RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/02/2015, 11:36 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/02/2015, 10:04 PMWho stood up for wmacdongle again?
I did, at first (not sure if Nulltard is referring to me in his post or not).  I've met him in person multiple times.  Was always cool with me, and gave me some great deals.  Really, I only "stood up for him" against people making fun of his english due to his handicap.  I haven't talked to him anymore since his whole deal went down here.  Frankly I find it extremely disappointing.  I met him through a mutual friend who is a stand-up dude, and maybe as a result of that I gave wmac the benefit of the doubt. 
I think we met the guy over at the Portland Retro Gaming Convention (he was selling some Turbo boxes) in 2012 but I'm not so sure if it's the same guy. Just recall him being deaf and that's about it.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 08/03/2015, 09:29 AM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/02/2015, 11:36 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/02/2015, 10:04 PMWho stood up for wmacdongle again?
I did, at first (not sure if Nulltard is referring to me in his post or not).  I've met him in person multiple times.  Was always cool with me, and gave me some great deals.  Really, I only "stood up for him" against people making fun of his english due to his handicap.  I haven't talked to him anymore since his whole deal went down here.  Frankly I find it extremely disappointing.  I met him through a mutual friend who is a stand-up dude, and maybe as a result of that I gave wmac the benefit of the doubt. 
I think we met the guy over at the Portland Retro Gaming Convention (he was selling some Turbo boxes) in 2012 but I'm not so sure if it's the same guy. Just recall him being deaf and that's about it.
Nope, that's a different guy.  That's actually the "mutual friend' that I mentioned in my last post.  He's a great dude.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 08/02/2015, 10:17 PMSomeone with big steel balls, that's for sure! Someone who got boxed games for less than they can presently be had at any rate. Someone who is a man among men, a legend in his own mind, a complete fucking fool, and someone who probably stood up for the likes of you, too.
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/02/2015, 11:36 PMI did, at first (not sure if Nulltard is referring to me in his post or not, or maybe he's talking about DK)
I thought Nulltard was referring to himself! :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/03/2015, 10:39 AM
Quote from: guest on 08/02/2015, 10:17 PMSomeone with big steel balls, that's for sure! Someone who got boxed games for less than they can presently be had at any rate. Someone who is a man among men, a legend in his own mind, a complete fucking fool, and someone who probably stood up for the likes of you, too.
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/02/2015, 11:36 PMI did, at first (not sure if Nulltard is referring to me in his post or not, or maybe he's talking about DK)
I thought Nulltard was referring to himself! :)
I thought so, too. Ha!

I don't remember 99% of this silly drama, but sometimes I accidentally stir up old antagonisms. I wish I hadn't.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

CrackTiger

Hilarious "fact" posted in the description of the $100,000 Magical Chase on eBay:

Quote"The American based Toys-R-Us chain sold brand new copies of TTI's Magical Chase for a mere $19.99 USD brand new back in early February of 1994. Despite it's initial debut release on December 31, 1993, it wasn't distributed by any retail stores other than Toys-R-Us in early 1994. None of the American retailers like Babbages', Electronics Boutique, Funcoland, Software etc. & even The Good Guys! stores never got in their allotted shipment of the uber-rare TTI's MC to sell. All the unsold TTI MC copies that TTI didn't sell was forwarded to Turbo Zone Direct (TZD), a mail-order business that later sold brand new copies of the TTI MC at the jacked up price of $39.99 USD in the later half of 1994 and into the 1995-1996 timeline.

What's even rarer, was to find a complete copy with original TTI box of MC in used condition at a 2nd-hand video game shop that was selling it for a mere $11.99 USD & bought it back in May of 1995. Haven't seen such a complete TTI MC set sold since then."

-Anonymous eBay User
The modern collectard market seems to be more based on lies and deception than the actual subject being "collected". They're basically Ferengi and the only thing more glorious than working over someone else is profit itself.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

escarioth

Quote from: guest on 08/05/2015, 11:12 AMHilarious "fact" posted in the description of the $100,000 Magical Chase on eBay:

Quote"The American based Toys-R-Us chain sold brand new copies of TTI's Magical Chase for a mere $19.99 USD brand new back in early February of 1994. Despite it's initial debut release on December 31, 1993, it wasn't distributed by any retail stores other than Toys-R-Us in early 1994. None of the American retailers like Babbages', Electronics Boutique, Funcoland, Software etc. & even The Good Guys! stores never got in their allotted shipment of the uber-rare TTI's MC to sell. All the unsold TTI MC copies that TTI didn't sell was forwarded to Turbo Zone Direct (TZD), a mail-order business that later sold brand new copies of the TTI MC at the jacked up price of $39.99 USD in the later half of 1994 and into the 1995-1996 timeline.

What's even rarer, was to find a complete copy with original TTI box of MC in used condition at a 2nd-hand video game shop that was selling it for a mere $11.99 USD & bought it back in May of 1995. Haven't seen such a complete TTI MC set sold since then."

-Anonymous eBay User
The modern collectard market seems to be more based on lies and deception than the actual subject being "collected". They're basically Ferengi and the only thing more glorious than working over someone else is profit itself.
@_@ wtf 99,999$ its just a freaking witch game
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

LostFlunky

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 08/05/2015, 01:15 PMLove the user TurboZoneDirect1:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyond-Shadowgate-TurboGrafx-CD-Turbo-Duo-PC-Engine-Duo-R-RX-Super-cd-rom-2-/321738020741?hash=item4ae9149785
You could buy it and make a VERY good case for a Paypal "not as described" claim.  He listed it as "Very Good", which means that all original items are included...

Quote from: eBayDVDs & Movies, Music, Video Games

Condition

Description

Brand New

An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer's sealing (if applicable). Item is in original shrink wrap (if applicable). See the seller's listing for full details.

Like New

An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Very Good

An item that is used but still in very good condition. No damage to the jewel case or item cover, no scuffs, scratches cracks, or holes. The cover art and liner notes are included. The VHS or DVD box is included. The video game instructions and box are included. The teeth of disk holder are undamaged. Minimal wear on the exterior of item. No skipping on CD/DVD. No fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Good

An item in used but good condition. May have minor damage to jewel case including scuffs or cracks, or to the item cover including scuffs, scratches, or cracks. The cover art and liner notes are included for a CD. VHS or DVD box is included. Video game instructions are included. No skipping on CD/DVD. No fuzzy/snowy frames on VHS tape. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Acceptable

An item with obvious and significant wear but is still operational. May have tears or holes in VHS/DVD box. The video game instructions and box may not be included. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Mathius

LOL @ Ferengi. It's so obvious that I can't believe I didn't think of it before now.  :lol:

bob

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyond-Shadowgate-TurboGrafx-CD-Turbo-Duo-PC-Engine-Duo-R-RX-Super-cd-rom-2-/321738020741?hash=item4ae9149785
Funny, i recently sold the manual/poster for BS on ebay. TZD1 put a bid on it and i cancelled it. He promptly emailed me asking why.  I responded that many people didnt like him using the name, and his overall slimy practices.  Then i put him in my ban list.

esteban

Quote from: agent_orange on 08/05/2015, 05:35 PM
Funny, i recently sold the manual/poster for BS on ebay. TZD1 put a bid on it and i cancelled it. He promptly emailed me asking why.  I responded that many people didnt like him using the name, and his overall slimy practices.  Then i put him in my ban list.
Yes, it is totally lame to use that moniker.

If he used RedFrogUSA, it would be more appropriate.

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

CrackTiger

Quote from: turboswimbz on 08/09/2015, 07:30 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/ROCKMAN-NEC-PC-ENGINE-JAPAN-IMPORT-RARE-RARE-NEW-IN-CARDBOARD-SLEEVE-US-SELLER-/331624916113?hash=item4d3662a491

Yeah, Imma just leave that there.

I seriously  hate this guy/gal. (as well as that bootleegin SOB)
"I'll gladly sell bootlegs as rare collectibles at ten times the price, but I will not deal with any lousy Hawaiians or Puerto Ricans." [-(
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

HailingTheThings

1000angrysoccermoms agree:

"Only the dark lord can judge meh!"

IMGIMGIMGIMG *cue her slow-motion laughing like a jackass for full effect*
IMG

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DeshDildo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191659123902?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

BEWARE OF THIS LISTING.  It is extremely misleading.  Everything about the description talks about "cases" and the picture shows 4 cases in the picture.  The seller also goes on to say that he has multiple cases (around 20).  Based off of this, one would assume that he is selling in 4 case lots.  So I ordered and only received one single case in the mail.  Seriously, $25 plus shipping for a SINGLE case!  They are listed as new old stock from TTI but the front section is used.  I actually believe these are Aaron's 3D reprints.  I will compare it to a legit case once I get home later today.  Fuck this shit bag.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

DeshDildo

Quote from: guest on 08/20/2015, 01:36 PM
Quote from: Desh on 08/20/2015, 01:28 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/191659123902?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

BEWARE OF THIS LISTING.  It is extremely misleading.  Everything about the description talks about "cases" and the picture shows 4 cases in the picture.  The seller also goes on to say that he has multiple cases (around 20).  Based off of this, one would assume that he is selling in 4 case lots.  So I ordered and only received one single case in the mail.  Seriously, $25 plus shipping for a SINGLE case!  They are listed as new old stock from TTI but the front section is used.  I actually believe these are Aaron's 3D reprints.  I will compare it to a legit case once I get home later today.  Fuck this shit bag.
Heh, yeah, i asked him about it, too. I would have been pissed if i paid $25 and only received 1 case instead of the 4 he has in the picture. Fuck that. $10 sealed sonic spikes all day long if i need/want cases.  Plus, i've gotten several spams from him now offering to sell the cases and how he doesn't have many left and blah blah blah... even admits he copies and pastes the message to send to anyone who ever asked a question about the auction.
Re-reading Aaron's post about his printed cases and looking at the pictures, this Ebay seller does seem to have legit new TTi cases.  Screw this guy for being misleading.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

jelloslug

Quote from: Desh on 08/20/2015, 01:28 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/191659123902?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They are not 3D reprints, I can tell you that for sure.

NecroPhile

Check and see if they're the replacement cases TZD sold, which would presumably be the same as what TTi sold (if they ever did).  They're very nice, but they're recognizably different from originals.

NecroPhile

Ha!  That's for the seriously hardcore collectarding peeps.

esteban

NightWolve

We laugh and think nah, he'll never find a sucker for that, but I remember the guy that sold that clear plastic cartridge bag for, what was it, $20-$30 or something... :/

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/27/2015, 04:52 PMWe laugh and think nah, he'll never find a sucker for that, but I remember the guy that sold that clear plastic cartridge bag for, what was it, $20-$30 or something... :/
Wait...did he actually sell it? I know he was attempting to sell it...

:)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esteban on 08/27/2015, 05:42 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 08/27/2015, 04:52 PMWe laugh and think nah, he'll never find a sucker for that, but I remember the guy that sold that clear plastic cartridge bag for, what was it, $20-$30 or something... :/

I thought I remember it being sold.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/27/2015, 05:44 PM

Damn! You would think I would remember that bit!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: esteban on 08/27/2015, 05:47 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/27/2015, 05:44 PM

Damn! You would think I would remember that bit!
You're not....are you?

bob

esteban

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2015, 07:40 PMLolololol....

http://ebay.com/itm/231674626823

For $699.99 I will but my turbo magazine and binder of bliss for sale.

Extra bonus lulz:  zoom in on the mailing labels.  Makes me extra grrr about this one.
Considering I just raffled mine off grrrr.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2015, 07:40 PMLolololol....

http://ebay.com/itm/231674626823

For $699.99 I will but my turbo magazine and binder of bliss for sale.

Extra bonus lulz:  zoom in on the mailing labels.  Makes me extra grrr about this one.
Christopher Brown?  Or the fact that they were all sent to Indiana and are now being sold from Canada?

johnnykonami

What's the deal with the labels?  Somebody from here?

I have to buy an issue or two myself to fill in some holes where I think there were delivery problems, it kills me it will have someone else's name on those issues.

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2015, 07:55 PMCA in this case is California I think.

The name on the magazines, however, belongs to a revered member. Makes me sad to see these on the bay for megabux, because I'm sure they were sold for a fair price by him originally.
Can't imagine someone will spring $700 just for magazines and some books.  At least I hope not...

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/02/2015, 07:57 PM

The name on the magazines, however, belongs to a revered member. Makes me sad to see these on the bay for megabux, because I'm sure they were sold for a fair price by him originally.
Can't imagine someone will spring $700 just for magazines and some books.  At least I hope not...
About as dumb as someone spending $$$ for a card board box.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Never-used-Turbo-Grafx-16-PAL-Console-NOT-FOR-USA-CANADA-DAMAGED-BOX-/171787344599?hash=item27ff52dad7

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 09/02/2015, 07:56 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/02/2015, 07:53 PMWhat's the deal with the labels?  Somebody from here?

I have to buy an issue or two myself to fill in some holes where I think there were delivery problems, it kills me it will have someone else's name on those issues.
The labels are easy enough to peel off. Pm me if you want my super secret top secret technique.
Oh I wouldn't risk doing that!  I still have to see which ones I'm missing, it's only 1 or 2 I think.

LostFlunky

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/02/2015, 08:00 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/02/2015, 07:57 PM

About as dumb as someone spending $$$ for a card board box.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Never-used-Turbo-Grafx-16-PAL-Console-NOT-FOR-USA-CANADA-DAMAGED-BOX-/171787344599?hash=item27ff52dad7
Hunh?  The system is included, just no pack in game.  Still too high though...

LostFlunky

The auction page definitely states "Located in Canada".

wilykat

Not eBay but gouging related.  In Disc Replay in Flint, MI they had a couple TG-16 games in case with manual: Darkwing Duck and Cadash. Their price?  $150 each.  Cadash is probably 1/3 on eBay (and still too much) but Darkwing Duck WTF?? Why so expensive?
IMG
(sorry for bad picture, cheap shit cell phone camera)

They had another rare gem and someone with a bad case of tourette syndrome was hitting the keypad too many times:
IMG
I don't care for "Not for Resale" variation but there's about 2 9's too many somewhere to the left of decimal point.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: wilykat on 09/04/2015, 03:15 AMI don't care for "Not for Resale" variation but there's about 2 9's too many somewhere to the left of decimal point.
If that is the gray version, that is actually pretty much the going rate for that cart. Its hard to tell from the photo.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

I wouldn't say $2120 (with tax) is 'close', seeing as the two recent ebay auctions went for $1875 and $1600.  In any case, that's an awful lot of pennies for something not all that rare.

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/04/2015, 03:43 PMI wouldn't say $2120 (with tax) is 'close', seeing as the two recent ebay auctions went for $1875 and $1600.  In any case, that's an awful lot of pennies for something not all that rare.
You're saying that asking $250 - $500 above "fair market value" is gouging?

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 09/04/2015, 04:24 PMYou're saying that asking $250 - $500 above "fair market value" is gouging?
Perish the thought!!!  :lol:

fsa

Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

NecroPhile

Yarr, that's bat shit crazy (and not a sold price).  Soldier Blade has been pricey for years, but you should still be able to snag a sealed copy for less than a tenth of that or boxed complete copy for 1/20th.

johnnykonami

Quote from: fsa on 09/08/2015, 04:48 PMHas anyone seen this one, I love Shmups but this is f**king off the charts. Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soldier-Blade-TurboGrafx-16-1992-BIG-BOX-NEW-SEALED-VERY-RARE/262002400137
Whenever I feel like a good frown, I like to visit this thread.  Gotta love the installment payment option - only "$834 for 6 months"!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: fsa on 09/08/2015, 04:48 PMHas anyone seen this one, I love Shmups but this is f**king off the charts. Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soldier-Blade-TurboGrafx-16-1992-BIG-BOX-NEW-SEALED-VERY-RARE/262002400137
If I were a millionaire who had cash to blow, I would buy up all the sealed copies and open and play them. This is about the most retarded thing ever.

Mathius

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 09/08/2015, 11:30 PM

If I were a millionaire who had cash to blow, I would buy up all the sealed copies and open and play them. This is about the most retarded thing ever.
I'd buy them all up and give them away here to those that deserve them.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Mathius on 09/08/2015, 11:35 PM

I'd buy them all up and give them away here to those that deserve them.
+1, I would too especially if I had it already. What has become of our beloved hobby? It just seems people want to get rich quick and see this as an "investment" instead of entertainment. If you are going to invest in something, go invest in stocks and precious metals and leave my retro games alone! lol

MasonSushi

People go to ebay because they dont knowbor care about the community. They dont the hasstle of waiting for somebody on a forum to have the excact game in the exact condition they are looking for. They will pay a premium for that laziness. I am guilty myself. Cant lie about it. I try to keep it at a minimun and refuse to pay the stupid prices. Although i dont have a high post count here i used to spend quite a bit of time on the instant message board. Its all about supporting the gaming community. Too bad people whom have no interest in the games are sitting aroung messing with the economy of our hobby.

jtucci31

You know, I've had daydreams like that too. Winning the lottery and buying as many games as I want and quitting school/job to just play all day long. The problem is, the dumbass seller would then get the money they're asking for. There's no winning in any situation!