rose on PS2. For some reason that game just keeps going up in price, and it used to be everywhere. Every time I see it now, they want more for it.
Yeah, Rule of Rose was like a $15 bargain bin game at Circuit City for a long time.  It and Haunting Ground are both stupid expensive now, RoR moreso I think because of the Atlus name.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

madboom0522

Titles to complete... Caught them all....

HailingTheThings

IMG

Gentlegamer

I think that Keith Courage is a prime candidate for the ebay trolling thread.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 07/02/2015, 05:48 PMI think that Keith Courage is a prime candidate for the ebay trolling thread.
Trolling in progress...

mickcris

esteban

Quote from: mickcris on 07/03/2015, 05:46 AMCustom painted duo is back.  the buyer must have come to their senses and backed out
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-System-Super-CD-PC-Engine-Grafx-16-Console-rare-very-htf-/231611627691
I have seen items unearthed from 2,000 year old latrines that looked better than that awful paint job.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

o.pwuaioc

I reported both and the Little Samson for good measure.

jelloslug

Quote from: mickcris on 07/03/2015, 05:46 AMCustom painted duo is back.  the buyer must have come to their senses and backed out
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Duo-System-Super-CD-PC-Engine-Grafx-16-Console-rare-very-htf-/231611627691
I should buy it.  I actually have dye the correct color for the system.

Alt-Nintega

wow, so some of the homebrew guys also duplicate existing games?

I'll take 350 copies of Magical Chase please. PM for paypal.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 07/06/2015, 03:22 PMwow, so some of the homebrew guys also duplicate existing games?

Which homebrew guys are duplicating what games?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

jelloslug

Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/06/2015, 08:19 PM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 07/06/2015, 03:22 PMwow, so some of the homebrew guys also duplicate existing games?

Which homebrew guys are duplicating what games?
yes

wilykat

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/08/2015, 02:35 AMFake Ys is fake. Only a moron would think this cd-r copy was real...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YS-BOOK-I-II-1-2-Ys-Turbografx-Turbo-Duo-CD-Game-DISC-ONLY-/171850881328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item28031c5930
Didn't know Y's I and II came with Turbo Duo label? Mine says TurboGrafx 16 and I imagine PC Engine on Japanese disc. But yeah the seller is an idiot who obviously never burned a CD or he's a shitty scammer.  I hope the seller also knows TG-16 and PCE CD system (pre-Duo that is) have a really terrible time reading CD-Rs.

esteban

Quote from: wilykat on 07/08/2015, 04:49 AM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 07/08/2015, 02:35 AMFake Ys is fake. Only a moron would think this cd-r copy was real...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YS-BOOK-I-II-1-2-Ys-Turbografx-Turbo-Duo-CD-Game-DISC-ONLY-/171850881328?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item28031c5930
Didn't know Ys I and II came with Turbo Duo label? Mine says TurboGrafx 16 and I imagine PC Engine on Japanese disc. But yeah the seller is an idiot who obviously never burned a CD or he's a shitty scammer.  I hope the seller also knows TG-16 and PCE CD system (pre-Duo that is) have a really terrible time reading CD-Rs.
The pack-in discs for NA DUO =  new pressing of Ys I & II.

CrackTiger

Although the Duo version of Ys I & II is supposed to be common knowledge, what is crooked is gougers selling it as either disc-only or disc + manusl and calling it "complete". It's an incomplete pack-in version of a complete game. It's a variant at best and not a unique version. If TTi gave away extra discs in sleeves, they wouldn't be complete either. The only way the Duo Ys I & II would be complete, if you are going to count it as a unique version, is if it comes with a fully complete TurboDuo package with all the software and outer box sleeve.

PCEngineHell

Its a cd-r made to look like the Duo version. Look at the "paint" in the center where the mintmark should be. Also, the silver on top is not natural from a pressed disc. Its some flat non reflective thing that was painted or inked on a paper label. Also the bottom of the disc shows its a long strategy cd-r.

escarioth

at some point it will be like paint arts...
years later you'll notice that you bough a fake :(
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

NecroPhile

I reported the Ys CDR, not that ebay will do a damn thing.

And that Magical Grail is fucking awesome.  That's gotta be nully's doing.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2015, 12:03 PMI reported the Ys CDR, not that ebay will do a damn thing.

The fact that someone is bidding on it is awesome.

esteban

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 07/08/2015, 12:13 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/08/2015, 12:03 PMI reported the Ys CDR, not that ebay will do a damn thing.

The fact that someone is bidding on it is awesome.
People are insane. Truly.

CrackTiger

You could legally make a Magical Chase accessory, like Sparky's broom, something that you could see being a promo item bitd... and it would just be fan art. You could honestly describe it as "limited edition" and not only would ignorant collectards bid the crap out of it, ones who understand what it actually is would still pay a lot for it. And many would try pairing it with one of their spare copies of Magical Chase and charge no less than double the combined individual "values". Similar to resellers pairing Earthbound with the air freshener.

ClodBusted

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/08/2015, 12:03 PMI reported the Ys CDR, not that ebay will do a damn thing.
I sent a report for "counterfeit/fake item" too. Hope it helps.

GoldenWheels

NecroPhile

Quote from: Nulltard on 07/08/2015, 01:39 PMhow is it counterfeit/fake?  seems like a pretty legit printed piece of paper to me, just as described in the auction.  maybe you need remedial reading class? :lol:
ClodBuster said he reported it too, and I'm the only one that said anything about reporting (the Ys CDR), so I'm pretty sure he's not talking about the Grail.

Speaking of reading comprehension....

ClodBusted

Yes, I edited my post once I saw that it could be mistaken for referring to that magical thingy.

sirhcman

I reported the "Magical Chase" auction as well, thanks for the heads up! ;)

LostFlunky

LostFlunky

Ys is fake - seller has decent feedback... weird...

CrackTiger

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 07/08/2015, 04:11 PM
Quote from: GoldenWheels on 07/08/2015, 11:20 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-16-Magical-Chase-Holy-Grail-Super-Rare-NEC-TG-16-L-K-HTF-/141712120706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20feb35b82

Judging by the copy it's a joke (?). Honestly I can't even tell any more.
No shipping to Canada... :(
I got scammed by something similar once, which wasn't intended as a joke. The guy was attempting to use clever wording to fool people into believing that they were bidding on a complete vhs set of the He-Man/MotU series. Except that he was too dumb to word it in any kind of ambiguous way and the description literally said that it was what bidders were looking for. So when I got a few sheets of paper with an episode list in the mail, along with a Spanish copy of the live action film, I was able to win a claim through eBay. But this was the days of snail mail money orders, so the whole thing took months.

ClodBusted

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 07/08/2015, 04:12 PMYs is fake - seller has decent feedback... weird...
And he placed the fake Ys on an awfully dirty desk for the photograph.

EDIT: And he sold SNES homebrews.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Nulltard on 07/08/2015, 02:06 PMlooked like he was referring to the magical grail @ 12:17 prior to the edit @ 12:56, which is why I said what I said @ 12:39.
The edit was not to change his text.  The original post contained the exact same message of 'I sent a report for "counterfeit/fake item" too. Hope it helps.', but thanks for playing.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2015, 06:03 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/08/2015, 02:06 PMlooked like he was referring to the magical grail @ 12:17 prior to the edit @ 12:56, which is why I said what I said @ 12:39.
The edit was not to change his text.  The original post contained the exact same message of 'I sent a report for "counterfeit/fake item" too. Hope it helps.', but thanks for playing.
So should I be reporting the "Magical Chase" item? I am so confused!  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2015, 06:20 PMSo should I be reporting the "Magical Chase" item? I am so confused!  ](*,)
But of course.  Everyone knows that Hudson used up all their gold on huey contacts, so the real Grails were made of sterling silver.

NightWolve

I added a photo of my original for comparison. Huh, I didn't know CD-Rs of this were already in circulation.

Original Turbo Duo Pack-in Version:

IMG

And the eBay Feka:

IMG

LostFlunky

It must be a silver printable CDr, because there is some "rainbow" on the eBay pic...

Here are my copies of Ys IV and Dracula X, side by side with the english translations, burned on silver printable CDr's...

/IMG_2160_zpsnycj0ppo.jpg

NecroPhile

Quote from: Nulltard on 07/08/2015, 06:39 PMRemove the pickle from your cornhole, necro, and the hamster too.
Some people just can't stand it when they're wrong.  :lol:

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 07/08/2015, 06:52 PMHere are my copies of Ys IV and Dracula X, side by side with the english translations, burned on silver printable CDr's...
You left in the apostrophes.  Nooooo!!!

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2015, 07:42 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/08/2015, 06:39 PMRemove the pickle from your cornhole, necro, and the hamster too.
Some people just can't stand it when they're wrong.  :lol:

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 07/08/2015, 06:52 PMHere are my copies of Ys IV and Dracula X, side by side with the english translations, burned on silver printable CDr's...
You left in the apostrophes.  Nooooo!!!
Of course!

Actually - I scanned the JP disc and created the new "label" over it as a layer in Photoshop...  I hemmed and hawed about the apostrophes and decided that they were as good as canon.

To me, the apostrophe is a minor character in the Ys storyline, which appears at random, causing outrage, confusion and mirth...

seieienbu

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 07/08/2015, 08:07 PMActually - I scanned the JP disc and created the new "label" over it as a layer in Photoshop...  I hemmed and hawed about the apostrophes and decided that they were as good as canon.

To me, the apostrophe is a minor character in the Ys storyline, which appears at random, causing outrage, confusion and mirth...
....absolutely fantastic.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

NecroPhile

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 07/08/2015, 08:07 PMTo me, the apostrophe is a minor character in the Ys storyline, which appears at random, causing outrage, confusion and mirth...
Ha!  I love it.  I bet he's in the secret lab in the developers room.  :lol:

LostFlunky

CrackTiger

Does the warranty only pay out if the box condition improves?

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 07/08/2015, 05:05 PM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 07/08/2015, 04:11 PM
Quote from: GoldenWheels on 07/08/2015, 11:20 AMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-16-Magical-Chase-Holy-Grail-Super-Rare-NEC-TG-16-L-K-HTF-/141712120706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20feb35b82

Judging by the copy it's a joke (?). Honestly I can't even tell any more.
No shipping to Canada... :(
I got scammed by something similar once, which wasn't intended as a joke. The guy was attempting to use clever wording to fool people into believing that they were bidding on a complete vhs set of the He-Man/MotU series. Except that he was too dumb to word it in any kind of ambiguous way and the description literally said that it was what bidders were looking for. So when I got a few sheets of paper with an episode list in the mail, along with a Spanish copy of the live action film, I was able to win a claim through eBay. But this was the days of snail mail money orders, so the whole thing took months.
This happened on a episode of Judge Judy