PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CGQuarterly

I have a sealed copy of that game.  Maybe I should see if he wants to buy it for $300.  That would be $100 of pure profit for him.

Chris

Sparky

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

NecroPhile

Quote from: chany60126 on 09/07/2011, 09:35 AMWow: $1500 US Magical Chase
It's $99.95 for Magical Chase huey and manual and $1400 for the ultra rare, minty Power League IV case.  Totally worth it.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jlued686

$1500...Jesus...

I'm never going to complete my collection, am I?

RR1980

Mishran

Ok, now this is getting out of hand. Someone reach out and slap these idiots!

SuperPlay

Quote from: guest on 09/07/2011, 09:54 AM
Quote from: chany60126 on 09/07/2011, 09:35 AMWow: $1500 US Magical Chase
It's $99.95 for Magical Chase huey and manual and $1400 for the ultra rare, minty Power League IV case.  Totally worth it.
LOL :-) :-)

I also agree with RR1980 "not even CIB......"

Dyna138

I saw that Magical Chase for $1500 and thought it wouldn't sell, but sure enough it did. Seems like people throw all rational thought out the window when it comes to this game. I hope all the kids with trust funds complete their TG collection and move on to something else so I can find a card only for a decent price one day.

Mishran

Quote from: Dyna138 on 09/07/2011, 10:21 PMSeems like people throw all rational thought out the window when it comes to this game.
That is exactly why we can expect to see the price for this game to continue to inflate. Unless I chance on a copy at a pawn shop or flea market, I don't plan to ever add it to my collection.  The price of the PC Engine version is even going up I've already noticed.

SMF

Quote from: RR1980 on 09/07/2011, 11:18 AMdamn and it's not even CIB......
I seen a sealed Magical Chase go for over $2000 ($2600 i think) The way this game sells hate to say it but its a good deal if you have the cash to throw around. 1 recently sold for $1900 with book and game. Surprised he didnt do auction style on this tho. He could have gotten close to $1800.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

chany60126

Quote from: SMF on 09/08/2011, 08:55 PM
I seen a sealed Magical Chase go for over $2000 ($2600 i think) The way this game sells hate to say it but its a good deal if you have the cash to throw around. 1 recently sold for $1900 with book and game. Surprised he didnt do auction style on this tho. He could have gotten close to $1800.
$1500, good deal?? [-( That price is insane, even by ebay standards.

nat

I seen a sealed Magical Chase go for over $2000 ($2600 i think) The way this game sells hate to say it but its a good deal
HA HA

That is all.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

SMF

Quote from: nat on 09/08/2011, 09:21 PM
I seen a sealed Magical Chase go for over $2000 ($2600 i think) The way this game sells hate to say it but its a good deal
HA HA

That is all.
LOL dont get me wrong now, I aint saying i would spend that much for a dam game. Just saying what i seen them go for the past few years. and the way its going that price is sure to climb. Only because we are true collectors and and wouldnt get rid of our collections unless drastic measures made us. The average video game consumer wants to make money off people trying to collect a complete set.

But i will say this, I wish i had his cash to buy games for that price lol.

Mathius

I ain't buying any one game for that amount of money. Even if I could afford it. That's a lot of money to pay just to pull it out once in a while to oogle at it.

CrackTiger

Quote from: chany60126 on 09/08/2011, 09:10 PM
$1500, good deal?? [-( That price is insane, even by ebay standards.
Although $2600 for a sealed copy is ridiculous, the proportionate value of that worn and incomplete copy for $1500 buy-it-now would be $400 tops. The bulk of the collectible value of casesless turbochips like that is the box and insert and such, particularly their condition.

Too many wanna be collectors are oblivious to the concept of premium prices for premium items. Instead they're taking the highest selling price for a mint completely complete item that is common as incomplete, but rare as fully complete... And price their ratty inconplete copy at 75% of that already inflated price.

Which would be bad enough, but other ignorant sellers, who base the values of rarez they know nothing about on a five minute internet search, will go and base a proportionate value of their more complete item on those compromised incomplete asking (and rare selling)  prices.

After a few cycles we wind up with games like Magical Chase spiralling out of control.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

geise

Why couldn't they just stick to SNES VGA rated crap and leave the Turbo alone like they did when it really was on the store shelves?

Sparky

wow looks like someone spends to much time on ebay :P
Looking only towards ebay for market values ends with a rude awakening on forums like these. Not trying to be a dick, but ebay can be a fools market, with crazy BIN and overbidding all the time how can it be taken serious?

SMF

Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 06:09 PM
Looking only towards ebay for market values ends with a rude awakening on forums like these. Not trying to be a dick, but ebay can be a fools market, with crazy BIN and overbidding all the time how can it be taken serious?
O I agree eBays a joke when it comes to morons looking to make a quick buck off the newbie Turbo collectors. Kinda makes me wanna sell off my collection and go on a nice vacation for a few weeks the way people want games. But I've also snagged some sweet deals on eBay 1 being Super Adventure Island for $23 bucks. Generic case but manuel and Hu-card.

CrackTiger

Quote from: SMF on 09/11/2011, 03:41 AM
Quote from: guest on 09/10/2011, 06:09 PM
O I agree eBays a joke when it comes to morons looking to make a quick buck off the newbie Turbo collectors. Kinda makes me wanna sell off my collection and go on a nice vacation for a few weeks the way people want games. But I've also snagged some sweet deals on eBay 1 being Super Adventure Island for $23 bucks. Generic case but manuel and Hu-card.
If you're talking about the TurboGrafx-16 version of New Adventure Island, that's not bad for current eBay. :wink:
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

JapanTokei

http://www.ebay.com/sch/born-invincible/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984

There is this seller selling off his collection over the next few weekends.  Not directly gouging but he seems to have the magical powers to conjure up some pretty high bids. 

Golden Axe for $10?  Bonanza Bros for $36?  Galaxy Deka Galvan for $36?  heck, he even got a $5 bid for Pastel Lime!! 

I had Galaxy Deka - it was such crap and uninteresting though peculiar title indeed.  I couldn't beg someone to buy it for $10 last year and I think i ended up bundling it with 30 other games and sold it with a system set. 

Kudos to this guy !   

btw, is Bonanze Bros rare at all?  I have it too (no spine), and the game is AWESOME - 2 player fun, but wasn't sure it's actually rare/hard to find??

nectarsis

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/12/2011, 11:14 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/sch/born-invincible/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984

There is this seller selling off his collection over the next few weekends.  Not directly gouging but he seems to have the magical powers to conjure up some pretty high bids.  

Golden Axe for $10?  Bonanza Bros for $36?  Galaxy Deka Galvan for $36?  heck, he even got a $5 bid for Pastel Lime!!  

I had Galaxy Deka - it was such crap and uninteresting though peculiar title indeed.  I couldn't beg someone to buy it for $10 last year and I think i ended up bundling it with 30 other games and sold it with a system set.  

Kudos to this guy !    

btw, is Bonanze Bros rare at all?  I have it too (no spine), and the game is AWESOME - 2 player fun, but wasn't sure it's actually rare/hard to find??
Galaxy Deka is fairly uncommon, and doesn't show up often...$10 was DEF a steal for whoever nabbed it.  Bonanza Bros is a bit more common, but hardly a bargain bin title.  GA for $10 is hardly out of wack.  $5 for Pastel Lime (mind you it's listed as NEW) is still only $5. ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

RR1980

well those are auctions so they have all went up in prices already like I was watching the chiki chiki boys within one bid it already went up over $20 and it's at $26 with 5 days remaining :-S

JapanTokei

RR:  I wanted to nab the Renny Blaster myself -- but dissappointed to see it's the one without spine...

Senshi

I fear that the high prices of Turbo stuff is pulling the prices of PCE stuff up now as well.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Senshi on 09/13/2011, 10:30 AMI fear that the high prices of Turbo stuff is pulling the prices of PCE stuff up now as well.
It's been happening for years with select titles. For the longest time Sylphia was common and sold or even didn't always sell at an asking price of $30. Then it got Magical Chased and hasn't turned around since. :/

NecroPhile

It's only a handful of titles that have gone nuts, thankfully.  Most PCE titles are as cheap or cheaper than they were ten years ago.

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 09/13/2011, 12:07 PMIt's only a handful of titles that have gone nuts, thankfully.  Most PCE titles are as cheap or cheaper than they were ten years ago.
Exactly. I was happy to spend $100+ on PCE games during the 90's that go for very little now and have no regrets. I've since been fortunate enough to buy hundreds(?) of games for a fraction of those prices. :-)

Also, it's still only a handful of Turbo games that have some crazy collectible prices and most have cheap PCE alternatives.

JapanTokei

Bonanza is sooo much fun.  Golden axe cd is horrible on the other hand...  Utter junk to he point of unplayble imo

Quote from: nectarsis on 09/12/2011, 11:28 PM
Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/12/2011, 11:14 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/sch/born-invincible/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3984

There is this seller selling off his collection over the next few weekends.  Not directly gouging but he seems to have the magical powers to conjure up some pretty high bids. 

Golden Axe for $10?  Bonanza Bros for $36?  Galaxy Deka Galvan for $36?  heck, he even got a $5 bid for Pastel Lime!! 

I had Galaxy Deka - it was such crap and uninteresting though peculiar title indeed.  I couldn't beg someone to buy it for $10 last year and I think i ended up bundling it with 30 other games and sold it with a system set. 

Kudos to this guy !   

btw, is Bonanze Bros rare at all?  I have it too (no spine), and the game is AWESOME - 2 player fun, but wasn't sure it's actually rare/hard to find?? 
Galaxy Deka is fairly uncommon, and doesn't show up often...$10 was DEF a steal for whoever nabbed it.  Bonanza Bros is a bit more common, but hardly a bargain bin title.  GA for $10 is hardly out of wack.  $5 for Pastel Lime (mind you it's listed as NEW) is still only $5. ;)

SMF

NecroPhile

That douche has been mentioned before, but he's still fun to mock.  :twisted:

Complete?!?  Complete dipshit perhaps, but not even close to a complete Turbob collection.

Speaking of dipshits: $200 for a Super System Card sans case and $250 for a complete Super System Card.  ](*,)

RR1980

yeah we have seen  that ebay lot before....hmm notice how he never mentioned if any of the Duos are actually in working condition....

GameFreak

Oh I want this at a much cheaper price (I would not consider this item gouging,...maybe a little) I would NOT pay that much for this but it makes me droooool =P~ just looking at it. If anyone has one without the box or even the speakers for much cheaper,...LET ME KNOW! I want one.  http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-ROM-ROM-AMP-Console-Boxed-Brand-New-JAPAN-1301-/220852783356?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336bda08fc

JapanTokei

Thats total bs fir the romrom amp.  You csn find them in jspan for 7000 yen still if lucky

SMF

nectarsis

Quote from: SMF on 09/18/2011, 02:17 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/250894686044?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
I didnt know Cotton was selling for this now adays.
Sad part is it jumped pretty much that high VERY shortly after it was listed.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Senshi

Quote from: JapanTokei on 09/15/2011, 04:47 AMThats total bs fir the romrom amp.  You csn find them in jspan for 7000 yen still if lucky
Well if you do see one for that amount Tokei I'd pay you a commission to pick one up :)

SMF

Quote from: nectarsis on 09/18/2011, 03:53 PM
Quote from: SMF on 09/18/2011, 02:17 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/250894686044?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Thank god i picked mine up years ago when Turbo was going out at its about games.

Wonder if its gonna hit $200

Senshi

Mathius

Quote from: Senshi on 09/22/2011, 03:40 PMhttp://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/2518419217.html

sound like a deal?
Considering that one douche on ebay would sell one similar for about $1500 I'd say go for it. If it was me I'd try to talk the seller down $50.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Senshi on 09/22/2011, 03:40 PM$200 mint, boxed TG-16

sound like a deal?
I wouldn't pay more than $100 for that, and only then if it and the Bonk's Adventure were truly mint/complete.

SMF

OMG, its come to the point that anything TG 16 people are gonna try to jack up the prices on it. Wonder if Keith Courage will be listing at at $20 BIN soon.

Sadler

Quote from: SMF on 09/19/2011, 01:06 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 09/18/2011, 03:53 PM
Thank god i picked mine up years ago when Turbo was going out at its about games.

Wonder if its gonna hit $200
Wow, that dude has Cotton, Dynastic Hero and Beyond Shadowgate for sale? I'm probably a six pack away from depleting my savings.

NecroPhile

For a change of pace, here's a few good deals that recently went down on eBay:

$99 TG-16 w/ base and CD
$40 copy of Cotton (US)
$75 copy of Bonk 3 - Bonk's Big Adventure CD

Did anyone here get any of these?

Mishran

And i was searching eBay for those two games earlier today dammit! Piss poor luck strikes again. ](*,)

Senshi

Quote from: guest on 09/22/2011, 05:30 PMFor a change of pace, here's a few good deals that recently went down on eBay:

$99 TG-16 w/ base and CD
$40 copy of Cotton (US)

That turbo could be a good deal but if that CD attachment didn't work i'd be upset. The listing just looks too risky. 'I have no cables to test" just sounds like "i found this in a dumpster or stole it".

SMF

Quote from: guest on 09/22/2011, 05:30 PMFor a change of pace, here's a few good deals that recently went down on eBay:

$99 TG-16 w/ base and CD
$40 copy of Cotton (US)

Those seem really odd to me, those are 2 of the sweet spot games on the TG and only 1 bid each. Seem fishy to me. Even the sucky games gets bids on them. But if its legit then DAM what a steal.