@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: jperryss on 07/20/2012, 04:57 PMNow he just needs to tell us how he managed to catch it in under 10 minutes.
I'm down to only a few legitimate games left to go and I did my compulsive search for turbografx and that Dynastic Hero and SAZ listing both showed up, I don't have SAZ so I raced to do a Buy It Now. This particular seller required you do a full paypal checkout to actually buyt it. I checked out and felt good, I figured someone else might want DH so I clicked on the listing and clicked BIN after clicking BIN I was told the DH was no longer available. I already have it, so it wasn't a big loss to me besides as a substantial piece of trade bait in acquiring the final two games to complete my US collection. I'm just thrilled to get the SAZ.
--DragonmasterDan

roflmao

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

VenomMacbeth

Guys, I'm eyeballing this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-Hu-RAIDEN-Grafx-PCE-Import-JAPAN-Video-Game-pe-/360470044016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53edb05d70#ht_3637wt_1037

I'm not sure if this is reasonable or not, but it falls within my monthly fun budget and...you know...it's Raiden. >_>
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

VestCunt

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/22/2012, 04:16 AMGuys, I'm eyeballing this...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-Hu-RAIDEN-Grafx-PCE-Import-JAPAN-Video-Game-pe-/360470044016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53edb05d70#ht_3637wt_1037

I'm not sure if this is reasonable or not, but it falls within my monthly fun budget and...you know...it's Raiden. >_>
Any reason you want the PCE hucard? The U.S. version generally auctions for around $30. If you can play Super CD's, I'd recommend going to Amazon and getting Super Raiden for $25 (basically the same game and the red book tunes are mind-blowing awesome).
Topic Adjourned.

CrackTiger

I bought Raiden for TG-16 off eBay a few months ago for 20.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

OtokonoZenyou

Despite all the crazy prices and all the more people getting into our hobby now days, it is still possible to find decent deals on Ebay. Just rather rare, and have to be quite fast and sneaky about it!

PikachuWarrior

IMG

VenomMacbeth

I don't have the hardware to play US Hucards, unfortunately.  I've only got the white core PCE.  Which also means no CDs. :/

And I'm not a fan of the Redbook audio tracks in Super Raiden.  In fact, the original soundtrack & the PCE Hucard's soundtrack are my two favorite versions of the Raiden OST.  "Gallantry" just kicks so much ass.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

KnightWarrior

How can I tell who's an ebay reseller at Thrift Shops and Goodwill's

I had a chance getting some game at Garage Sales, But they come way in the morning's to scoop it up

Otaking

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/23/2012, 12:30 AMFortunately I don't have the ugly hardware to play US Hucards.  I've only got the truly awesome white PCE.
Fixed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 07/23/2012, 01:41 AM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/23/2012, 12:30 AMFortunately I don't have the ugly hardware to play US Hucards.  I've only got the truly awesome white PCE.
Fixed
Agreed. lol
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/23/2012, 12:30 AMFortunately I don't have the ugly hardware to play US Hucards.  I've only got the truly awesome white PCE.
Fixed
IMG Hany, holding back tears, whispers, "Humans can be so cruel when judging North American hardware."
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

Quote from: esteban on 07/23/2012, 06:51 AM
Fixed
IMG Hany, holding back tears, whispers, "Humans can be so cruel when judging North American hardware."
sorry Hany, I feel a bit guilty now..  #-o

:P
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Otaking

jperryss

So this is odd.  A seller has auctions listed for US Valis II and III, ending tonight.

His feedback is mediocre (99.3%).

He also had auctions for both of these games, with negative feedback left, back in February. And his current auction explains that he is a gamer, as opposed to a collector, so it seems odd that he would have these exact games available a 2nd time, with hardly any other Turbo games for sale.

IMG

I'd love to know the story here, but in the meantime I've decided not to bid on these.

PikachuWarrior

IMG

tpivette

Yikes, I'm watching both of those as well. The neg feedback from Feb on the very same games is certainly strange. Hmmm... wonder what that is all about
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

jperryss

I've been watching them for a couple days, neither one had a bid on it until two days ago. I'm sure most of the peeps here are diligent about checking feedback, but I just noticed it today and remembered these auctions showing up in a different thread the other day, so I figured I'd mention it.

Are these two easily playable in JP versions? The PCE version of III is readily found under $20 shipped, but I don't see II show up as often.

PikachuWarrior

I don't worry about it because you can always get your money back one way or another. Don't bid on Valis II. Thank you :P
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/23/2012, 03:36 PMI don't worry about it because you can always get your money back one way or another. Don't bid on Valis II. Thank you :P
LOL, I'm not bidding on either but I can make no promises for the rest of this forum.I will remove the links to make it just a bit harder for them, LOL.

FiftyQuid

LOL, both of these are on my watch list as well.  Valis II has gone too high, but III looks within range still.

[EDIT] This gives me an idea.   IDEA:  https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12414.new#new

KnightWarrior

Again,  How can I tell who's an ebay reseller at Thrift Shops and Goodwill's

I had a chance getting some game at Garage Sales, But they come way in the morning's to scoop it up

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 07/23/2012, 04:06 PMAgain,  How can I tell who's an ebay reseller at Thrift Shops and Goodwill's

It's impossible to tell.  Unless you could somehow see the item before they buy it, then see it in an auction on ebay & recognize it as the same item, there's no way to tell for sure.  And really, why does it matter?  Scalper's gonna scalp whether you know who it is or not.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

GameFreak

QuoteAgain,  How can I tell who's an ebay reseller at Thrift Shops and Goodwill's

Not sure I understand the question. It only takes a few  minutes (ok maybe an hour) to flip through all the turbografx stuff on ebay so who cares where its from. 

Also youre pretty lucky if you see NEC stuff at a garage sale. I never saw that. But if you know the garage sale has turbografx stuff but your too lazy to get it?....  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Quote from: jperryss on 07/23/2012, 03:20 PMI'd love to know the story here, but in the meantime I've decided not to bid on these.
It's probably not a big deal - either he decided not to sell due to wanting a higher selling price (scummy but it happens), or he couldn't find 'em (also shitty, but some sellers aren't as organized as they should be).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

VestCunt

Quote from: KnightWarrior on 07/23/2012, 04:06 PMAgain,  How can I tell who's an ebay reseller at Thrift Shops and Goodwill's

I don't understand either. All of your posts look like they're written stoned on a cell phone.

You want to know how to identify ebay listings that were purchased at thrift stores? Or you what to identify ebay resellers at garage sales? Either way, you'd have to be psychic and I can't imagine any possible use for such knowledge.
Topic Adjourned.

jperryss

So did anyone here win either of the Valis auctions? VIII went for a reasonable $24.

tpivette

I got Valis III... hope the negative feedback from his Valis auctions in Feb dont follow suit here

Valis II anyone?

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

jperryss

Nice, I'm glad III ended up with someone here. I'm actually looking for all four of them, might post a WTB for the PCE versions here in a bit.

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: jperryss on 07/23/2012, 03:35 PMAre these two easily playable in JP versions? The PCE version of III is readily found under $20 shipped, but I don't see II show up as often.
Yeah, you'll miss out on the dialog in the cut scenes but at it's heart it's an action platformer. You don't need to understand any clues or anything as long as you understand the basic game. I'd say go for the JP version, but that's just me.

jperryss

Quote from: Samurai Ghost on 07/23/2012, 07:13 PM
Quote from: jperryss on 07/23/2012, 03:35 PMAre these two easily playable in JP versions? The PCE version of III is readily found under $20 shipped, but I don't see II show up as often.
Yeah, you'll miss out on the dialog in the cut scenes but at it's heart it's an action platformer. You don't need to understand any clues or anything as long as you understand the basic game. I'd say go for the JP version, but that's just me.
Thanks for confirming. I vaguely remember playing III (and I think II also) many many years ago, and watched Bucci's vid on VII and it looks playable.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: tpivette on 07/23/2012, 07:08 PMI got Valis III... hope the negative feedback from his Valis auctions in Feb dont follow suit here

Valis II anyone?
Nice score.  I was going to bid, but didn't.  Glad you got it.  :)

geise

Nice!  Some people hate on it, but it's one of my favorites!  Especially in the series.

PikachuWarrior

I bidded on both II and III. Lost III by a dollar or so, and II by 50 cents. Oh well. Search is still on for II (more important).
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/23/2012, 10:39 PMLost III by a dollar or so, and II by 50 cents.
How do you know what the winner's max bid was?
Topic Adjourned.

PikachuWarrior

I'm talking about what it ended at. Yeah, their actual maximum could have been higher, but I'm just going by what I personally lost the auction for on numbers alone.
IMG

SuperPlay

SuperPlay

.... and there are even more bargains to be had form cool-stuff-emporium-uk only £49.99 each .........  Surely they mean £4.99?  Maybe a genuine mistake as they have auctions for other systems at fair prices.

China Warrior TurboGrafx 16 Game REF 584 (UNBOXED)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/China-Warrior-TurboGrafx-16-Game-REF-584-UNBOXED-/110923376756?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item19d38c6874

Legendary Axe TurboGrafx 16 Game REF 587 (UNBOXED)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Legendary-Axe-TurboGrafx-16-Game-REF-587-UNBOXED-/110923377690?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item19d38c6c1a

Devil's Crush TurboGrafx 16 Game REF 586 (UNBOXED)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Devils-Crush-TurboGrafx-16-Game-REF-586-UNBOXED-/110923378417?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item19d38c6ef1

And finally the awesome

Power Golf TurboGrafx 16 Game REF 585 (UNBOXED)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Power-Golf-TurboGrafx-16-Game-REF-585-UNBOXED-/110923379572?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item19d38c7374

NecroPhile

Man, you brits know how to stick it in a break it off!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

tpivette

Dont know if this has been posted yet, but I'm in shock after cooming across this! I thought the one for $275 BIN was outrageous... but this takes gouging to a whole new level!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-System-Card-Ver-3-0-COMPLETE-USA-VERSION-/270966944393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f16e37289

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: tpivette on 07/24/2012, 09:37 PMDont know if this has been posted yet, but I'm in shock after cooming across this! I thought the one for $275 BIN was outrageous... but this takes gouging to a whole new level!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-System-Card-Ver-3-0-COMPLETE-USA-VERSION-/270966944393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f16e37289
Yeah we already blitzkreiged that guy. He seems to think the system card 3.0 is worth more than a duo. lol

bob

Contributing to the madness, I bought this and it arrived today.  I opened two games (Pac Land and Final Lap Twin) and I plan on finally getting through the Final Lap Twin RPG.  I will certainly open the others when it's time to play them.  I'm taking one for the team here by getting overpriced sealed games off the street and actually PLAYING THEM!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230827994354?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

PikachuWarrior

so you bought an overpriced auction--wouldn't that be contributing?
IMG

bob

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/25/2012, 03:09 PMso you bought an overpriced auction--wouldn't that be contributing?
That's what I was saying, I contributed to the machine of overpriced turbo on ebay, but my intentions were good at least.
Now maybe I'll leave negative feedback that the guy priced it too high.

tpivette

At $220 and 12 games, that's around $18 a peice for sealed games. I thought they would go for a lot more than that on ebay. Is that really that bad of a price? Not to familiar with those titles tho

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

PikachuWarrior

You can't leave negative feedback for purchasing an item that you willingly paid even though you knew it was overpriced in the beginning. That's not how it (ebay) works. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller would contest that.
IMG

bob

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 07/25/2012, 03:19 PMYou can't leave negative feedback for purchasing an item that you willingly paid even though you knew it was overpriced in the beginning. That's not how it (ebay) works. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller would contest that.
I was only joking.  I wouldn't really do that.

tpivette:  That's kind of how I was looking at it.  A couple are dupes and a couple were already open (sidearms, galaga, alien crush, last alert).  Sidearms had a price sticker on it from Babbages for 99 cents.  Wish THAT deal was still happening.  It reminds me of my experience when I bought Exile 2 brand new at toys r us during turbo clearance sales.  The woman at the counter gave me two of them (they were stuck together) and I didn't notice until I got home (figured it was a double jewel case or something).  Well, low and behold, they separated.  And being the jerk kid that I was, I promptly returned one and got my $10 back.  Yeah me, smart move.

POST 100!  Boom-shaka-lakah!