@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alt-Nintega

I don't get why the converters from Japan to USA are so expensive on ebay. It's like 3X cheaper to just region mod.

Psycho Punch

TO ALL COLLECTORS OUT THERE STRUGGLING TO EITHER KEEP THEIR COLLECTIONS FUNDED OR ON THE VERGE OF HAVING TO SELL BECAUSE OF DEBT AND BILLS PILING UP. THERE IS A WAY OUT AND YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. SELL MAGICAL CHASE BUY EVERDRIVE. AND DONT BE A COLLECTARD.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SephirothTNH

It's a shame there is no more make an offer.  I was going to offer 4.95 since because of the price sticker on the cover.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

turboswimbz

(s)hit Japan should be inducted into the gougers hall of shame.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mathius

Arkhan Asylum

Dude at CCAG today was selling Super Air Zonk for 980$

holy.
penis.
tips.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2015, 05:08 AMDude at CCAG today was selling Super Air Zonk for 980$

holy.
penis.
tips.
Butt crack smoke! X10000000000000 Speaking of gouging, since when has Cadash commanded such a price? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadash-TurboGrafx-16-1991-NO-OUTTER-BOX-/301516643617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4633cadd21

seieienbu

I love the usage of a stock photo for a game that the guy wants that much money for.  Yeah, sure buddy.  Don't even bother taking a picture of something you expect me to pay ~$200 for.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

wilykat

He will lose case if someone buys that.  "Does not match photo" is a valid reason especially since the stock photo is the box and the listing is without the box.

If I had $200 that I could part with for a couple weeks, I would have bought that, filed claim, sent it back in very crappy packing and made sure the manual and stuff got wet.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/26/2015, 05:08 AMDude at CCAG today was selling Super Air Zonk for 980$

holy.
penis.
tips.
You mean sold Super Air Zonk for $980. Or did a bidding war break out between several people who came upon it at the same time and it went for $2000?

QuoteButt crack smoke! X10000000000000 Speaking of gouging, since when has Cadash commanded such a price? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadash-TurboGrafx-16-1991-NO-OUTTER-BOX-/301516643617?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4633cadd21
It doesn't, at least not on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=turbografx+cadash&_sop=15
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/26/2015, 04:58 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 07/26/2015, 05:08 AMDude at CCAG today was selling Super Air Zonk for 980$

holy.
penis.
tips.
You mean sold Super Air Zonk for $980. Or did a bidding war break out between several people who came upon it at the same time and it went for $2000?
Neither.  Nobody was stupid enough to buy that shit.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

seieienbu

CrackTiger

Quote from: seieienbu on 07/26/2015, 07:37 PMCommon sense wins.  Hurray!
Except that someone was abpe to it to that seller for like $700 in the first place.

CrackTiger

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2015, 11:15 PMVic Ireland sold this game to me personally and was kind enough to sign it.

So now I'm flipping it for hundreds of dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parasol-Stars-Bubble-Bobble-III-TurboGrafx-16-NEW-SEALED-SIGNED-SUPER-RARE-/121709716261?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c5676e325
If I was famous and signed an item for someone pretending to be a fan I'd be offended to see it flipped for tons of cash. But that goes on all the time at game/horror/sci-fi conventions.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 07/26/2015, 11:15 PMVic Ireland sold this game to me personally and was kind enough to sign it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Parasol-Stars-Bubble-Bobble-III-TurboGrafx-16-NEW-SEALED-SIGNED-SUPER-RARE-/121709716261?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c5676e325
At least he isn't gouging on shipping on top of that.

seieienbu

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2015, 10:00 AM
Quote from: seieienbu on 07/27/2015, 09:56 AM...so, you've got fans now?
It is true.  I autographed DarkKobold's tit and then later that evening he sold his body on the corner for $5.
That was the best $5 that Joe ever spent.

:)

CGQuarterly

It is true.  I autographed DarkKobold's tit and then later that evening he sold his body on the corner for $5.
"Man-boob" is the preferred nomenclature.

esteban

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 07/27/2015, 01:17 PM
"Man-boob" is the preferred nomenclature.
Man-tit.

bob

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2015, 01:28 PM:lol:

Points awarded for dig @ Joe and Lebowski references.
Who are you to give out points?

bob

viper0hr

Gouging has become terrible on eBay with rares of all games, but TG16 def has some assholes up there, you would think after 100+ times of relisting you'd lower your prices a bit.

LostFlunky

Quote from: viper0hr on 07/27/2015, 08:44 PMGouging has become terrible on eBay with rares of all games, but TG16 def has some assholes up there, you would think after 100+ times of relisting you'd lower your prices a bit.
What a prophetic post from the year 2000!!!!

Gentlegamer

I only want to be a mod at DoxPhile so my name is green in the chatroom.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 07/27/2015, 09:07 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 07/27/2015, 09:06 PMI only want to be a mod at DoxPhile so my name is green in the chatroom.
Not you...
Me?

...no, not me. I'm fired.

Psycho Punch

My name is GREEN, why can't you make my name green too Aaron? No crystal recharges for you anymore.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

SephirothTNH

But it comes with a remote holy grail.

turboswimbz

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 07/28/2015, 10:13 AMNEC related though not exactly Turbo.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171872746505
I want one of these bad boys. Think they'll take 1% of the asking price.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

bozo55

Quote from: turboswimbz on 07/25/2015, 11:00 PM(s)hit Japan should be inducted into the gougers hall of shame.
They can be so frustrating to deal with.  Buying controllers off them is a complete gamble.  They tend to rate them all B, whether they're near mint or completely worn out.  I got banned from them after claiming a partial refund.  Even though I never gave them any negs and spent shit tons with them.

HyperionAlpha

I'm surprised he didn't VGA it.

But then I think it's VGA policy on grading that a signed game actually LOWERS its value, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Maybe a bad time to mention I have a few Metal Gear Solid things signed by Kojima & Shinkawa.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: HyperionAlpha on 07/29/2015, 11:25 AM

I'm surprised he didn't VGA it.

But then I think it's VGA policy on grading that a signed game actually LOWERS its value, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Maybe a bad time to mention I have a few Metal Gear Solid things signed by Kojima & Shinkawa.
I thought it was signed by rarebucky. Does that mean my signed Sega Genesis by Tom Kalinske is worth billions?

HyperionAlpha

I was just trying to point out the only "policy" I know of regarding signatures and value influence. Which is a little weird when you think about it. There are lots of ways folks have verified signatures on things in the past, musicians, artists, actors etc. Some game designers do signings like the MGS stuff I have signed, but I guess that it's tough enough to verify most people's signatures that VGA would rather not bother trying. They actually lower the value because it's written on.

Now I'm never planning to sell my signed MGS3... but it's awfully funny to me that something they ought to be able to verify, they treat as damage because they don't even want to try. It's weird enough seeing rarebucky try to sell something he doesn't have wrapped up in a VGA case.

viper0hr

turboswimbz

esteban

turboswimbz

CrackTiger

Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/02/2015, 04:22 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbografx-Pc-Engine-Duo-Cd-Lot-Mysterious-Song-/161777777131?hash=item25aab4f9eb

:cry: :cry:
Looks like they are literally trying to sell a lot of homebrew for twice what they sell for direct.

So who is Billy Goins?

EDIT: just look at his other items and he's selling a used copy of one of those brand new $50 -$70 HuCard converters for $135 (but it does include a $3 game).

CrackTiger

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/02/2015, 05:52 PMWmac
So after pulling the gouged homebrew from his sales thread he's now just trying to rip someone off on eBay?

wildfruit

esteban

CrackTiger

Even up till the end, he was defiantly arguing that he was asking fair prices. After pretending that he did not know the source and availability of the games, which itself is an admission of pulling collector prices out of his, he then acknowledged it and pulled them from his sales thread. He knows that these aren't 20 year old games which are out of print. You can buy them from the creators and they only get cheaper from the source as time goes on. Now he is consciously trying to rip off ignorant collectards.

o.pwuaioc

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 08/02/2015, 10:04 PMWho stood up for wmacdongle again?
I did, at first (not sure if Nulltard is referring to me in his post or not, or maybe he's talking about DK).  I've met him in person multiple times.  Was always cool with me, and gave me some great deals.  Really, I only "stood up for him" against people making fun of his english due to his handicap.  I haven't talked to him anymore since his whole deal went down here.  Frankly I find it extremely disappointing.  I met him through a mutual friend who is a stand-up dude, and maybe as a result of that I gave wmac the benefit of the doubt.

VenomMacbeth

I may have.  He sold me Bonk CIB for $15, that seemed like a reasonable deal.  I can't comment on any of his other prices but he was cool at least for that transaction.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/02/2015, 11:36 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/02/2015, 10:04 PMWho stood up for wmacdongle again?
I did, at first (not sure if Nulltard is referring to me in his post or not).  I've met him in person multiple times.  Was always cool with me, and gave me some great deals.  Really, I only "stood up for him" against people making fun of his english due to his handicap.  I haven't talked to him anymore since his whole deal went down here.  Frankly I find it extremely disappointing.  I met him through a mutual friend who is a stand-up dude, and maybe as a result of that I gave wmac the benefit of the doubt.
You did the right thing. Wmac's actions should have remained the focus of any "critique"....there was no need to take a cheap shot at him in regard to a disability.

I don't think I said anything, so I failed.

Not that I ever paid much attention to the wmac drama. Still, no excuse.