OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tggodfrey

Quote from: Bernie on 10/08/2012, 09:41 AMI'm the high bidder............
when Jamilee leaves you for spending 560 on one game, do you mind if I take her out for dinner?
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

Bardoly

You're joking, right?

$500+ for this game?
I know that I just recently got into the Turbo CD games, so my pricing history is extremely short, but wasn't this game regularly going for under $200 just a couple of months ago?

Bernie

Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/08/2012, 10:39 AM
when Jamilee leaves you for spending 560 on one game, do you mind if I take her out for dinner?
lol.  Terry, her name is Jimilee.  :)  And, no!   :twisted:  Plus, I am pulling yalls leg.  I figured you guys would already know that.  I bought the pce version last year from Hit.   :D

tggodfrey

Thanks for correcting me.......That would have def killed my chances with her.
Games currently in play:

Bernie

Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/08/2012, 11:23 AMThanks for correcting me.......That would have def killed my chances with her.
lmao

Arkhan Asylum

Itd be really funny if her last name was Curtis.

Jimilee Curtis,

I'm retarded
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2012, 11:30 AMItd be really funny if her last name was Curtis.

Jimilee Curtis,

I'm retarded
Jimmilee and Billilee Curtis
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

I too was one of the watchers of Terraforming; just to see where it ended, not to buy.  $560 is just fucking crazy.  [-(
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bardoly

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2012, 12:50 PMI too was one of the watchers of Terraforming; just to see where it ended, not to buy.  $560 is just crazy.  [-(
Ditto.

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

NecroPhile

Bonk 3 CD manual for only $114.99 shipped!  That's a steal compared to the $240 manual for the huey version.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Bardoly on 10/07/2012, 11:22 PMShill bidding at its finest?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320993125125?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Several of the high bidders sure look like shills to me...

With the insane jump in prices, I'm convinced that there is a competition going on, first one to a Tubo-CD full set gets to see insert hot celebrity here in the nude.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

tpivette

We all knew this was gonna happen...the first auction mustve been a plot to jump the price of this game. Gouging at its finest...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=320998328711&index=8&nav=SEARCH&nid=72631247548
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

FiftyQuid

I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Bardoly

Quote from: tpivette on 10/09/2012, 02:40 PMWe all knew this was gonna happen...the first auction mustve been a plot to jump the price of this game. Gouging at its finest...

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=320998328711&index=8&nav=SEARCH&nid=72631247548
Agreed.  This is gouging, plain and simple.   :evil:

VestCunt

Yep, shill bidding and then a fake BIN ended early. What bugs me is how this BS trickles down to slightly more honest sellers. Two months from now MadGear will be gouging a copy for $600 and defend himself by saying "well, according to terrapeak and... derpa derpa der blah."
Topic Adjourned.

tpivette

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

bob

Why do douche bags even put the word RARE in the title?  It wastes characters and do people even search for the word RARE?

turboswimbz

Quote from: tpivette on 10/10/2012, 07:21 PMHere we go again. 2 bids and its already past $150... what will it go for this time?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dungeon-Explorer-II-TurboGrafx-CD-1993-/271078409209?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f1d8843f9
I happened upon this 30 minutes after it was posted, I didn't throw a bid on it, came back an hour later and two people already started the crazyness.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

tpivette

Its just crazy to think that just a few months ago, these were ENDING at $140 - $150... now thats the STARTING bid!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

Bernie

Damn Im glad I got back into the Turbo when I did and got these gamez...  Otherwise, I guess I wouldnt have em.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: galam on 10/10/2012, 07:35 PMWhy do douche bags even put the word RARE in the title?  It wastes characters and do people even search for the word RARE? 
So, not defending the practice, but I remember reading somewhere that putting "RARE" ended auctions with a statistically significant higher price, for the same items. I'm at a loss to try and find the article I read, and searching RARE and Ebay in google is a waste of time, LOL.

Anyway, as stupid as it is, if it brings higher prices, people will do it. To me, it isn't as annoying as "L@@K" WTF is that shit for?
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: galam on 10/10/2012, 07:35 PMWhy do douche bags even put the word RARE in the title?  It wastes characters and do people even search for the word RARE? 
I typed rare into the search.  Man, that was a waste of my time.  2,000,000 listings.  Everything from SMURF fabric to rocks.  In all fairness, I had been looking for yards of SMURF fabric and can attest that it is rare to find it stocked at your local fabric store.

VestCunt

I don't do it in the title, but I'm guilty of sticking "rare" in the subtitle/caption if 1) the game is actually rare, and 2) I haven't run out of characters for every conceivable keyword yet. For example, my Exile 2 listing last Spring might have looked something like this:
QuoteExile 2 Wicked Phenomenon Turbo Duo SCD pc engine express grafx cd nec ii
Rare Working Designs RPG! pce turbografx
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/10/2012, 09:32 PMIn all fairness, I had been looking for yards of SMURF fabric and can attest that it is rare to find it stocked at your local fabric store.
:lol:
Topic Adjourned.

FiftyQuid

xcrement5x

Might not be a gouge per say but I was surprised to see this copy of Parasol Stars go over $120 when there's a UPC cut out of the back of the box. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190734289684
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

FiftyQuid

Quote from: guest on 10/11/2012, 02:07 PMMight not be a gouge per say but I was surprised to see this copy of Parasol Stars go over $120 when there's a UPC cut out of the back of the box. 

That's ridiculous.

Mathius

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/11/2012, 03:01 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/11/2012, 02:07 PMMight not be a gouge per say but I was surprised to see this copy of Parasol Stars go over $120 when there's a UPC cut out of the back of the box. 

That's ridiculous.
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/11/2012, 02:05 PMOnly $899.99 and you get what every Turbob collector wants... 3 copies of Legendary Axe!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-16-System-and-Games-lot-/251166165426?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a7aab89b2
...and so is this.  :evil:

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mathius

Quote from: turboswimbz on 10/11/2012, 10:51 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Gate-of-Thunder-BRAND-NEW-FACTORY-SEALED-Turbo-Duo-USA-Super-CD-with-3-Manuals-/321000325963?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4abd1c434b

It is with great sadness that I have posted that.
That is NOT factory sealed. GoT never was factory sealed. The disc is obviously used, and the whole set isn't worth more than $50 or $60. I am so pissed by this that I can hardly think. I've had it!

Edit: I may be wrong about GoT never having been enclosed in shrink wrap. Can anyone confirm that? If I am wrong that doesn't mean that I am any less angry.

FiftyQuid

Maybe you're pissed because of all the red font used in the listing?  You got your rage on!  :twisted:

Sadler

In the US I'm fairly certain you are correct.

Bernie

My Duo that I got back then, the game was shrink wrapped.  The manuals were separate from the jewel case, just like the listing.  It is possible that not all were shrink wrapped, and here is why I say that. Recently, I bought a few sealed games that came in boxes.  A couple of the games, inside the box that was shrink wrapped, were also shrink wrapped.  One of them the manual was outside of the jewel case that was shrink wrapped in a sealed box.  I just found that weird.

Mathius

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 10/11/2012, 11:11 PMMaybe you're pissed because of all the red font used in the listing?  You got your rage on!  :twisted:
I was already in a bad mood last night and that listing pushed me over the edge.

So, the game is known to be shrink wrapped now. Even though I have never seen a sealed copy before it still isn't worth 500 dollars.

BigusSchmuck

What is going on with Neutopia? Seriously? I could have gotten this game last year for under $30 and now I'm seeing this craziness:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360492842259&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:3160
Mind you it was a "new" one but still...

tpivette

Neutopia is one of those games that has suddenly jumped in price in the last few months (like DE2, Ys 1&2). Where you could get it from around $30 - $35 BIN now, suddenly theyre now listing for $50+ BIN. Crazy. Maybe its cause the holiday season is coming soon? Or just the gougers are getting greedier.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: tpivette on 10/12/2012, 11:58 AMNeutopia is one of those games that has suddenly jumped in price in the last few months (like DE2, Ys 1&2). Where you could get it from around $30 - $35 BIN now, suddenly theyre now listing for $50+ BIN. Crazy. Maybe its cause the holiday season is coming soon? Or just the gougers are getting greedier.
More than likely the gougers are getting greedier. I thought it was weird at the Portland Retro Gaming Convention when the guy there told me he was selling it for $40 whereas last year I could have gotten it for $25-30 complete with the box. And there is Jacki Chan:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jackie-Chans-Action-Kung-Fu-TurboGrafx-16-Mint-Complete-RARE-/170921604558?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27cbb8b5ce

sirhcman

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/12/2012, 11:54 AMWhat is going on with Neutopia? Seriously? I could have gotten this game last year for under $30 and now I'm seeing this craziness:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360492842259&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:US:3160
Mind you it was a "new" one but still...
My guess is because its listed as Brand New and is presumably still sealed. There is a boxed Neutopia (sans manual) on ebay right now that hasn't sold and has had a buy it now of $39 (free shipping).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutopia-TurboGrafx-16-Box-/150919465682?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2323804ad2

tggodfrey

Ugh.  As much as I want to blame gougers, people are just willing to pay more.  Competition is driving up the prices as well and it sucks.  Apparently its cool to collect games these days.
Games currently in play:

FiftyQuid

No chance anyone will buy that Jackie Chan for that price.  Yet another listing I'll get to watch relisted over and over again.  :?

VestCunt

Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/12/2012, 03:38 PMUgh.  As much as I want to blame gougers, people are just willing to pay more. 
Gougers shouldn't get off the hook, but impatient buyers and CIB johnny-come-lately's deserve an equal share.
Topic Adjourned.

Marll

Seems like Ys III has jumped quite a bit recently too. I'd love to get a copy before playing the translated Ys 4, but at the prices on ebay, and no leads locally for good TG stuff, I may just have to grab a ROM and play it that way. I wish I'd bought more stuff years ago when it was cheaper, but then again I had a lot less money a few years ago too, catch 22 I suppose.
Rabid Turbo fan since 1989!
Happy F@ck eBay member since 2010

VestCunt

Quote from: Bardoly on 10/07/2012, 11:22 PMShill bidding at its finest?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/320993125125?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Several of the high bidders sure look like shills to me...
Backing up, I just noticed that there's a "report item" category for suspected shill bidding: listing practices > fraudulent listing activities > seller is using other accounts to inflate the item price. As cynical as I as, I just went to original listing and reported it. If anyone else wants to, it might not hurt.

Quote from: Marll on 10/12/2012, 05:10 PMSeems like Ys III has jumped quite a bit recently too. I'd love to get a copy before playing the translated Ys 4,
Don't worry - Ys IV comes before III in the story chronology!
Topic Adjourned.

tpivette

Quote from: guest on 10/12/2012, 05:15 PMSeems like Ys III has jumped quite a bit recently too. I'd love to get a copy before playing the translated Ys 4,
Don't worry - Ys IV comes before III in the story chronology![/quote]
Glad to hear that, cause I skipped over Ys 3 (since I cant find it recently at a decent price) and just started playing Ys 4

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

VestCunt

Have you guys tried Ys III on the SNES? I don't want to suggest that anyone settle for other ports, but there's no shame in playing it while you wait for the Turbo version. I bought the SNES cart for $12 at Funco BITD when I was drooling over the TGCD RPG's with no hope of ever coughing up the $299 investment. My brother and I had a great time beating it and in no way did it detract from the awesome Turbo version when I finally got it five years later.
Topic Adjourned.

tpivette

I asked that exact question a couple months earlier...

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12197.0

and from the responses, I gathered that it was better to wait to aquire the Turbo version

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: tpivette on 10/12/2012, 07:24 PMI asked that exact question a couple months earlier...

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12197.0

and from the responses, I gathered that it was better to wait to aquire the Turbo version
I played the snes version first before acquiring the turbo version back in the early 90s and didn't think it was too bad. So I guess my question is this: Whats the problem in getting the PCE version? Its $20 and may be in japanese but you really don't need to understand it in order to finish it properly. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ys-III-Wanderers-from-Ys-NEC-PC-ENGINE-CD-/230606917912?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item35b13e5118
Its not like playing a text heavy game like Dragon Quest...

CrackTiger

My imperfect memory thinks it came in cellophane with a peel away strip, which that auction has.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

tggodfrey

Quote from: guest on 10/12/2012, 05:07 PM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 10/12/2012, 03:38 PMUgh.  As much as I want to blame gougers, people are just willing to pay more. 
Gougers shouldn't get off the hook, but impatient buyers and CIB johnny-come-lately's deserve an equal share.
Thats my point here.  We blame gougers all day long but people that want to spend rediculous amounts are to blame as well.
Games currently in play: