RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tggodfrey

Quote from: Sadler on 01/17/2012, 11:41 PM
Quote from: alexsduo on 01/17/2012, 11:19 PMOh, I got that a while ago... (comic)

Ninja Castle is sick, I bought some sealed games, but I am scared to open them...
Unless you have another copy, rip that shit open! You bought it, might as well play it! :D
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

SMF

Quote from: tggodfrey on 01/17/2012, 11:48 PM
Quote from: Sadler on 01/17/2012, 11:41 PM
Quote from: alexsduo on 01/17/2012, 11:19 PMOh, I got that a while ago... (comic)

Ninja Castle is sick, I bought some sealed games, but I am scared to open them...
Unless you have another copy, rip that shit open! You bought it, might as well play it! :D
HELLS TO THE YES, TURBOB GAMES ARE MENT TO BE PLAYED NOT DISPLAYED.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

SuperPlay

Quote from: Sadler on 01/17/2012, 10:36 PMAnyone know what the deal is with ebay seller Ninja Castle? He has tons of new TG16 stuff and prices that at least I don't mind. Did he get some significant portion of red frog's stuff?
I have used Ninja Castle on several occasions for both PCE and TG stuff.  Great seller :@)

Before you ask no I am not NinjaCastle ;-) LOL

alexsduo

yes, of course, it is a dub.

Did, I ever tell you guys the story where I lent turbob games back in high school? (I can't remember)
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Bernie

Not on Ebay, YET..  But the guy here selling the Magical Chase box...  The damn box, just the fucking box...  He is asking $1200.00 and some change, PLUS...PLUSSSSSS  2% for Paypal fees...  WTF.  SO, like I said its not on Ebay yet, but I suspect it will go there soon.   He is offering free shipping worldwide..  What a great guy, ya know..  Why cant everyone be like him?

Mishran

Quote from: bernielindell on 01/19/2012, 08:59 AMNot on Ebay, YET..  But the guy here selling the Magical Chase box...  The damn box, just the fucking box...  He is asking $1200.00 and some change, PLUS...PLUSSSSSS  2% for Paypal fees...  WTF.  SO, like I said its not on Ebay yet, but I suspect it will go there soon.   He is offering free shipping worldwide..  What a great guy, ya know..  Why cant everyone be like him?
Collecting boxes is a total waste of time and money, IMO What is the point? I have a few games in boxes that I keep, but if space restraint becomes an issue, in the trash with them.

I'll win the lottery, buy that box and post a youtube vid of me burning the damn thing. I've been reading too many of Arkhan's posts... :-k

alexsduo

Me thinks that you can't ask buyers to pay the processing fees..  Ebay has been getting shittier and shittier as you all know.  And the quality of sellers is getting worse, everything is now "rare" not made anymore, out of print and etc, and "demands" high prices...

I have had ebay auctions pulled for:
1.  saying I would accept
a.  cash
b.  Iraqi Dinar
c.  Gold Bullion
d.  paypal, if it was in your account and not from a credit card (used to be free?)

btw, not sure if you guys know, but Chase lets you send money "person to person" and there is no fee (useful for paying people on the interwebznets, when you kind of know someone)

You don't even have to be a Chase member, you can just sign up, ( I am not sure how that works)  Disclosure, I do not have any stock in Chase. 

1200 and change?!, didn't the last one sell for 1500 with a box, or maybe a few ago?

NecroPhile

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 01:39 PMSpeaking of Magical Chase: $230 + shipping.  A little high for the Japanese version?
Definitely.  Regular auctions end more in the $150-175 range.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Round eye is invading the imports! crap.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SMF

Quote from: bernielindell on 01/19/2012, 08:59 AMNot on Ebay, YET..  But the guy here selling the Magical Chase box...  The damn box, just the fucking box...  He is asking $1200.00 and some change, PLUS...PLUSSSSSS  2% for Paypal fees...  WTF.  SO, like I said its not on Ebay yet, but I suspect it will go there soon.   He is offering free shipping worldwide..  What a great guy, ya know..  Why cant everyone be like him?
What a f-ing joke, What a few months ago someone sold a COMPLETE Magical Chase with box for (I think) $1700. People like him asking that much for a box makes me sick and just goes to show they arnt collecting to enjoy the games but to profit.

Not saying he should give te box away. A couple hundred is too still too high but by ebay standards reasonable.

NecroPhile

Just another guy that begged the forum for help in finishing their collection, then 'returned the favor'.  Thanks, chief.  :|

I've said it before and I'll say it again: why don't these people take their shit to eBay if they want eBay prices?  The asking price is equal to an eBay price of $1313.39 ($1250 + $37.64 PayPal fees + $25.75 in missed eBay Bucks), so thanks for giving the forum a break.  :roll:

alexsduo

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 01/19/2012, 02:12 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 01:39 PMSpeaking of Magical Chase: $230 + shipping.  A little high for the Japanese version?
Definitely.  Regular auctions end more in the $150-175 range.
Then It's been climbing, for no apparent reason other than maybe the ridiculous prices that the US version is fetching.

BigusSchmuck

Then we got shit like this going on:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dungeon-Explorer-II-Super-CD-Very-Rare-TurboGrafx-TG16-TurboDuo-/250973013874?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a6f284772
Where the PCE version goes for a tenth of that. Man, it sucks cause its one of those games I really want for my collection, but I'm in no way in hell going to pay $180+ for it.

Bernie

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 06:21 PMThen we got shit like this going on:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dungeon-Explorer-II-Super-CD-Very-Rare-TurboGrafx-TG16-TurboDuo-/250973013874?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a6f284772
Where the PCE version goes for a tenth of that. Man, it sucks cause its one of those games I really want for my collection, but I'm in no way in hell going to pay $180+ for it.
Thats not really a bad price, not an excellent one, but still not terrible.  I got lucky with mine last year and picked it up for 130.00, but it normally goes for way more.  Contact the seller and offer him something, he says in the description that he will take offers on it.

Flare65

Quote from: bernielindell on 01/19/2012, 06:27 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 06:21 PMThen we got shit like this going on:
Thats not really a bad price, not an excellent one, but still not terrible.  I got lucky with mine last year and picked it up for 130.00, but it normally goes for way more.  Contact the seller and offer him something, he says in the description that he will take offers on it. 
Even $130.00 is a stretch for that game.  In all honesty, it isn't that great of a game to begin with.  Uncommon, yes.  Worth over  $100.00??  Hell NO!

Sadler

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/19/2012, 06:43 PM
Even $130.00 is a stretch for that game.  In all honesty, it isn't that great of a game to begin with.  Uncommon, yes.  Worth over  $100.00??  Hell NO!
:-s

No comment on the price, but DE2 is freakin' awesome. Easily one of the best games for system.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Sadler on 01/19/2012, 06:46 PM
:-s

No comment on the price, but DE2 is freakin' awesome. Easily one of the best games for system.
But is it worth almost $200? Thats the question. Hell, I could sell my entire Dragon Quest collection and get that easily...

Sadler

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 06:47 PMBut is it worth almost $200? Thats the question. Hell, I could sell my entire Dragon Quest collection and get that easily...
I'm probably the wrong person to ask that. :D I will say that I didn't realize that it was considered rare until recently. I had no problem picking it up BITD, have seen it several times in stores used since then, and was able to pick up a copy at a local store about 2 years ago for well under $100, though I don't remember the exact cost.

hoobs88

Quote from: Sadler on 01/19/2012, 06:50 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/19/2012, 06:47 PMBut is it worth almost $200? Thats the question. Hell, I could sell my entire Dragon Quest collection and get that easily...
I'm probably the wrong person to ask that. :D I will say that I didn't realize that it was considered rare until recently. I had no problem picking it up BITD, have seen it several times in stores used since then, and was able to pick up a copy at a local store about 2 years ago for well under $100, though I don't remember the exact cost.
I've seen it fetch $70-$90 over the past few years until gougers recently set the the price to $150-$200.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

BigusSchmuck

It really pisses me off, almost every game I want for the duo now costs over $100 on the bay. *sigh* I guess I better put up a list of what I want to buy/trade. And now we got the "ys" gougers too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-III-Wanderers-Ys-Turbo-Grafx-CD-TG16-w-Manual-Case-/270825780354?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f0e797482

munchiaz

^ pure BS, Blue was selling that shit for like $20. Makes me mad because i really want it to.

Mishran

Can't completely blame the sellers. When idiots pay ridiculous prices for the games, the sellers continue to test the waters by raising the prices higher knowing someone out there will be stupid enough to pay it. Way too much money being thrown around these days.

geise

Quote from: Mishran on 01/20/2012, 07:26 AMCan't completely blame the sellers. When idiots pay ridiculous prices for the games, the sellers continue to test the waters by raising the prices higher knowing someone out there will be stupid enough to pay it. Way too much money being thrown around these days.
That has always been the problem from the get go.  If people would do a bit of research and know what a game "truely" goes for then there wouldn't be such rediculous prices.

Mishran

Quote from: geise on 01/20/2012, 09:01 AM
Quote from: Mishran on 01/20/2012, 07:26 AMCan't completely blame the sellers. When idiots pay ridiculous prices for the games, the sellers continue to test the waters by raising the prices higher knowing someone out there will be stupid enough to pay it. Way too much money being thrown around these days.
That has always been the problem from the get go.  If people would do a bit of research and know what a game "truely" goes for then there wouldn't be such rediculous prices. 
A test a patience. Something most collectors lack these days. Its "gotta have it all and have it now" and eBay sellers know that and reflect the prices based off that lack of patience.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: Mishran on 01/20/2012, 09:10 AM
Quote from: geise on 01/20/2012, 09:01 AM
A test a patience. Something most collectors lack these days. Its "gotta have it all and have it now" and eBay sellers know that and reflect the prices based off that lack of patience.
Yeah, I bid on auctions nearly every day, but like a game of poker you really have to know when to fold. If you don't check the sites very often you'll think the game/hardware is rarer than it really is because it's uncommon or fetches high prices, but if you are patient and keep looking eventually you'll find it at a good price. Even the good old Magical Chase, I'm sure.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/19/2012, 06:43 PMIn all honesty, it isn't that great of a game to begin with.
Don't make me punch you!  :evil:

CrackTiger

Have you played through Dungeon Explorer II? If so, with which characters? What was not great about it?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

BigusSchmuck

Yet another super gouge:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270833858922?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649
$439.99 for Cotton, also offereing $439.99 for a "new" Dungeon Explorer 2!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260872813191?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649
Poweredupvideogames strikes again!
Time to spam him with lowball offers!

Senshi

The price will be what the market will bear. Apparently it can bear quite a bit.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

nectarsis

If these ridiculous BIN's don't actually get purchased they have NO bearing on "the market"
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

SMF

Its when some seller gets ahold of the same $439 game and they think if the games that rare ill list mine for higher and can afford to sit on it for months until some newb comes along sees his listed for $600 and they think $439 is a fucking steal.

Senshi

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/20/2012, 03:34 PMIf these ridiculous BIN's don't actually get purchased they have NO bearing on "the market"
For sure, but I think sometimes they base these prices off of some finished auctions. I think this has happened with Bomberman 93 (US) lately. The buy it nows don't bother me, its the crazy bids that get put up for stuff.

Flare65

Quote from: guest on 01/20/2012, 09:23 AM
Quote from: Flare65 on 01/19/2012, 06:43 PMIn all honesty, it isn't that great of a game to begin with.
Don't make me punch you!  :evil:
Lol...  Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that.  I did own Dungeon Explorer II back in the late 90's and have played through it.  Music was good.  Cut scenes were alright.  I found the game play very repetitive and boring.  Basically a race through each dungeon to the end, mindlessly blasting enemies in your way (Ever play Loaded on playstation1?)  Doing it with another person was tough because of the screen edge issue that plagued the first game.  Not enough difference between the characters either...  A fighter threw a sword, a Wizard threw a fireball...  basically same exact character with a different paint job.

MotherGunner

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/20/2012, 08:32 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/20/2012, 09:23 AM
Lol...  Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that.  I did own Dungeon Explorer II back in the late 90's and have played through it.  Music was good.  Cut scenes were alright.  I found the game play very repetitive and boring.  Basically a race through each dungeon to the end, mindlessly blasting enemies in your way.  Doing it with another person was tough because of the screen edge issue that plagued the first game.  Not enough difference between the characters either...  A fighter threw a sword, a Wizard threw a fireball...  basically same exact character with a different paint job. 
SILENCE!!!

IMG

Lol jk!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Flare65

I'll crawl back to another message thread now.... didn't mean to start a war in here!  Sorry guys!

MotherGunner

Lol only playing Flare65 (Mentioned below the pic of Moses). 

=)
-MG

BigusSchmuck

Found this on the bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lords-Thunder-Turbo-Duo-Grafx-16-Super-CD-VERY-EXCELLENT-COMPLETE-CASE-/320825320235?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4ab2ade32b
I LOLed when he said go google it for a better price and I found one for half of what he was offering on the amazon. :P

hoobs88

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/21/2012, 02:35 PMFound this on the bay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lords-Thunder-Turbo-Duo-Grafx-16-Super-CD-VERY-EXCELLENT-COMPLETE-CASE-/320825320235?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4ab2ade32b
I LOLed when he said go google it for a better price and I found one for half of what he was offering on the amazon. :P
You could still get sealed ones for less than that up until a few years ago.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

CrackTiger

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/21/2012, 02:35 PMFound this on the bay:
Don't tell them about it or they will buy them all up and advertise them all on eBay at double.

Quote from: Senshi on 01/20/2012, 07:25 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 01/20/2012, 03:34 PMIf these ridiculous BIN's don't actually get purchased they have NO bearing on "the market"
For sure, but I think sometimes they base these prices off of some finished auctions. I think this has happened with Bomberman 93 (US) lately. The buy it nows don't bother me, its the crazy bids that get put up for stuff.
What about every time a game fails to sell at a high price. Each of those is a measure of how overpriced they are for the current market. Let alone all the games that sell for a fraction of the occasional gouging.

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/20/2012, 08:32 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/20/2012, 09:23 AM
Lol...  Everyone has their own opinion and I respect that.  I did own Dungeon Explorer II back in the late 90's and have played through it.  Music was good.  Cut scenes were alright.  I found the game play very repetitive and boring.  Basically a race through each dungeon to the end, mindlessly blasting enemies in your way (Ever play Loaded on playstation1?)  Doing it with another person was tough because of the screen edge issue that plagued the first game.  Not enough difference between the characters either...  A fighter threw a sword, a Wizard threw a fireball...  basically same exact character with a different paint job. 
So it's not the game that you don't appreciate, it's the series. I totally get why some people view games like Dungeon Explorer like this, I just don't understand why all the hits for popular consoles that have the same attributes are worshiped and praised at being without flaws.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

CrackTiger

Bernie

Thinking about selling my MM3 and Beyond Shadowgate on Ebay for the low price of $1250.00!  Unless someone here wants em, although you must include 2% for the Paypal fees.  Cant beat that deal, hell I will even ship for free.  

Free shipping includes plastic sandwich bag, no tape

CrackTiger

Quote from: SMF on 01/19/2012, 03:22 PM
What a f-ing joke, What a few months ago someone sold a COMPLETE Magical Chase with box for (I think) $1700. People like him asking that much for a box makes me sick and just goes to show they arnt collecting to enjoy the games but to profit.

Not saying he should give te box away. A couple hundred is too still too high but by ebay standards reasonable.
I understand why some people can't bring themselves to not make as much as they can for an item that, if they sell it at a lower fair price, would still get jacked up by the buyer who would instead earn the difference. But once again someone who doesn't understand collecting is trying to make a quick buck with something worth so much less than they believe. The Magical Chase HuCard, manual and box aren't equal pieces of a complete set. The game is the item and the rest are accessories. The game demands the collectors price and the box and manual only hold full value when combined with the rest. A completely complete game/item can demand a premium, but the individual pieces are all worth less separately as loose incomplete pieces. For the MC box to be worth $1300, the complete game must sell regularly for $8000 - $10000. Even with the MC market completely absorbed into the realm of fantasy, passed around by resellers only who are trying to flip it for a cut before the market completely implodes... it still never sells any where near that.

BigusSchmuck

Found yet another Bork:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bonk-3-Bonks-Big-Adventure-TurboGrafx-16-Manual-Only-/250617950446?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a59fe70ee
$275.94 for a Bonk 3 manual!? Man this guy goes up there with Mr. 1250 Magical Chase Card board box. lol

JapanTokei

Bernie I still need that poster for Beyond Shadowgate.  I think it's worth more than the MC box.. so how about I offer you you $1450.99 for it?  lol. 

Quote from: bernielindell on 01/21/2012, 06:25 PMThinking about selling my MM3 and Beyond Shadowgate on Ebay for the low price of $1250.00!  Unless someone here wants em, although you must include 2% for the Paypal fees.  Cant beat that deal, hell I will even ship for free. 

Free shipping includes plastic sandwich bag, no tape

Keith Courage

MotherGunner

Actually that's not a bad deal, someone should really snatch that up!
-MG

SuperPlay

Senshi

Quote from: MotherGunner on 01/22/2012, 02:05 PMActually that's not a bad deal, someone should really snatch that up!
Seems like a lot to me for something broke.