RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2012, 02:56 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/10/2012, 02:50 PM
Quote from: soop on 08/10/2012, 11:14 AMWell... TBH, what will probably happen, is if it does sell, there will be a bit of disappointment and a return.

He might even HAVE the card, and just put the wrong one in the photo.
I thought this too, but I'm guessing he bought it off someone and it just came in the case.  Then he posted it up without doing any research.  If he had the actual 3.0 card then I'm sure he would have put it in the photo. 

My message to him was pretty clear.  It's a 3.0 case and a 2.0 card.
I've heard there was a v1.0 card - what does it look like, was it ever released in the States, etc? Which games were 1.0 compatible? (My guess is Fighting Street and Monster lair, since they have the two unique splines for the entire TGCD/Super CD set)
There wasn't a 1.0 card released in the states. The only game I know of that uses the 1.0 is Altered Beast CD. Fighting Street and Monster Lair require the 2.0 card.

NecroPhile

I imagine a lot of regular CD games would work just fine on a 1.0 card, seeing as the 2.0 card was more of a bug fix / minor update and not a big jump in capabilities like the transition from 2.0 to 3.0.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: 8bitForLife on 08/10/2012, 10:39 AMi sent a polite msg too
I messaged them as well, it looks like they updated it.
--DragonmasterDan

NecroPhile

QuoteHello, It has come to our attention that this card is Version 2.0, while the case states Version 3.0; this auction is pictured and sold "as is." We recommend bidding on this item for collectible purposes instead of operational usage. Thank you for your input!
Fuck those scamming assholes.  They've done nothing to change the description, so it still says it's a 3.0 card.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/10/2012, 04:04 PM
QuoteHello, It has come to our attention that this card is Version 2.0, while the case states Version 3.0; this auction is pictured and sold "as is." We recommend bidding on this item for collectible purposes instead of operational usage. Thank you for your input!
Fuck those scamming assholes.  They've done nothing to change the description, so it still says it's a 3.0 card.
Dude, they actually can't.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/revising_restrictions.html

That said, they should end it (since there are more than 12 hours left) and re-list.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 08/10/2012, 04:21 PMDude, they actually can't.
Since there's more than twelve hours left, they can modify the description.

blueraven

There's an $850 Duo on eBay.

I'm wondering how high that guy is.

GameFreak

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COMPLETE-TURBOGRAFX-16-CD-SUPER-SYSTEM-CARD-VER-3-0-MIP-/190712783819?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c675e23cb#ht_1147wt_986

Im guessing it was a simple mistake, since he sells so much stuff he probably didnt know until you told him. But actually the case itself is probably worth $12.50 for someone that has a loose 3.0 card

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 08/10/2012, 04:30 PMSince there's more than twelve hours left, they can modify the description.
I don't believe you can modify a description once there are bids.

Anyway, he's shared the questions he got about it, publicly, so I'd say he (sorta) did the right thing.

Q:    Is the picture in the photo stock or actually of the items in question? If it's of the items in question you have the Case to the Super System Card 3.0 but the actual card is the 2.0 system card.   Aug-10-12
A:    Hello, I will state this again to avoid any confusion: It has come to our attention that this card is Version 2.0, while the case states Version 3.0; this auction is pictured and sold "as is." We recommend bidding on this item for collectible purposes instead of operational usage. Thank you for your input!
Q:    I hope you don't think that card your showing is a super system 3.0 card because what you have is a 2.0 card showing you may be getting yourself into alot of problems trying to sell this to someone and it won't work with the 3.0 super CD games. I would be willing to give you 30.00 for just the case if interested let me know Thanks DAN   Aug-10-12
A:    Hello, It has come to our attention that this card is Version 2.0, while the case states Version 3.0; this auction is pictured and sold "as is." We recommend bidding on this item for collectible purposes instead of operational usage. Thank you for your input!

GameFreak

QuoteI don't believe you can modify a description once there are bids.
i have bid on items and the seller changes the description after i bid. it appears all the way at the bottom of the item description and has the date/time it was modified. But i do believe you cant change description when the auction is almost over.

jperryss

Quote from: GameFreak on 08/10/2012, 06:58 PMi have bid on items and the seller changes the description after i bid. it appears all the way at the bottom of the item description and has the date/time it was modified. But i do believe you cant change description when the auction is almost over.
I'm pretty sure you can only add to the description (which shows up at the bottom) but not change it. Otherwise, what's to stop the seller from waiting until the last day and changing the description to say "JK YOU GET A PICTURE OF THE ITEM AND NOT THE ACTUAL ITEM LOL"?

Just curious: Did eBay notify you that a change had been made, since you had a bit on it?

GameFreak

I've bid on stuff that says "good working condition" and than later after i bid they add the update, "i tested it and it does not work" so i retracted my bids. I never got a notice. I just happen to look at the auction again. Bidders are responsible to look at the description up until the last day for changes. Yeah its sucky but thats how they do it.

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/10/2012, 03:48 PMI imagine a lot of regular CD games would work just fine on a 1.0 card, seeing as the 2.0 card was more of a bug fix / minor update and not a big jump in capabilities like the transition from 2.0 to 3.0.
1.0 doesn't have a music CD player. 2.0 doesn't have as advanced of a music CD player as later versions.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Deletion

Quote from: galam on 08/04/2012, 10:50 PMWonder what this fetches...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320958092801?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_922

And I HOPE somebody in this forums wins it.  I have no interest, but it needs to be appreciated.
And if somebody in here does win it, please youtube the video ASAP.  I would love to watch it, but it doesn't seem to be out there.  I hardly look at the actual youtube site, so I'm kind of stupid when it comes to finding stuff.
 ](*,)
Did a forum member end up winning the retail sampler/promotional LaserActive LD? It sold for $71 with a last second bid.

wilykat

I hope so.  I don't have LD and was watching this.  It went for a lot more than I thought,

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Deletion

LostFlunky

Quote from: Deletion on 08/12/2012, 01:28 PMCheck out the other items that seller has up for sale. ag3ntkwalogames is gouging on everything.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ag3ntkwalogames/m.html?hash=item4abadc2bd9&item=320962571225&pt=Video_Games&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562
Gouging or not, that is a pretty impressive collection of stuff he's selling. Most of it is NIB!?!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Deletion on 08/12/2012, 01:28 PMCheck out the other items that seller has up for sale. ag3ntkwalogames is gouging on everything.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ag3ntkwalogames/m.html?hash=item4abadc2bd9&item=320962571225&pt=Video_Games&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562
Where the hell does he get these NIB? Seriously? Did he know someone from the junk yard or is he just repacking stuff and calling it new?

bob

I just bought a sega cdx for 10% of that price and I still think I overpaid

FiftyQuid

Looks like he's breaking up his collection and selling it piece meal.  Weird that he has the original auction up for $12,000 still.  Guess he's just doubling his options.

DildoKKKobold

He has 22 auctions up in Video Game Consoles. He's not a power seller, or anything special. Thus, he is paying $0.50 a listing, to list these ridiculous lots that will never sell. $11 a month. $132 a year. Not a huge loss, but still, he is a moron.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Bernie

It does not cost anything to re-list items that don't sell.

bob

Quote from: guest on 08/12/2012, 04:36 PM

He has 22 auctions up in Video Game Consoles. He's not a power seller, or anything special. Thus, he is paying $0.50 a listing, to list these ridiculous lots that will never sell. $11 a month. $132 a year. Not a huge loss, but still, he is a moron.
He also has 30 day handling times. I would be PISSED if somebody sat on my order for a month before shipping.

LostFlunky

Quote from: Bernie on 08/12/2012, 05:33 PMIt does not cost anything to re-list items that don't sell.
Unless it has changed (and a lot of their policies have changed, I was recently surprised to find), you only get that free re-list once per auction.

PCEngineHell

Yeah I was gonna say, that guy isn't a power seller or top rated seller, so he has to be paying some auction fees of some type, just giving money away hoping for a few big sales. The same thing happens with vintage computer parts too on there. People will list old parts at crazy prices and just keep relisting them for months on end at quadruple their worth, like a Voodoo 2 8meg card for 200 bucks.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Bernie on 08/12/2012, 05:33 PMIt does not cost anything to re-list items that don't sell.
Not true.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/relist.html#requirements

Quote* Both the original listing and the relisting must be in auction-style format. Fixed price, Classified Ad, and Real Estate listing formats aren't eligible for relisting credits.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Bernie

soop

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC-Engine-Original-White-Rare-Version-9-Top-Rare-Games-NEC-/320962782414?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item4abadf64ce

:cry:

Quote5 Operation Wolf (the superb arcade classic! that demands high prices in auctions and major bidding wars as this title hardly ever surfaces on the retro games market)

Please Note: some of the games are rare and alone invite high prices in previously watched auctions alone (i.e. Super Match Tennis, Operation Wolf etc.) without the console itself, hence this is a great setup that's ready to go and a good selection of rare and top games to get your collection started.

When I last searched Ebay Worldwide it was the only one of its type with a collection of games and UK ready to go with all leads etc. There is one other PC Engine in white in Japan and it is currently listed for £653.88 (it is new and comes without any game HU Cards, hence I'd like to think its fair to say this is a good auction I'm offering here).
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

CrackTiger

Quote from: soop on 08/13/2012, 05:05 AMhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PC-Engine-Original-White-Rare-Version-9-Top-Rare-Games-NEC-/320962782414?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item4abadf64ce

:cry:

Quote5 Operation Wolf (the superb arcade classic! that demands high prices in auctions and major bidding wars as this title hardly ever surfaces on the retro games market)

Please Note: some of the games are rare and alone invite high prices in previously watched auctions alone (i.e. Super Match Tennis, Operation Wolf etc.) without the console itself, hence this is a great setup that's ready to go and a good selection of rare and top games to get your collection started.

When I last searched Ebay Worldwide it was the only one of its type with a collection of games and UK ready to go with all leads etc. There is one other PC Engine in white in Japan and it is currently listed for £653.88 (it is new and comes without any game HU Cards, hence I'd like to think its fair to say this is a good auction I'm offering here).
For every seller that people give the benefit of doubt to, like maybe it's just a mislisting or they don't know any better, there's douchebags like this who write you a detailed essay on how far they will go to decieve potential buyers.

soop: you missed the line about the rare and priceless control pad.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Mathius

Can't you get white PC Engines for like $30? This guy deserves any flaming coming his way.

tpivette

Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

NecroPhile

Quote from: tpivette on 08/13/2012, 04:03 PMSeems like this guy is trying to pass off a PC Engine Duo as the American console...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-TurboGrafx-CD-TurboDuo-Black-Console-NTSC-with-13-Games-/200806311912?pt=Video_Games&hash=item2ec0fd27e8
I think he's just a moron and doesn't know shit about what he has.  I mean, he can't be too knowledgeable describing the Arcade Card Duo as "Duo Hucard (PCE-AC1) for save games".

tpivette

Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

CrackTiger

Mathius

FiftyQuid

Quote from: tpivette on 08/13/2012, 09:55 PMHow about this one... they want HOW much for Cadash???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadash-TurboGrafx-16-1991-COMPLETE-RARE-/221102755237?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337ac04da5
Man, I thought the one for $59 was bad.  ](*,)

I had to send the guy a message;
QuoteHello, I was just curious how you justified the price of this item when identical items are selling, on average, for $30.

FiftyQuid

The Seller responded;

QuoteThank you for bringing this to my attention.  There was an error when I inputted the price.
The new price?  $59.  ](*,)

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 08/13/2012, 10:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/13/2012, 10:14 PM
Quote from: tpivette on 08/13/2012, 09:55 PMHow about this one... they want HOW much for Cadash???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadash-TurboGrafx-16-1991-COMPLETE-RARE-/221102755237?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item337ac04da5
**RARE**
Paid $30 for my *RARE* copy just a few months ago.
what the hell.
I paid $30 for my copy, and the seller threw in sega classics collection on ps2.
Though I will say, it was pretty regular in price until Spida1a's review of the game, then it shot up.

FiftyQuid

The price is $59.95 now.  It was a typo on the seller's part.  Now I'm wondering if the shipping cost is a typo... $40 to Canada for a CD?! WTF?

Xray

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Xray on 08/15/2012, 02:26 PM$295 for a Jap game converter card, now that is rape ,, But then again, it is RARE !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Turbo-Grafx-16-Turbografx-DUO-PCE-PC-Engine-Converter-BRAND-NEW-RARE-/221103565942
He didn't put it in an Aldi's sandwich bag and attach some sort of precious metal value to it. He must be getting lazier with his gouge postings.
--DragonmasterDan

tggodfrey

That mug weas 129.00 earlier this week....50.00 is a major steal!!!!!
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Bernie

Haha!  Relisted due to a flakey non paying bidder.  Sometimes I love having alternative eBay accounts.....

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Bernie on 08/15/2012, 06:34 PMHaha!  Relisted due to a flakey non paying bidder.  Sometimes I love having alternative eBay accounts..... 
Priceless!

Yeah, it was $129 earlier.  I love how it was gently used and then put away.  PCEngineFX should do up some promo mugs and sell them for $39 each.

SMF

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 08/15/2012, 08:01 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 08/15/2012, 06:34 PMHaha!  Relisted due to a flakey non paying bidder.  Sometimes I love having alternative eBay accounts..... 
Priceless!

Yeah, it was $129 earlier.  I love how it was gently used and then put away.  PCEngineFX should do up some promo mugs and sell them for $39 each.
Lol hell yea they should, I mean making promo mugs ain't that hard. I don't know how many mugs I hae with my kids faces on them from those mall stands.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

tggodfrey

Thats a cool mug Vestcunt!

We should put them on ebay for an ultra rare price of 400.00
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy