PC Engine Homebrew News: The duo that brought you FX-Unit Yuki returns! A demo for "Nyanja!" is available, an action platformer akin to games like Bubble Bobble & Snow Bros in gameplay style.
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bardoly

Quote from: glazball on 09/22/2012, 11:36 AMJeez, I just saw what DE2 ended at this morning, and I'm amazed and disgusted.  Some idiot obviously just HAD TO HAVE IT RIGHT NOW!!!1!
This had to be shill bidding.  Right?

tggodfrey

Quote from: galam on 09/22/2012, 10:38 PMI see terraforming is up on eBay right now at $202.50. Seller has 0 feedback and a copy of beyond shadowgate up also.  :-k
a member here is bidding on it so it would be wise for future ebay sales to not start a bidding war.  The fact its at 200.00 is already discusting.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

bob

Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/23/2012, 12:47 AM
Quote from: galam on 09/22/2012, 10:38 PMI see terraforming is up on eBay right now at $202.50. Seller has 0 feedback and a copy of beyond shadowgate up also.  :-k
a member here is bidding on it so it would be wise for future ebay sales to not start a bidding war.  The fact its at 200.00 is already discusting.
Just one member?

Bardoly

Quote from: galam on 09/23/2012, 08:13 AM
Quote from: galam on 09/22/2012, 10:38 PMI see terraforming is up on eBay right now at $202.50. Seller has 0 feedback and a copy of beyond shadowgate up also.  :-k
Just one member?
So..., how many members here are looking to get this game?  (and are willing to pay $150+ for it?)

Just curious.  I'm also curious as to how good of a game this is.  In other words, should I be bidding on this too?  :P

TheClash603

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/23/2012, 09:51 AM
Quote from: galam on 09/23/2012, 08:13 AM
Just one member?
So..., how many members here are looking to get this game?  (and are willing to pay $150+ for it?)

Just curious.  I'm also curious as to how good of a game this is.  In other words, should I be bidding on this too?  :P
Great game for $50.

tggodfrey

There is 1 or 2 members I know of willing to pay over 300.00 for it. Plus if you count all the newbie here who are just collecting the "gotta have it US collection" you know all the ones who want to know what this or that game is worth.
Games currently in play:

VestCunt

You want strangers to tell you if you should spend two hundred dollars on a game you know nothing about?
Topic Adjourned.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/23/2012, 09:51 AMJust curious.  I'm also curious as to how good of a game this is.  In other words, should I be bidding on this too?  :P
Rather than be a dick, like some, here is a review for you!
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 09/23/2012, 03:09 PM

You want strangers to tell you if you should spend two hundred dollars on a game you know nothing about?
Sure, why not?  I mean, it's just money, right?  In the world of obey, who takes frivolous considerations like money seriously?  If one must obey, then money is no object.   8)

bob

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

NecroPhile

At least it comes with mostly good games instead of the usual collection of blah sports titles left over after all the fun ones were sold separately.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

csgx1

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/27/2012, 10:52 AMTG-CD w/13 common games for $700 BIN.  0% feedback seller.  I'm guessing it's a young kid, but still...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-16-and-CD-with-13-games-/320990831544?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abc8b63b8
That's ridiculous, not even a best offer or buy it now option.  Seller is starting the auction at $700 and is probably hoping a bidding war will ensue.

tggodfrey

Terraforming.....yeah 585 was nuts.  I would feel sorry fot he buyer but he desearved it in the ass after bidding it up that high.
Games currently in play:

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: tggodfrey on 09/27/2012, 04:55 PMTerraforming.....yeah 585 was nuts.  I would feel sorry fot he buyer but he desearved it in the ass after bidding it up that high.
Unless he makes $300K a year. That is like, 4 hours of work.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: galam on 09/26/2012, 11:14 PMWell it went for $585.
Well, I would have loved to have gotten it, but my money was far better spent elsewhere getting me a very nice copy of Dungeon Explorer II and some other goodies.   8)
(And no, I didn't buy one of those two or three copies that just recently went for $400+ each.  My copy was much more reasonably priced, even though it still cost me some.)

I'm just happy that I now have my most-wanted TG-16 game, and I'm hoping to get several friends together soon to play it multi-player.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/27/2012, 07:04 PM
Well, I would have loved to have gotten it, but my money was far better spent elsewhere getting me a very nice copy of Dungeon Explorer II and some other goodies.   8)
(And no, I didn't buy one of those two or three copies that just recently went for $400+ each.  My copy was much more reasonably priced, even though it still cost me some.)

I'm just happy that I now have my most-wanted TG-16 game, and I'm hoping to get several friends together soon to play it multi-player.
OMG, Awesomeness. Congrats, that is my fav TG game, hands down. I've been trying to find the (J) version for cheap, to fill out my collection.

Multiplayer is a total blast.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

bob

Quote from: guest on 09/27/2012, 07:21 PM
Well, I would have loved to have gotten it, but my money was far better spent elsewhere getting me a very nice copy of Dungeon Explorer II and some other goodies.   8)
(And no, I didn't buy one of those two or three copies that just recently went for $400+ each.  My copy was much more reasonably priced, even though it still cost me some.)

OMG, Awesomeness. Congrats, that is my fav TG game, hands down. I've been trying to find the (J) version for cheap, to fill out my collection.

cheap enough?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-10-PC-Engine-CD-games-Dungeon-Explorer-2-Xanadu-and-more-/300785016179?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item46082f1d73

OR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-SUPER-CD-ROM-2-Dungeon-Explorer-II-JAPAN-/360490340886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eee61216

roflmao

If someone were in Japan, certainly they could get the games for less, but seeing as how they are on this hemisphere, starting bid of less than $10 ea seems reasonable to me.  It contains a bunch of games I already have or aren't interested in, so it's not juicy enough of a deal for me to bid on, but I wouldn't consider it gouging. :)

bob

Quote from: guest on 09/27/2012, 08:23 PMIf someone were in Japan, certainly they could get the games for less, but seeing as how they are on this hemisphere, starting bid of less than $10 ea seems reasonable to me.  It contains a bunch of games I already have or aren't interested in, so it's not juicy enough of a deal for me to bid on, but I wouldn't consider it gouging. :)
Agree, not gouging, just trying to help him out.  Actually thought it wasn't too bad a deal myself.

If this will make you happy :lol:...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-SNES-Genesis-PC-Engine-Turbo-Duo-Joystick-Stick-/170855144128?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item27c7c29ac0

VestCunt

Quote from: galam on 09/27/2012, 08:18 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 09/27/2012, 07:21 PM

cheap enough?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-of-10-PC-Engine-CD-games-Dungeon-Explorer-2-Xanadu-and-more-/300785016179?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item46082f1d73

OR

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-SUPER-CD-ROM-2-Dungeon-Explorer-II-JAPAN-/360490340886?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eee61216
The PCE version is dirt cheap. Worth probably $10. Here's one for $8.
Topic Adjourned.

bob

Wow, I didn't realize it goes for so little.

FiftyQuid

Does anyone have $2600 I could borrow?  I'm good for it - promise.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-TurboGrafx-CD-TURBO-BOSSTER-PLUS-TURBO-EXPRESS-TURBO-TV-W-ADAPTER-COMPLETE-/320991615691?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4abc975acb

Apparently this Turbo Booster Plus is very rare.  I have to agree.  A Turbo Bosster is exceptionally rare.  That's so boss.  :lol:

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 09/28/2012, 04:13 AM
Quote from: guest on 09/27/2012, 07:21 PM

cheap enough?

OR

Actually, the reason that this one went for under $20 may be because the seller misspelled the name a little.  I was the winner, and that actually cost me $12 + $4 shipping = $16, rather than $8, but I do agree that with patience, one should be able to get a decent CIC copy for $20 or under.  It's kind of ironic actually.  I decided to get this PC Engine version, because I was despairing of finding a U.S. version, but after committing to getting this Japanese one, a U.S. version for a fair price came across my horizon, so now I have both versions.   8)

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/28/2012, 07:02 PMActually, the reason that this one went for under $20 may be because the seller misspelled the name a little.  I was the winner, and that actually cost me $12 + $4 shipping = $16, rather than $8, but I do agree that with patience, one should be able to get a decent CIC copy for $20 or under.  It's kind of ironic actually.  I decided to get this PC Engine version, because I was despairing of finding a U.S. version, but after committing to getting this Japanese one, a U.S. version for a fair price came across my horizon, so now I have both versions.   8)
Actually, you must have won this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-Engine-SCD-ROM-Dungeon-Explore-2-JAPAN-GAME-Clean-Work-fully-/180972390460?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a22cb883c

Because I just bought the one VestCunt posted! :)
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 09/28/2012, 08:07 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 09/28/2012, 07:02 PMActually, the reason that this one went for under $20 may be because the seller misspelled the name a little.  I was the winner, and that actually cost me $12 + $4 shipping = $16, rather than $8, but I do agree that with patience, one should be able to get a decent CIC copy for $20 or under.  It's kind of ironic actually.  I decided to get this PC Engine version, because I was despairing of finding a U.S. version, but after committing to getting this Japanese one, a U.S. version for a fair price came across my horizon, so now I have both versions.   8)
Actually, you must have won this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-PC-Engine-SCD-ROM-Dungeon-Explore-2-JAPAN-GAME-Clean-Work-fully-/180972390460?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a22cb883c

Because I just bought the one vestcunt posted! :)
...And I bought the other...

turboswimbz

Technically not e-bay but it's worth seeing:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/​vgm/3302030621.html

about 8 games . . . which i guess means 6. askin only $150.  lol.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

VestCunt

Quote from: Bardoly on 09/28/2012, 07:02 PM
Quote from: VestCunt on 09/28/2012, 04:13 AM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 09/27/2012, 07:21 PM

cheap enough?

OR

Actually, the reason that this one went for under $20 may be because the seller misspelled the name a little.  I was the winner, and that actually cost me $12 + $4 shipping = $16, rather than $8, but I do agree that with patience, one should be able to get a decent CIC copy for $20 or under. 
Yeah, I know that one was misspelled, but it spent several days turning up in every ebay search for "pc engine" and "nec" and nobody bought it. And like you said, they still turn up for cheap once every month or two. And I know the BIN was $12, but the auction was $8.

I never include shipping in price quotes because there are so many variables and I don't know what country everyone is living in. Some PCEFX members may need overseas shipping, others may be able to arrange local pickup or take advantage of multiple-item discounts; some choose freight, others prefer priority; etc. Finally, some members are a little too quick to enter every dollar amount they see into their mental price guide and ignore the fact that a big percentage of the price they saw was shipping. Best to leave shipping out of the equation and not excite the gougers.
Topic Adjourned.

sirhcman

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 10/03/2012, 06:13 PM$4.00 + $2.00 Shipping for 1 game spine sticker.. What a joke!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURBO-GRAFX-CUSTOM-CASE-LABELS-New-LOOK-Cool-LABELS-Labels-Only-/310464417404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48491f0e7c
Yep, I agree.  However people must be buying them.  :(  I guess its not TOO bad if you only need a label or two though.

csgx1

"Awesome Hop-Ups!!" 
"my region mod is the 'best' of two worlds...internal and guaranteed to NEVER fail"
"AWESOME to relive the TurboGrafx-16 on a new HDTV!!"

This guy tries way to hard to push his sales pitch for a modded TG16 system at $359.99 obo.  Also tries to justify the starting price by comparing gouging prices for PCE-TG converters and brand new systems on eBay.   

www.ebay.com/itm/Refurbished-Turbografx-16-with-Awesome-Hop-Ups-Games-Controllers-/330805349589

FiftyQuid

That's an interesting one for sure.  I hate it when people say they reflowed the board for a TG-16.  No seller with 500 feedback is going to have a thermal chamber to reflow a board.  This isn't an XBOX360 or PS3, with a CPU that gets hotter than the sun.  We're talking a 16-bit machine running at 8 bits.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 09/28/2012, 12:26 PMDoes anyone have $2600 I could borrow?  I'm good for it - promise.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-TurboGrafx-CD-TURBO-BOSSTER-PLUS-TURBO-EXPRESS-TURBO-TV-W-ADAPTER-COMPLETE-/320991615691?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4abc975acb

Apparently this Turbo Booster Plus is very rare.  I have to agree.  A Turbo Bosster is exceptionally rare.  That's so boss.  :lol:
Rarely have I seen such a beautiful thing. Absolutely awesome set of Turbo goodies.

BigusSchmuck

VestCunt

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/05/2012, 07:40 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Adventure-Island-Turbografx-One-Time-Listing-No-Relists-/280987219751?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item416c24b727
And this guy doesn't ship to PO Boxes. Lame. I guess its better than $100 that this usually goes for...
No box. For $80 you're not missing anything.

Homemade label looks familiar. Is someone here gouging with Sparky materials? Saying a Keith Courage case, or worse, a punched-out jewel case, is worth $15 isn't cool.
Topic Adjourned.

Sparky

Hahaha.. Not my label as the colour is f@cked and since he values the custom case as $15 it has to have come from this guy... http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOCKMAN-TURBO-GRAFX-16-CUSTOM-CASE-ONLY-Very-COOL-/310420426411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48467fceab

Edit: but thanks for the concern man (( high five))

FiftyQuid

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/05/2012, 07:40 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Adventure-Island-Turbografx-One-Time-Listing-No-Relists-/280987219751?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item416c24b727
And this guy doesn't ship to PO Boxes. Lame. I guess its better than $100 that this usually goes for...
Be patient.  I've found two for under $70 with the box.  You should be able to find one without the box for $50-$60 at the most.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/05/2012, 09:20 PMHahaha.. Not my label as the colour is f@cked and since he values the custom case as $15 it has to have come from this guy... http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHOCKMAN-TURBO-GRAFX-16-CUSTOM-CASE-ONLY-Very-COOL-/310420426411?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48467fceab

Edit: but thanks for the concern man (( high five))
Even before I was a regular on these forums I tried to talk him down to like $5 with the best offer and got turned down every time. That's probably why he doesn't have that option anymore. :) At any rate, I rather go with Sparky's cases and labels any day.

DejahThoris

NAI didn't originally ship with a case?  Anyone care to explain, as this is new to me.

Bernie

NAI shipped in a plastic tray insert, not the jewel case that the earlier games came in.

BigusSchmuck

There were a quite a few that didn't come with cases, mostly later releases:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=5101.0

DejahThoris

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/07/2012, 01:21 PMThere were a quite a few that didn't come with cases, mostly later releases:
So the game still came with a box then.  I thought he meant they were shipped loose or something.  Isn't it priced just average, then?  $100 complete, $80 with fake case/no box?

Edit:  Oh, and thanks for the informative link!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: DejahThoris on 10/07/2012, 01:56 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/07/2012, 01:21 PMThere were a quite a few that didn't come with cases, mostly later releases:
So the game still came with a box then.  I thought he meant they were shipped loose or something.  Isn't it priced just average, then?  $100 complete, $80 with fake case/no box?

Average on Ebay yes. I could have gotten the game last year at the Retro Gaming Convention in Portland Oregon for half that if I knew this was going to happen. Oh well, since when did Neutopia fetch such a high price?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutopia-TurboGrafx-16-1989-COMPLETE-MINT-VERY-RARE-HARD-TO-FIND-/190729289499?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c6859ff1b

VestCunt

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/07/2012, 02:11 PM
Quote from: DejahThoris on 10/07/2012, 01:56 PM
So the game still came with a box then.  I thought he meant they were shipped loose or something.  Isn't it priced just average, then?  $100 complete, $80 with fake case/no box?

Average on Ebay yes.
No, that one's high even for ebay. A CIB copy auctioned for $73 last week.

QuoteOh well, since when did Neutopia fetch such a high price?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutopia-TurboGrafx-16-1989-COMPLETE-MINT-VERY-RARE-HARD-TO-FIND-/190729289499?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2c6859ff1b
As an untouched BIN, it's not fetching a high price.
Topic Adjourned.

Bardoly

Sadler

Bitched about Terraforming in chat earlier today. I haven't seen a US copy for somewhere around a year, and in the past few weeks there have been 3 for sale—two of which I'm pretty sure are the same copy.

tggodfrey

Quote from: Sadler on 10/07/2012, 11:35 PMBitched about Terraforming in chat earlier today. I haven't seen a US copy for somewhere around a year, and in the past few weeks there have been 3 for sale—two of which I'm pretty sure are the same copy.
Sort of Sadler. 

2 were for sale.  PLCards (known reseller) is chasing this game.  He is bidding to 200.00 and stopping.  There is a possible Shill bidding here and if so I will get a second chance offer to my alternate ID which there is no way I will accept.   

There are about 13-15 people watching these auctions.  So far I have a list of 6 specific ID's.
Games currently in play:

tpivette

I was watching it just to see how high it would go (no intent to bid, as I knew it would jump out of my price range), however, I never expected it to go over $500! Thats just insane! Oddly enough, the other copy that was being auctioned ended suddenly with days left to go...
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

Bernie